4.0 out of 5 stars Best in Class
The Samsung Brightside is no smart phone. But for a basic phone with no required data plan, I believe it deserves "Best in Class."

The call quality is good, and Verizon offers the best coast-to-coast coverage in the cellular industry. The touch screen feels accurate and responsive. As with their Galaxy Tab, Samsung has proven they can build a good touch...
Published on March 7, 2012 by Stephen Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable. Sadly that's probably the best one can hope for
I must begin by saying I feel Verizon feature phones are rather terrible. Their cameras are bad even by 2008 standards. They have little customizability, and they often feel very very cheap.

I used an enV3 for three years, and despite random shut-down problems and freak-outs when exposed to japanese characters, it was a decent phone. The env3 took acceptable...
Published on March 5, 2012 by Michael Morrill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 516 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Not nearly as good as OLDER Samsung Basic phones!!!!, January 18, 2013
Furman Walter (Anderson, South Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I got this basic phone to get out of the Verizon Smart phone contract. It is the worst basic phone I have ever owned! I had trouble with the phone even in my pocket hitting keys as I took it out to answer. It would not pair correctly (Bluetooth) in either of my cars!!! A 2012 Jeep Wrangler and a 2010 Lexus LX. I went to Verizon and to the Jeep dealership for help in pairing. It will not work in MANY cars so I was told. I found an old Verizon Phone (Samsung Flip U410) I used many years ago and LOVE the OLD phone!!! It is now conected and works GREAT for a basic phone!!! I plan to sell the Brightside next week or even give it away!!! I would not recommend this phone to anyone. Looking on the "Brightside" my old Samsung is working great!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Basic Phone!, May 11, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone for a few days now and have gotten to know it a little bit.
Pros: Great touch screen. Barely any Lag. The Sound is great(even the people I'm talking to have noticed it). the Qwerty keyboard is smooth and the keys are spaced out enough for my clunky thumbs.
Cons: On occasion when I'm texting on the screen and I hit the T9 button the phone will restart. I don't like that there is no QWERTY keyboard on screen. The texts you sent get deleted if your mailbox is full without your permission.

Overall its a great phone for the price. I'm on a family plan and only pay $30 a month which is nice. You can access the web if you want to pay for it. People say that they had issues with the main screen being a menu, well you can customize it. And if you learn to lock your phone then you'll have no issue what so ever!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many bugs, April 3, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I was told at the Verizon store after returning another non-smart phone that the Samsung Brightside is the best in class. I bought it because of the slide keyboard. However after having it a couple of weeks, here is what I have found.

Good:
No $30 per month data fee
Talk clarity is not bad.
Nicely laid out keyboard

Bad:
As mentioned in other reviews, it is way to sensitive and I am constantly going into areas I did not want to go...voice mail is the big one.
Horrible speaker phone quality.
Received text message are cut off short for no apparent reason.
When the phone is locked, it will unlock by itself in your pocket...calling VM or the web!
Camera quality is of phone produced 3 yrs ago.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very fragile, June 23, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I had this phone for 2 weeks and thought it was great. I enjoyed the camera, but the touch screen was very sensitive. I bought the protective case and my phone had dropped to the floor, about a 2 feet drop, and instantly the touch screen stopped working. There isn't a scratch or ding on the phone...it wasn't a hard fall at all. I have dropped other cell phones numerous times even where the battery comes flying out, and those falls all still worked. I called Samsung and of course there is nothing they can do for me except charge me an arm and a leg to fix it. So now I have a 2 week old phone that doesn't work. Don't get this phone if you think there is a chance you might drop it!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Self Dialer Included, November 16, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Even using the keyboard lock button it continues to unlock and dials e-mail etc, in my wife's pocketbook. Pick it up to use it and again it dials e-mail or something else you did not want to have happen. We've had several different phones and never saw anything like this before. Reading reviews this is normal for this phone. I would recommend this phone to my worst enemy but not to anyone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars This phone is horrible., October 18, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
Screen way to sensitive and it is truly a "dumb phone". I would never recommend this phone to anyone. I can't wait to be able to get rid of it. As soon as my 180 days is up for Amazon Wireless I will be purchasing a new phone!

1.0 out of 5 stars I wasn't asking for much..., August 17, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
All I wanted was a functional phone. I enjoy having a keyboard for text messages and an alarm clock but those are the only bells and whistles I really need. Or that would be if it weren't for things that up to this point I should have taken for granted. Other than a kind of iffy lock key which has called at least three people in the two months since I got it, the phone just can't decide whether or not to stay charged. I noticed this within a couple weeks when sometimes a charge would last for little more than a school day and sometimes it would last for several on end, and once or twice it died immediately after being taken off the charger. My parents got the same phones and reported similar problems. But the last time this happened the phone wouldn't charge when I plugged it back in (it was perfectly functional up until the moment I removed it from the power socket) so I took the battery out and walked out for a couple hours to go grocery shopping. When I came back there was a crack across the screen. Except I didn't see how that could have happened. Except there was no evidence of physical damage. Except instead of spreading radially from the fissure, the screen was blank from its peak until it hit a perfectly straight line half a centimeter from the edge, a blinding mountain on a empty plane.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stuck with it for another year, July 15, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I have had the Samsung Brightside phone for about a year now. I have constantly had problems with it and unfortunately I am stuck with it because of the two year contract. At first, the phone was great. Once the 14 day return period passed though I was stuck with a phone that can't handle texting. It slowly gets worse. The phone shuts off in the middle of a text, when I clear my text messages, when I open the keyboard most recently. Samsung and Verizon do not offer any sort of fix or update as far as I can see. I thought it had fixed itself at one point, but now it has gotten worse. Do not buy this phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST PHONE EVER, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I wish I had read the reviews before I purchased this product. My last phone died and I wanted a phone in which I did not have to purchase a data plan.

I have had this phone for not even 4 months. At first, I liked it and I could deal with the touchscreen being ultra sensitive. All of a sudden, one day I went to use my phone and it said "battery charging". The battery icon was even moving, but it wasn't even plugged in. Now I have to charge it every day, sometimes even twice. The touchscreen barely works. I have to tap it numerous times before I can text or answer texts. If I call someone I cant hang up. The numbers wont work while I am on the phone so I can't do anything i.e. listen to my voicemail because I cant type my password. Also, it turns itself off whenever it feels like it.

I talked to Samsung and they had me do a "hard restore". It didn't work. It just erased all my information in my phone.

THIS PHONE IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE. DO NOT BUY IT!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars do not buy this phone, it is the worst, April 22, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
My husband and I both have this phone and we both hate it. We experience all of the sensitivity and hanging up issues others have mentioned. it is a not very funny joke - when anybody calls us, they can count on our hanging up on them while trying to answer - then we call them back. imagine what it is like when one of us tries to call the other - it is a circus. i have never written a review before because i am too lazy, but we really, really hate these phones.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 516 | Next ›