4.0 out of 5 stars Good compact camera, low price
Published on September 1, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Blurry pics, very slow response time
Why buy a no-name brand digital camera when you have better choices? I'd stick with a Canon or Minolta, some models even cost the same as this generic-looking camera with horrible pic quality. Looks and fels flimsy, too. Go for a Canon.
Published on August 20, 2003

4.0 out of 5 stars Good compact camera, low price, September 1, 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera after owning a Digimax 130 for almost 2 years. My shots on that camera were limited to 640X480 because the higher resolution shots were blocky and the colour came out all wrong. With the Digimax 201, I was REALLY impressed by the quality of the shots. I take shots at 1024X960 at with the "fine" setting. This is one setting below "Super Fine" but is just right for me. Every review I've read seems to mention the high battery consumption of the camera. I'm using GP PowerBank NiMH 1800 batteries and they're fine. I dont have any problems, even with using the LCD all the time. The camera is compact, lightweight, though does have a slight weak feeling to it. The menus are very easy to understand and use, a lot easier than my older Digimax 130. Shots taken in the dark are suprisingly great as well.
The fact that it does'nt record audio on the video is not a factor to me, as that is just a novelty. If you want to record movies, go buy a camcorder. Also, regarding the picture quality, I've used other 2.1 megapixel cameras by Canon, Fuji and Sony and the quality of the Samsung shots are awfully close to the others....In fact, I can't tell the difference on my 0.27dpi LG 17" Monitor...
Overall
The bad
1) No lens cover
2) Flash takes 10 secs to be fully charged for the next shot
3) Date imprint font on the pictures is a bit corny and big, but I just disable it.
4) TV output would be nice (my old Digimax 130 had that)
The good
1) Compact and lightweight
2) Cheap
3) Excellent quality pictures
4) Attractive
5) Variable flash settings for different light conditions
6) Nice pouch

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera. Heed these warnings., June 29, 2003
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I purchased this camera 2 days ago. The small size of this camera was the primary selling point for me as I wanted a portable camera to carry around with me anywhere I go. Be warned: When using the SD optional memory slot, the internal memory cannot be used at the same time hence pictures/movies taken before you inserted the SD memory card will not appear or be accessible. I recommend using rechargable NiMH 1800mAH - 2000mAH. It is July 9th and I have decided to return the camera to buy the Digimax 360 3.2MP for the following reasons (1) burst mode 2fps, (2) lens cover, (3) boasts the same compact size, (4) optical zoom 3x, (5) audio for movie mode. If you are considering this camera, first consider if you require any of the above.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Digimax 201 Digital Camera, May 15, 2003
Old Salty Hound (Venice, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
Quite small in size but easy to handle. Fits into shirt pocket. Well placed dials and switches. Easy to use after reading the instructional manual. Gives you enough options in many regards. Has zone focusing system, not a continuos one -- not really made clear in the sales information. The macro, portrait, and normal distance settings work very well, IF you carefully follow the distance specifications for these settings, otherwise you end up with blurry pictures. In general, the photo images are very good to excellent. The battery drain seems to be fairly heavy, but at least it uses the popular AA size. An AC adaptor from the Samsung company has proved to be very useful. The built in memory is fairly small, but can be augmented by adding cards. The USB connection to your PC works like a charm automatically, and the editing software is very good. The case is well made. It is a great value for the money. I would highly recommend it, depending upon your needs, especially for the average photographer, like me. It is an excellent little camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good camera for the price, February 8, 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I got this camera for about $110 a month ago, and it's been a pretty good camera (probably one of the best for its price). It's a standard 2.0 megapixel good for taking everyday photos and such. It's also a pretty small camera so you can take it wherever. There are three focus modes: one for up-close pictures (so they won't be blurry), one for portrait pictures, and one for landscape. I've been using rechargeable batteries and the camera doesn't eat them up as fast as I would expect. The LCD screen is about 1.6" across, and it's sharp and clear. The only complaints I have is that there is no lens cover, and you have to hold the camera in place for a second or so after taking the picture or else it will come out blurry. Overall, the Samsung Digimax 201 is a simple, easy-to-use camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is good quality for a low price, December 31, 2003
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I got this camera for christmas and i would definatly recommend it,its a 2 mega pixel camera,which is the standard for digital cameras,the picture quality is excellent.very clear and vivid.This is a must have camera.overall its a good camera for a low price,you should buy it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Camera, December 21, 2003
Cara (Savannah, GA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I just received this camera for an early Christmas present, and love it. It takes wonderful pictures, and is very easy to use. I would recommend this camera to anyone starting out with digital cameras. It is also very easy to download them to your computer, that is a big plus for a lot of people. Being a smaller camera is helpful to, and I love the fact it is so easy to review your pictures or mini clips on the camera itself before downloading it to your pc.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome camera....(for the beginner photographer), October 13, 2004
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
hmmm...i was buying those diposable cameras for the longest time.
i hated spending all that money on a camera, wasting gas, developing the film and finally end up with pictures that got blurred, blacked out or just something wrong that if i had seen before, i woulnt have developed it to begin with...so i went on a mission to find a digital camera and was into something cheap,not knowing what to expect. i found this at wal-mart...that is an awesome store...it was the cheapest ONE THERE!! i was excited right when i opened the box. it came with batteries, so i put them in and at first it didnt work..then i found out the batteries were in wrong and that i had to turn it on..heh heh oh well ive had the camera for close to a year now and im glad this was my first digital..i love it to death..i just find myself looking for something slimmer..
cause even though they say you can fit it in a pocket. heh YEAH maybe a purse or a jncos pocket...
but overall this is an AWESOME camera, worth more than its value.
i would recommend this to everyone who loves, just taking pictures of friends and family and arent too seriously into photography...
if youre looking for something simple, cheap,easy menus, and worth keeping ...BUY THIS CAMERA...NOW!!! ESPECIALLY if its your first one... trust me...it wont dissapoint!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price..., May 8, 2004
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I needed a camera with higher resolution that wasn't too expensive. I searched a lot. Chose this because it was the best price for the resolution. I certainly wasn't disappointed. True, the zoom is only 2x. However everything else was great. Took some nice wedding pics. The short..if your pocket is deep, get something with more zoom and better resolution. If not, then this is a good buy for the price and features.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! GOOD FOR BEGINNERS, May 31, 2005
Lawrence "Lawrence-F-N" (michigan sterling heights) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
Let me get srtaight to the points.

1. You need to have either good batteries, or the Av outlet.

But other then that it's great. nice shots, good flash for night time. Nice imagery.

Nice film quailty. And very leight.

I tottally reccomend this for beginners, and middle class workers. Nice price also.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good begginer camera, November 17, 2004
This review is from: Samsung Digimax 201 2.1MP Digital Camera (Electronics)
I am a photographer and this was my first camera. Its verry small and compact and great for a first camera. I sugjest buying a memory chip and rechargable bateries though. Besides that its great for begginers!