Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 (32GB, Black)
Color: BlackStyle: Tab Pro 12.2Change
Price:$479.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on March 9, 2014
Coming from a 4yr old bogged down Toshiba laptop running Vista, this was purchased to be a laptop replacement. I plan to use it for email, internet, netflix, social, games, minor word/excel, etc. I wanted to get away from Windows, have something light and portable (this 12.2" weighs 1.61 lbs nearly what the original iPad (1.50 lbs) --3rd and 4th gens (1.45lbs) weighed which was never considered "heavy"). I wanted it to have multiple user support so my wife and I can have separate profiles. I wanted to get away from the larger laptop power supply.

Some of the features that allow this to be a laptop replacement:
12.2" screen that can allow 4 apps split on the screen
Large touch keyboard (likely will get Logtitech Pro Keyboard for occasional heavy word/excel usage)
Hancom Office
2yrs office link to my desktop

Things I like:
Beautiful screen
Split screen
Quick, snappy
Easily expands to 96gb with ~$35 64gb microSD card
Plays nicely with my existing Android ecosystem
$25 Google Play credit

Things I dislike:
Hancom office is great, but I've struggled with a few things in its version of Excel like moving a graph and their website is lacking at this time.
Wish more apps were available for multi-window.
Magazine UX still needs top allow more customization

Other comments:
I see a lot of negative reviews saying it costs so much compared to the competition (first off I think most are comparing to the Note vs Tab).

iPad Air 32gb - $599 (March 2014)
Tab Pro 12.2 32gb - $649 (March 2014)

You get a lot more for that $50 as well as a better operating system in my opinion.

To compliment this tablet, I plan to get the Logtitech keyboard case as well as a soft mount/stand for more comfortable use of the tablet on the couch.

**Update 3/22/14** With poor reviews on the Logtitech keyboard, I saved a bunch and am really happy with a $26 Anker ultralight and thin BT keyboard. The ipevo stand is great too. This combo is working better than expected as a laptop replacement!

**Update 6/20/14** This tablet is still working greats as a laptop replacement. With nightly use, I'm still getting 5-8 days on a charge! Android 4.4 is rather frustrating as it is restricts SD card access. I found this petition to bring access back. [...]

**Update 12/2/14** I'm still quite happy with this. My wife and I use it daily and it does what we need. The only time I need to get the old laptop out is to do datalogs on car (requires Windows), or to do a Shutterfly Photobook which requires Flash. I've heard that the tablet will be updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop in 1Q2015, which should resolve the SD card access issues. This will allow me to automate some backups from SD to network.
1717 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 4, 2014
I bought the Tab Pro 12.2 with the idea of using it as a second screen at the office, as the 8-inch Tab 3 I had was a bit too small for my office needs. I quickly discovered that the Tab Pro is a little workhorse all on its own, and I'm using it a surprising amount of the time in place of my office PC. I did find the Hancom Office app, which is pre-loaded on the Tab 12.2, to be severely lacking in function and usability. I switched over to the Kingsoft app and haven't looked back. That made a huge difference in the ability to productively edit more complicated (yet faithfully rendered) Powerpoint, Word and Excel documents. Both that app and the Tab in general are well-integrated with Dropbox, so it's easy to save what you're working on to the cloud. The virtual keyboard on this tablet is one of the best I've seen, with well-spaced keys, but it's still a virtual keyboard. At the office, I added a Bluetooth keyboard which has sped up the typing considerably.

I don't know if it's Samsung's doing or Google's, but the text selection controls and cut/paste functionality is much more efficient than on older Tabs. I've also used a stylus with this (just a cheap one from Amazon) and it works beautifully - very little lag on the display when handwriting, and nice responsiveness when highlighting or selecting text. Multi-window makes it a snap (literally) to view two apps at the same time. Be aware, however, that there are only a limited number of mutli-window-capable apps right now. If you want to view two web pages in Multi-window simultaneously, you'll need to open two different browsers. Need to print out what you're working on? That also works very nicely (provided you have a wifi printer that you can connect to.) You'll need one of the apps at the Play store to do it, but it worked flawlessly for me.

The charge on this is pretty decent - it lasts all day without having to plug into a charger, and that's with the screen on a good portion of the time. This battery has a pretty big capacity, but the downside is that the time to charge a nearly-dead battery might be longer than you expect (I believe around 6 hours at minimum). My 2 year old laptop was topping out at around 2.5 hours of run time, even with a fairly new battery, so this is a huge plus for me.

What I love about this tablet is that I get everything that's awesome about Android combined with the productivity tools of a PC, on a tablet that i don't have to squint over. While my office PC is stalling while it updates windows, download the latest antivirus updates, or whatever else it wants to do during bootup, thanks to the Tab, by the time the PC is ready to go, I've already checked and responded to email, critiqued documents sent by colleagues, and caught up on the latest news in my field. I agree, it's not the most portable Tab out there - I'd highly recommend taking a look at the 8 inch if you need a tab to constantly carry around with you - but for what it is, it's a thing of beauty.

ADDENDUM: Five stars for the ease of contacting Samsung's tech support (24 hours by chat? nice!). One star for the ability to redeem their Samsung Perks. I have spent nearly an hour on registration websites and in the chats trying to figure out how to get the magic email that entitles me to Google Play credit, Dropbox space, etc. So far no luck. My request is being "escalated". Update: Well, to Samsung's credit, I got an email back from their "Perks" coordinator the next day, which contained all of the promotion codes for the various services.
77 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2014
I already have a Nexus 10, an HDX7 and HDX8.9 but I wanted something larger to actually be able to read a magazine - I have a Next Issue subscription and I wanted to be able to view all those magazines in almost-normal-size. Plus - getting to watch HD videos on a larger screen size was a bonus.

For those of you who don't have or know what Next Issue is (and I'm not connected with them) - it's a monthly subscription - 2 choices of plans - basic for $9.99, premium for $14.99 per month - includes over 100 magazines, weeklies and monthlies, well worth the cost.

Didn't need the Note Pro - I couldn't see spending another $100 to get a stylus. The one concern I had was - was the storage large enough? Comes with 32gb. There's a microSD slot .. plus with Galaxy Perks you get 50gb with DropBox. And I already have huge storage with Amazon (Prime member) and Google .. so yes, the 32gb on the tablet are fine.

I've streamed some videos - TWC TV, Hulu Plus, Netflix, plus HBO GO - all work pretty good. If the picture on the video is primarily black/dark grays - you will see the screen isn't quite as smooth or sharp - but it was okay for me. I was having problems with HBO Go at night and just thought it was either TWC or HBO having streaming issues - turns out it was HBO Go getting bombarded with folks streaming the finale of "True Detective" - I was watching something else but it was causing fits for HBO. So video works pretty good.

The interface is pretty snappy - I've tried loading Go Launcher EX which I use on my phone - the Samsung interface works better for me - Go Launcher Ex isn't ready for a table this size.

All in all - I'm really happy I got it - now I'm just waiting for my cover to arrive!

So - now for a few things that could work better -
1. Amazone Prime Instant Video - does not work at all and as far as I can tell there is no workaround right now. The Note Pro 12.2 ships with Android 4.4.x (4.4.2 I believe) - and if you sideload Flash it doesn't work - I've read there are some incompatabilities with 4.4.x and Flash - doesn't make a difference which browser you use - it's not working as I write this. I've got this beautiful screen - and (listen up AMAZON) it would be great to be able to stream Amazon Instant Videos on it. Yeah, I have an HDX 8.9 - it's a beautiful screen - but a bigger screen would be nice. Again - listen up AMAZON - how about coming out with an HDX 12.2? Or releasing an Amazon Instant Video for non-Kindle Android devices?

2. Last week Samsung released "the next big thing in music" (their words, not mine) - MILK .. it's only good on Galaxy devices .. well this is a Galaxy PRO device right? nope, it's only good on Galaxy phone and and (smaller) Note devices .. I don't understand that - listen up SAMSUNG - your MILK radio app should be available on ANY Samsung device - phone and tablet - not just phone!

Rant over .. :-) .. overall I'm liking my Tab Pro 12.2 .. for me it's not too big .. and it even could have been a little bigger .. definately a recommended tablet!
55 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 5, 2014
I dunno what I can say about this tablet that other reviews haven't already covered in great detail, but I'll give it a shot:

I owned an iPad 2 16gb Wi-Fi before I bought my Tab Pro 12.2 (Which I'll call TP12 from now on). My TP12 blows it so far out of the water, it may as well not exist. It even gives my Dell laptop a run for its money (which sounds sad, I know).

This is honestly the most powerful tablet on the market, bar none (it and its twin brother, the Note 12.2, which doesn't differ at all except for the addition of the S-Pen stylus. IMHO, for $100 extra, it just isn't worth it. Its 2014. Who still uses styluses?) The TP12 and Note both have octa-core processors (in layman's terms, that means they have 8 cores. 4 are 1.9gigahertz, 4 are 1.3gigahertz. That's a lotta hertz.) However, only 4 will be tasked at any time. However, this still means you can run up to 4 apps without a drop in framerate or slowdown. I ran Youtube, Facebook, the Video app and a document editor at the same time, and it ran flawlessly. It also flawlessly supports a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, so you can use this much like a laptop. Add a USB 2.0 to USB adapter, and you can attach flash drives and transfer files.

It has a 8mp rear camera, 2mp front facing camera. I wouldn't use this as a camera, except to use the front facing for Skype calls. Using the rear one honestly will look stupid. Your phone has a camera, use that.

The screen looks amazing. At 2560x1600 resolution, its not super-ultra-mega sharp, but at 247ppi, its pretty damn good. It still looks incredible.

It has expandable storage for up to 64gb, with 32gb internal storage. That means for an extra 20-30$, you basically have a tablet with 96gb of storage. iPad can't do that.

It comes with a lot of Samsung/Android bloatware installed, which I hate. You can't delete it, so the best option is to download a custom Android launcher from Google Play and use that. I use Smart Launcher Pro, works great.

My TP12 came with Hancom Office installed, which is kinda like a Microsoft Office clone. It actually isn't half bad, and supports my Word documents.

One of the coolest features is Multi-Window, where it lets you run up to 4 apps at the same time. I have this on my Galaxy S4, but the smaller screen made it pointless. Here, on this rich 12.2" screen, thats not an issue. I can have my Hancom office open in one window, and have Facebook open in another window, and below that, Youtube and Chrome in separate windows, with no framerate loss or lag. It flawlessly changes inputs depending on what window you touch.

Battery life is fantastic. Longest it lasted with web-browsing, Netflix, games and Bluetooth on was 35 hours. With heavy use, I averaged about 17-18 hours on the battery. Its excellent, but I will see how it holds up in a year or two. The battery, as with most tablets, is not removable.

The tablet itself is very well designed, albeit a little weird. Its basically intended to be used in landscape mode, as holding it in portrait mode means the speakers are on the top and bottom, rather than the sides. The back is a nice faux leather, which feels good in the hand. The port for charging and syncing is a USB 3.0 port, but you can use a USB 2.0 cable if need be. The SD card slot is located right next to the charging port. Apart from that, the lines are very clean. The table is incredibly thin too, and not too heavy either. Despite its size, you can hold it with one hand. I would recommend getting a case for it, and a screen protector. I got an I-Blason hard case and Mr Shield screen protector for it, never been happier.

Overall, this is honestly a phenomenal tablet. Samsung raised the bar for what a tablet should be. Its a bit expensive, at $550, but what you get for that $550 is unbeatable. Legendary performance, versatility, and design come together to make a tablet that has quite literally blown me away. Honestly, Apple better watch out, because nothing they have can compete with this. An iPad 64gb costs more, but sucks in both versatility, performance and storage space.

If you're in the market for a tablet that you'll fall in love with, and which may even end up replacing your laptop, and you're okay with the 12.2" screen size, this is the one to get.

(Sorry this review is all the over the place, theres so much info and points to cover. Hope I covered all the key points!)
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 3, 2014
Then this is the one for you. It is fast even when playing games, you can watch TV or movies on it and I even have mine to play through a TV so I don't have to have a box for every TV in the house. My daughter told me if she had the money to buy any tablet she really wanted then this is the one she would buy and she works with computers etc everyday and designs on one. This tablet has a app where you can write, even though it did not say that in the description. I bought the one with 32 GB and then I got the 64MG card to go with it. I have had 1 tablet before but it was small and just not what I wanted, then I tried a laptop didn't like that so this was my next choice and I am very happy with it, I am a 71 year old great-grandmother and love computers. I have a desktop that I use all the time but wanted this tablet to take with me. If you can afford it, go for the best and this is it, I believe, only had it 3 days and already in love with it,
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
TOP 500 REVIEWERon March 9, 2014
Initially I was not in favor of the 12.2 in, but after using the Notepro 12.2 for a while, I really got hooked. I got a chance to try the 12.2 in work environment and I am completely amazed at the power of a large inch tablet. For reading documents/pdf/books this is awesome. Especially for students! First let us compare the PRO lines from Samsung. The regular Galaxy Tab series will be out in summer based on past trends. Love the Tabpro and will do updates within a month in more detail. I will compare first the TabPROs briefly, and then give a crisp overview of the popular Tablets in market now. Then I will do in depth into the current tablet itself. I feel this will give a good perspective and enhance your buying decision. I am sure you are looking at multiple tablets to determine which sits you. If you have any questions, do ask in the forum and I will respond within a day. My video review shows Temple Run 2, YouTube, GPS Navigon, Sketching among other things.

The single most fascinating part of the TabPRO lines is the resolution. Astounding 2560 x 1600 on all lines . In comparison last year's Tabs have much lower resolution.

key_specs: { model: resolution, ppi, CPU, RAM, Flash memory, SD_card, camera spec, weight, OS_type, size, charging/sync port type, GPS:y/n }

Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4-Inch {B,W}, WQXGA 2560 x 1600, 359 ppi, 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 16/[32] GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 331 gm, Android 4.4 Kit Kat OS, 8.62 x 5.06 x 0.28 in, microUSB, GPS yes. 4800 mAh battery (best resolution on a tablet!)

Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 298 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 2 GB RAM, 16/[32] GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 469 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.29 in, microUSB, GPS: y, 8,200mAh battery

Wow, a 12.2" tablet now! This is a laptop with no keyboard built in.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 247 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 3 GB RAM, 32GB/64GB Flash, microSD upto 64 GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 717 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 11.64 x 8.03 x 0.31 in, microUSB, GPS: y, 9500mAh battery

Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 {B, W}, WQXGA 2560x1600, 247 ppi, Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 3 GB RAM, 32/64 GB Flash, microSD card slot up to 64GB, 8MP Rear + 2MP Front, 748 gm, Android 4.4 KitKat, 11.64 x 8.03 x 0.33 in, microUSB 3.0 port with backwards compatibility with microUSB 2.0, GPS - y, 9500mAh battery, S-Pen, NFC, Ethernet connectivity via adapter.

A broad range of popular tablets as of now are Kindle Fire HDX 8.9", Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1"2014 edition, iPAD Air 9.7", Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1", Google Nexus 10" and Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8". If you are planning to buy TabPRO, do look at the comparison of 3 top features you need. This will enhance your buying decision.

Kindle Fire HDX 8.9" model: 2560 x 1600, 339 ppi, Snapdragon 800 2.2 GHz quad-core, 2 GB RAM, 16/32/64 Flash Memory, No microSD card, 8MP rear-facing camera, front-facing 720p HD camera, 374 grams, FireOS 3.0, 9.1 x 6.2 x 0.31 inches, microUSB, GPS:no [cellular versions have GPS]

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1" 2014 Edition: 2560x1600, 299 ppi, 1.9GHz Samsung Exynos 5420 Quad-Core Processor, 3GB RAM, 16/32 GB Flash Memory, microSD slot:yes(upto 64 GB), 8MP rear camera and 2 MP front-facing camera, 560 grams, Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS, 9.57 x 6.75 x 0.31 inches, microUSB, GPS:yes. S-Pen (flagship),

iPAD Air 9.7" (2013): 2048 x 1536 resolution, 264 ppi, A7/M7/64 bit processor, Flash Memory: 16/32/64/128 GB, SD Card:no, 5 MP back, 1.2 MP front, 469 grams, iOS 7, 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.29 in, lightning port, GPS:no [cellular versions have GPS]

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1" model: 1280 x 800, 149 ppi, Intel Atom 1.6GHz Z2560 dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, Flash Memory: 16/32GB, microSD slot: yes upto 64 GB, 3.2MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing, 510 grams, Android 4.2.2, 9.57 x 6.93 x 0.31 in, micoUSB port:yes, GPS:yes

Google Nexus 10" model: 2560 x 1600, 300 ppi, CPU: Dual-core A15, 2GB RAM, 16/32 GB, SD:no, rear:5 MP, front:1.9 MP, 603g, 10.4" x 7" x 0.35", mcroUSB, GPS:yes

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8" model: 1280 x 800, 189 ppi, Exynos 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB RAM, Flash memory: 16/32GB, microSD slot: yes upto 64 GB, 5MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing, 309 grams, Android 4.2, 8.26 x 4.87 x 0.29 in, microUSB port:yes, GPS: yes

You should come up with three top three specs you want and should be able to nail it down with the above spec. If you have doubts shoot me a comment, I can help!

RESOLUTION:
The resolution of WQXGA 2560 x 1600, and has a pixel density of 247 ppi. All the TabPROs are same resolution, so we increase in size, the pixel density decreases. The videos were very crisp and text so sharp. The new Magazine UX interface makes the screen really pop. I was able to read magazines very easily. Aldiko and many libraries have teamed up and magazines can be checked out through the app. Resolution will blow you away. This new Multi-Window UI that now supports up to four apps running simultaneously, each in its dedicated window. I was reading documents/manuals at work and the resolution and clarity is stunning.

PROCESSING POWER
Exynos® 5 Octa (1.9GHz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore), 3 GB RAM. Very powerful indeed! I have played games/watched youtube videos and have seen no lag or any latencies. Though the chip is octa core, do bear in mind only 4 cores are active at a time. This is done for minimizing heat.

PRO MEANS?
Tablet is certainly is a productivity tool. This tablet is touted as Enterprise-Ready Email/Microsoft office support through a third party app. It also has Hancom office suite which is an office suite developer in Korea. Hancom Office consists of Hanword, Hancell (Spreadsheet), and Hanshow (Presentation program). Since there is Google office, I don't know if this will be any sell in the US and other countries. does all this sound familiar to you. Yes, you have it in your laptop!

STORAGE
This tabpro comes in 32/64 GB configurations. Having the expandable memory to 64 GB is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Well, putting bunch of video/audio/books on the SD card which is so cheap these days, the tablet suddenly has more memory with no lag observed. With prices plummeting for 64 GB cards, it is a great boon. Put all your music, books, photos on the SD card and you have a powerful computer in hand always! I personally use the 64 GB microSD card on my mobile devices. Get this mobileUltra (SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging.

CAMERA:
Having a tablet is a plus on smaller tablets, though I hate the feature on 10 or 12" tablets. I personally don't use cameras as much on 10"+. If you use publicly, it is like having a big magazine in front of you. Imagine the guy in the sports stand using in front of you! The resolution is 8MP Rear + 2MP Front. Video is 1080 p 60 fps. Nowadays there is nothing much to sat of cameras, they just work for the required purpose.

ERGONOMICS

I personally like for home uses 8", but at 12"+ this is truly a laptop replacement. At 717 gm, the weight is definitely not single hand holdable. Still less weight than laptops. For example, 11" MacBook Air weighs 2.38 pounds. Size of this tablet is 11.64 x 8.03 x 0.31 in. The battery is 9500mAh and it came for easily couple of days for me at nominal usage in an office environment. The best part I liked is the beautiful resolution and is the best resolution on a tablet! HD videos are crisp. The tablet is marked as PRO which means Samsung us really trying the enterprise customers, though nothing prevents one from getting for home personal use.

SOUND
Excellent sound system with stereo speakers and microphone. I was able to ask questions to Google Now and get precise answers.

MISC
I tested OTG capability and it is great to have a external USB support. USB Host is one of the most undernoticed features of Androids and is in my opinion one of the best features compared to iPad lines. What this means you get a USB Host cable also otherwise called OTG (On the Go) cables and plug in your USB thumb drive or other USB devices and the device recognizes it. I have used it with Alfa AWUS036H for a wireless project with Android PCAP Capture from reputable Kismet wireless.

Having a GPS is great for immediate needs and I could get immediate lock on this tablet. Wi-Fi is 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band. Also has infrared which cas be used for WatchON as a TV remote control. Worked straightaway on Samsung TV. This is also great for sharing your tablet with family members, multi user mode lets different users log in separately, so you each see only your own apps, backgrounds, and email.

APP POWER

I tried following apps and they just worked awesome. A tablet is only as good as the apps you have and how productive it makes you. It's almost like the camera/lens analogy in the DSLR space. What good it is to have a great DSLR body if you have no good lens? Same with Tablet body and apps you have. Apart from official tasks, I tried apps from my personal Google Play apps.

WolframAlpha (I can go on for hours praising this. This is a truly genius app powered by hundreds of supercomputers in the background. Wolfram is a computational genius). Well worth the $3 price.

Withings HealthMate. (another remarkable app great UI/UX). I use Pulse and the integration with it as well as Weight machine is very good.

23andMe app (I love their reports)
Aldiko Book Reader Premium (absolutely love it, many libraries have magazines for checkout)
Amazon Mobile
Android Status
Android Central app (great and must have for Android users)
Androidify (kids love it)
Angry Birds (Space/Seasons)
Asphalt Car game
Battery Monitor Widget Pro (a great app)
BeyondPod (use it daily!)
Box
Chrome
CNET TV
Dictionary M-W Premium
NAVIGON (from Garmin - offline maps)
TOM TOM app (has some advantages over NAVIGON)
Google Navigation/Earth/Maps using a portable MiFi box
Google Currents (nice way to read News)
Google Keep/Keyboard/Drive/Search/Books/Voice/Hangouts
Ebay
Flipboard
Linkedin
Google Music (Awesome, I have now upto 10,000 songs halfway through Google's 20K Limit)
Tapatalk HD (awesome forum browsing app)
OverDrive Media Console: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Microsoft One Note (legacy docs, skydrive of 25 GB is good)
Subsonic Music Streamer
Terminal Emulator (still need to use vi, yes this is it)
TweetCaster Pro for Android
Twit.Tv
Skype
RealCalc Plus (Awesome calculator app)
Wolfram Alpha
Zillow
Plenty of Widgets

Ask questions, the reviews cannot do full justice. I will be glad to answer any questions and usually answer within 24 hours to any query.
2727 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I had been shopping around for awhile for a replacement for my 1st Gen iPad which is showing its age. After doing a lot of research I decided to go with the Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 thanks to the larger screen and that is comes with double the storage of the base model iPad Air. While I love my other Apple products I feel like they have become complacent in the innovation department since their founder's death.
I needed a tablet that my wife could use for laying in bed watching Netflix and/or browsing the web and that I could bring to meetings for note taking and other business needs. I love that this tablet offers the ability to have multiple users that can be switched pretty much on the fly. this way I can have the apps I use front and center like the Hancom Office suite that syncs well with the Office software I'm used to, and cloud software like Evernote and Dropbox.
I also picked up a Logitech Pro Protective Case with Full-Size Keyboard for Samsung Galaxy Note Pro and Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro (920-006319) with it and the two work very well together on a desk.
The only downside I've found is something that I can't control, the fact that it is an anomaly in my otherwise Apple-centric ecosystem, but that is a sacrifice I was willing to make for a superior product.
on November 24, 2014
I have the Tab pro and I've also own the iPad air and to be honest I like them both. The iPad air has it ups and down as well as the Tab pro. What I love about the Tab pro is all the features it offers for the $549 price tag and I feel the iPad is lacking in features. People who say either or "sucks" has never owned either device to make that judgment or they are devoted fan boys and girls.
review image review image
on December 27, 2014
Here's an HONEST review for those of you considering purchasing the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2. Firstly, I'm probably not a verified purchaser because my Fiancé bought this for me from HSN for $946.99 (plus) $115.99 for the extended 3-year warranty. I have the black one 64g that came with a 24g memory card. Last year my fiancé bought me the 10" Apple iPad from HSN and it was ok, but after just 3 months it collapsed. We returned it to HSN for repair and one week later we were informed that it had a virus and could not be repaired. #Just repeating what we were told# We were given a full refund...even a refund on warranty.

This year, I asked for the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 as a Christmas gift. I love this super fast machine!!! It's big and does take an hour or two to adjust to its large size. For me, facebook works best in portrait, but reading, movies and web surfing are incredible in landscape. It syncs with my Note Edge to the point of being cloned; even sync the Note Edge's home/lock screen-saver picture. I can make and receive calls from it, open multiple screens at once, do screenshots, expand the screen...sPen is magical. No regrets at all. It does everything my fiancé's laptop does and more. If this one fails during the 3-year warranty period I would truly replace it with another one just like it...that's how awesome it is! Im still discovering its many amazing features! I love my Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2!!! I've attached a picture of me on a phone call on my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, and a picture of it after cleaning up the screen.
review image review image
on March 23, 2014
I bought mine via B&H.
4 way split multi-window really comes to life in gorgeous 12.2 inch retina display. No stuttering regardless which apps are on.
Wide viewing angle, blazing fast WiFi & GPS locks in so fast. Sensors are smooth when playing games.
Reading magazines on 12.2" display is such a joy, 7 inch or 10 inch screens just can't cut it. It truly feels like reading a real magazine.
PC-like new keyboard, shift, delete buttons present plus directional cursors, easy to type on.
Hancom productivity app is top notch, printing with my WiFi printer is a breeze.
Elegant design with solid build quality, better than 2012 Note 10.1 or Tab 3. No shaky buttons.
Textured back is easy to grip on.
I'm also using mine when playing the piano as digital sheet music viewer, the size really makes a difference.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations