4.0 out of 5 stars Great Battery Life/Pretty Good Phone too!!
I've been watching the HTC Thunderbolt 4G phone and finally gave up on it due to all the bugs and horrible battery life. So after reading several reviews on the Samsung Droid Charge, I decided to take the plunge. Here's how my first few days with the new phone went - the good and the bad. First some qualifiers - I live in the Maryland suburbs outside DC where there is...
Published on May 18, 2011 by Todd

3.0 out of 5 stars Feedback
I just upgraded my Blackberry Storm to the Droid Charge. I like the phone. The battery life is much better than the Droid X or Droid 2, similar to the storm. Screen display is awesome; there are some quirks when it appears to have a mind of its own. My dislikes, dropped calls and spotty reception. I still carry my Blackberry with me and compare signal strengths and the...
Published on May 28, 2011 by William Powers

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, Solid performance, May 31, 2011
This review is from: Samsung DROID CHARGE 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
First Android phone and I have no complaints. Came over from ATT and an iphone 3gs. One disclaimer-I bought the phone from a Verizon store (paying more) but have had zero problems with it. They checked it out and set it up prior to leaving the store. I am not implying that saving money on Amazon is a bad idea, I almost did it, but it seems that some of the people that have had poor reviews may have faired better getting the phone direct from the source. Battery life is what you would expect from a phone of this caliber. The phone does many things, and if you run it intensely, you will run down the battery. The maps and navigation function replaces the need for a Garmin. Phone feels lightweight, but does not feel cheap as some have noted with the plastic backing. Camera is great. Enjoy the ability to customize the phone function, unlike my iPhone. I also find the Samsung UI to be intuitive and similar to iOS. Seen some Android purists complain about it, but I could care less. 4G LTE where I live and the phone flies when I use it. No complaints so far, solid phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, August 6, 2013
While this is no longer a new phone, nor is it the biggest or best, the 8 megapixel camera still produces brilliant photos, the android os still works like a champ despite the fact that it is an older version, the 32GB micro card holds everything I ever wanted to store on a mobile device and the phone quality & speakerphone are excellent. No one will probably want a phone like this, so you could surely get it cheap if available and the carrier supports LTE/CDMA. I would recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got stiffed on repairs by Samsung, May 13, 2013
This phone has a poorly constructed USB charger port, it cracks easily and doesn't take a charge. I sent it to Samsung for repairs, for which they charged $70. When the phone got back, HDMI port no longer worked. They acknowledged that an OS upgrade they did when repairing the phone caused the HDMI port to fail. They refused to reflash the phone with the original OS to fix the HDMI port problem, or to refund their repair charge. In addition, a few months after the repair, the USB charger port is broken again.

I strongly recommend against the purchase of any Samsung products, because of their irresponsible and unresponsive repair practices and policies.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you want an older, durable phone., May 11, 2013
still use the phone and works as good as the day i got it (almost two years ago). sure it may freeze on occasion but it still runs pretty well for a smart phone that has been dropped in puddles, and on concrete/hard floors. overall i am impressed with the quality of the phone and plan to keep it as a back up once i finally upgrade.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Battery Life, Incredibly Slow Updates, May 4, 2013
After this phone I'm done with both Samsung and Verizon. The battery life has always been terrible, the updates (the few that I got) were slow, and the phone came loaded with both Verizon and Samsung bloat ware.

For my next phone I'll be looking to get one straight from Google or perhaps switch over to Apple. At least with them you know the phone will be updated and they don't allow carriers to load the phones down with useless apps.

1.0 out of 5 stars By far the worst phone I've ever owned., April 19, 2013
Ahh, where to begin with this hunk of junk.

Let's start with the beginning almost 2 years ago. Within only a few days, the phone was noticeably slower. But, whatever, I figured that happens with all phones. Over the next 2 years, a laundry list of problems has developed that has made me despise my phone to the point that I want to go "Office Space" on it once my upgrade comes in about 2 months.

-Let's see, I would say about 1/2 of the times I use the flash on the camera, it freezes the phone entirely, forcing me to pull the battery out to get it restarted.

-It constantly locks up and restarts itself.

-I would say... 80% of the phone calls I try to make freezes the "Dialer". Whenever it freezes the Dialer, 1 of 2 things happens. Either, it makes a phone call to the number I was trying to reach and gave up on about 5-10 minutes later and I only notice once I hear voices coming from my pocket, or it never makes any call at all. Pick your poison on that one.

-Forget trying to connect it to the PC to transfer files... it doesn't even get recognized anymore. Don't know at what point that problem started.

-Lately, texts from friends aren't coming through. I'll get texts from friends asking why I'm not responding to them, if I'm mad at them, or why I'm ignoring them? That's quite frustrating when your gf send you a list of groceries to pick up on the way home and you never get it and immediately get yelled at after walking in from work. Thanks Samsung...

-Opening any app slows the thing down to a crawl.

-I have 2 games on the thing (I figured keeping it light would make it work better), but the one freezes about half of the time, so I just have to get rid of that now too.

-The keyboard doesn't seem to want to work the majority of the time. It'll recognize me touching the letters, it just won't input them into the message bar. The only way to fix that is to lock it, wait about 5 minutes and try again. Good times.

So... there's more, I just don't feel like typing anymore. All-in-all, I'd say the Droid Charge the droid charge isn't just the worst phone I've ever owned, it's one of the worst electronic devices I've ever owned, period. Good riddance...

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, April 1, 2013
I've had this phone for a year and a half and I can NOT wait to get rid of it. The Music Player turns on by itself randomly and seems to play the same song every time. It's very slow, freezes a lot. I restart it a few times a day. Sometimes I would text and nothing appears on the screen, restart again. I would try to make a call and have to wait 5 minutes for it to register and it might not even make the call and just switches to the home screen. Very frustrating.... But you know how it is.. they'll put out a new phone and design it to only last a couple of years. My boyfriend still has a flip phone to text and call and uses his tablet for everything else. I think I'll do the same.

1.0 out of 5 stars this phone SUCK, March 30, 2013
i have this phone for almost 2 years, this is 3rd phone and 2nd battery, it was replaced and still it is piece of JUNK, please don't buy it, also, worse is I got it from Verizon and NO support from them, made many calls to Samsung, chat with them, WORSE service on any devices I ever have experienced, very upset with them, although i have tablets, tv, refridge from them, very glad never needed service from them, they are just taking your money and never help you with any issue...... because there is no other justice, I am spreading my bad experience with Samsung all around internet...... shame on you Samsung

3.0 out of 5 stars Quirky phone, September 22, 2012
Amazon Customer (Hudson, NH United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the Samsung Charge since it was released in 2011. I'm currently on phone #3 (through Verizon's service plan). I was not able to use the GPS with the first phone - every other feature worked great. The second Charge died within 1 week of receiving. I've had no issues with the third phone - the GPS works great, the connection is stable, etc. The Samsung Charge will burn through a fully charged battery when it is in 4G if I am using anything that requires the data plan. I have to plan for this and make sure to either carry my extra battery or plug it in when possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy after 1 year, September 16, 2012
Owned for 1 year now. Battery life isn't great, but I haven't had any serious problems with it. I have only had to restart the phone once or twice due to errors over the past year. Slow start up. Other than that I have been very happy. Bought the same phone for my teenage son and also no problems over the last year - and he uses his phone a lot!

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›