Published 9 months ago by Daisy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Resolution & Sound, Not enough Ram or memory
I bought this tablet because the Rep told me I could link with my pc. I tried to streama movie online from my computer but it does not flow. I thought it was the internet speed in the store but its the new samsung tablet.
Published 9 months ago by BigGaryAlan

5.0 out of 5 stars This Tab Pro 10.1 is amazingly fast, with super vivid screen and I rate it at 4.5 stars, a detailed review follows..., February 14, 2014
UPDATED REVIEW 11/13/14 - Since February, 2014, I have been using this Pro and am very impressed with it for several reasons. Keep in mind that this is a high end tablet meant for one who wants a very high screen resolution and has excellent specs on a WiFi only tablet. The performance I found peppy, the screen is just amazing in clarity and readability! Kit Kat is great but soon Lollipop OS is coming soon to this device as well as to Tab 4 line, Tab S line, S4, S5 and more. Nexus and Moto G and Moto X are already receiving the OTA (Over the Air) update. Before you receive the OS Lollipop, you may receive ONE MORE update to ready the tablet for the update.

First I list the PROS, which are wonderful, however, I give this 4.5 stars because there are some Cons that I want you to consider BEFORE you decide to purchase this or not...

PROS/SPECIAL FEATURES ON THE TAB PRO 10.1:

+ Screen Resolution/Weight/Size etc - The first thing I noticed is that side by side the screen spec are so so much better on this then previous Tab 2 and Tab 3. This model has a resolution of 2560 x 1600 (with 299 PPI-Pixels per inch) vs the older Tab 2 10.1 and Tab 3 10.1 had 800x1280 (with 149 PPI-Pixels per inch). Therefore, this model has DOUBLE the resolution of the older TAB line! Result: It is that much clearer and vivid screen with truly amazing clarity.

+ Speed/Extra Memory - To check out how fast my apps opened and websites etc, I placed my Tab Pro next to my older Tab 2 and my Tab 3 8.0, the Pro was faster to load websites, faster to open apps etc. The memory in the Pro is 2GB of RAM vs the Tab 2 and 3 in the 10.1 the RAM is 1GB (it is 1.5GB on the Tab 3 8.0). So I am finding that this extra memory has made a difference in speed in my opinion.

+ Speed of this unit / Memory etc (and special testing of speed) - This tablet has more memory and is MUCH faster than my other tablets. So I performed a tests today using my: Tab Pro 10.1, Tab 3 8.0 and Tab 2 10.1 (all WiFi only tablets. Results: I found that my Tab Pro 10.1 runs faster than my older Tab 2 10.1 does (with 4.2.2). **To better gauge the speed, I opened the same apps, etc using this tablet, Tab 3 8.0 and Tab 2 10.1 - This one opened apps, webpages and more so much faster than my other tablets!

+ Ability to turn off the apps I did not want (helped my battery life). Did an actual test today to see if this made a difference and it did. After I safely turned off the apps that are safe to turn off, I now have more free memory and my battery life per hour has increased. So I documented this. If you have any questions about this, please ask in the comment section. Just a little tweak like this can really make a difference in battery lasting longer and better control over the memory etc.

+ WiFi Connecting/Speed of WiFi and MORE - This tablet connects very quickly to my home WiFi and has never ever dropped the WIFi signal no matter where I am in my home. WiFi is OK in this device and does work very well, however, it is not as strong of a WiFi signal as SOME my other WiFi devices that I own presently. When I move closer to the router, it shows 4.5 to 5 bars, which is very good to excellent.
*** To test the speed and strength of this WiFi and compare it to my other Android devices, I went to the Playstore and got the free app called WiFi Analyzer. This is a MUST HAVE app for any Android device as it gives you a visual report on the WiFi strength of your tablet, phone etc.
****Do you need to know how to get on the internet when you are out of a WiFi range? Ask me about this as I have written an article on how to do this using a MiFi type of service from different service providers (please ask in the comment section for more info).

+ SPECIAL INFO about INTERNET CONNECTION - Yes, this is a WiFi only, but when you are away from an WiFi internet hotspot location, there are ways to can get onto the internet such as MiFi and there are ways that you can purchase equipment so that you can have data when you do not have a WiFi hotspot available.

+ Internet & Webpage & Video Viewing - The stock browser does a great job, however, I use Maxthon Browser and installed archived flash so I have great internet flash video viewing results and it renders webpages quite fast for me. And I suggest the free app called Pocket from the Playstore so you can read internet articles later offline.

+ EXTERNAL SLOT FOR MICRO SD CARD up to 64GB - This is no real change over the Tab 3 line, but still it is a must for me as I keep my personal files, photos, and music on my internal SD card. Note that this was one of the deciding factors that sold me on this tablet.

+ Camera / Video Camera - The front camera is now 8MP which is much better than then older Tab 2 and Tab 3 lines. And I took pictures inside and outside and they came out very SHARP and VERY CLEAR! So I am impressed with the camera!
And I took some videos inside and outside to test this and they are much clearer and better resolution than on my Tab 2 tablet.

+ Home Videos - The stock video player is OK and plays MOST home videos, however, may I suggest QQ Player (Free App from Playstore and the ONLY one I recommend as it plays every home video I tried).

+ Reading/Creating/Editing Word, Excel, Text Files and much more on this tablet: This comes with a So So Office app (viewer) for reading Office documents, however, I STILL prefer Kingsoft Office which is a free app from Playstore. It is the best I have ever tried and I am very picky about so called Office programs. It is very compatible with MS Office as it reads, edits and creates Office files and reads PDF files, and it has more features of any other Android Office program that I tried. This app is a MUST have for tablet owners in my opinion.

+ Music Player/Sound Quality - Stock player has clear sound through the outside "speakers" and very clear using headphones. To sync easily with Windows Media Player may I suggest the Playstore app free) WinAmp for the tablet as it is very highly rated and the sound is good, but I use a very high quality Bluetooth speaker for great sound! Suggestions: The best way to really enjoy music is through a high quality Bluetooth speaker or Bluetooth headset as the sound quality is superb this way and you can walk about your home listening to your music!

+ Battery Life- Since I have done a few tweaks on this tablet, now I have found that my battery life is better than the first and even the second day. In fact, the battery life now I find that when I use WiFi just when I need it, I now get about 6 to 8 hours with it(this reflects 100 percent brightness however). Still this is better than I received on my older Tab 2, so I am happy.
***Where battery life is concerned: To make your battery last as long as possible is to be sure to turn off BLUETOOTH AND WIFI when you do not need these. Both are these are memory hogs! Also, I turn off my GPS and even SYNC sometimes to conserve battery and then turn them on later.

+ OTG USB Compatible - You can add an optional OTG (On the Go adapter cable to the Micro port for copying files to your flash drive and from your flash drive to the Tab Pro). You can also plug in a mouse, I tried it and it worked. *Note that portable external hard drives and portable DVD/CD drives will not work using OTG in the Tab Pro because these both require a lot of power to be compatible with the Tab Pro and most tablets that have the OTG. However, it is still good to know that you can easily plug in your flash drive and copy files to the Tab Pro and from Tab Pro to PC--what a time-saver. I have written an article on OTG and how to use it, just request this in the comments.

+ Bluetooth Speed and Performance - The Bluetooth keyboard I own (generic OKA) paired quickly with several devices and copied files at a great rate of speed. Speaking of Bluetooth: Also there will be Bluetooth keyboards out for the Tab Pro coming soon. (Just make sure you purchase one for JUST THE TAB Pro 10.1 size).

+ Lighter Weight - This is very light and easy to carry, the weigh is just about the same as iPad Air.

CONS:

- No support for Flash Videos - Adobe does not support flash any longer in any brand of Android tablet these days. This non support is for all Android tablets, not just Samsung tablets. Even if downloaded, the archived Adobe Flash is very outdated for any Android tablet with an OS of 4.2 or higher, it is really just too old and sluggish and difficult to make it work.
I use Playstore apps as YouTube, Netflix, CBS.COM and more and open up the app instead of going to the browser to watch videos that I want to. They play fine in an APP rather than in a Browser.

******* Need a tablet with 3G/Phone and Data that cost less than the Pro? There is the Tab 3 10.1 with 3G and a phone and data in it the P5200 model in white or brown. The P5200 Tab 3 10.1 is 90 dollars less than this Pro and you can make phone calls with it, use your data plan as it accepts an activated GSM Micro Sim card. Having a tablet with phone and data capabilities I have found are great, especially when you cannot find a WiFi hotspot when traveling!

If you have questions about this tablet, I will be happy to answer any questions you may have through the comment section.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tablet, few flaws, February 17, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Tablet (Black) (Personal Computers)
*****EDIT: As promised, I just received my case and it fit perfectly -- it does look like cases for the Galaxy Note 10.1" 2014 Edition (make absolute sure you pick the 2014 Edition, not an earlier model) work precisely the same. The case I got was the MoKo leather case, though there are plenty of options out there.

*****UPDATED EXPERIENCE: I'm a big, big fan after a week of ownership -- particularly the screen and sound, both of which surprised me with their clarity. I did note that a lot of app developers were not ready for the 4.4.2 version, so there's minor tweaking of a number of apps in order to get back to full operation; I expect those problems will be filtered out in the next few weeks at most. One thing I am nervous about is regarding how the screen is going to look in bright light, but most tablets are going to be in good company in that regard.

First, as a background, let me divulge that my background with tablets has primarily been the iPad (3rd Generation), which I absolutely loved. I recently made the switch from an iPhone to the Galaxy S4, and I found the change quite likable, so I awaited a new tablet announcement that met my need. This did that quite a bit, though I'm sure MWC at the end of the month will release quite a few more like-wise tablets.

PERFORMANCE/EXPERIENCE THUS FAR: Fantastic. It works incredibly quick, has smooth transitions, and looks absolutely gorgeous -- I don't know what they did to the screen, but it's a beast. I can't say I cared particularly too much for the Magazine UX (the on-the-top-of-TouchWiz-interface), but that was easily fixable with a launcher (as I did with my S4 as well). Also, the dang tablet is incredibly light.

QUIRKS: I don't understand why, but when you hold down the Home button, it goes to Google Search rather than the multi-task menu (as on the S4). Instead, they did a swap of sorts: the old menu button (to the left of the home button) was replaced by the multitask window, and holding down the Home button will get you Google Search. As to the why, I couldn't possibly fathom.

ONLY CON: Depending on the task and what brightness you're using, the battery can drain pretty quick. I gave the ladyfriend my old iPad, and myself the Tab Pro. It took two and a half hours to drain my battery from 100% to 77% (roughly 9.5-10ish battery life), but in the same time period, her iPad had only gone down to 93% (which I'd usually have two days of heavy usage out of). The Tab Pro *is* a more powerful device, as shown by the battery consumption, but I'd advise toning down the brightness waaaaaay down if, say, you have a long day of traveling ahead of you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Super Resolution., February 13, 2014
I have been a fan of Galaxy Tab series tablets and love the current lineup. I have been buying all new versions and sell off previous generations. The single most fascinating part of the new TabPRO lines is the resolution. Astounding 2560 x 1600 on all lines which means on 8.4" has the maximum ppi and excellent look. In comparison last year's Tabs have much lower resolution.

Let us compare the PRO lines from Samsung. I will compare first the TabPROs briefly, and then give a crisp overview of the popular Tablets in market now. Then I will do in depth into the current tablet itself. I feel this will give a good perspective and enhance your buying decision. I am sure you are looking at multiple tablets to determine which sits you. If you have any questions, do ask in the forum and I will respond within a day.

COMPARISONS GALORE:

key_specs: { model: resolution, ppi, CPU, RAM, Flash memory, SD_card, camera spec, weight, OS_type, size, charging/sync port type, GPS:y/n }

Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4-Inch {B,W}, WQXGA 2560 x 1600, 359 ppi, 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 16/[32] GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 331 gm, Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 8.62 x 5.06 x 0.28 in, microUSB, GPS yes. 4800 mAh battery (best resolution on a tablet!)

Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 298 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 2 GB RAM, 16/[32] GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 469 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.29 in, microUSB, GPS: y, 8,200mAh battery

Wow, a 12.2" tablet now! This is just like a laptop with no physical keyboard built in.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 247 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 3 GB RAM, 32GB/64GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 732 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 11.64 x 8.03 x 0.31 in, microUSB, GPS: y, 9500mAh battery

Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 247 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 3 GB RAM, 32/64 GB Flash, microSD card slot up to 64GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 748 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 11.64 x 8.03 x 0.33 in, microUSB 3.0 port with backwards compatibility with microUSB 2.0, GPS - y, 9500mAh battery, S-Pen, NFC, Ethernet connectivity via adapter.

A broad range of popular tablets as of now are Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"2014 edition, iPAD Air 9.7", Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1", Google Nexus 10" and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". If you are planning to buy TabPRO, do look at the comparison of 3 top features you need. This will enhance your buying decision.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" model: 2560 x 1600, 339 ppi, Snapdragon 800 2.2 GHz quad-core, 2 GB RAM, 16/32/64 Flash Memory, No microSD card, 8MP rear-facing camera, front-facing 720p HD camera, 374 grams, FireOS 3.0, 9.1 x 6.2 x 0.31 inches, microUSB, GPS:no [cellular versions have GPS]

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" 2014 Edition: 2560x1600, 299 ppi, 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 Quad-Core Processor, 3GB RAM, 16/32 GB Flash Memory, microSD slot:yes(upto 64 GB), 8MP rear camera and 2 MP front-facing camera, 560 grams, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31 inches, microUSB, GPS:yes. S-Pen (flagship),

iPAD Air 9.7" (2013): 2048 x 1536 resolution, 264 ppi, A7/M7/64 bit processor, Flash Memory: 16/32/64/128 GB, SD Card:no, 5 MP back, 1.2 MP front, 469 grams, iOS 7, 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.29 in, lightning port, GPS:no [cellular versions have GPS]

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" model: 1280 x 800, 149 ppi, Intel Atom 1.6GHz Z2560 dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, Flash Memory: 16/32GB, microSD slot: yes upto 64 GB, 3.2MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing, 510 grams, Android 4.2.2, 9.57 x 6.93 x 0.31 in, micoUSB port:yes, GPS:yes

Google Nexus 10" model: 2560 x 1600, 300 ppi, CPU: Dual-core A15, 2GB RAM, 16/32 GB, SD:no, rear:5 MP, front:1.9 MP, 603g, 10.4" x 7" x 0.35", mcroUSB, GPS:yes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" model: 1280 x 800, 189 ppi, Exynos 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB RAM, Flash memory: 16/32GB, microSD slot: yes upto 64 GB, 5MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing, 309 grams, Android 4.2, 8.26 x 4.87 x 0.29 in, microUSB port:yes, GPS: yes

You should come up with three top three specs you want and should be able to nail it down with the above spec. If you have doubts shoot me a comment, I can help!

RESOLUTION:

The tablet has a resolution of WQXGA 2560 x 1600, and has a pixel density of 298 ppi. All the TabPROs are same resolution, so we increase in size, the pixel density decreases. The videos were very crisp and text so sharp. The new Magazine UX interface makes the screen really pop. I was able to read magazines very easily. Aldiko and many libraries have teamed up and magazines can be checked out through the app. Resolution will blow you away. Reading magazine and pdf files are easier in 10.1in than 8".

PROCESSING POWER:

Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore),2 GB RAM, Powerful for what it does. I have played games/watched youtube videos and have seen no lag or any latencies. Though the chip is octa core, do bear in mind only 4 cores are active at a time. This is done for minimizing heat.

PRO MEANS?

Tablet is certainly is a productivity tool. The TabPro series has free subscriptions to popular services such as Hulu Plus, Dropbox, Bloomberg Businessweek+, and Cisco WebEx Premium for varying times. It also has Hancom office suite which is an office suite developer in Korea. Hancom Office consists of Hanword, Hancell (Spreadsheet), and Hanshow (Presentation program). Since there is Google office, I don't know if this will be any market in the US and other countries.

STORAGE:

This model is for 16 GB tablets. Samsung does make 32 GB internationally, and will most likely appear in Amazon later. Having the expandable memory to 64 GB is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Well, putting bunch of video/audio/books on the SD card which is so cheap these days, the tablet suddenly has more memory with no lag observed. With prices plummeting for 64 GB cards, it is a great boon. Put all your music, books, photos on the SD card and you have a powerful computer in hand always! I personally use the 64 GB microSD card on my mobile devices. Get this mobileUltra (SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging.

CAMERA:

Having a tablet is a plus on smaller tablets, though I hate the feature on 10 or 12" tablets. I personally don't use cameras as much on 10"+. If you use publicly, it is like having a big magazine in front of you. Imagine the guy in the sports stand using in front of you! The resolution is 8MP Rear + 2MP Front. Video is 1080p 60 fps. Nowadays there is nothing much to say of cameras, they just work for the required purpose.

ERGONOMICS:

I personally like for home uses 8", but for work 10" is good. At 469 gm, the weight is definitely not single hand holdable. Size of this tablet is 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.29 in. The battery is 8200 mAh battery. The best part I liked is the beautiful resolution and is the best resolution on a tablet! HD videos are crisp.

SOUND:

Excellent sound system with stereo speakers and microphone. I was able to ask questions to Google Now and get precise answers.

MISC:

I tested OTG capability and it is great to have a external USB support. USB Host is one of the most undernoticed features of Androids and is in my opinion one of the best features compared to iPad lines. What this means you get a USB Host cable also otherwise called OTG (On the Go) cables and plug in your USB thumb drive or other USB devices and the device recognizes it. I have used it with Alfa AWUS036H for a wireless project with Android PCAP Capture from reputable Kismet wireless.

Having a GPS is great for immediate needs and I could get immediate lock on this tablet. Wi-Fi is 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band. Also has infrared which can be used for WatchON as a TV remote control. Worked straightaway on Samsung TV. This is also great for sharing your tablet with family members, multi user mode lets different users log in separately, so you each see only your own apps, backgrounds, and email.

APP POWER:

I tried following apps and they just worked awesome. A tablet is only as good as the apps you have and how productive it makes you. It's almost like the camera/lens analogy in the DSLR space. What good it is to have a great DSLR body if you have no good lens? Same with Tablet body and apps you have.

WolframAlpha (I can go on for hours praising this. This is a truly genius app powered by hundreds of supercomputers in the background. Wolfram is a computational genius). Well worth the $3 price.

Withings HealthMate. (another remarkable app great UI/UX). I use Pulse and the integration with it as well as Weight machine is very good.

23andMe app (I love their reports)
Aldiko Book Reader Premium (absolutely love it, many libraries have magazines for checkout)
Amazon Mobile
Android Status
Android Central app (great and must have for Android users)
Androidify (kids love it)
Angry Birds (Space/Seasons)
Asphalt Car game
Battery Monitor Widget Pro (a great app)
BeyondPod (use it daily!)
Box
Chrome
CNET TV
Dictionary M-W Premium
NAVIGON (from Garmin - offline maps)
TOM TOM app (has some advantages over NAVIGON)
Google Navigation/Earth/Maps using a portable MiFi box
Google Currents (nice way to read News)
Google Keep/Keyboard/Drive/Search/Books/Voice/Hangouts
Ebay
Flipboard
Linkedin
Google Music (Awesome, I have now upto 10,000 songs halfway through Google's 20K Limit)
Tapatalk HD (awesome forum browsing app)
OverDrive Media Console: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Microsoft One Note (legacy docs, skydrive of 25 GB is good)
Subsonic Music Streamer
Terminal Emulator (still need to use vi, yes this is it)
TweetCaster Pro for Android
Twit.Tv
Skype
RealCalc Plus (Awesome calculator app)
Wolfram Alpha
Zillow
Plenty of Widgets

Ask questions, the reviews cannot do full justice. I will be glad to answer any questions and usually answer within 24 hours to any query.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best tablet I've owned, period., May 8, 2014
Neil Fish (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
There have been enough reviews and comparisons and tech specs posted already, so let me just talk about user experience.
Absolutely the clearest, most accurate color screen I've ever used. I own the Ipad Air (my wife does) and pulling up the same websites or photo, I prefer the Samsung just a bit better. To be fair, she prefers the Ipad, so it just might be personal preference.

As far as the negative comments about the flipboard page, if you don't like it, it's easy to delete it, or customize it and then change your home screen to the screen you want. I own the Samsung Galaxy S3, so I was already extremely familiar with the interface.
The $25 Google Play store credit and the 50gb Dropbox for 2 years was a fantastic bonus. I really have no use for the other 3 month trials and such.

I have over 150 apps installed, and it runs smooth as silk. fast transitions, quick startup, the speed and power is there. Only a few apps are compatible with the multitask function, so it's nice to have, but not always available.

The built-in IR Blaster and the right app turns this beast into the best universal remote control that blasts the Logitech units away. Great feature.

16gb memory is a little tight, but a less-than $40 64gb micro sd card solves that. Most of the Samsung app bloatware can either be uninstalled or disabled.
The Cable Matters (2-Pack) Micro-USB 2.0 On-The-Go (OTG) Adapter allows you to plug in a full-sized USB mouse, keyboard, external hard drive or game controller. Nice accessory to have.

Tablets are a personal thing, and YMMV. For me, at $540 and $125 of perks I would have paid for anyway, the price is great. And I'm enjoying the heck out of this thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Too bad Samsung caved in to Google on this one..., April 4, 2014
M. Phillips "tx.parrothead" (Garland, Texas United States) - See all my reviews
One of the primary reasons I like Samsung tablets is the support for external SD cards, allowing you to store your pictures, music, books, etc. on an easily removable device. For that reason, I was EXTREMELY disappointed to find that Samsung has caved in to Google on the issue of file access on external SD cards. In case you are wondering what I mean, it's this. Beginning with this tablet and the Samsung implementation of Android 4.4 (Kitkat)it uses, your external SD card files can no longer be modified by any app on your tablet/phone, other than the app that "owns" the file. For example, if you use your external SD card to store photos, you can't edit them, crop, delete, etc. KitKat will not allow it. The same applies to music and books. I always used Syncme to keep my books and music on my SD card in sync with my PC wirelessly. Now Kitkat will not allow it. I would say this is annoying, but it is way beyond that. The bad part is, Samsung could have chosen not to implement this behavior, but they did not. Had I known this before my purchase, I probably would have chosen different device with another version of Android. Otherwise it is very nice.

Does anyone have a work around for this non-consumer friendly change?

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Device, but It Wasn't for Me, February 20, 2014
I had this tablet for 10 days, and I really liked it. I had no problems at all. The display was beautiful, the processor fast, the interface user friendly. I own a Kindle Paperwhite, so I had no need to use this as a reader, but video and sound quality were terrific and playing games was a blast with the great touch screen. The leather backing looked classy, not cheap, and it was really light. Having bought the item on something of a whim, though, I spent the next 10 days researching reviews. Ultimately, I realized that the features that make this tablet "PRO" are business apps I will never use and a weight comparable to that of the iPad Air. Since I put the device in a case, anyway, the light weight didn't mean much to me.

Best Buy guaranteed the return of the tablet for any reason, within 15 days. After reading enough of these reviews, I realized that the extra gig of ram and the S pen included with the Note 10.1 2014 Edition were far more valuable to me, personally, than the lighter weight, slimmer appearance, and business apps. Fortunately, the devices are so similar that I didn't have to return my case. It's a matter of personal needs and if you're looking for a tablet to use for professional purposes that require electronic group meetings and presentations, or something super lightweight, this is a GREAT device. If you're wanting something for fun and personal use, I'd recommend the extra gig of ram and S pen that comes with the Note 10.1 2014.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Resolution & Sound, Not enough Ram or memory, February 23, 2014
The Most troublesome thing about this tablet is, it says 2 GB of Ram, when its only 1.4 and with all the bloatware on this tablet it leaves almost no ram space. The 16 GB rom is actually 10gb. So you say you can use your sd card for your apps. Not on kit kat 4.4. Unless you root the tablet you can't do it. Lastly, Because of 4.4 kit kat downloading an archived flash player will only work on one browser: Dolphin. Not on any other. I returned my tablet and bought a Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition 32gb with 3GB of ram. It has 4.3 and it lets you move your apps to sd card plus flash player works on many browsers. The Only drawback for all of these tablets except the 12.2" pro, It only uses 2.0 usb to charge. The 12.2 uses 3.0 which is alot quicker,like the note 3 phone. I hope this is helpful for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't use windex on the back! awesome tablet, February 28, 2014
I wrote a review on Newegg already telling people not to use windex on the back because it causes discoloration if you try to clean it. Otherwise this tablet is simply amazing. I had a lot of use with an iPad air before using this tablet and I have to say this tablet slightly beats out it's apple competitor. I think the screen is more vibrant on this tablet and the text is slightly more crisp thanks to the higher pixel density. If you are in the market for a high end tablet this is the answer to all your needs, unless you can't live without the app store. But the Google store has plenty of apps that look amazing on this tablet. I also picked up a case with a blue tooth keyboard from here which makes it super easy to type documents and reviews such as this one! Now this thing is like a super portable laptop (almost!) I was debating between a tablet and a laptop as I am a pc power user but with this keyboard I am extremely satisfied. I will now be bringing this to class as it is extremely easy to type word documents on here now! Greatest tablet on earth!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Better tablet than the IPad Air, March 25, 2014
Sandy (Brookfield, WI) - See all my reviews
Took back the Ipad Air to Best Buy to get the Samsung Pro 10.1 & I love it. Easy to set up, excellent screen resolution, lighter than the Ipad, so much cheaper than the IPad, easy to manouver all the apps & sync's with my Kindle. Between this tablet & the Kindle 8.9 HDX - there is no comparison & they both beat the IPad. The Ipad is nice, but you are just paying a high price for the NAME. I strongly suggest the Kindle & the PRO. Also, the keyboard so, so easy to use. Like using a regular keyboard with a desktop computer. Highly recommended tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, perfect weight, the android equivalent of the IPAD air, February 13, 2014
I just received this product. It comes in a simple box and has enough juice to start up immediately.

I was waiting for Google to release a new tablet with a basic Android interface as I am a huge fan and user of the Nexus 7. However, in my opinion, the wait is over for all of those who have been on the fence, waiting for Google to announce a new tablet.

This device is, in my opinion, the next Android tablet that beats the others. It is, on initial evaluation, without any current equal.

On start up it immediately goes into settings which take only a minute to complete. I am a Google user, so I entered my account and it downloaded all of my apps that I have installed on my other Google accounts.

I also use a Microsoft exchange e-mail. It installed, downloaded my contacts and calendar.

I am a user of the Nexus 7, and a Samsung Note 3 cell phone. So, I am very familiar and happy with the Android/Samsung environment.

This device is absolutely flawless and present. Great screen, incredible clarity, and the touch screen responds as quickly as the Nexus 7.

The new interface is somewhat different, but I actual like the fact that when I open it, it shows me my calendar, e-mails and the news. It can be changed to include more or less.

I have used the Nexus for almost 6 months, wishing there was a larger device with up to date hardware and software. Well, this device is fast and handles every app and function without a hiccup. It has never hesitated or had a slow response rate. No freezes or any complaints. The touchscreen has an instant response. There is no evidence of any response problem.

I did install the new Hancom and my first impression are good. Microsoft documents opened without a hitch.

I was not able to get the free Bloomberg download to download. Not certain if the server is overwhelmed as it comes from the Samsung site.

It also comes with free inflight GOGO for one year, which I will use... and hulu, which I could live without. Sirius radio for three months if you don't already have a subscription.

The WIFI seems very good. I was able to connect throughout my area without any loss of signal or drops.

The weight and size is almost identical to the IPAD air, Easy to hold and use.

So, easy setup, new but nice touchwiz interface, good WIFI, light as the IPAD Air but with Android and it looks great.

I did consider that this does not have the S pen. However, this device is lighter than the 10.1 Note, and the typewriter on the screen is "THE BEST" I have ever used. Great touch and feel. Great haptic feedback.

So, call me very pleased.

The Nexus 7 is going to be used by other household members. This is now my device for portable use.

I have not had it long enough to comment on battery life... I am going to see if a 10.1 Note tablet case will fit.

Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 Tablet (Black)
Used & New from: $289.00