5.0 out of 5 stars Good Phone
Published on April 21, 2011 by GI Jeffro

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!
Published on June 9, 2011 by Jan45

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!, June 9, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Evergreen worked fine for about 3 months, then it began powering on and off randomly. In the last two months I have been given three replacement phones, two new batteries, a new SIM card, and a new charger, and the phone still powers on and off at least twice a day. No one at AT&T support seems to know why this happens. In addition, the sound quality during phonecalls is poor. Support says it is because I have poor reception at my home, but I never had reception problems until I got this phone. I can't wait to trade it for something that WORKS.

3.0 out of 5 stars Jekyll and Hyde, June 28, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My wife loves this phone when it works. It's great for texting, QWERTY, etc. It would get 5 stars except...

The problem is that it randomly powers off. Like others have said, the phone worked fine for a few months, and then started having this problem. In the middle of texting - text gone. At other times and you don't even know it's off. Other reviewers here (and all over the web) are having the same problem. ATT has tried swapping chargers and batteries and SIM cards to no avail. My wife is on her fourth phone and is still having the problem - and each time she contacts ATT she has to repeat the entire litany of scripted questions.

Anyhow - buyer beware. There doesn't seem to be a fix at this point - just live with it or try a different model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Phone, April 21, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I don't normally rate a product five stars unless I consider it perfect. Because it previously received an unjustified two star rating, I bumped it up a star to balance it out. I own this phone, and I like it so far. It's very easy to use. I have no problem reading the time or date. I disabled the photo preview screen to speed up photo taking, that was easy enough. Photos come out ok if there's enough light in the room. In a dim room the quality really suffers, but so does any camera without a flash. The video camera is fair, it's fun to use to take short videos and email to people, or to use for MMS. I wouldn't use it as my primary camcorder but it's fine for videos that you want to send to people. I thought that the keypad integrated into the QWERTY was pretty cool. The silent button is the "#" button, it has a phone icon on it that looks like it's vibrating. Hold that button down and it switches to silent mode, very easy and self explanatory. Like someone else said, hit the down button to get to your contacts. Every non-smart phone that I've ever owned has been that way right out of the box.

The good: The phone is light, but not what I would consider cheap feeling. Has a somewhat universal micro-usb connector for charging. Accepts up to a 16GB micro SD card. QWERTY keyboard that's great for texting. Programmable "Go To" menu for shortcuts to your most used items. Accepts stereo Bluetooth headphones for listening to music which I thought was pretty cool. I haven't bought any yet but I plan to.

The not-so-good: There's a button right beside the camera button that I thought should be for zooming. It turns out it's a multi-task button. It's kind of cool to have a multi-task button, but the placement directly beside the camera button is very strange to me. I would have liked for there to have been a simple on-off option for the web browser and other data plan using applications. I don't have a data plan, don't want a data plan, and I'm paranoid that I'm going to fat finger something and end up getting charged for data used. The covers for the micro SD and micro USB ports are kind of cheap feeling. The one over the micro USB port is used all of the time for charging, and I'm worried that it's going to get worn out and break off eventually. The speaker sounds tinny, but it works well enough for speaker phone. I'm not planning on listening to music through it anyways.

I don't use the web browser or any other data using applications other than MMS. In my opinion, if you are looking to actually use this phone for that, you should probably pony up for a smart-phone with a data plan. I was already paying for a data plan for my wife's phone, and we share it for data when we're out and about. I didn't want to pay for two data plans anymore. This phone was perfect for my situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE!, November 22, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I wouldn't recommend this phone to my worst enemy. It randomly turns off. This is particularly inconvenient if you have the alarm set, you are waiting for a call or text, or you dial the phone and are waiting for someone to answer your call and you realize it has turned itself off! AT&T will not work with you and told me that no one else is having this problem. Wrong! I even called Samsung, and they won't help me either. I am stuck with this horrible, defective junk until my contract runs out. I will not re-sign with AT&T, that's for sure!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY!!, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This phone powers on and off randomly, during calls, during texts, etc. It's not reliable. I just called ATT where I bought the phone, and they said all of their customers who bought this phone have had the same problem.

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone (potentially) but the A667 is JUNK!, October 15, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Same problems others have had. I exchanged for new A667 and still have same problems. Sent question to Samsung Tech dept 2 months ago. Still waiting for answer. Posted an honest review of this phone on Samsung website and my review was rejected because, "it does not meet our standards". I guess if they make junk and you give an honest review about it being junk, it "does not meet (their) standards". I have several Samsung products but if this is the type of customer service one can expect from them, I have purchased my LAST Samsung product!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too many bugs!, June 13, 2011
Elsfaire (Marietta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I had a Samsung A707 flip phone for 3 years, and loved it except for how long it took to type with a phone keypad. When shopping for a new phone, I saw the Samsung Evergreen and thought it would be just as good, and have a full QWERTY keyboard to make texting easier. I will admit that I was also slightly influenced by it being a supposedly more "green" phone. This phone does not meet what I have come to expect from Samsung quality.

I have had this phone for a month and 3 days, and I can't stand it. It takes a lot of keystrokes to unlock the keypad, I can't always answer incoming calls because the button response is not predictable, and the screen saver is set so short that if I look away from the phone for a second, the screen goes black and I have to punch 3 buttons to get it to come back up. Also, notices of missed calls and texts will continue to reappear even after exiting the notice, making me think I have additional texts or missed calls. The available cases are garbage, too. They hardly protect anything at all, and trap all kinds of dirt and dust between the case and the phone. That is probably the case with all slider phones, though.

The biggest problem, however, is that the phone randomly powers off. This is my only phone, and where people would call me if my children need me. Having my phone off for hours at a time without my even knowing is a PROBLEM.

Too bad I dawdled just a little too long to exchange this phone for another one. Now I'm locked in to a contract with a stinky phone. :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst phone I've ever had, February 11, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The phone powers on and off by itself, loses reception randomly, and has terrible sound quality. All I wanted in a free phone was one I could make phone calls on...that's not a lot to ask for. Samsung made both of my last two phones and they are both awful. Their customer service is terrible as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Phone Ever!, February 7, 2012
E. Gonzalez (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My husband and I upgraded our phones to this one in 10/2011. We both have the same issues, random shut offs, texts not going through, calling people and them not being able to hear you. We now fall under the warranty replacement with At&T. So it's great, they send us the same crap phone and the joy of having the same issues start all over again. The latest thing is Software Update, the At&T warranty department initialized that, okay, my phone keeps telling me that update cannot complete. I wouldn't give this phone to my worst enemy.

Tried contacted Samsung, they say contact At&T. At&T doesn't care, sends us a replacement under warranty repair, we are on our 2nd phone each. Nice I've been with the same cell phone company since 1992, through all the name changes, never wavered. This is how they treat me?

You would think since there are so many unhappy customers out there with this phone they would make it right huh?

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible phone, August 5, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
keeps powering off and cant seem to read the sim card a lot of the time wouldnt recommend this to anyone

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xd82ca8e8)

Samsung Evergreen A667 Phone (AT&T)
Click for more info
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.