5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set Up
Published 20 months ago by EP

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor UI mars product
The print quality is just fine.

However...

Published 5 months ago by scf

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set Up, January 5, 2013
EP (Athens, Georgia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Electronics CLX-6260FW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax (Office Product)
I did a lot of research comparing specs and cost-per-page before deciding on this printer. My short list included Brother, Lexmark, and this printer and I am happy with my decision. Features including 512MB RAM standard made this the best value in the $600-$700 price range. You can control the fax and scan from your computer and the printer has automatic duplexing, an automatic document feeder, and scanning or printing up to legal size.

The print quality of both b&w and color is excellent, faxing and scanning both work very well. Wi-fi set up was very easy and maintains connection flawlessly (not so with my previous b&w laser). Overall size of the printer is tall but footprint is not too bad - and it replaced a b&w laser and a color inkjet so I ended up saving counter space. I haven't had to replace toner yet but access to the toner cartridges is straightforward. The only thing that bugs me just a bit is the touch panel sometimes is unresponsive and I have to press an icon twice to get it to register. This doesn't happen every time though.

Overall this is a great value for a very high quality all-in-one printer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect but.., March 9, 2014
The printer works perfectly. It prints and scans very fast, and the quality is exceptional. There are only two remarks that make this product not 5 stars:

1) there is no a quick "scan to" button. I was used with my old all-in-one to have a nice "scan-to" button where in two steps (one pressing this button, one more to select the destination). You can only use the LCD for this.

2) scanning to your network computer is not so straighforward. Specifically, you need to click
a) power-wake-up
b) scan to
c) network pc
d) next
e) user
f) wait a few seconds until it connects to the user
g) select destination
h) start.

My old all-in-one printed had only "two steps" to scan to my PC.

A similar problem is with the other scan options. Somehow you always need to click "next", which in my opinion is superfluous.

Given that one of the reasons for switching to this (more expensive) printed was to speed up my scans, I am not completely satisfied by this long procedure to perform routine, and relatively standard, scans.

Despite this, the double page printing and scanning, and the very high printing/scanning speed make this printer still a very good choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor UI mars product, April 9, 2014
The print quality is just fine.

However...

The Basic Copy function can only print from Tray 1, the built-in 250 page tray. Tray 1 is the only tray that can hold envelopes. So if one adds the optional tray to this unit, there is no way to configure the unit to copy from the optional tray. The "Custom Copy" function seems to default to Tray 1, 2-up, with no way to change the default, so that's still a pain.

MP tray: The MP tray is very tightly fitted to the enclosure, so that the width guides have to be set to the widest setting (8.5"). So if you want to use the MP tray to print envelopes or other stock not 8.5" wide, you'll be adjusting the guides a lot.

Mac integration: On every other printer I've used, if I set the paper type in the Page Setup or Print dialog, the printer either adjusts the image to fit the paper or asks for the correct paper. This unit just prints an error page telling me that the correct paper is not available, wasting a sheet of paper and annoying the user.

No where is any of this indicated in online product features or or limitations.

Definitely the last Samsung printer I buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars very nice printer, March 23, 2013
THe first one came with a bad transfer ribbon, but Amazon sent another and picked up the first one at the house - no charge! GReat service with prime!
great features and speed with outstanding clarity and nice iphone app!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Printer/Copier, April 30, 2013
I bought this machine because I am transitioning into retirement and soon will not have access to all the machinery available to me in my office. So far I have found this machine to be all I need even though I have not yet figured out how to make it work wirelessly and it is almost comically noisy when in operation. Still the print quality is excellent and copy quality comparatively superb for a laser printer, especially color printing and copying. I don't have a lot of experience with purchasing and using printer/copy machines, but I am quite satisfied with this one, despite the fact that it is quite a bit larger than anything else I have ever used in my home. Nevertheless, for all the things it does and the quality of its output, I believe it is a very good machine.

1.0 out of 5 stars No good without precise explanations and instructions!, April 29, 2013
I too did extensive research of color laser multi-function printers. This one won that battle, but lost the war.
In my business I must print detailed topographical maps. The first attempt I made had a blurred Legend in the bottom right corner. The next attempt blurred all the Forest Service red road signs into ink eating red blotches that took up about 25% of the total page coverage. Totally unusable and an embarrassment to my business.
The Samsung contracted repairman was excellent. After several hours over a two day period we both came to the conclusion that the CLX-6260FW was "possibly" a good machine, but without clear/precise explanations and instructions of the proper settings for the color topos we were wasting our time and money (cost of color inks).
Today, broke my back. When an Abstract company was waiting for me to send them a survey on Legal size paper I could not Reduce it to Letter size to be scanned with other letter size title commitments. I spent over an hour on one of these "chat" sessions with a guy who held himself out to be a Support Expert. He and his Supervisor told me to do things based upon Samsung's manuals that couldn't be done because when they said push the "Menu" button and then the "Setting" button, I asked where they were on the unit's Display screen and neither they nor I could find them!
Simply put I bought a 747 and nobody knows how to instruct me to fly it. Unusable product without a User's Manual written by a real User that requires more than idiot "Default" settings. Default settings as stated above in my case were "defective" settings.
Bye bye, Samsung! Samsung Electronics CLX-6260FW Wireless Color Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

2.0 out of 5 stars I'VE OWNED TWO OF THEM, SO LISTEN UP!, August 28, 2014
Bottom line up front: 1st Printer - had burning smell and toner puffed a huge cloud. Samsung would not fix; 2nd Printer - Ink smears and does a horrible job printing photos.

Samsung warranty is funny - make sure wherever you buy your printer that they are an AUTHORIZED distributor. If you buy on Amazon.com, make sure Amazon.com is the vendor and not an joeblow or paidnotaxeslol userid. Samsung will have you send the receipt and say well who knows if it was new or not and void your warranty.

I've never had an issue with Samsung up until their printers but will say this, people love ANY device they own up until an issue arises. THEN that's where you put companies to the test. Samsung get's an F with their customer service. If you just need something to print black and white I haven't had too many problems there hence that extra star.

1.0 out of 5 stars 2 strikes - 1 printer had wifi issues & 1 printer slowed to 7-8ppm vs. the 25ppm advertised rate., November 28, 2013
Had ordered two (2) of these printers, whereby both were defective.

One printer had an issue whereby I could not connect wirelessly -- despite many repeated attempts of every conceivable nature (i.e. WPS, manual IP, dynamic IP, etc.)

The second printer had slowed to a crawl after printing 100+ pages continuously. Worse, the toner would bleed, streak, smear all over the page. The color image rendering would be polygonish and hopelessly unfixable.

Now, I will try one last time, as I have invested in high-duty toner cartridges (which are where printer companies make their profits). Should the third unit prove problematic, I will go with an Oki-data printer (used universally by auto dealerships given the high volume of paper they generate and produce).

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Grade, April 6, 2013
K. Fifield (Cleveland, Ohio) - See all my reviews
The first printer arrived damaged, a hole in the box, parts loose inside, a big white crease on the document feeder. Amazon IMMEDIATELY shipped a replacement for the next day delivery without asking a question, and it has performed flawlessly.

It has a very rubust feel and sound to it. There isn't anything it can't do, pretty much. Installs easy. The menus are very intuitive and it is easy to setup and use without reading anything (who has time for that?). The quality of the printing is the best I have ever seen in a machine of this price range. Print speed is very good, and I don't feel it will have any issue with large print jobs - it can take an entire package of paper in the main feeder.

Good buy and may well do again soon.

1.0 out of 5 stars Scanner locked, March 23, 2013
I took it out of the box, plugged it all in and it made a horrible knocking noise. The display says that the scanner is locked. Found no switch to unlock the scanner. Called Samsung, they have no idea and recommended getting it serviced. I'm returning it.

Prints nicely but takes a little to time to start tho. Prints too slow.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›