Stay connected on the go with this Samsung i927 Captivate Glide mobile phone that features 4G connectivity for fast access to the Internet and e-mail, as well as a 4" AMOLED touch-screen display for simple navigation of the phone's functions.
Stay on the move with the 4G-enabled, Android-powered Samsung Captivate Glide smartphone from AT&T, which offers a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard for fast on-the-go typing and a powerful 1 GHz dual core processor. The 4-inch Super AMOLED screen gives you brilliant detail, spectacular color and deep contrast, plus it's bright enough to read easily in bright daylight and it automatically adjusts when indoors.
Speedy on-the-go typing via the slide-out full QWERTY keyboard (view larger).
Samsung Captivate Glide
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G HSPA+ connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1 GHz dual-core processor
- 4-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen
- 8 GB memory
- 8-MP camera + HD 720p video
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The large display and QWERTY keyboard make it easy to rapidly respond to e-mails and texts, work on reports, or draft documents. Create Microsoft-compatible documents, spreadsheets, and put together a PowerPoint presentation in or out of the office. Business-friendly features include Virtual Private Network (VPN) support, Quickoffice, and Exchange ActiveSync.
With AT&T's 4G network, you'll enjoy mobile broadband speeds up to 4x faster than AT&T's already fast mobile broadband network (learn more below). You also get the AT&T Mobile Hotspot service built right into the smartphone--enabling you to connect additional Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the phone's mobile broadband signal (requires appropriate data plan). This GPS-enabled phone can also access the AT&T Navigator service for turn-by-turn directions.
Capture brilliant photos and videos on the go with the 8-megapixel camera/camcorder on the rear--which can record video at up to HD 720p resolution--and video chat over Wi-Fi and 4G via the front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera. Connect the Captivate Glide to an external HDTV via the HDMI port and watch HD videos or photo slideshows on the big screen, or wirelessly share them with compatible HDTVs via its DLNA capabilities.
Other features include Bluetooth 3.0 for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming; an internal 8 GB memory, memory expansion via optional microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), access to thousands of apps via the Android Market, and up to 8 hours of talk time.
Dual-Core Processor Moves Data Like a Two-Lane Highway
You'll have a full 1.0 GHz, dual-core processor moving your data and information. Single core processors can only move data so fast, but when a second core is added, it makes all the difference. You’ll have a smoother and better movie and video playback. You can load images lightning fast, and forget about buffering during games. Once you experience dual core speed, there's no going back to single core processing.
The Samsung Captivate Glide weighs 5.2 ounces and measures 4.9 x 2.5 x 0.5 inches. Its 1650 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16.5 days) of standby time. It runs on AT&T's dual-band 4G HSPA+ network (850/1900 MHz; HSPA+/HSDPA/UMTS) plus international 2100 MHz 3G networks. It's also a quad-band GSM phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz GPRS/EDGE).
What's in the Box
Samsung Captivate Glide handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
AT&T 4G Network
This phone runs on AT&T's dual-band 850/1900 MHz 4G network (UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+), and with HSPA+ you'll experience mobile data speeds up to 4x faster than ordinary mobile broadband--up to approximately 6 Mbps (download). AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber).
Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
In areas where either AT&T's 3G or 4G network is not available, you'll continue to receive service on the AT&T EDGE network, which offers availability in more than 13,000 US cities and along some 40,000 miles of major highways.
Note: AT&T's 4G mobile broadband coverage is not available in all areas. 4G speeds delivered by HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul; availability increasing with ongoing backhaul deployment.
Optional AT&T Services
AT&T Navigator: This premium GPS navigation application includes audible turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic updates and re-routing options, and 3D moving maps (additional charges applicable). AT&T Navigator offers several other features to make your commute more enjoyable and reliable, including mobile access to Yellowpages.com. You'll be able to find the closes ATM, restaurant, gas station, Wi-Fi hotspot and more with over 10 million business listings.
DataPro 4 GB for Smartphone Tethering: Tethering lets you use your smartphone as a wireless modem or mobile hotspot, enabling you to share your mobile broadband connection to laptops, netbooks, and more. The DataPro 4 GB plan also includes unlimited access to more than 26,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots. And if you go over, you'll get an additional 1 GB automatically for only $10.
AT&T FamilyMap: Locate any phone indoors or outdoors on the AT&T Network. FamilyMap provides peace of mind by being able to conveniently locate a family member from your wireless phone or PC and know that your family's information is secure and private. Want to verify that your child arrives home from school each day? Set up a Schedule Check to automatically get location information sent to you via text message or e-mail.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity via AT&T's HSPA+ network. Where 4G isn't available, your phone will connect with AT&T's 3G network.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- AT&T Mobile Hotspot capable enabling you to connect multiple devices--from tablets to gaming devices--to the phone's 3G/4G cellular connection via Wi-Fi.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps or optional AT&T Navigator) and location services
- 1.0 GHz dual-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.0-inch Super LCD multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels) with LED backlighting.
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash, smile detection, image stabilization, 4x digital zoom and panorama capture functionality.
- HD 720p video recording
- 1.3-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
- Hearing Aid Compatibility: M3/T3
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Samsung Captivate Glide runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Captivate Glide also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.