5.0 out of 5 stars AMOLED_mania
I used this tablet over a month (in avg, >4 hours per day). I am satisfied especially with gorgeous screen, fast speed, and portability. I love clear and vivid colors radiated from this sleek guy. I thought the price ($599) was too expensive. But it is understandable now.

Published on April 20, 2012 by Hyoung

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money
This is the biggest waste of money i have ever seen. Yes the screen is nice and everything. But the product is essentially useless. It is an over priced cell phone that you cannot place phone calls. my best advice is to buy a laptop.
Published on May 1, 2012 by Jason Veillette

5.0 out of 5 stars AMOLED_mania, April 20, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4G 7.7" 16GB Android Tablet (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)

If you read this review here, I assume you already searched lots of reviews from other places. By choosing the verizon version, you can have Exynos CPU, 4G LTE, and official warranty. Plus... you can actually use voice call and SMS functions.

The verizon doesn't support voice call/SMS functions on this device. BUT you can install such apps as Kakaotalk and Naver Line. Especially, the Naver Line makes this tablet to perfectly work as a normal cellphone (the voice calls and messages can be used all in no charges). As long as you are under the 3G/4G/Wifi, you can receive all of the incoming calls and messages even though the device is turned off into a standby mode. In my guess, the voice-call fees from mobile service providers will disappear near future (1~2 yrs).

Only one I want more in this tablet is longer battery. I know these kinds of LTE devices have large standby power consumption which leaks out to ground even without any usage. For galaxy 7.7, the 8-mm thickness is thin enough. It would be great although this was slightly thicker and heavier to include more battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen! you will love it., April 4, 2012
Excellent screen, deepest black, high contrast. I highly recommend this tablet for movie, video, and game.The AMOLED screen also makes the tablet thin and light.

I have used an ipad2 for a year. Compared with the 9.7 inch, I think the 7.7 inch form factor is very useful. It is more portable and convenient, but you don't lose the advantage of wide screen.

But its user interface is not that great. The Ipad2 seems more completed product. I expect ICS update will solve many issues associated with laggy transition, touch response, and etc. The ICS update was officially confirmed by verizon. But I don't know when it comes.

I heavily use this tablet, but even though I consider it, the battery doesn't go long (normally 6-8 hours in straight usage). The AMOLED screen seems to eat the battery very quickly.

Compared with motorola razr maxx, its LTE signal strength is little bit weak, but acceptable in general. You can use free mobile hotspot. If you have another LTE microSIM in your verizon smartphone, you can use it here. But it is not that convenient actually, because you have to pull out and insert the tiny one. Of course, no call function here. You can just use Skype stuff to make a call.

This is also good when you read pdf documents such as science and engineering journal papers. This screen size is just minimum to read the papers. I think 5 inch galaxy note or other smartphones are too tiny.

Overall, it is higly portable, useful, and visual. If you already have ipad2, I think you don't need new ipads. I agree the price of this tablet is expensive, but it is worthy to pay. Most of all, the high price is due to the 7.7 inch AMOLED screen which is currently the largest area among AMOLED products in the world. You will be happy with this tablet if you can really like the screen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, May 1, 2012