Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Samsung EC-ST700 Digital Camera with 16 MP, 5x Opt...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 56% off the $279.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.07 shipping
3-Year Camera Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Samsung EC-ST700 Digital Camera with 16 MP, 5x Optical Zoom and Touchscreen (Black)
|Price:||$189.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$90.99 (32%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 3.0 Touch LCD PLUS 1.5 Dual view LCD
- 16 Megapixel
- 1.8" Dual LCD for perfect portrait shot
- 3.0" wide Touch LCD for Easy of use
- 720 HD Movie
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Display Fixture Type||Fixed|
|Effective Still Resolution||16.1 MP|
|Expanded ISO Maximum||3,200|
|Expanded ISO Minimum||80|
|External Memory Included||No|
|Flash Memory Type||SD|
|Flash Modes Description||Auto, Fill-in, Flash off, Red-eye reduction, Slow synchronization|
|Focus Type||Autofocus Only|
|ISO Range||80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200|
|Item Dimensions||2.17 x 0.79 x 3.9 inches|
|Item Display Weight||0.7 pounds|
|Item Weight||0.27 pounds|
|Lithium Battery Energy Content||2.8 Watt Hours|
|Lithium Battery Voltage||3.7 Volts|
|Lithium Battery Weight||4 ounces|
|Maximum horizontal resolution||4,608|
|Metering||Multi, Center-weighted, Spot|
|Optical Sensor Resolution||16 MP|
|Optical Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Photo Sensor Technology||CCD|
|Sensor Cleaning Method||No|
|Shipping Weight||0.8 pounds|
|Touch Screen Type||Yes|
|Video Capture Resolution|
From the Manufacturer
Dual LCD viewfinders on the front and back of camera are ideal for taking self-portraits. View larger.
Smart Auto 2.0 automatically adjusts composition settings for the perfect shot. View larger.
Take pictures that are clear and blur-free--even in low light or during fast action--thanks to dual image stabilization. This feature combines the mechanical precision and digital technology of both optical and digital image stabilization.
The Samsung ST700 also allows you to record movies in the palm of your hand. With HD Movie, you can capture video in 1,280-by-720-pixel resolution at 30 frames per second.
Smart Auto 2.0 Creates the Perfect Shot
With Smart Auto 2.0, the Samsung ST700 captures the perfect shot by analyzing key composition elements and selecting from 17 different photo and 4 different movie modes.
The Samsung ST700 includes a face/smile/blink-detection feature that detects and adjusts the lighting on up to nine different faces at a time. The camera will automatically shoot the subjects when they laugh or smile, and prohibit the shot from happening if anyone's eyes are closed.
Advanced Effects for High-Quality Photos
The camera's Beauty Shot feature automatically removes dark circles, facial blemishes, and imperfections to create great portraits. It's like having a makeup artist in your camera. A front LCD screen makes it even easier to take great self-portraits.
After shooting an item at an angle, use the camera's Smart Crop feature to alter the image to appear as if it were shot straight on. Simply select four crop points on the image, and it automatically reappears, re-cropped in full frame, from the desired angle.
Product and Warranty Information
The Samsung ST700 is equipped with a 26mm wide-angle Schneider lens, a 5x optical zoom, a 3-inch LCD touch screen, and a 1.8-inch front LCD screen. The camera measures 2.17 by 3.88 by 0.85 inches (H x W x D) and weighs 0.27 pounds without the battery and card.
To use the ST700 with your computer you'll need an Intel 4 3.2 GHz or later or AMD 2.6 GHz or later processor; at least 256 MB ram; a USB port; a CD-ROM drive; and at least 250 MB hard-disk space with a Windows system (110 MB with Mac). The camera is compatible with Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7, and Mac OS X 10.3 or higher.
The Samsung ST700 is backed by a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor.
What's in the Box
Camera, AC adapter/USB cable, rechargeable battery, strap, touch pen, cleaner, user manual CD-ROM, and quick start manual.
Read about our customers' top-rated cameras on our review page: Point-and-Shoot Cameras
Top Customer Reviews
best best feature of this is the front lcd screen which lets you see the picture, just as if you were looking at the back lcd. so so innovative, so smart, and once you use it you wonder why all cameras don't have this amazing useful bit.
picture quality is superb. even on email mode, this picks up details that my sony had never seen and i couldn't believe it. seriously... a sony with a zeiss lens you would think is perfect!... but this is better. very very very happy with this purchase and i simply love this camera. i bought it in time to go to a wedding, and all the guests were awed with the front lcd also saying, oh my gosh i have to get one of those..... !!! and actually for one relative i hadn't seen in a while at the wedding, she was so in love with the cam to take family shots, i bought her one on the spot as a surprise, from amazon too!
my few pet peeves..... 1) this is a great camera, can you at least somehow make it look a little sexier?!!! it looks like any other camera on the market, but i think is much much better. basic black is SO SO boring. i didn't realize it comes in silver! but some other inventive colors would be nice too... also it seems to be VERY hard to get it in a color here in the u.s., tho i did find some on ebay after i had bought it on amazon.... dayam!!!).Read more ›
There is only a few things i wish could have changed with the product.
1. I wish the touchscreen was a little more sensitive. (Overall it isn't THAT bad, but its manageable)
2. Be careful not to get any hard dust or debris in the lense because it WILL refuse to close if it gets to clogged up. This camera is definitely not a rugged all terrain camera, but a delicate camera to be carried in a hard shell camera case.
3. The front LCD could be a little bit more accurate with what the final picture would look like. I kinda wished the LCD in the front would display the final look of the picture from looking from the back as well.
Summary: Other than being an outstanding point and shoot camera with a ton of great features and beautiful stunning pictures, the construction quality of the possible lens malfunction, front LCD inaccuracy, and touchscreen in-sensitivity makes my rating not a full five stars. BUT! The picture quality and its great user friendliness definitely makes up for it and it being a dual screen LCD camera makes it great, innovative, and fun.
1) The touch screen is IMPOSSIBLE to use. This comes from someone who has an iPhone, tablet, and multiple other touch-screen devices in her home. It is very inconsistent and does not do what you want to it to, ever. You have to try and re-try multiple times to simply move from one picture to the other or to delete a single photo.
2) It is SLOW. And I mean, noticeably awkward and stone-age slow. It seems like a full minute (probably more realistically about 15-30 seconds) for the flash to come after you press the button to take a picture. This means not only do you totally miss the moment you're trying to capture, but when trying to take a picture with a friend you stand there smiling like an idiot for about 20 seconds. This is probably the feature of the camera that makes it not only inconvenient but unusable. What's the point in a digital camera if you might as well be using a daguerrotype?
3) NO forced flash on. The only option is "auto flash" which is NOT acceptable when taking photos outdoors or in dark conditions. It ruined many a photo before I had the sense to return the camera.
4) Very loud and noisy. The volume probably could've been turned down but the camera did NOT have a user-friendly interface, and so I could not for the life of me figure out how to shut it up, even though, as I said, I am usually quite tech-savvy.
5) The front-LCD screen is horrible quality.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Favorite little camera with front view. This is a great on the go camera with fun features! I had no problems with battery dying or screen mulfuctions. Happy camper here!Published 23 months ago by Mamakat