Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Black Friday egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 May The Best Garden Be Yours Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on May 6, 2012
Using this RAM with a Sandy Bridge i7 2600K.

Initially installed one 8GB kit (2 x 4GB sticks). Overclocked to 2133MHz 10-10-10-28 1T completely stable at 1.45V DRAM.

I then added 2 more sticks a week later for the total of 16 gigs and 4 sticks, which made overclocking stability unsurprisingly more difficult to manage. I can do stable 2133 11-11-11-28 at 1.55V DRAM, but trying to go down to CAS latency 10 requires going to 1.6V+ DRAM. I have it *almost* stable (at least passes a few runs of Prime 95, but not 7 instances of MemTest from within Windows 7) at 10-11-11-28 2133MHz at 1.615V DRAM, but don't really want to go beyond that, as I undervolt (and overclock) my i7-2600K, and my VCORE offset is at -0.15V. By the way, raising VCORE and raising VTT (VCCIO) did not seem to make the RAM more stable. My default VTT was 1.076V, and I increased it to 1.104V, and if anything, I got more errors increasing it, though I have read that it helps with RAM overclock stability for some systems.

I can run all 4 sticks stable at 1866MHz 9-9-9-24 1T @ 1.45V DRAM.

Conclusion: very good RAM, no faults so far. Big bonus is that it's such low profile that if you have a heatsink with a fan that sticks out over one of the RAM slots (and I do with my ASRock Extreme 4 motherboard), you can still fill all 4 slots with RAM sticks easily!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2012
Bought this on sale when it was $39.99 for a kit.

The amount of money you're going to save on power due to low voltage memory is minimal.

However, if you're an enthusiast and want tighter timings or faster speeds, this is the memory kit to get.

Computer set-ups:
#1 - i7 2700K @ 5.0GHz with ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 4x4GB 8-9-9-24-1T with 1.5V's at 1866MHz
#2 - i7 2600K @ 4.8GHz with ASUS P8Z68-V Pro 4x4GB 10-10-10-28-1T with 1.55V's at 2133MHz

My computers are pretty much near identical systems, stable at Prime95 blend tests. Custom watercooling for my CPU's and graphics cards.

You really don't need high overclock memory speeds on Sandy Bridge systems unless you have high CPU overclocks (memory scaling is mostly beneficial with higher CPU speeds). At any rate, definitely some improvement in benchmarks. I've heard some people get 7-7-7-24-1T with 1.5V's at 1600MHz, and I could see that, or at least 7-8-8-24-1T.

Results will vary from system to system with different overclocks, but the basics in SandyBridge memory is don't have RAM Voltage over 1.55V's, and if you're filling all your memory slots, raise your VCCIO voltage for stability, and your CPU Vcore.
on November 17, 2012
these are rated 5 stars here and 5 stars on Newegg for a reason (and probably everywhere else). they're rock-solid and are an excellent choice regardless if you're building a silent HPTC or an insane overclocked gaming PC. i won't go into detail about my OC experience, but i've got 2x4GB running 2200MHz @ 1.45v w/o any problems. true, they don't have those wild-looking heatsinks, but that also means they fit under a lot more CPU coolers. if you need RAM, stop looking - just buy these.

the only CON i see is that they don't come in 8GB sticks.
on December 22, 2012
Every generation of RAM, there's a hidden gem amongst the RAM marketed towards low end computers. DDR had Samsung TCCD chips hidden in their cheap RAM that would manage DDR-400 at 2-2-2-2. DDR2 had D9GMH chips coming in reasonably priced Crucial Ballistix kits, amongst others, doing DDR-800 at CAS4 with no problems.

DDR3 has these Samsung YK0 chips now. Well, at least the ones I received had YK0 chips. Personally, I haven't had the time to really push these chips to their limits, but I think with 4X4GB DDR3-1866 CL9-9-9-27 @ 1.35V with no tweaking out of the box was really impressive for these chips.

I'd buy it again. I wonder if 8GB DIMMs are available...
on October 7, 2012
on October 18, 2012
at 1.35v it posted and booted right away. I also didn't have to remove my hyper 212 evo fan which blocks one of the slots, these are about half the size of normal DIMMs. These overclock as well as advertised. I have them running stable at stock voltage, 1866mhz with timings 9-9-9-24 1T
on November 21, 2012
I had approximately the same outcome with overclocking as Milo reported, so no surprises there. You just have to see this stuff in action to believe it. In my ASUS Z77 system it's running at 1866MHz, 9-9-9-24-1 and 1.4V. It can go faster, but this seems like a good compromise of speed and heat (only barely warm).

My primary purpose in buying this though was size. It's the only memory that will fit under a humongous air cooler like the Arctic Cooling i30 model with its 120mm fan. The memory PCB only reaches the top of the socket! The speed and power benefits were just icing on the cake.

Interestingly, in the two separate 2x4GB packages Amazon sent, there were consecutive serial numbers -- one in each package. Even so, the serials spanned only 23h over the two packages, so there was no problem at all in populating 4 slots and having them play nice together.

Samsung has a real winner here. At its very reasonable price, there's little reason to buy memory with those stupid ugly and huge heat spreaders on them any longer.

Highly Recommended
on July 24, 2013
This RAM is known among many of the computer community as being truly legendary. Its success lies in the fact while the initial stats may seem overwhelming, almost all people are able to overclock and push a stunningly high overclock out of this RAM if they're even just equipped with basic knowledge on RAM.

Why is it legendary? There are many reasons; extremely high frequency and low latency is generally easily achieved without much effort, it runs at a far lower voltage than any other RAM on the market whilst being hugely capable, it could easily match RAM that cost hundreds more and a small form factor with no fancy heatsink all for a normal price for 16GB of RAM at $99 (whilst in production). You get a far more capable product than the description would indicate if you desire it so! I haven't heard of any overclock gained that wasn't decent at minimum with this RAM.

I'd absolutely recommend it if access can be gained to the true product, since Samsung has sadly ceased manufacturing this RAM sadly and widespread availability has been killed off. Let's pray for something even better in the future from them!
on January 4, 2013
First and foremost, this stuff is minuscule.
Secondly, it is fast. It's definitely as fast as it says on the box and if one is familiar with memory overclocking then in my experience these DIMMs respond favorable to such pursuits.

It's RAM, so generally the only cons it could get is if it were so large as to interfere with large heat sinks or failure to reach advertised clock speeds and timings. We find none of these things here.

The only thing that could make them better is 8GB sticks. It's not like there isn't room on the board...
on November 28, 2012
Rarely does anybody ever need to overclock their ram. Its probably imperceptible to everybody who isn't benchmarking. Where overclocking ram does come in handy is when you are building a pc with an amd apu, and this ram does it well. Samsung has great fabs, and this product shows it. Also, no heat spreaders which for some people is a turnoff. I don't really care for them. These ram dimms stay cool enough for normal overclocks. Why add cost when its not necessary? I highly recommend.