5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden gem

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller, SurgeTelecom, switched models and sent bogus phone
Published 10 months ago by Traveler2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Hidden gem, January 27, 2013
Foglifter (Bay Area, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini GT-i8190 factory Unlocked International Verison BLUE (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This is a truly unlocked international phone, the UI can be set to any language from the long list. It's sad and understandable why Samsung won't sell it in US as it is twice as cheaper than its big brother Galaxy S III. The screen is gorgeous, the phone is very fast and responsive. The size of this baby is perfect for both men and women, unless one prefers all those "bricks" with huge screens. I love this phone!

1.0 out of 5 stars Seller, SurgeTelecom, switched models and sent bogus phone, November 9, 2013
Traveler2014 (Santa Monica, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
I researched this product and looked forward to receiving it. I even paid a fee for fast delivery. However, the seller, SurgeTelecom, sent the same model number but with an "L" at the end of the model number. The "L" means the telephone is configured for Latin America and it is NOT the telephone I ordered. I tried to use the phone in the U.S. but its speed never went over EDGE or H because the phone is not configured for the U.S.

Even though the phone I received has the same model number as this phone EXCEPT FOR THE "L" AT THE END, the "L" model phone is quite different. As I wrote, it is configured for Latin America. The box the telephone came in showed that the phone was manufactured in Vietnam and most of the writing on the box is in Spanish. Worse, however, is the fact that the phone with the "L" requires a mini SIM card while this model requires a standard SIM. That makes a huge difference.

I will be ordering again and hopefully, a different seller will not substitute my order with a phone that is configured for a totally different geographic area.

A friend has this phone (the one I ordered, but not the wrong one I received from the seller, SurgeTelecom. The phone is great and is perfect for my needs.

UPDATE -

I returned the wrong phone that I received (discussed above). I then ordered a replacement phone and, INCREDIBLY, I received another phone with the "L" after the model number and the wrong size SIM card. This makes two separate times I received the wrong phone within one month. Be careful when ordering. Even though the model number you receive is correct, if the model number has an "L" after it, the phone will not work properly in the U.S.

Doesn't anyone bother to check items before they are shipped?

5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S III mini, August 5, 2013
I've heard a lot of back and forth reviews on this. I love this phone. I live in the U.S. and i have consumer cellular as my phone provider. I bought this phone, stuck my sim card in it, and had no trouble at all setting it up. All i had to do was go through initial set up steps like language settings (it was in English (ireland) and i changed it to english (united states)). Connected to our WIFI and the WIFI at my work without any problems...this phone amazes me with what it can do in a phone that's not overly bulky. My brother got one of these as well and i set it up exactly like mine without a single problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and neat.., February 11, 2013
Samsung did it again great product. This phone is about the same size as the iphone 5, but i like it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!!, March 12, 2013
el envio llego a tiempo el producto en perfecto estado , nuevo!!!... es totalmente desbloqueado , sirve perfectamente para movistar en venezuela

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent smartphone, optimal size, April 16, 2013
DIEGO CIRONE (MIAMI, FLORIDA United States) - See all my reviews
I love this smartphone, it has the optimal size, not too big as the SIII and not small as others smartphones.
The dual core CPU gives the correct performance and speed to this phone.
I must really say that I'm impressed with the touchscreen, sensitive and smooth.

I bought the International version, sold by Amazon due I read some "1star" comments of different buyers; like users received an used phone, with logos of AT&T or others. This one, sold by Amazon is almost USD 40 more expensive but you'll receive what you want. A new phone, unused, without logos.
The only thing I need to mention is when you turn on at first time, the Languge is in Hungarian (or something like that), I used google traductor to change it to Spanish, the one I need. So this is not a big matter, but I need to mention it.

Until now, I am 100% satisfied with this phone. Hope this satisfaction last for a few years.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great affordable alternative to the SIII, March 18, 2013
J. L. Pang "JLP" (Fort Myers, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This phone fits very well on the palm of your hand. It runs so fast that you may think it is a quad core phone. Battery is good not great. You do not need a micro-SIM for this phone. The camera could be better but it takes good pictures considering it is a budget phone. If you want to purchase an unlocked phone that will not break your bank, this is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why doesn't everyone buy this?, May 18, 2013
I am so confused why this phone is not more popular. I had a normal Samsung SIII which I promptly lost due to its ginormous size (can't fit in any damn pockets). This little guy fits so nice in my tiny lady pockets and honestly I can barely notice a difference in processing prowess. Don't forget it takes a full size sim card unlike the SIII normal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, March 20, 2013
Good gadget hope more improvements are in the works. Easy to use. Very user friendly. Im very satisfied with it

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT IN VENEZUELA, January 28, 2014
IT'S ALL YOU GUYS HAVE TO KNOW, WITH ANY OPERATOR (DIGITEL, MOVILNET, MOVISTAR)
ESTO TODO LO QUE NECESITAN SABER, CON CUALQUIER OPERADORA.

Rate and Discover Movies