5.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer if you can get a good price. Mid 800s isn't.
Published on September 22, 2010 by J. Curtis

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THIS SELLER!!!! BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!
Published on February 1, 2012 by DJeterfan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer if you can get a good price. Mid 800s isn't., September 22, 2010
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
The good old Kenmore blew a sensor and it would have been easy enough to replace but I wanted something a little newer with a few more features. We tried a 900 buck LG which just knotted up the sheets, trapping clothes, keeping them wet, and several hot spots and cold spots in the clothes so it went right back. The Kenmore was old reliable and never needed any repair. It would still be on the job had I fixed that sensor/igniter. Their new machines were costly and the lower priced ones didn't have very good reviews and some appeared on the avoid list. After shopping, I found this Samsung dryer for 502 and change. Way less then the comperable Kenmore unit. Right after we got it, the price jumped up to the 700s, or more depending on where you buy it. Can't believe we got the bargain. Hook up was easy and ready for the full load to do. I chose the normal mode with higher heat on the variable setting as there was a lot of towels in this load. Normally, they need to be touched up after the load done but the Samsung dried everything evenly. There are lots of musical jingles the machine plays when you turn on the power and engage different modes. It's quieter than the one it repalced but none of these machines are super quiet. Not too loud to hear the chimes from another part of the house. If your laundry service is in the garage, you might not hear them. This machine will shut off when the cycle is done where some machines will continue to tumble. The wrinkle free function will peridocally tumble the clothes. Bottom line: A good deal at 500 bucks or less but any more is too pricey. Still, it's built well and design is very nice. The manual is not written as detailed as it should be but adequate.

Pros: Works well and easy to operate with out being very noisy.
Cons: Other than being overpriced, none.
Recommend to friends: Yes.

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID THIS SELLER!!!! BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!, February 1, 2012
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
This experience was a nightmare. Never again will I purchase anything other than a book or DVD on Amazon. I originally ordered a washer and dryer from Seller (HCcost) for a total of $1,441. The day before delivery was to be made, seller added $500 in fees to the price. I cancelled order and items were never delivered. Seller called me and threatened me to try to get me to keep the order. Seller finally agreed to provide a FULL REFUND. Actual refund was only $693. They charged me $748 cancellation fee on a $1,441 order! Amazon denied my appeal. A couple of things people should know....1) Amazon is not the seller, they merely connect buyers and sellers 2) Amazon appears to manipulate the ratings of sellers by allowing sellers to respond to bad ratings. The bad ratings are then removed from the calculation of the seller's overall rating. 3) The first product review I wrote was REMOVED BY AMAZON. Screen said, "your product review has been removed". When I called Amazon to complain, the representative told me that they do not remove reviews and that only the people that write reviews can do so. Clearly this is dishonest. Amazon appears to manipulate the ratings and review process to keep sellers ratings as high as possible so that Amazon can continue to generate fees on transactions. Low ratings = Lower Fees for Amazon. It's a scam. I don't trust Amazon anymore. I ultimately bought my washer and dryer from Best Buy and had a GREAT experience with them. Other buyers should do the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power tools for the Manly Man (Part 2), March 17, 2012
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
As I mentioned in Part 1, my review of the Samsung WF210ANW 3.5 cu. Ft. High Efficiency Front-Load Washer - White, the impetus for these new appliances was a complete kitchen and service area remodel.

While other supposed Real Men are today continuing to toss the football around, build things like concrete block walls and outdoor decks, or simply ogle the strippers and drink beer at the local gentlemen's club, I continue to do the laundry, now in its second-to-last phase. The wife recently returned from the gym and is now poised to supervise the drying part with the Samsung DV210AGW gas dryer. If I ask nicely, she might even get me a refill on my strawberry-banana yogurt smoothie and perhaps warm-up last night's leftover quiche as a quick snack to maintain morale during the final folding bit, which I hate.

Just as with this dryer's companion washer, the controls of this machine are mind-numbingly simple. Who says America isn't dumbing-down?

The most prominent feature of the control panel, on the far left below the digital clock that counts down the run time, is a rotating knob with which to select the Sensor Dry cycles (Delicates, Perm Press, Heavy Duty, Normal), during which the dry time is determined by the fluctuating humidity level, or the Manual Dry cycles (Time Dry, Wrinkle Release, Air Fluff - the last one tumbling the load in room temperature air). Next to the right are three touch-pads arranged in a vertical row: Up and Down to adjust the drying time, and Wrinkle Prevent, which tumbles the load intermittently over 90 minutes using unheated air. Next to the right are three touch-pads arranged in a horizontal row: Dry Level, Temp, and Time. The Dry Level settings are: More Dry, Normal Dry, Less Dry, and Damp Dry. The Temp settings are: High, Medium, Low, and Extra Low. (Extra Low is defined in the User Manual as the "lowest heated dry temperature possible", but doesn't say what that is.) The Time settings are: 40 Min, 30 Min, and 20 Min. On the far right is a final trio of touch-pads arranged vertically: (from the top) Mixed Load Bell, power, and start/pause. (The Mixed Load Bell, which can only be used during Sensor Dry cycles, activates an alarm to notify the user - that's yours truly - when a mixed load is 80% dried and the user - me again - doesn't want some items to dry completely. Hmm, I would think a damp tighty-whitey would chafe.)

Unlike the door on the Samsung WF210ANW front-loading washer, the one on the DV210AGW can be reversed. On the other hand, the musical tones that accompany settings selection and cycle completion can be turned off on the former but not on the latter. (The cycle completion jingle on both machines, while catchy, would be even better if I could program-in "Dixie", a favorite of mine and President Lincoln's.)

Remember, neither machine takes quarters.

In summary, what more can be said about so simple a device that's nothing but a revolving hollow drum that fills with hot air? I mean, what could possibly go wrong? We'll see, and I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'm completely satisfied as the clothes come out dry with the PermaPress garments needing only minor touch-up, if anything.

After the laundry is dry and folded, there are a few of my shirts - not the Tees, that would be too compulsive - which will need that minimal amount of ironing, so I'd better drag out the board, plug-in the Sunbeam 4211 Steam-Master Iron with Automatic Shut-Off, and fortify myself for the task with a glass of cold buttermilk.

1.0 out of 5 stars cracked dryer drum within 2 years, June 9, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
We purchased this dryer (Samsung DV210AGW) new in August 2011, it has had light use since it is in a 2 person household, nonetheless we have just found that the metal dryer drum has cracked, creating a gap which catches our clothes as they tumble. We are advised by Samsung that the dryer had only a one year warranty, so no repair or replacement has been offered. We believe this is a design defect or a defect in the materials chosen by Samsung and should be repaired or replaced. I will be slow to buy samsung products in the future if this is their quality.A FURTHER NOTE, AFTER MORE DISCUSSIONS WITH SAMSUNG, THEY HAVE AGREED TO REPAIR THE DEFECT EVEN THOUGH THE DRYER IS BEYOND THE 1 YEAR WARRANTY. MY CUDOS TO SAMSUNG. ONCE I GOT TO THE RIGHT PEOPLE AT SAMSUNG THEY ACCEPTED RESPONSIBILITY WITHOUT ARGUMENT AND AGREED TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM. IF I COULD FIGURE OUT HOW TO CHANGE MY RATING I WOULD GO TO 3 STARS OR REMOVE THIS POST FROM THE WEBSITE.

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE, July 29, 2012
Ann M. Thompson (Grandville, MI United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
We bought our Samsung dryer June 2011 - it stopped working properly (the sensor no longer accurately dryers clothes - leaving us without the feature that we were looking for originally). Since the dryer is 1 year and 2 months old it is out of warranty. In the future we will look for a company whose business is dryers.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid, September 2, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
I've had this dryer less than two years and have been disappointed with how long it takes to dry clothes. I've had a thumping noise that sounds like tennis shoes in the dryer for over a week. Today I discovered the noise is being caused by a crack in the drum. After researching online I found that this is a common problem. Samsung claims to be rated "Highest in Customer Satisfaction" by J.D. Powers and Associates. I'll call tomorrow and find out if that is true. I'll update this soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT DRY, March 22, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DV210AGW 7.3 cu. Ft. Gas Dryer - White (Kitchen)
This dryer is horrible. Takes HOURS to dry clothes. Normal loads. Hours, literally. Sensor says it's dry, dryer shuts off, clothes are soaked. So I run it on manual when that happens (which is EVERY time I use it...almost daily with 2 babies in the house). Dryer just doesn't get hot enough on the manual setting. The metal inside a dryer should get PIPING hot. Too hot to touch. Never, ever happens with this dryer. Always just warm, at best. Lint is cleaned out after every load. When we first got it, had the dryer vent professionally cleaned, so that can't be the issue. And reading other reviews, it seems I'm not the only one with this failure-to-dry issue. The washer I got to go with this, even worse. Destroyed my clothes with the stench of mildew. Have to wash everything in bleach now. Ruining my darks. But it's either that or smell musty. Pick your poison. And I often have to run just an empty cycle, no clothes, with bleach to kill the smell when it gets really bad. Even soaked my clothes in vinegar in the sink to kill the mildew stench. Followed all the directions regarding wiping it dry after each load, cleaning debris filter, cleaning seal/bellow, etc., to no avail. The stench is nauseating. Then with a dryer that doesn't even get hot enough to kill off the mold/mildew spores from the washer, it's the perfect storm. Vicious cycle. Will never buy Samsung products again. Have all Frigidaire products in kitchen. No issues whatsoever. Electrolux makes Frigidaire. Should've gotten Electrolux washer/dryer.

Rate and Discover Movies