Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 17, 2012
The speed on this phone is incredible... Incredibly slow. The internet, slow. Texting, slow. Moving from one screen to the next, slow. Typing, pictures, loading, calling, slow slow slow. God speed to anyone in a rush.
on August 10, 2013
good so far. It is easy to use. When texting it seems that the keyboard is too small; but it could be that the user is not used to texting. this was an entry level smartphone for someone that had a flip phone and texting was so hard. everything is good. Only thing; I experienced a long charging time and don't use it with internet yet.
on October 1, 2011
While I think this is a good phone, the battery life is just too SHORT. After fully charge, it won't even last 8 hours for a normal usage (2 hours active, other times on standby).
on April 10, 2016
I've been using this phone for the past five years. It can't compete with the highend smartphones of today, but that's expected - it runs Android Froyo, 2.2.2, and Android M has already been released. That's a lot of generations...every letter is a new generation.

But despite its shortcomings, I've found this phone adequate for my needs. It allows me to call, to text, to listen to my favorite music, to use WiFi and access the internet, check my email, even go on Facebook. Some Google Play store apps can still be installed, for example Google Drive. The camera will do fine in a pinch, but I find the lack of a Zoom function

It's easily one of the cheapest and best smartphones out there today. I'm pretty happy with it, even five years down the road. At first, the battery didn't last very long, but now it easily goes 3 or more days with minimal usage. Doesn't come with a microusb-usb cable though. The charger adapter has one end go in the wall outlet and the other into the phone, so you'll need your own usb-microusb cable to transfer files from your computer to this little beast.
on November 11, 2011
This phone is amazing I haven't had it for long but I love it! The battery life could be better but I'm not complaining... this is my first android product and I am completely and 100% satisfied with it! I would recommend this to anyone, I LOVE IT and it's definitely worth the buy!
on June 6, 2013
I did not buy this phone through Amazon. It was my upgrade through Tmobile. I got the phone June 2012. It was great at first....easy to use, good reception, easy to navigate. And then things went crazy March 2013 with no warning. Accessing the internet took forever. I would often lose my gtalk connection. I wasn't receiving many calls, texts, and IM's. Friends would send me a screen shot of their phone showing where they tried to call or message me. Yet, I never received those calls or messages. In order to send a text, I had to shut the phone off and restart it. The battery charge would not hold. Oh, and the best part of all was I could only talk using the speakerphone.
I'm in my 30's so this isn't my first phone. And I followed all of the other instructions such as turning my phone off for at least an hour every day and not leaving it on the charger all night. I've been very careful about not dropping it and have kept the phone away from extreme conditions. This phone just didn't last. I've tolerated the junk since Mid-March and now I'm on Amazon looking for a replacement. Even though I had insurance on the phone, Tmobile would not replace it.
on January 26, 2013
I had no complaints with this phone. I am not a big "tech" person. I actually received this phone from my hubby as a Christmas gift. He thought I was long overdue for an upgrade. My previous phone was a slider with a qwerty pad. It was a "no-frills" kinda phone. I liked the touch screen and it was easy to use. I didn't like texting on it, just because it seemed small and I made frequent typos. Well I decided to connect the Bluetooth to my car (2012 Toyota Camry) and all seemed fine. I disconnected from the Bluetooth when I got out of the car and ended my conversation shortly thereafter. A little while later I noticed that my phone would not unlock, as if we're frozen. I was swiping and pressing the buttons on the side and nothing. Then as if it were a processing delay, all the buttons and swiping finally registered and the phone proceeded to go through the actions. It was still frozen and the screen turned black with a message 'RAMDUP'. I took out the battery and replaced it. For a while it seemed fine and then started freezing again. I liked this phone, but I feel it's far too soon to start having these problems. It's only been a month! And I may make 1-2 calls/day. I am reinserting my SIM card into my old phone!
on April 8, 2013
I usually buy household items from amazon rather than ebay just because I choose the items based on customer's reviews and I have been very happy with my (customer's) decisions.
Sure enough, I am not the actual end-user of this item, but according to my 3rd grade daughter, she is VERY happy with it.
Thanks Amazon~~
on January 21, 2013
I have to preface this with the comment that I have stupid thumbs. They just do not like to hit the right key on the tiny keyboard and I misspell things a lot when I text. I have to text slowly when I really want to type at speed. But I attribute that to human error.

The only thing I don't like about this phone is the lack of memory. I have to constantly go though my pictures and delete them or email them to myself to store on my computer. I have the SD card, but nothing saves to it, so I may as well not have one. I'm pretty device-savvy and can figure out most devices, but I haven't figured out how to transfer anything to the SD card. In an effort to save my pictures, I've deleted all non-essential apps and use my phone for talking, texting, and very basic web surfing.

On the positive side, it does link into wi-fi really easily. It also has a nicely sensitive screen. Not too sensitive, but not too tough, either. It's a good, basic beginner Adnroid phone, but I'm ready for an upgrade in less than a year.
on February 5, 2012
I bought this phone on Feb 1, and have had a few issues with it, most of which have either been resolved, or I have learned to accept.

The first thing I noticed when turning the phone on (and off) is T-Mobile's "Stick Together" animation that appears and has the audio level set so loud that it distorts the speaker on the phone. In order to save my eardrums I called tech support and was told that there was nothing that could be done about it, which angered me until I discovered that the volume for this could be adjusted in the "system audio" settings. I found it strange that their support people didn't know how to do this.

The second problem was when I tried to pair the phone to the bluetooth in my car's audio system. I got the message that the phone was paired to my car, however the voice control in the car didn't work. I later discovered that you need to drag down the notifications bar during the pairing process to download the phonebook. The only other issue, is if you use your google contacts and type them in Firstname, Lastname in your contact list, in my car, a 2011 Elantra, I have to say the Lastname first in order for the voice recognition to work. Not sure if this is true for all cars, but I didn't have to do that with my previous phone from Straight Talk.

This morning when I turned on the phone there was a big yellow triangle on the screen and a message that said "downloading", which never went away. I called tech support and they helped me reboot the phone which cleared out all my data. He said I must have hit the volume and power buttons at the same time, which is easy to do because they are on opposite sides of the phone right where it is natural to hold it.

The biggest problem I am having is that when the phone is shut off, voicemail picks up after 1 or 2 MINUTES!!...Or just goes to a busy signal after 1 or 2 minutes, which pretty much makes the voicemail unusable. It does seem to work regularly when the phone is left on.

I am undecided as to whether or not I will keep this phone or T-Mobile or not, but there are some pluses. The Dart is like a poor man's Iphone in that it does much of what an Iphone does but the resolution isn't even close and the smaller screen size is noticable. But, having true internet access on my phone is convenient...being able to sync my contact list off my gmail account is very cool...and being able to use wifi, especially for voice...is a huge advantage since my cell service sucks at home because of the terrain around us.

I will play with the voicemail and consider leaving the phone on all day until bedtime so I can receive voicemail most of the time, which I think might be practical. But, I would be curious to know if anyone else is having the same problem with their voicemail on T-Mobile.

Except for the voicemail issue, I would recommend this phone for someone wanting a decent entry level smart phone. As for T-Mobile, they seem about as good as most other carriers...in other words they suck too. Their customer service was totally useless with the problems I had, except for the rebooting problem where I actually did get some help.