Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Voyage Holiday Music in CDs & Vinyl Outdoors Gift Guide on Tikes

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon October 5, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A color laser printer is basically the only type of printer I haven't owned before. Although with an extensive IT background, I have most definitely used them. Laser, inkjet, dot-matrix, etc. You name it, I've used it. While the current price does seem like quite a bit, that's relatively cheap in comparison to what color laser printers used to cost. So let's see how this Samsung model works out.

If you've ever opened up a printer box before, you won't find anything shocking here. You've basically got your typical box-shaped laser printer with a 100 pieces of tape and packing material to keep everything secure. It's compact for a color laser printer, but on-par with most laser printers. Even if you're an expert at this stuff it still pays to skim over the quick-start guide to make sure you don't forget any packing material.

There is a power cable, RJ-11 phone cable, power cable, warranty stuff, setup instructions, etc. The 4 toner cartridges are pre-installed, but are easy enough to swap out.

As with most high-end printers you can connect it to your physical LAN, wireless, of USB of course. I normally go with the cable but decided to give wireless a try with this printer. To start you will need to connect the USB cable and pop-in the CD. I normally skip the CD and download the drivers, but Samsung's site was going extremely slow. Not to mention, the website for drivers is at least a couple years out of date. Good luck finding what you need!

Fortunately, as long as you have the CD, the software will install and make sure it's up-to-date for you. I went through the basic wireless setup instructions and in about 5 minutes, I was ready to go. The software isn't the most user-friendly out there, but it's should be simple enough for most folks trying to get basic functionality out of it.

The printer has the standard controls to perform basic tasks such as print, fax, scan & copy. There is a disappointingly old-school monochrome LCD on the front panel. It's on the small side and not all that easy to read unless you have enough light, and get up close. The menu allows you to do everything needed from basic to advanced setup.

But I should warn those wanting to jump in there; this will totally confuse a novice user. This menu system layout has been around for decades and is about as good as it gets for this type of display. Fortunately the basic controls and setup can be done from the software and you shouldn't need to ever dig into the menu. But for advanced setup, such as setting a static-IP, the on-board controls are the only way to do this.

As mentioned before, the printer itself is very basic and straightforward. The rear has the standard ports for phone, network, and power. The front panel will give you easy access to the 4 toner cartridges. Which is good, because based on the specs, a heavy print user is going to swap them out quite a bit.

And while on the topic, I always strongly suggest looking at the prices for replacement toner/ink on any printer you are going to buy. Especially laser printers. These things get expensive real quick. Don't forget, they only include half-filled (or so) toner out of the box.

The paper tray is at the bottom and will protrude a few inches once you add standard sized paper. From the picture, you might assume it stays in there all the way. It does not. I thought it was broken at first. There is a plastic cover so it doesn't look bad or anything.

I also have this sitting next to a 4 year lexmark B&W laser printer and the layout is very similar. The way it scans and prints is pretty common these days. Except I think Lexmark's control layout is a bit easier for somebody to figure out what everything does without having to stare at the buttons for too long.

We can't forget the most important part of a printer. I've already printed several colorful pictures and they look great; even on plain paper. The image is crisp, detailed, and colorful. The printer speed is faster than most inkjets and is more than enough for my uses. I copied a few other items in color with expected results.

I also tested out the wireless mobile printer using my Samsung Galaxy S2 and it worked great. Just install the Samsung Mobile Printer app from the Play Store and off you go. It automatically found my wireless printer and I was printing all kinds of pointless stuff in no time. While I can't think of many situations where I need to do this, most friends are impressed nonetheless.

I wasn't able to test the fax portion since it's the year 2012 and I haven't had a land-line or need to fax something in a very, very long time. But these things haven't changed a whole lot, so I suspect it will work just fine.

+ Great print quality
+ Compact design
+ Easy toner swap
+ Separate toner cartridges
+ Mobile printing
+ Wi-Fi, LAN, & USB
+ Simple controls for basic tasks

- Expensive toner
- Not the most user-friendly setup
- Paper tray sticks out a bit
- Ancient monochrome display
- Complicated process for advanced setup/config

As a technician, I often have to stand back and try to look at a product as an "average user" is going to. I think for most folks who follows the setup guide, uses the wizard on the CD, and doesn't try to get too crazy, it will work just fine. I do wish it had the nice color touch screens that most modern inkjets have and the toner wasn't so expensive.

But then again, this is a relatively inexpensive home & small office color laser printer. That puts this in a completely different league. So once you take everything into consideration, I think you have a pretty decent and above-average product here and would recommend it to those in the market for such a printer.

*** WINDOWS 8 UPDATE 5/16/2013 ***

I just wanted to add a quick update regarding the Samsung Windows 8 app that was released somewhat recently. Basically if you have Windows 8, there is a Samsung app that will install via the market, after you've loaded the drivers, which allows you to control the printer remotely. From here it's very easy to print, check ink levels, status, or more importantly, scan in documents.

I mention this because since this was released, I pretty much never have to mess with the outdated controls on the printer itself. Otherwise the printer is still working great and even still on the original ink cartridges.
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 27, 2012
In the box:
The Printer, toner cartridges, power and USB Cabled. Quick Start Guide and Software installation CD.

Basic Specs:
Multi Function, Does copying, printing and faxing.
Manual Duplexing (dual sides printing)
Print Speed 19 pages per minute black, 4ppm Color.
Wifi, USB2 or 802.11 b/g/n Wirless connectivity.
Dimensions 16" width 14.3" Depth and 13.1" height.
Black Ink Toner 1,500 pages. Color Tonor 1,000 pages.
150 Sheet Paper Capacity
Copy Resolution 1200x1200 dpi
Scans at 600x600dpi or up to 4800x4800 dpi in enhanced resolution mode.
2 Line LCD Display.
Weight 30.8 lbs.

* Small foot print, will not dominate your desk, smaller than most inkjet printers and lasers.
* Simple control layout, very easy to setup and use.
* All in one laser printer does not require PC to make copies, fax, or print photo's from a USB Drive.
* Cheaper to replace toner vs your average inkjet printer.
* Feeder tray on top of the printer makes it easy to use varied sizes of papers, from normal letter, to legal, to envelopes or photos.
* Built in network for ethernet connection, Wifi, or normal USB2 connection to your PC.

* The lower paper tray has a relatively small capacity. It stay compact unless you need to put letter size paper or larger paper. It can be a little difficult to reconfigure the lower paper tray size.
* Includes "starter" toner cartridges which have roughly half the print capacity as the normal cartridges, should have been full size.
* Relatively slow printing in relation to your average laser or inkjet printer, but not bad overall. It's rated at 19ppm Black and white, and 4ppm color. I've found it to actually be a little slower than that, so not great for high volume printing use.
* No Auto Duplexer for dual sided printing. It must be done manually. This will not be a problem for most people, but for those who need to do large volumes of dual sided printing, this printer is not for you.
* Only supports USB drives and not SD cards or other media.

The printer was easy to unbox and setup. I connected it to my wifi network without a hitch. Doing a copy is quick and easy, and I can choose color or black and white to save valuable toner. The print quality is very nice but nothing extraordinary. The print speed could be better, and the lack of a built in duplexer will further slow down print jobs if you need dual sided printing. The built in fax is easy to use as doing a basic copy, you need an available phone jack to plug into. I love the compact size of the printer which makes it easy to use in right quarters. It becomes a little less compact if you do need to use larger paper such as stars letter and the lower paper tray is a bit fiddly. Overall those it's a nice printer, though a bit pricey for what you get comparing it to other models that will also print faster and have auto duplexers. For it's high price, average print quality, somewhat slower than average print speed, lack of an auto duplexer for dual sided printing, and starter toner cartridges.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 22, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I really like laser printers compared to inkjet, because of the appearance and durability of the printed product. I especially like that you can use a highlighter on laser printed documents without the ink smudging or running. Try that with an inkjet. My affinity for laser printers usually comes up against the high cost of color laser printers and the lack of Laser all-in-ones on the market. Before getting this Samsung all-in-one, we used to have a black-and-white laser printer and a separate color inkjet all-in-one. That combination took up way too much desk space and was a lot to maintain. It also required a decision each time versus printing to color inkjet or gray laser. A hard choice on some projects. With this offering from Samsung, you don't have to make those trade-offs.

This, CLX-3305FW, is fast (for the size and price), prints well, and has a very compact footprint. After a couple weeks of use now, only thing that I don't like about it is the short life of the toner cartridges, especially the ridiculous 'starter' cartridges that came in the box. You should price out the cost of replacement cartridges when you consider this printer's price, because you'll be replacing them soon after it arrives.

Other than the short life of the cartridges, I like everything about this system. It is extremely compact for a laser printer, especially for a color all-in-one. Getting it set-up was fast and easy, and each of its functions work very well. I had no problems hard-wiring it into my Linksys router and getting it installed on all our Windows 7 machines. It scans, prints, faxes, and copies very well. It isn't super fast, but is fine for home use. The image quality both on prints and copies is better than I expected and as good as any other printer out there. My opinion is that they are all pretty perfect at this point. I haven't seen a functioning printer that didn't make wonderful prints in the last three years or so.

I really like the compact size, which is perfect for home use. If you know what you are getting into with toner cost (over $100 per 1000 sheets), and the numbers work for you, then I recommend this system. It is very easy to use and does a great job.
on April 10, 2013
I purchased this printer to replace a ink jet printer that recently died. I was tired of constantly buying ink to only have the cartridge either dry up or print poorly. I have used a color laser at work for a while and decided to give the lower end machines a try. I setup the printer easy enough. The instructions were clear and the software install went well. I used a fixed IP address as i have about six different people using this printer. I have had trouble in the past with dynamic IP allocation for a printer and many users. Seems like once I fixed the address everyone's laptop, tablet, etc... would always find the printer effortlessly. The dynamic method was always a PIA and causing my users (kids and wife) to reboot their machines to find where the printer was today.

Anyway used it for about two months and then got a nasty error message on the front display. The machine would reboot and repeat this process over and over. MEM_ALLOC error and a code would flash past the screen. Then reboot again. A power cycle would not fix it. I called into Samsung service and actually talked to a fairly helpful fellow. Yeah i was surprised as well. Samsung recommended I send it back to them. I was not keen about being without a printer for some weeks. I went back to my store (I purchased it locally) and they exchanged it even though I had surpassed their 30 day return policy. What was strange is that the morning I planned to return the faulty machine I plugged it in to verify the error was still occurring. The printer booted up just fine! I still took it back along with a picture I took showing the LCD screen with the error code.

So now it's going on two weeks since I replaced the printer. This one appears to be working just fine other than a paper jam when the kids over fill the tray. Hopefully this machine keep ticking. Time will tell.

.ps The prints looked fine and the toner after two months of fairly heavy use still showed about 35% remaining. Not sure I will use factory toner in this machine as there seems to be third party suppliers for this machine now.

Update: I have owned this a few months now. A big mistake. Jams all the time and toner is only lasting about 350 pages per color. Toner is expensive as well. You can not use third party toner unless you purchase the chips that tell the machine that the toner is full. A real POS. Wireless printing is nice but that is common any more.
on June 6, 2013
I've had the printer for about a week and as a MFP it is OK.

I think as a printer it works well and does what is expected of it.

As a scanner it is missing a feature that my $80 canon MFP had and that is the ability to do duplex scanning. This is not a hardware issue, bur rather software. After scanning the canon would tell you to flip the pages over and place them back in the scanner. It would then scan the second side of the page and place the pages in proper order. This can be done manually, but who wants to re-arrange a large scanned document.

The unit is rated as being Energy Star Efficient and I have an issue with this. I have the unit connected to a phone line for outbound faxing only. It is configured not to answer any incoming calls. What is happening every time the phone rings the printer goes into a warm-up mode, this isn't energy efficient and I would think it will also decrease the life expectancy of the unit.
VINE VOICEon February 3, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have downgraded my rating after 24 months of use. I have found the printer to be a good backup (I use it for large jobs and if I have problems with my ink jet printer). Issues that have surfaced over time include 1) ink cartridges are pricey, 2) recent problems with black and white (tends to print in a faded shade of black), and 3) the waste toner container needed replacement after only 33% of quoted use. My original review follows:

I have been a user of color laser printers for years at work. This is the first time I have had one for home use. I have been very happy home user of HP inkjet printers for over a decade and have two in my home.

I have been using the Samsung CLX-3305FW color printer as a secondary printer since I received it. This printer will be more expensive to operate than my ink jets so I plan to use it only for higher end jobs (downloads of brochures and white papers, printing on letterhead, and/or copies that are not prone to ink smudges when highlighting). I am very happy with what I have experienced thus far. Its controls are very well designed and easy to use. It runs much quieter and faster than the inkjet and the copy quality is great, in both B&W and color. Colors, as advertized, are great.

Also, as a plus for me, two-sided copying is much easier, `cleaner,' and superior to what I have had to endure with my ink-jets. In the past, when needing 2-sided copies, I have opted for Kinkos. This task can now be performed at home.

I found the Samsung CLX-3305FW color printer easy to set up out of the box. It took less than 30 minutes to set up and print my first copies. I have had some problems with the WiFi connection but these are not related to the CLX printer but, rather, to my router.

The unit's footprint is small, requiring only 1.6 square feet of desk top space. I have mine on the top of a dresser in an unused bedroom. It is lightweight weighing in at just under 31 pounds.

The CLX-3305FW Color Laser Printer uses the following toner and consumables:
* Black: CLT-K406S - Average page yield of 1,500 standard*** pages.
* Cyan: CLT-C406S - Average page yield of 1,000 standard*** pages.
* Magenta: CLT-M406S - Average page yield of 1,000 standard*** pages.
* Yellow: CLT-Y406S - Average page yield of 1,000 standard*** pages.
* Imaging Unit: CLT-R406 - Average of 16,000 black & white pages, or 4,000 color pages.
* Waste Toner Bottle: CLT-W406 - Average of 7,000 black & white pages, or 1,750 color pages.

The CLX-3305FW Multifunction Printer is backed by a one-year warranty.
What I like most about this printer:
* Laser quality prints
* Speed and very quiet
* Multi-use
* Small footprint
* Graphic on my computer showing cartridge levels
* Easy replacement of toner (separate toner cartridges)
* Wi-Fi, LAN, & USB

This is an exceptional printer for those seeking an affordable laser printer to use at home or for a small business.
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2012
Print quality
The print quality seemed sharp and articulate --for printing text. The photographs, however, seemed less bright and less articulate. I'm not sure if it is the nature of a laser printer or if it is this one in particular.

The light color of this printer makes it blend in more readily in my office, so it feels much smaller and takes up less visual space. It is also very compact - so much so that when you have letter sized paper in it, the bottom drawer doesn't close. The bottom drawer for the paper also seems flimsy with a closing latch that needs to be pushed and moved at the same time. I would guess this would be quite awkward for some hands.

General Mac issues:
I had some difficulty with the one step set up for wireless printing. While I was able to link it up to my router as the one step suggested, it would not then accept print requests from my computer, so it may very well have been connected, but not to any good end.

I've gone through a number of printers that promised to be wireless with my MacBook without finding a reliable one yet. One of them lets me sometimes send print files to FAX and that takes me to the right place.

Expensive color toners:
The color toners are a huge issue for me. Opening up the toner compartment and pulling these out, my first thought was, "Hmmm, those are going to cost." These are not your everyday ink cartridges. LOL! You can tell just by the solid construction of them. The magenta, yellow, and cyan say that they are each good for approximately 1000 pages at 5% coverage - pretty average. These are the inks:
Samsung Electronics CLT-C406S Toner, Cyan, $50-$80.
Samsung Electronics CLT-M406S Toner, Magenta +$50.
Samsung Electronics CLT-Y406S Toner, Yellow+$50.

Samsung CLT-K409S Toner 1.5K Yield for CLP-315, CLP-315W, CLX-3175FN - Black +$50 for 1,500 pages. That's 3 packs of paper. My math says that makes it about $22 for every ream -- for black and white only!

It is also an issue for me that each of these toners comes from a different seller, some of which I have heard of.

There was a time when we used to throw out printers because it was more expensive to get new inks then it was to get a new printer. I haven't seen that happen in awhile, but replacing these inks are more than half of the cost of the printer. I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use this printer in a home office. The first major project given to this printer was to print out wedding programs on cardstock. I needed an all-in-one that mainly does heavy small home office duties, but also can provide high quality prints.

## Assembly and Setup:

The assembly was pretty straight forward as the diagrams provided were easy to follow. As with most modern printers, it's more difficult undoing all the packing tape than it is to plug the printer into the wall. The cartridges were pre-installed. The software setup was a bit of a pain. I had to go online to find the correct printer drivers. This took some time to navigate, download, and install the correct driver, compounding this time consumption was that I had to install the drive three more times on my various other PCs and laptops at home.

## Aesthetics, Ergonomics:

The unit has a compact design. I had a short square-shaped bookshelf that I had used
for my last all-in-one, and this fit perfectly in its place. The unit is a bit taller than my last
all-in-one, but mostly importantly, it was not wider or longer. One feature that is poorly
designed is the paper tray. The tray sticks out on the front side of the printer and is an

## Performance:

The initial duty given to this printer was to produce 130 color copies of a wedding program on cardstock. The cardstock had no issues feeding through the printer's tray. The print
quality was fantastic. I could not tell the quality difference between this unit versus prints performed by professional units. Needless to say, I was very satisfied with the output.

One minor issue that came up was the printer generates quite a bit of heat when printing 100+ continuous pages. The heat affected the ink on the paper and at times had issues with minor smearing. After the wedding programs, I also printed various other documents through the basic print, scanning, and copying functions. This unit was really easy to use, and given that the outputs were only black and white, the quality was on par with many other home office all-in-one units. I was disappointed with the "Eco" setting. This was a preset that minimizes the use of black ink for any of the print or copy features. However, the print quality was suboptimal, and rendered this feature useless, as the output resembled a printer that was running out of ink toner (faded ink in the center of the page). I'm sure there is a way to set the advanced settings to customize the "Eco" feature, but if this is the case, why would the default be so useless? Finally, on a similar note, the advanced features on this printer are very extensive. Although I use the default settings for my initial tasks and projects, you can get lost in the menus and submenus customizing every feature of print quality, paper size, etc. If you have time to customize and review every submenu to optimize your printing requirements, then this should not be an issue, but I imagine, most people buy these units because they need to print/copy/scan/fax as soon as possible and as a replacement for their prior broken units, and therefore have no time to use all these advanced features.

- Super easy basic printing, scanning, copying tasks
- Reasonably easy setup, plug and play
- Fantastic print quality
- Reasonably efficient use of space
- Mobile, Wi-Fi, LAN, USB connections

- Complex advanced print features and setup
- Expensive toner
- Paper tray sticks out
- Useless "Eco" print feature
on July 4, 2013
Samsung Electronics CLX-3305FW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

As soon as I received printer and turned it on. It gave me following error:

I found on instruction manual that they provide 24X7 service. - I said excellent.

I called them and customer representative asked all questions and then at the end she said please call another number because for business printer, we have different contact number. Now I have to call another number and provide all information again. I called another number they provided and guess what they are closed on holiday. :(

Based on my first experience, I will not buy this printer or for that matter any printer from Samsung. I will update my experience with customer service and final review again.

This printer I bought from Walmart but it is still brand new Samsung CLX-3305FW product.
on June 3, 2013

I changed up from CLX3175FW to CLX3305FW. Both nice little printers. Imagine my surprise when the new printer refused to print when the color toner cartridges ran out of ink. I still had plenty of black left. Next. Previously, for the CLX3175, I could buy a 3-pack of the color cartridges for $112. Now I can only buy each color cartridge separately and the total comes to $166. Worse, each single color cartridge has a different delivery date. Not a single one of my May 30, 2013 order has been delivered and it is now June 3. That’s 5 days without a printer and I am really annoyed and frustrated. What to do? Well, maybe if enough people read this and contribute their opinions, maybe Amazon will try to get us a better deal on the cost of the cartridges and, above all, a speedier delivery.