5.0 out of 5 stars Great Windows Smart Phone
We are seniors and needed a new phone, looking to upgrade our older Samsung phones. While we were a little afraid of a smartphone, this Flash and its Mango OS seemed to be what we wanted, but still more than we needed. Well, were we surprised. It is a great phone and while we will not use some of the advanced features, it is just fine for us. We also did not have to...
Published on December 2, 2011 by Brewster

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent OS, Buggy Hardware, Low Memory
For the sake of brevity, considering the dozens of reviews that I had to read to make a purchasing decision, I will state my key points in bullet format. Pardon the lack of prose. Lest there be any confusion, I love the Windows Mango Operating System interface, and this phone delivers it decently well.

Pros:
- Windows OS (cannot be under-estimated...I...
Published on January 18, 2012 by Nom de Guerre

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean, Easy, and FUN, January 7, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Focus Flash 4G Windows Phone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Most people are stuck on Android and iPhones, I myself was stuck on Androids. After many troubles with my Motorola I said enough I want to try something that is simple, easy, and clean. Microsoft has just that. Their UI is clean and very functional, their Market is smaller that the other two, but still the quality of apps are great, and believe it or not, it is a large market. This phone has surpassed ALL of my expectations. If you want something different, look no further and get the Windows Phone 7!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone, January 6, 2012
I accidentally press the Bing search button every now and again. Other than that, I have absolutely no serious complaints about this phone. Every time I show it to somebody, they usually say something like "Oh, wow. This is actually a lot nicer than I expected." And it is. Cheap, simple, and it just breaks into (non-broken) pieces whenever I drop it, which is nice.

3.0 out of 5 stars It Works OK, With Issues, January 21, 2012
I'm just gonna make it short and not to repeat what others have said about this phone.

Mine came pre-activated by AT&T and does NOT have an owner's manual. It has a quickstart guide but it's useless. The box was opened probably to include the sim card so I don't know if they took it out or if it didn't have one.

I signed the contract with AT&T on 12/27/2011. I received the bill in the mail about a week later and it's due 1/17/2012. I then went to an AT&T store to inquire and their response was, paraphrased; "We want to get our money first." That's almost the same as prepaid phone if others out there thinking about signing up with AT&T. When I had T-Mobile, they didn't send me the bill until after my 30 days billing period. Then I'll have at least another 14 days to pay.

The call history does NOT have duration AFTER you hanged up. All it has is time, date, incoming or outgoing, and missed call. My old flip phone Motorola v188 has more features than that.

The phone is kinda buggy on rare occasions and not very responsive to touch screen.

Sometimes when I get a call, the touch slider works but when I press "Answer", it's non-responsive and I get a missed call.

Every night, I turned off the Location and Data feature before I plug to charge. One morning, I noticed both were on and there were only 2 messages in my hotmail box. Without doing anything, the rest of my messages came back over a day later.

Keypad is small and I'm constantly pressing the wrong key with average male hands. It almost require a pen stylus to get it right the first time. You might consider the Focus S if that's an issue.
It's 1 penny versus $19.99 still as of today.

When I'm on the internet and about ten percent of the time the page freezes when it's about ninety percent done. If I hold it close to the bottom corners with my thumb and index finger and raise the phone up a little higher, it sometimes help to load the rest of the page. Other times I have to press Refresh.

There is no way to log off hotmail. I don't use POP or IMAP mail because I don't feel it's secured. I don't do any banking or other things that require submitting personal information because as fas as I know, it doesn't have a firewall or antivirus.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good...., May 19, 2012
I wanted a Windows phone, but needed to keep the price down. Reviews on the site here were helpful and I decided to take a chance on the Focus Flash. My biggest concern had to do with whether or not this was actually a new phone, as opposed to a refurbished one.... given the price. The site states the phones are in "new condition", and I wasn't 100% sure what that meant....but glad to report it is a new phone. The bonus pack from Amazon wireless included a car charger, so that was nice. I'm not a techie and other reviews address technical issues; I can say the phone is fast, intuitive, and the email interface is sleek. I've had it about a week.....will update later if my review rating changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, January 23, 2012
I first wanted the Samsung Focus S but when I saw the price difference for just few inches of screen I finally took the Focus S.
And I'm far from being disappointed ! It's an awesome phone, the build quality is excellent, the screen is sharp and the contrast is great (real deep blacks here).
I absolutely love the OS too, Mango is both elegant and efficient at the same time. Great job Samsung !

1.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating glitch- freezes up frequently., March 30, 2012
As with a couple other reviewers, I have noticed a most annoying thing that happens when trying to navigate my phone or use it in any number of ways. I really don't use the Internet that often and I don't have many games or other apps either, I am a minimalist only buying this for the ability to take credit cards at markets. Windows os does not yet have any app that allows for a card scanner, by the way - something I specifically checked out before buying it, however was misinformed by the salesman. But back to the freezing complaint, I make sure that I delete threads and close out extra windows so that that is not the problem. It still happens, sometimes more than once a day. I did not buy insurance, however, so the store will not help me beyond telling me they can get me the same model, new phone which would be even worse. I would likely have the same problem and also need to purchase a new screen cover. Very frustrating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone for the price, December 23, 2011
I bought this as a developer phone but ended up using it as my main phone. After a long wait, I was planning on buying the iPhone 4S to replace my iPhone 3G.
I got hooked to this phone and didn't want to buy an iPhone. Windows Phone 7 OS is full of features, very socially integrated and easy to use. The interface is not boring like the iOS 5.
The phone itself has a high dense screen. Amoled has deep darks and very bright colors. The size of the phone is just perfect. Fits in your hands easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget the iPhone - get this instead!, March 1, 2012
SF Guru (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
Summary: Fantastic phone - period.

Windows phone critics don't know what they're talking about. The Windows Mango OS on this phone is perfectly fine, quick, qnd usable.

Pros:
* Small form factor (same as iphone but thinner and half the weight). No way did I want a bigger phone [I don't carry a purse(!) or watch movies on my phone]
* Durable!! I carry my phone in my back pocket [front pocket would nuke sensitive areas] and sitting on it is routine. The Focus Flash has solid construction and Gorilla glass!
* Excellent phone voice quality. This is a key phone feature for me.
* Text to voice and back again! The first time the phone read a text to me out loud in my car I freaked (in a good way), but now I can't iamgine anything else. Voice to text is very handy and about 80% accurate.
* Built in FM tuner! I can ditch my separate Sansa Fuze (also an excellent product, by the way).
* Handles all my multiple email accounts, all the apps I need and web browsing. I reach for this device first before my Blackberry Bold or laptop because it's so simple to use.
* Easily synchs music and videos using Zune.
* Predictive typing is excellent.
* Location and mapping is good, but directions for getting somewhere could benefit from improvement.
* Etc, etc, etc - the list goes on.

Cons (minor):
* Bing? What for? A separate button for this useless feature?
* The phone occasionally freezes up after receiving a text message. This is a pain in the rear and almost warrants downgrading the overall rating to 4 stars, but it happens infrequently and the phone is awesome otherwise. A simple solution for others that may experience the same problem - hold down power button until phone shuts off then turn the phone back on.

Overall highly recommended and great bang for the buck!

4.0 out of 5 stars It was great at first, July 9, 2014
Ive had this phone for over a year. It was great at first, but..
Im really bored of it and a tad annoyed.
The screen is so hard to clean, no matter how clean your hands are it always finds a way to get all gross and when you try to rub it or clean it (even on your jeans or shirt) it takes forever. And once you clean it, it gets gross again.
This phone is great if all you want to do is talk, text, and email.
It runs off of internet explorer and bing, and you can't get apps that android and apple users can get, like as instagram, and facebook. You can update your status and link your contacts with facebook, but that's IT.
And the ones you can, you have to pay for. Most apps that you can get free are games like tetris
I regret getting this phone, but at the same time im glad i have it. Just one of those things where you like it but you hate it.
It gets the job done, and great for its price, but sometimes its not always the best thing to do.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disapointed, May 28, 2013
When I first got my phone I was pleased, easy to use and responded quickly to my request. After having it about 4 months it no longer stays charged. cut itsself on and off, and I can only perform one tack at a time before it cuts off. and the final hit is it will not sync if you do not have 4G and full bars forget it. I would not recommend this phone to anyone. It was the biggest mistake I have every made when it came to getting a phone.