4.0 out of 5 stars Drum is a Manufacturing defect
I bought my Dryer 20 months ago and suddenly it started making a noise like something rolling around inside.

After calling repair service they told me this has happened before to others.
Published 14 months ago by Williams in Texas

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked Drum on Dryer
Published on August 1, 2012 by Johnnie Young

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked Drum on Dryer, August 1, 2012
This review is from: Samsung DV330AEW 7.3 Cu. Ft. White Stackable Electric Front Load Dryer - DV330AEW
I really liked the Samsung washer and dryer for the first couple years until my wife asked me to check the dryer the other night cause it sounded like a shoe was in the dryer. I inspected it and noticed a crack in the stainless steel drum in the seam of the weld towards the back of the drum. Called Samsung and got the standard it is out of warranty there is nothing we can do and there was no recall so too bad.

I spent a great deal more than I usually do on W/D and expected MANY years of trouble free service. Totally unacceptable product! Did a search online and what do you know others have the same problem. Talked to a service company and they said one part of the drum was $300 and there were numerous other parts also that went with the drum so no telling how much it would all cost?? And that was just parts no service to install! Also mentioned that another customer had the same problem!!

No more samsung appliances for me!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Drum is a Manufacturing defect, October 8, 2013

After calling repair service they told me this has happened before to others.
I called Samsung and requested assistance with the repair bill which was quoted at 400.00. They have offered to fix the problem this one time for no cost to me since it is out of warranty. They are replacing the drum. Let's see how it goes.

I never expected to have an issue by purchasing what I thought was a good quality product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got Samsung RESULTS!!, June 24, 2013
W. Riley "w" (grapevine, texas) - See all my reviews
Thump, thump, thump... oh shoot, look at all the other Samsung dryer owners that have heard the same sound and discovered a cracked drum weld. I have had my dryer for 14 months - out of warranty. Welcome to the club. So, after reading all of your "great" reviews, I thought... hmmm, perhaps ONE MORE squeaky wheel might help others in the future. I got on the phone with Samsung.

After being REALLY NICE explaining what the problem was and yes, I know it is out of warranty, the customer service agent asked if I would like to be transferred to the next level - EXECUTIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Well, darn tootin' I do! So she did.

Again, I explained VERY NICELY that I was very disappointed in the product and the way Samsung was obviously NOT standing behind the quality of the dryer. She listened attentively and asked me to hold. After about 2 minutes she returned to say that there had been no recall on the item. Yes, I knew that also. She then said that the would HONOR THE WARRANTY - BOTH LABOR AND PARTS for this issue JUST THIS ONE TIME!!! She was very emphatic about it being a ONE TIME repair. Well, guess what I said? Uh huh, you betcha! So they are supposed to call and set up a time in the next couple of days. I then immediately called my husband and told him that his wife ROCKS! The second thing I did was write this review to (hopefully) help you guys.

Now, if it happens with a second drum, then Samsung has lost a customer, but in the meantime I just saved $400-800.

If you decide to go this route, PLEASE remember that the people that answer the phone are not the ones that make the rules, and honey goes a lot farther than sandpaper (or something like that.) Explain that you are giving feedback and hope that at some point Samsung fixes the issue and stands behind their product. I can't say whether you will get the results I did, but someone told me once that "90% of the things you don't get is because you just didn't ask."

Good luck!

BTW - the product still gets one star, but customer service now gets a few more...

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Dryer has cracked drum, February 10, 2013
Purchased a Samsung Washer and Dryer together and loved them, had no trouble with ether one until recently, the dryer started making a clunking noise, remove the top cover and rotated the drum trying to locate the noise, found a 2 inch crack at the weld seam at the rear of the drum, contacted Samsung and they told me the dryer was out of warranty by 3 months, Samsung offerd no help in resolving this issue, i expected much longer life out of this part then just two years, i have been around washer and dryer for 35 years and never heard of this problem, its obvious the drum is thin & weak, for the amout of money i spent this dryer should have lasted 10 years, whats next ? Model DV350AEW/XAA
Not happy with Samsung !

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, April 6, 2013
15 months old, drum is cracked and Samsung says tough luck. I have the DV350AE model. I also bought a Samsung Color laser that was bad out if box and they wanted to replace it with refurbished model with 2 week lead time. I will stay away from all Samsung products now, extremely poor customer service!

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked drum - second time, June 28, 2013
I purchased this dryer in November 2011. In June 2012 I had a cracked drum. It was still under warranty at the time and it was replaced for free. It would have cost me $353.00 otherwise. Well guess what? The dryer is going thump, thump, thump again and there is a huge crack in the drum again! I called Samsung and the customer service rep said she could send someone out to fix it. I said I wanted it fixed for free. She transferred me to Executive customer service and they said they would oover it just this one time. I am satisfied they are paying for it again but I wonder if I am going to have the same problem again in 12 months! Do not buy this dryer.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!!, May 14, 2013
Sonia Ordenes White (Vienna, Va United States) - See all my reviews
The $1000 Samsung dryer that I bought lasted for 18 months or normal use; now it needs a $400 repair. The weld on the drum broke, due to low quality workmanship/materials. Samsung informed me that I am out of luck. According to my research, this is a common problem for which Samsung refuses to issue a recall. Shocking!

1.0 out of 5 stars upset, February 11, 2013
I had my dryer for 15 months thr drum is cracked were the welds about 1" after i have the problem start checw the reviews to late.
Be smart not buy samsung dryer.
my washer same age no problems i love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung DV330AEW/XAA BROKEN DRUM ??? Samsungs PR rating 1/16 Star (thats being generis), December 11, 2013
The one star my be misleading for the dryer seamed fine for one year seven months. Bought on sale for $700 the price when not on sale was $900 the little more than I wanted to spend. I had a roper before these (whirlpools low end W/D). I may have spent $600 for the pair. Had for 10 years. Normal dryer issues like belts and the wheels that the drum rides on no big deal. A broken drum on my new Samsung dryer WHAT crazy this should not happen the drum is not even a wear item it shouldn't break. Found a drum on point and click appliances. $230.94 that has the S/H $222.95 for the drum $7.99 S/H. I will have it to my door in a day or two. So I guess I spent my $900. Contacted Samsung first. They do have a lot to do with cell phones. Well the act on the part as cell phone company's. They care less about the consumer. Sorry cant help you out of warranty. Not even the part I can install it. NOPE

1.0 out of 5 stars Cracked Drum, June 27, 2013
E. Duffy "ERD" (Medford, MA United States) - See all my reviews
Same problem as everyone else 15 months and then clunk, clunk, cluck. I called Samsung and this item is not covered. I was able to get them to extend the warrantee for the parts but I have to pay for the labor. I did not have to complain to much to get them to give me the free parts, so they must know this is a known issue. It makes me sick to think how much I spent on this dryer only to be shelling out more money. Never buy Samsung again.