4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted the 2 years between upgrades
Published on July 24, 2012 by michael copeland

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!
I liked this when I received it and was really excited about it. I bought this for my mom who needed a basic phone to make phone calls only. Well within 3 weeks the phone died and we weren't anle to charge it at all. We tried other chargers as well to no avail. Very disappointed and a waste of money.
Published 11 months ago by Betty Fulton

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted the 2 years between upgrades, July 24, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Convoy U640 for Verizon Wireless, Rugged Flip Cell Phone (Gray) - No Contract (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I had a G'Zone Boulder before this phone and hoped it would be as rugged. It is, however I don't think it's "waterPROOF". It's water RESISTANT. I drop this phone from 6 ft(out of a truck) daily, and it keeps on ticking. Of course, after 2 years of abuse it's on it's death bed. About 75% of the time now I can't hear the person I'm talking to, or trying to call. With a nice 'WHACK' to the face it repairs itself for a while. It also is starting to turn off like it has a short in it. I'd have to say it was a good phone for a "free" upgrade, and for the constant butt kicking I give it, it stays in the ring pretty well. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for a new one though just because of it's dated techno parts.

4.0 out of 5 stars good phone, April 21, 2012
I love this phone I needed a phone that I could text on and if I drpped it wouldn't break. This phone has great speakers and good signal. I put it through the wash and got it wet during a horrible rain storm and have dropped it down 3 flights of stairs and the only thing that doesn't work on it is the camera. Honestly its not a big deal. No camera vs. Buying a new phone I would much rather take the no camera. Highly recommend!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone., March 17, 2013
My 15 yr old daughter doesn't really like this phone much, but that is OK because it has lasted her a while now with out it being broken or fried from water damage. I love this phone, wish I would have gotten it for her 1st!!!!! This is like the 7th phone she has gone through in 3 years. Dropped in the sink, toilet, snow, just left it in the bathroom while taking a shower (for an hour.....) or maybe it broke from horse playing with her younger bother. Whatever the case may be, unlike the others, this phone is holding up. Not sure if it will last more than 6 months, hopefully, but its done better than most so far. Can't really say a lot about features or use of the phone. She txts about a million times a day and actually talks on it once in a while (usually only when I call). The camera works well so far as I know. But other than that, it is holding up to a 15 yr old, that works for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh yeah, this is a phone!, August 21, 2013
Kathleen "compkat" (HOMOSASSA, FL, United States) - See all my reviews
My husband absolutely loves this phone, he isn't exactly a phone whiz, but it is perfect for him, He likes the spec on it regarding the phone was built up to military specs, like dust proof, water resistant, not proof, shock resistant, built to handle a few drops, which he is notorious for at work. Can't believe Verizon let this go to the wayside, the battery is amazing, up to 3-4 days of not having to charge, amazing, hubby says. Anyway, hubby says well worth the price even if it is retired, he's pondering the idea of buying another one just in case this one gives up the ghost in the next couple of years. We liked the speedy shipping too. thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars great flip phone, February 20, 2013
This is a great flip phone for someone who needs a simple rugged phone to make phone calls (and the occasional text). It's really hard to find a decent phone that's not a "smart" phone for a Verizon network. Sound is good, no dropped calls, people on the other end hear what I'm saying. Does its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars The phone is great., November 29, 2013
I have had one of these before I really liked it I had it for about 4 years and when I went to renew my contract with Verizon they did not make this hone any more, well I got a free phone, but I could not hear it ring, so I went to amazon and there she was. I got it, and it works great and I can hear it ring. The phone is very simple to use and I like that also. A phone is of no use if you can not hear it ring.

5.0 out of 5 stars phone and rubber case best combo out there, June 1, 2013
phone works great love the idea of being waterproof and the rubber case i got with it makes it dang near unbreakable would tell anyone not into the smart phones this is one of the best phones and case combo to get, but i am older and dont care for the smart phones should have enoung smarts to just need a phone and not a hand held computer but thats just me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, September 5, 2013
The condition for the used phone exceeded my expectations. Very impressed! I will be buying from again when i need another phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed!, October 9, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars New2YouCellular is a RIP OFF, July 22, 2013
Kenya (CHARLOTTE, NC, US) - See all my reviews
New2YouCellular is a RIP OFF, I have sent a total of 3 responses to them regarding this cell phone and I have yet to receive any valid response at all. (The only response that I got from them See below) This request was NEVER addressed how is possible that its closed? This entire process has been a complete nightmare!!! I purchased this product based on the following
Product Features and Technical Details and if was a gift for my husband who works in construction and the phone got wet and now its NOT working!!! I want a replacement telephone that is WATERPROOF as well as the Product Features that were described, this is what lead me to purchase this device.
Product Features
●No data plan required
●waterproof
●shockproof
●dustproof
●military specifications
ONLY RESPONSE!!!!
New2YouCellular has closed the return request listed below.
Reason for the closure of your request: This is a duplicate return request
Seller comments: Customer sent 2
========================================
Return Request Details
======================================
Seller: New2YouCellular
Item: Samsung Convoy U640 for Verizon Wireless, Rugged Flip Cell Phone (Gray) - No Contract
Qty: 1