Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Questions & Answers
Samsung Chromebook (3G, 11.6-Inch) 2012 Model
by Samsung
4.0 out of 5 stars (5,504)
$645.36
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 212 questions
votes
who provides cellular? Oct 18, 2012
Verizon by default provides the cellular service, as well as 100mb a month for two years for free. However, the Gobi 3G chip supports GSM networks, and the Chromebook has a SIM card slot, which means that AT&T, T-Mobile, or other SIM carriers can be used on the chromebook as well. It does require a bit of setup to use a provider other than Verizon. Google has some good information here: http://support.google.com/chromeos/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1059122
Jan 24, 2013 by J B.
votes
Yes, it has wifi. The 3G is meant more as a backup when on the road, rather than as a primary internet connection. For example, it has a 100mb monthly limit.
Nov 21, 2012 by Robert Figueiredo
vote
Its the same as the 3G experience on a smart phone, which if you are used to 4G feels slow. But its really only noticeable when trying to stream video.
Jun 27, 2013 by John Gladden
vote
I live in Puerto Rico, and no, it won't work. After long discussions with Google (great customer service) and Verizon (poor customer service) we determined that even though Verizon has a presence here, it was not providing the "prepaid" service the Chromebook uses. You have two options, that I know of... get a Verizon sim card in your country, use a generic (universal) sim card from one of your local providers and reset the default modem in your unit to accept other providers. This is very easy, look for it in the web, even Google has the instructions. And, as you may know, you can use your phone as a hotspot, or get a mobile wifi device (mifi). Hope this helps.
Feb 6, 2013 by Amazon Customer
vote
There is an HDMI port on the back of the Chromebook.
Dec 11, 2013 by Kimber Price
votes
no
Sep 16, 2013 by Dr.Ruthi
votes
sim card Feb 20, 2013
It's not a question
Apr 9, 2013 by M. Johnston
votes
What about Quicken? Oct 22, 2012
Geez, it's not a regular laptop. It runs on an ARM chip, not Intel. If Quicken makes a Chrome browser extension, you are in luck, but you can't just install stuff like on Windows or OSX. It is essentially a browser. I am buying one, so that is not a putdown. I use my Android tablets more than my computers at home, so I can't wait to give it a go. I bought the 3G model when I read about it, cancelling my wi-fi order.
Oct 22, 2012 by Paul
votes
HDMI ports on laptops are OUT ONLY
Sep 18, 2013 by Granite
votes
3G Jun 3, 2013
I believe there is one that offers 3G this one doesn't....I use WiFi for mine.
Jun 3, 2013 by Teresa Harman
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   22   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers