Samsung Electronics SL-M2825DW Wireless Monochrome Printer
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Built-In Network Connectivity
- Print Directly from Your Smartphone or Tablet
- Works with Multiple Paper Types and Weights
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Printer Xpress SL-M2825DW/XAC
At a Glance:
- Print speeds of up to 29 pages per minute.
- 128MB of internal memory.
- 4,000 x 600 dpi printing for sharp text and clear images.
- Wireless connectivity lets you print directly from mobile devices.
- Built-in double-sided printing.
- One-Touch ECO mode for efficient toner and paper usage.
Samsung Printer Xpress SL-M2825DW/XAC
The Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW lets you enjoy fast and efficient printing without compromising on quality. It can print complex documents at up to 29 pages per minute without sacrificing processing speed, which means you can get your work done faster. ReCP technology renders sharp text and clear images on a range of media sizes and weights for detailed, smooth, high-quality images. The Samsung Mobile Print App lets you print documents directly from your mobile devices, while the Samsung Easy Print Manager software lets you control all your device settings from one location. And with built-in double sided printing, a one-touch ECO button, and the Samsung Separated Toner System, the Printer Xpress offers a variety of cost-saving features for economical printing.
What's in the Box:
- Toner Cartridge
- Imaging Unit
- Power Cable
- Manual User's Guide
- Driver CD (Driver, EUG, Application)
- Quick Installation Guide
- Warranty Card
- Product Registration Card
- Service Card
- USB Cable
- Tel Line Cord
Print Complex Documents at High Speeds
No matter how demanding your printing needs, the Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW provides high-speed performance. It can print even complex documents at speeds of up to 29 pages per minute and features 128MB of internal memory for letter-size documents.
Brilliant Text and Image Quality
The Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW uses Samsung unique Rendering Engine for Clean Page (ReCP) technology to produce sharp text and clear images on a range of media sizes and weights. Offering prints up to 4,000 x 600 dpi, this printer delivers smooth, high-quality images.
Wireless Connectivity for Mobile Devices
Easily print from your mobile device using the Samsung Mobile Print App available for iPhone, iPad, Android, and Windows Phone devices. Print images, PDFs, and the full suite of Microsoft Office documents directly from your smartphone or tablet over your wireless network.
Built-In Double-Sided Printing
With duplex printing built in, the Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW makes it easy to print on both sides of the page. Double-sided printing helps you cut down on paper waste, save on paper costs, and reduce stored document size in the printer.
Print on a Wide Range of Media
The Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW is designed to help meet all your printing needs. This printer can handle a range of media up to 58-pound stock, including paper, labels, cards, envelopes, and transparencies. It features a convenient multipurpose tray to let you select the paper or media type you need.
One-Touch ECO Button Helps Reduce Waste
A one-touch ECO button offers easy-to-use N-up as well as duplex printing, so you can print multiple document pages on a single sheet and skip wasteful blank pages. The printer's toner save mode lets you reduce toner use and helps you bring costs down even more.
Cost-Efficient Separated Toner System
The Samsung Printer Xpress M2825DW features the Samsung Separated Toner System, which supplies the toner cartridge and imaging unit separately. You only need to buy the toner cartridge when it's empty, reducing the cost per page and overall cost of running the printer.
Top Customer Reviews
Excellent home or home office laser printer, I highly recommend it.
(1) A fairly attractive look
(2) 24x7 Live On-Line Chat tech support, including ability to REMOTELY CONNECT to your computer if you wish
(3) Extensive phone tech support hours including weekends (in addition to 24x7 live online chat), including ability to REMOTELY CONNECT to your computer if you wish. M-F 8A-12A, Sat-Sun 8A-11P.
(4) Output at "High Quality" setting appears superb for most uses like resumes and manual printouts, often the most demanding consumer use
(5) Ethernet, USB, and Wireless connection options, with capability of using Ethernet and Wireless simultaneously
(6) Fairly small and light, well-placed side hand holds
(7) Comes with full sized toner cartridge (1200 pages)
(8) It prints fairly quietly and is silent when not printing
(9) Inexpensive enough to get as a second printer just for text or drafts
(10) Vastly faster and much sharper high-quality setting text than with inkjet printers
(11) Print cost is a fraction of that of inkjet printers (on average a little over 2 cents per page).
(1) Not as high horizontal resolution (dpi) as some higher-end laser printers, though you might have a lot of trouble telling the difference
(2) No color in return for the lower cost, lighter weight, and smaller size
(3) Shutdown should be a one tap and walk away affair, I'd like to see both a standby button and a shutdown button with both clearly labeled as such
(4) Technical support has usually been great for me both live chat and phone support.Read more ›
Contrary to one review, the wireless installation went seamlessly on my network and three computers using the limited instructions that came in the box. There is a pdf manual available on the included CD that I have not reviewed.
For someone like me that prints the majority of documents in B&W I'm expecting to break even in a year based in ink savings.
The bottom line that made the difference on choosing the Samsung is that it comes with a regular sized cartridge versus a starter cartridge for the Brother. I estimate this is worth at least $25.
1) It is impossible to reset device if you cannot remember the password to the SyncThru web service. Without the password you cannot change any system settings.
2) Privacy. Samsung wants to monitor everything you do on this printer and send that information overseas. The following text is from the "Internet Connection Usage Agreement".
Samsung software may log user interactions and use your IP address and internet connection to transmit data for software updates, troubleshooting problems and to provide improved customer support. The data transmitted to Samsung shall be used in an anonymous and/or aggregate form and may be transferred to a Samsung entity located overseas.
As a note: I have a Brother wireless all-in-one that functions flawlessly with both my laptop (Windows 8) and my desktop (Windows 7.) Never an issue with it with either PC.
This Samsung model (M25DW/XAC) will connect to my PC's and then lose connectivity; it simply will not print anything after one test page and turns itself offline on the PC's. I have unstalled/reinstalled the software three times to no avail. Troubleshooting indicates that this is a know problem (to Samsung) and the fix (VERY complicated IP/DCHP (?), etc.) doesn't change a thing.
Bottom line: The wireless function does not work.
I have made a return request, which I expect to be honored as the product doesn't work.
I'll look into a Brother wireless laser. Sorry Samsung, you lost me on this one.
If you're on a Mac without a CD/DVD reader then you'll need to go here: [...]
This link will let you download a wireless configuration tool needed to setup the printer.
If you want to setup with USB go here and download the driver [...]
It feels robust and was fairly painless to install once I knew what pieces to download. My only recommendation to Samsung would be to include drivers either by USB drive or something similar.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am not a man who loves printers. If you ever worked a help desk or did IT in the 90s and early 2000s, you know what I'm talking about. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Tim Beck
Was really great wifi printer, lasted 18 months then wouldn't turn on ever again. I probably printed less than 1 few hundred pages never even made through one ink cartridge.Published 1 month ago by Queen fLee
The use of the printer will require one to agree to the internet usage agreement which will allow Samsung access to the computer and will record the public IP. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Peter Gnanapragasam
Great, fast printer. Has outlasted 2 from other brands I use for color printing, very impressed with Samsungs productsPublished 2 months ago by goldrushparts
The printer lasted 1 year and 6 months from purchase. Avoid purchasing this product and don't expect any help or support from Samsung once the one year warranty is out.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Without doubt the flakiest printer I've ever bought. Almost certainly due to the wifi method of connection. When it deigns to connect to the wifi network it might print. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Richard Moore
dont like this model as well - it has a separate imaging unit - other models are better for our business (have 3 of these and dozens of other samsung models that work great)Published 5 months ago by JJT
Worked well for 10 months.I expect a printer used only for home use last longer than that. I thought there was a 1 yr warranty from date of purchase, when I actually looked into... Read morePublished 7 months ago by A. Daley