Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation STEM

on June 26, 2013
Do NOT purchase this if you are ordering an extra cable/charger for your Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT P5113. It will not work. I purchased this, plugged it in and nothing happened. After doing some digging, discovered it is not the right cable or charger. you need parts ETA-P10JBEG, which I looked up on the Samsung website. Nice job, Samsung. Your practice of not providing standard cables/chargers for all your Tabs is ridiculous. Now I have to return this and spend way too much for another one. I cannot find one here on Amazon. Oh and Amazon, please make sure your customers realize this. It might save someone time and money.
1010 comments|205 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
I am 99% certain this is a counterfeit product, and it doesn't work right.

First, if you have an Android product, get Battery Monitor from 3c. It's in Play Store, and it's free. What it does is show you the current flow into or out of your battery, with updated values every 60 seconds. With no charger connected, I see an outflow between 900 and 1100 ma on my Note 10.1. Seems about right for 7 hour life on built-in 7000 mah battery. Now connect charger that came with Note 10.1 tablet. Give app a minute to get new number, and you will see around 900 ma flowing into battery. Seems completely reasonable since the charger is rated at 2000 ma. Current first goes to run the tablet, and what's left over goes to battery.

Now connect this thing to the tablet, and you will see charge between -100 ma and +100 ma (depending on screen brightness and processor workload). Many people have said this unit doesn't charge (which matched my experience), and Battery Monitor says they are right. Seems the charger's total current output is limited around 1000 ma, regardless of the label saying 2000 ma capability.

Could it just be a bad unit? Well, maybe, but ... The case isn't quite the same. This real Samsung supply is completely rectangular. This one tapers, with the dimensions nearest the wall connector being about .120 less than at the USB end (for both X and Y axis). It's also about 0.05" longer. The original charger has part-lines from front to back, as would be necessary to get it out of the mold with parallel sides. The presumed-counterfeit has no part lines, which would require a tapered design for extraction from the mold.

Also, the logo is not the same size (.09 high on original charger vs .13" on this unit), and the straight lines in the U and N are a little curved (in a way that the corporate logo police at Samsung would probably never let out the door). Lettering is perfect on original charger. And the disposable plastic film is completely different between the two.

Does Samsung have 2 chargers, one good and one bad, both with same part number? I suppose that's possible, but most unlikely. Not surprisingly, the charger I bought at BestBuy last night matches the original perfectly (both in appearance and performance).

The real charger comes in a nice box that says Samsung all over it, and has a hologram. This one comes "bulk packed" in a plastic bag, obviously without a hologram that says "Samsung Original."

99% chance it's a counterfeit, and 99% chance you will only get trickle-charging with this one if you try to use it with a Note 10.1.

Beyond that, I think the old saying, "If it seems to good to be true, it probably is" applies. Samsung (and BestBuy) get $50 for this charger. How is it possible for A-Mall to sell the same thing for $18.30 on Amazon (and be qualified for free 2-day Prime shipping)? Amazon obviously gets a significant cut of the $18.30, and the seller should be making a profit, plus paying for shipping to Amazon. Is the dealer price from Samsung below $10, as needed to make this possible? Doubtful.

77 comments|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 20, 2011
I know, I know, I'm supposed to review the product and not the seller here. The charger works like it's supposed, is the same as the one that came with my Galaxy Tab 10.1. It's wonderful to have a spare I can keep in my backpack and just leave the other at home in my nightstand. BUT, clearly this item was not new. It just isn't. C'mon, anyone could tell that. So yes, it works fine. But I paid for a new item. "Bulk packaging" is not a euphemism for used. I purchased from the OEM Shop. Annoyed for sure.

EDIT: 1/2/2012 Just going through my reviews and realized that I forgot to add an update to this. Shortly after my review, OEM Shop did contact me to rectify the problem. That's fair, and I do appreciate it. Squeaky wheel gets the grease, I suppose. Solid charger.
0Comment|112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 21, 2011
The description for this item says "Includes USB to 30-pin cable, USB port and international power plugs". That is NOT true. It comes with only 1 power plug - a standard US plug. Additionally, I've never seen on Samsung's website or here on Amazon a way to buy additional power plugs for this device.

So this is a standard, non-travel charger. It works fine in that role. But it is NOT a travel charger.
77 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 15, 2013
The picture shows an original Samsung charger. When this charger, purchased from CW Sales through Amazon, arrived the first thing I noticed was the word Samsung was printed on a slant....a dead giveaway that you're probably looking at a counterfeit. On further examination there are numerous physical differences between the charger purchased direct from Samsung and this probable knockoff. Don't want to take a chance, returning it.
review image review image
on October 21, 2011
The connector on the Galaxy side of the cable was bent. After some needle nose plier work, it is functional but I have to check it every time to make sure it is actually charging. If not, I have to wiggle it.

So, good product but short on QC control.
on January 19, 2011
Pros: It works with the Tab great and it is OEM.
Cons: It is large and it doesn't' work with anything else.
Recommended: Absolutely

If you use your Tab a lot then you need a second one of these. One for home, one for work or on-the-go kind of a deal. It works great (naturally) and it is the same that comes with the Tab.
However, this -could- definitely have been somewhat smaller. It is just a 5v/2.1 amp usb wall charger, and imo to justify the "travel" title, a smaller size would be nice.

Also, just a note for those of you that use other devices that also need 2.1 amps to charge (like the iPad for example), this will not work. Although it provides the necessary amperage and voltage, somehow the devices can tell their chargers apart, so - if you travel with both (for you and spouse for example), you will need to carry two chargers.

What i would prefer for this (or the iPad equivalent) would be something like a Griffin (for example) PowerDuo equivalent, with TWO usb plugs, BOTH 2.1 amp rated, that can charge ANY two devices at the same time. As of right now there is no such thing.
22 comments|52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2013
I plugged this in and within about an hour I smelt something burning. I felt the charger and it was on fire, I pulled it out of the wall and it started sparking. I felt the socket and it was fine, but the charger itself was burning up. I'm returning this.
on December 15, 2011
It appears to be an original Samsung product, but it is a bulk product rather than a retail product as pictured. You would get a warranty statement with a retail product. You get a plastic baggy with this one.
on February 8, 2011
The charging cord is short (only about 1 meter / 3ft), the brick is bulky and the plug tines don't fold in for easy travel or storage. Also, strangely the plug tines are removable like with Apple's power bricks which would be cool if Samsung or somebody sold an power cord (like Apple does for it's bricks), but they don't. So all-in-all, calling this a "travel adapter" is kind of silly. Maybe Samsung doesn't allow their engineers to actually travel, so they don't know how to design something you actually want to travel with...

For the record, from what I have seen the gTab requires a 2amp power source, and that has to be specially wired or the gTab won't go into full charging mode. So this seems to be the only full 2amp wall plug option available right now. The Galaxy Tab is an awesome device, but I hope someone else starts making accessories for it because most of Samsung's offering are lame.
(Feb 2011)
33 comments|51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse