2,142 Reviews
 (1,514)

Samsung HAFCU1/XAA Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter; lots of confusing numbers in this listing but the item received, as Amazon.com as the seller, is the most recent model, based on research on Samsung's website. (DA29-00003G replaces DA29-00003B)

Published on July 16, 2011 by Mark1City

1.0 out of 5 stars Deep Discount sent the wrong item #Da29-0000F not G
Published 23 months ago by Theresa Duval

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung HAFCU1/XAA (DA29-00003G) Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, July 16, 2011
This review is from: Samsung DA29-00003G Aqua-Pure Plus Refrigerator Water Filter, 1-Pack (Tools & Home Improvement)

It's exactly the same as the one I took out of our 6-mo.-old Samsung refrigerator and works the same - good. Good price, but I don't know where the retail price of $55 comes from; Samsung's online price is around $35, plus shipping and maybe sales tax. Overall, good package deal from Amazon.

While replacing, even though you've turned the water supply off to the refrigerator, you'll still get dripping water as you remove the old filter. I put a little pan on the shelf to catch the water and to make sure it's not leaking after installation. I had success on the first try.

Note on resetting the red indicator light: default instructions indicate holding two buttons for three seconds, except one model, which wasn't mine. However, my model is also a one-button reset, but it's more like 4 or 5 seconds. Just hold it down until it turns from red to green when holding it down, then release your finger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product - quick shipping, May 10, 2006
I purchased two of these filters as replacements for my Samsung fridge. The part number shipped was the DA29-00003B, which I think is also compatible with the DA29-00003A as well. It worked flawlessly in my fridge (Model RS2556SH). I recieved my order in the mail 3 days after purchase (regular USPS delivery)!

They are brand new genuine Samsung filters, which is a great deal for the price. The local Best Buy was charging $45+tax, so this is a good bargain.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy from a reliable source, October 5, 2009
Stephen (Southern CA) - See all my reviews
If you own a Samsung Fridge and are purchasing this product, you already know how your filtered water and ice taste.

I was not really happy with the price of this filter, but after wasting a lot of time on-line looking around for the part at a cheaper price, I came back to Amazon. Beware that other cheaper parts online are not always Samsung origional equipment manufacturer. (OEM)

I don't have personal experiece with these particular non OEM part, but experience with other non OEM have not always been pleasant.

This is the origional OEM part with a sticker sheet included to track the next time you'll need to replace the filter.

I have purchased parts from other online retailers typically with no problems. On the few occasions that I have had a problem you are pretty much on your own. Buying through Amazon is worth the literal few pennies you might save purchasing from other retailers.

4 stars becaue I feel the product is too expensive for what it is.

Update 2-20010
The ($40 plus shipping) price of these filters has become absurd. Amazon still offers a competitive price, the best you'll find on the internet for the OEM part. I installed a reverse osmosis water filter under my sink and put a T connection in to run filtered water to my fridge. The RO system delivers far better water quality than the Samsung filter. I removed the filter from my fridge. My RO system uses 5 filters in a year. These 5 filters cost a little more than one Samsung filter.

Watts Premier RO-Pure 4-Stage Reverse Osmosis System

1.0 out of 5 stars Deep Discount sent the wrong item #Da29-0000F not G, April 7, 2013
Theresa Duval (Lake Oswego, OR USA) - See all my reviews
The wrong part was sent and it does not fit. Below is their response to my inquiry and it is "baloney". The groves at the top of the filter for the F model is different for the G model. I believe that they are misstating and misrepresenting their error in sending me the wrong part. Probably thinking that the customer will throw the wrong filter away and allow $29.99 to thrown down the drain too.

Beware and do not do buy Aqua filters from this company.

"The DA29-00003G has been replaced by the DA29-00003F by Samsung. The best way to check this is to verify the UPC codes. They are identical. I even called Samsung to verify this because I was initially confused," (email correspondence, 4-7-13)

The G and the F model are not interchangeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I needed, March 24, 2010
Slamastack (Spring, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I have a Samsung RFG297AABP French door refrigerator and this filter is the genuine Samsung filter I needed for it. If it takes you more than 30 seconds to swap these filters our, you're thinking too hard. Just twist, pull out the old one. Push in the new one and twist it in place. Couldn't be easier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Aqua-Pure Refrigerator Water Filter (DA29-00003A, DA61-00159A), May 7, 2007
Well according to the company I originally purchased this product from, they no longer make the 500 gal. model (but it is still being offered according the the model numbers). Anyway, the 300 gal. model which is apparently the only one available anymore has a slower water flow than the 500 gal. model; I suppose they both would have their pros and cons then, the 300 gal. takes longer to fill up my water cups from the fridge but on the other hand when it hits the ice in the cup I don't have as much splash. The 300 gal model appears to have the same expiration time of 6 months.

1.0 out of 5 stars 1 out of 3 is Bad, September 25, 2011
I was excited to purchase a 3-pack of filters for the fridge. Yes, excited. That's a whole year and a half of worry-free filtering. I installed the first filter and the water barely trickled out of the dispenser. I very patiently attempted to flush the required 2 1/2 gallons through the system - the first 1/2 gallon took several minutes. I thought that maybe it just need to get warmed up/primed/whatever-justfication-i-could-think-of. After only one gallon, I decided I had a bad filter and tried the 2nd of 3. The 2nd filter worked great and I kept my fingers crossed for the 3rd. I was willing to take the hit on one bad filter (just lazy that way). ...6 months later and I just tried to install the 3rd filter. Same issues as the first.

Net cost: over $90 for one good filter.

Take your chances, but 33% is a pretty poor record. These are Samsung filters that were sealed and new. Next time I'll go to Sears where I can return it if I have issues. After 6 months, does anyone have any suggestions for recourse?

1.0 out of 5 stars How to make it fit, June 6, 2014
After cursing Samsung and Amazon for a good 15 minutes, I found a tip in old review from Kelvin Sakai really worked:
This design for whatever reason has 3 teeth instead of 2. It is the first tooth (the shortest one on the left) that is causing the problem. The plastic used on these filters is quite soft. I took a utility knife (box cutter) and merely cut off that first tooth on both sides of the filter (one slice through the tooth and a second slice to chip it off). After that, the filter went on exactly as our old ones did.

1.0 out of 5 stars Watch Out!!! - NOT COMPATIBLE with Samsung DA29-00003G, November 17, 2012
This is the third time I had to purchase and return this model from different manufacturers. All three times, including this time when I decided to go back and purchase the original part by SAMSUNG, they looked different from the original filter I used to have. For two years now, I used Samsung orginal part once and all other times I used compatible parts. They all used to wrok and fit fine. Now my only explanation is that Samsung has made some certain change maybe in its parts or models' numbers that customers do not understand or know. I called Samsung customer service and they were really of poor knowledge about things. The first agent even,who could not answer my question, gave me the parts' Dept. # to call and confirmed they would be open Saturday but they were closed. The second asked me to turn off the water supply and try installing it, altohugh the old filter fits in fine with the water on but their original two filters that I bought together do not fit at all AS THEY NOW HAVE THREE TEETH ON THE TOP PART OF THE FILTER which did not use to be till very recently. Anyway, I turned off the entire house's water and no help. I looked at samsung website and found that the product's picture was different in regards to its teeth that go in. It was the picture of the correct one while the one I was trying to install and which was to great extent nearly the same had three teeth! Samsung's second agent even kept telling me that the item I had was the right part but found no reason it did not fit altough the old one did fine. She could not either justify why it had three teeth instead of the two although its number and packaging was exactly the same with no one single difference. Samsung's part is also too expensive compared with the compatible ones I used to purchase all the time and which worked very fine. Samsung Customer service do not also stand right behind their sales which is not nice at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - High Price, November 3, 2010
This is an easy to install, "original equipment" part. My major complaint is that the water filter manufacturers have taken sales lessons from the computer printer manufacturers and totally screw their consumers on buying replacement filters. It's really a racket and the replacement prices far, far exceed the cost to produce these.