5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone ever
Published on May 23, 2012 by raphael11cr

2.0 out of 5 stars My smartphone is retarded
Published 12 months ago by Lady Kikyo

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone ever, May 23, 2012
This review is from: Samsung GT-S5690L Galaxy Xcover Unlocked Quad-Band 3G GSM Phone with Android OS, 3.15MP Camera, Wi-Fi and GPS - US Warranty - Black/Orange (Wireless Phone Accessory)
The Samsung Galaxy Xcover is the best phone so far, is not the faster and in features we cant compare it with the iphone or the Samsung Galaxy Note or the S2, S3, BUT, you can drop these phone, use it in the beach, at the pool, ride in a bike under the rain and nothing bad will happen, Actually these is the second xcover that I buy, for my wife, no more fear in let it drop.

Tip, buy an extra battery with external charger, with that you will love it.

2.0 out of 5 stars My smartphone is retarded, August 6, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy Xcover sucks! It was really good the first couple of months then the problems began. Shuts off on its own. Freezes up. Get the data and service blocked icons and then nothing works! The phones memory is very small, cant download some stuff cause the phone memory is full and I had to get a 16G card, but some stuff has to go to phone. Eats contacts from my list, constantly re-adding contacts. Wont keep ringtone, always resetting that too. Battery not that great either. Mind you, the problem is not with this seller, its a manufacturers problem. I have taken my phone to my cell carrier and they said Samsung is recalling the Galaxy Y's and most likely the Xcover too.
So, the phone is awful. IT IS NOT THIS SELLERS FAULT. Samsung should be ashamed of selling these phones to anyone. I cant tell you what your phone will do, but mine and also my daughters phones are lemons. The only thing I can do now is let my local carrier send it back to the manufacturer and wait for a month or more before I got it back.
Please think before you decide to buy this make and model, yes mine worked fine a couple of months, but been a hassle after that. Samsung has good phones..just not this phone.
Hope this review is helpful, I wish I had of looked around and looked at other reviews before I bought mine. Reminder, the seller on here is NOT the problem, they may not even know. Purchase this with caution.
Does not have any language but English.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money. Not a reliable seller!, September 16, 2013
I absolutely do not recommend buying this cell phone, especially not from this seller. I bought this phone because i easily break things and I am very clumsy. I've seen Samsung test this phone in person at an event at the place that I work at and it was very impressive. You could do anything you wanted, but it was unbreakable. So I bought the Samsung Xcover and hoped it would last forever... However ii only lasted 1 month! Even less than any of my other phones... I dropped it in water, which shouldn't be a problem at all for this phone. And Yes, the back was locked! However, now its not working anymore. When I called Samsung they were very helpful and willing to do something about it. Unfortunately they didnt have the IMEI number in there system. They told me that it means the product is not from the US. Which is weird because it says US Warranty in the product description. So I contacted the seller. After several emails they told me it is non of their business and I should contact Samsung directly. I didn't receive any further emails from the seller after I told them Samsung asked me to contact the Seller. Now I find myself in a s***ty Situation where noone feels responsible to replace my broken 220 Dollar phone!

4.0 out of 5 stars A phone for the outdoors, March 22, 2013
this phone was made for an outdoors person. it can take a drop, and can handle getting wet. i didnt submerge it but it was my pocket and i was soaked. I would buy another.

3.0 out of 5 stars It serves my needs, June 19, 2014
It turned out to an "international" model, whatever that means. There are several apps that are worthless to me but can't be deleted.

1.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy xcover cell phone, May 27, 2014
I paid alot more for it last year when I bought it and I feel I got ripped off.
This phone was so hard to turn on and my finger tip is still tingly to the touch and the phone vibrated all the time.
I couldnt even get it to stop vibrating even when I took the battery out it was freaky.
I went to get another phone and the guy said my battery should not be able to spin around on a flat surface and mine did
Of course....I just felt like throwing it in the river i still might....

4.0 out of 5 stars Excelent, February 9, 2013
The battery is no for long standby.
All the cell funtions are perfects.
I recomend buy whit a scratch protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, June 30, 2014
the battery is not original samsung

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice phone.., May 29, 2012
Ruby Ramos (LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, US) - See all my reviews
When I first received my phone I noticed it was the wrong color. I had ordered black/orange and when I opened the box it was titanium grey and the picture on the box was orange/black. I contacted seller and they were suprised that it was the wrong color how could that be.. Well, after five emails they determined that this phone accually does not come in orange/black and they offered me a $20.00 refund for the difference. The color is not me, but it has Wi-Fi comes in handy since I do not have a plan, I am pay as you go. I wanted to get a cover but cannot find one for this model, its a little heavy but that's ok. I was suprised that Amazon still offering the phone in orange/black. I was planning on returning it, and get a phone with a color that I liked, but I like the phone this is my first touch screen and it grew on me.

1.0 out of 5 stars IP67 Certified, Really??, November 5, 2012
They say that is completely dust proof and can withstand 30 minutes under water as long as it's less than 1 meter deep, well I call that BS, I tested mine and it got damaged on a bucket of water for 10 minutes.

Rate and Discover Movies