5.0 out of 5 stars Good little basic machine that sets up in a snap
Published 11 months ago by PT Cruiser

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy
This dvd player is very noisy. Had to turn tv up to drowned out the noise it was making. Size of it good but noise bad
Published 17 months ago by Vmw0222

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little basic machine that sets up in a snap, July 29, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black) (Electronics)
I purchased this Samsung DVD player to replace a Sony DVP-SR200P/B DVD Player that only lasted about a year and a half without heavy use. I'm hoping that I will have better luck with this one. So far it is working perfectly and it was super easy to connect to an old TrueTech 19 inch TV/monitor used to watch DVD' s. The remote is smallish but I think it fits well with this player. It measures just under 5 inches long by just over 1 1/2 inches wide. It's a basic remote but then it's a basic machine. It handles anything it needs to do. The buttons are very responsive to the touch.

First impressions are that movies load and start playing faster than with the Sony. Setup is just a matter of connecting the included A/V cables to the back of the unit which was clearly marked and to your TV or monitor. Then just pop 2 AAA batteries (not included) into the remote and you're ready to go, simple as that. The compact size of the player (8.2 x 11.8 x 1.7 inches) makes it easy to tuck into small spaces. It has a USB slot in the front where it's easy to access. It plays MPEG-2/4, WMV, and JPEG video formats formats and MP3, Dolby Digital, and DTS Surround audio. It only weighs about 2 1/2 pounds so it's easy to carry or move around. All in all this seems like a good little player that will do everything I need it to do and at a reasonable price.

Update 1/22/14 - This DVD player has been working just fine with daily use. No problems at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little DVD Player!, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black) (Electronics)
The Samsung DVD-E360 Player is just perfect for our needs.

It set up with our Samsung TV in seconds-NO EXTRA CABLES NEEDED- and is very easy to operate.

THE DVD PLAYER DOES NOT HAVE AN HDMI CABLE CONNECTION SLOT-Amazon should not have combined this player with the HDMI cable.

The player is for our 2nd TV that does not have Netflix - (no fancy DVD player for us-our other TV is "Smart")

The only drawback is the very small remote - but otherwise it's Great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine BUT beware, there is no HDMI port, January 30, 2013
Bought this on ratings and need for region free. It played the first disc AOK as soon as I put it in. Took 5 minutes to plug in and connect to TV

My only complaint is the Frequently Bought Together lists an HDMI cable so I bought one. However, there is no HDMI port so why would they be bought together? More irritating than a product issue...

4.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive but works great!, August 23, 2013
Although I was initially dismayed to discover that this DVD player has no HDMI port (especially since Amazon pitches their HDMI cable as an add-on item), I'm really happy with its performance.

I bought this region-free player to complement a boxed set of BBC documentaries (David Attenborough's LIFE series), and frankly, for the low price I did not have high expectations. But the Region 2 DVDs play flawlessly, and the picture is crisp and clear on my large LCD TV even with just the yellow video input cable. It's a very nice player for a very minimal investment.

5.0 out of 5 stars EZ says it, October 23, 2013
This is my fourth DVD player--second one for the bedroom. I got it today took it out of the box--surprise the instructions are all in Spanish but, I have a dictionary and as isaid it's my fourth region free so I'm an old hand. I had the cord fixed onto my old Sony CRT TV set so all I had to do was plug it into the composite hole and voila.

The on screen language automatically came up in English. They also have pictures so can ca scroll over to whatever item it is you want to play:DVDs, CDs, pictures, etc.

The stop button does not stop the DVD in play you have to press the menu button on th left side just above the scroll part.

It played an older region 2 video I have that wouldn't play in my old Colby player. It played DVDs I made from the TV on my Panasonic DVR, not great quality because the DVR is plugged into the composite not the better component cable section.

Best of all it's compact, lightweight. You can pack it up and take it to use for someone who doesn't have a region free DVD player.

For the low price you can't beat it--it was less trouble to set uo than a compact Philips region free I bought earlier this year which, like the Samsung is dual voltage.

UPDATE: the stop button does work, it's not the red button but the button under it. The red one with the white dot is for recording music through the USB port.

2.0 out of 5 stars Noisy, February 4, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars DvD, January 15, 2013
This review is from: Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black) (Electronics)
I had the same DVD player before and was very satisfied so I order same one on line. This one is a bit loud to me. I still give it 4 stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work with dvd from Taiwan, February 8, 2013
L. Chen (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
I have tried DVDs that worked on other region free players with this machine and it didnt work. Called Samsung support and it turned out the specific one I have is DVD-360ZA which is not region free though there a sticker on the box saying it is. Very disappointed and had to return.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted. Easy to use. Goodbye region 1, hello world!, December 6, 2013
I just received this player and am delighted! It took almost no time to unplug the plugs from the old player, connect them to the new, and hook up the power cord. Then I inserted my region 2 disc of Downton Abbey Series 4 and it played instantly! All the instructions in the book and on the screen are in English and I found there wasn't the slightest obstacle to utility. As usual the instruction manual was the last thing to be referred to and really wasn't essential.

One note for other users: there isn't a separate pause button on the remote. Pausing is achieved by pressing the play button and resuming is accomplished by pressing the play button again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to operate, January 4, 2013
Prabhat Garg (Bethesda, MD, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung DVD-E360 DVD Player (Black) (Electronics)
Very functional, works well. No problems at all. Initially, I had one minor issue in its operations. I called the manufacturer, came on line very quickly, and advised me how to operate it.

Rate and Discover Movies