2,242 Reviews
 (1,346)

1,301 of 1,401 people found the following review helpful
For almost ONE YEAR now, I have owned this tablet and it has run wonderfully for me.

Published 17 months ago by Daisy

1.0 out of 5 stars Raging Disappoinment
Did some research as to high quality but low cost tablets and found three main competitors; Galaxy tab 3, Google nexus 7 and I-pad mini. Granted I-pad mini isn't that cheap but size wise in same bracket.

Published 15 months ago by Nick Adegite

1,301 of 1,401 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars This compact tablet is easy to carry around, easy to learn with nice features! Detailed Review, July 25, 2013

Because I used it so much, I have tested thoroughly and found that it does have overall advantages. So as a techie, I tested this tablet out and below I will list what I have found to be the Pros and Cons of this tablet and have listed what I personally discovered. Then this will hopefully help you to decide if this is the right tablet for you or not...(By the way, to let you know,
Something to consider: If you are looking for a COMPACT VERY PORTABLE and lightweight WiFi only tablet (and do not need the phone part), consider this tablet. (This is my favorite size because I can carry in my purse, tote, gym bag etc so easily! While it does not have every bell and whistle installed on it, it is a good choice for: Checking emails, Getting Online, Looking at Pictures, Watching Home Movies.

Here are the Pros and the Cons below.

PROS:

1- WiFi connects easily and the signal is SUPERB in most places I tested. (Found the WiFi signal is VERY STRONG in my home and even in my backyard). This model has the strongest WiFi signal of any tablet or phone that I own! And it stays on the WiFi for long distances without dropping the signal EVER!
2- The advantage of having a SD card slot that will hold up to 64GB.
3- Small and lightweight. Comfortable to carry around and place in backpack or briefcase easily.
4- Micro USB Port - This is common in most tablets these days, but the older Tab 2 line did not have micro port but the propriety wider port.
5- Screen clarity - For me, I found this screen easy to read eBooks on and view internet pages.

CONS:

- 8GB internal storage - this it the advertized storage before Samsung added the OS, apps, Touch Wiz and because the OS takes up room, apps etc, take up room, the tablet just has about 4.7GB in the internal storage when you receive the tablet. No problem really I still have over 4 GB left on mine after all of my apps I added from Playstore.

Bottom line and Summary:

** Price and New to Tablet Person (or for a child/student) - For the low cost of about 160 (or less if used) dollars, this tablet will make a very nice FIRST TABLET or a TABLET FOR KIDS as it is a lower cost tablet that is easy to learn and has lots of features for the money. For just 160 dollars or so new, I find this a very good buy and this tablet may just be the one for you.

** Experienced Tablet Person - If this is NOT your first tablet and you want a higher end tablet, and want to spend just a little bit more say about 90 more dollars, then you may want to consider the Tab 3 8.0 with 16GB of internal storage and larger screen etc. Also there are many very nice 7 inch tablets out there to choose from that have better specs and better screen resolution and better internal storage.

If you are to have any questions about this tablet, you may ask me in the comment section and I will answer right away.

1,337 of 1,458 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent form factor, and good improvement from previous model, July 7, 2013
There are too many tablets these days, right?! Samsung's third generation of Galaxy Tab series is highly anticipated and for this price point phenomenal. I have been using Galaxy Tab 2 and I will compare and contrast here. I played around with review units of all sizes and I have since returned them. My reviews are unbiased and neutral! First, if you have not had any tablets before, Get THIS! Yes, Get this 7". It is ideal for plane trips, long journeys. I had used a 7" Tablet on a long journey to listen to songs and read epub books (Aldiko) and it was a very pleasant experience. 7" form factor is lightweight, compact and great. If you are a bit experienced and can afford it, I highly recommend the 8". In my opinion 8" is the maximum value for the money and features and hence I gave 8" a 5 star. I gave 7" a 4 star (but no means undermining it). I gave the 10" also a 4 star because of some strange spec `limitations'.

Samsung has introduced 7", 8" and 10.1" of the Tab 3 series. They are entering all form factors. As I know they have something in 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10" lines. Woo.. All of the 7, 8, 10" Galaxy Tabs come in white and golden brown color. My preference is white color. Looks pretty!

Let's start off with salient points of all of the Galaxy Tab 3 series. I will later compare with the previous Tab 2 model.

7-inch tablet: 1024 x 600, Marvell dual-core 1.2GHz processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB built-in storage (ROM), a microSD card slot (up to 64 GB), Camera: 3MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing and weighs 10.58 oz. (300 grams). Android 4.1.2

8-inch model: 1280 x 800, Exynos 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 1.5GB ram, 16GB of built-in storage (ROM), a microSD slot (up to 64 GB), Camera: 5MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing and weighs 10.9 oz. (309 grams) Android 4.2

10.1-inch model: 1280 x 800, Intel Atom 1.6GHz Z2560 dual-core processor, 1GB RAM, a 16GB built-in storage (ROM), a microSD slot (up to 64 GB), Camera: 3.2MP rear-facing, 1.3MP front-facing and weighs 17.99 oz. (510 grams). Android 4.2

I am not going into other details like accelerometer etc. as they are all standard these days, Audio support - AAC, AMR, MP3, OGG, WMA/ASF, 3GA/M4A, FLAC, WAV; MP3/MP4/Music Tones; Music Player; Ringtones, Polyphonic. Video support: AVI/DIVX, WMV/ASF, FLV, MKV, MP4/3GP, WEBM; Video Player; Video Streaming. Software is current of release date, and it is expected could be upgraded as next version Android 5 Key Lime Pie. (Currently targeted for Oct 2013). Key Lime Pie's one of the main touting points is compatibility to avoid fragmentation, so I can foresee, all of these models being able to upgrade if Google keeps their promise.

The 7" has a physical home button so are others in the series. Also has capacitive Back and Menu buttons. Camera is a 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for skype, and a 3-megapixel rear-facing camera. It is also equipped with an IR blaster so it will work as a universal remote on both your TV and cable box. Camera is only so and so, and I will not rely on it to produce outstanding photos. Weighs only 300 gm. 64 GB SD card is awesome! With prices plummeting for 64 GB cards, it is a great boon. Put all your music, books, photos on the SD card and you have a powerful computer in hand always! I personally use the 64 GB microSD card on my mobile devices. Get this mobileUltra (SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging.

Galaxy Tab 2 is 345 grams, so Tab 3 is lighter by 45 grams. Processors are similar 1.2 GHz dual core in Tab 3 Vs 1 GHz dual core in Tab 2. Resolutions are same with Tab 2 1024 x 600 pixels (~170 ppi pixel density). Tab 3 supports up to 64 GB whereas Tab2 is 32 GB. Not a big deal unless you have tons of video/photo/ebooks/music you want to carry with you all the time. I use a mixture of on device storage + Google Music + box for my data needs. Battery is also same between Tab 2 and Tab 3 7" versions - Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery.

Both have Bluetooth 3.0. I cannot confirm still if Tab 3 7" supports OTG. I know for sure Tab 3 8" supports as I tested it. USB Host is one of the most undernoticed features of Androids and is in my opinion one of the best features compared to iPad lines. What this means you get a USB Host cable also otherwise called OTG (On the Go) cables and plug in your USB thumb drive or other USB devices and the device recognizes it. I have used it with Alfa AWUS036H for a wireless project with Android PCAP Capture from reputable Kismet wireless. Another much ignored feature is the TV-out (via MHL A/V link). Unfortunately the 7" does not support it whereas 8in and 10.1 in supports it. You can connect Galaxy devices to a TV to make it truly a fantastic computer if the device supports MHL. Throw in a Bluetooth keyboard and it is awesome. Leo Laporte's TwIT TV which is Internet based show has one full episode in Know How on covering this topic. GPS was spot on and I tried multiple GPS apps. It was bright outdoors (had to crank the brightness all the way up). I personally use Navigon from Garmin and have downloaded several apps.

Finally, believe me, don't get mired in the spec game. 7" is equally capable as a 8in for `most' day to day apps. If you are reading books, browsing, listening to music, looking at photos 7" is more than enough. Samsung is creating markets for all form factors and I would consider this as an exploratory stage. Just like Ford or Toyota has cars in different shapes, sizes and price range, so are the tablet vendors now. Remember the laptop wars, 10", 12" 13", 15, 17 and even some 19" if I remember right few years ago. We used to debate endlessly which laptop sizes are better, which has better speakers and so on. The time has come to fight it out for tablets!

I tried following apps and they just worked awesome. A tablet is only as good as the apps you have and how productive it makes you. It's almost like the camera/lens analogy in the DSLR space. What good it is to have a great DSLR body if you have no good lens? Same with Tablet body and apps you have.
WolframAlpha (I can go on for hours praising this. This is a truly genius app powered by hundreds of supercomputers in the background. Wolfram is a computational genius). Well worth the $3 price.

Withings HealthMate. (another remarkable app great UI/UX). I am getting the Pulse device as soon as it hit stores. I have been using Fitbit and just itching to get the Pulse as I like the intergrated weight/track runs in one app)
Aldiko Book Reader Premium (absolutely love it)
Amazon Mobile
Android Status
Android Central app (great and must have for Android users)
Androidify
Angry Birds (Space/Seasons)
Asphalt 7
Amazon App Store
Battery Monitor Widget Pro (a great app)
BeyondPod (excellent for podcasts, I haven't used Pocketcast, some friends say it is very good too)
Box
Car Maintenance Reminder Pro
Chrome
CloudShark Upload
CNET TV
Despicable Me Game! And weather widget (cute for kids)
Dictionary M-W Premium
Dragonvale
NAVIGON (from Garmin - offline maps)
Google Navigation/Earth/Maps using a portable MiFi box
Google Currents (nice way to read News)
Google Keep/Keboard/Drive/Search/Books/Voice/Hangouts
Draw Something
Ebay
Linkedin
Google Music (Awesome, I have now upto 10,000 songs halfway through Google's 20K Limit)
Tapatalk HD (awesome forum browsing app)
OverDrive Media Console: Library eBooks & Audiobooks
Microsoft One Note (legacy docs, skydrive of 25 GB is good)
Subsonic Music Streamer
Terminal Emulator (still need to use vi, yes this is it)
TweetCaster Pro for Android
ASIN:B007R6PKBY Twit.Tv
Skype
Sphero (Awesome bluetooth ball game)
RealCalc Plus (Awesome calculator app)
Tweetcaster Pro (again awesomeness)
Plenty of Widgets

Ask questions, the reviews cannot do full justice. I will be glad to answer any questions and usually answer within 24 hours to any query.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and a great choice, July 7, 2013
I have an ipad,which I use for everyday.Was looking for something portable and cheaper for travel. I bought this product after a thorough research on all the contemporary products at this range.
Samsung has done great with the package and look. I got mine in white and it looks great,easy to carry especially if you read when you travel . Good thing they added the home button which makes the navigation much simpler and faster. Memory is expandable upto 64 gb. Comes with an unique feature tv remote,it's pretty cool to be able o control ur smart tv without any additional hardware. It has a sensor which communicates perfect with various brands of tv. The difference of this remote from the other ones,is this does not require the tv to be on network. Samsung watch on is a great feature, I think this wasn't there in the earlier versions. Jelly bean processor,1.2 ghz dual core processor makes the navigation much smoother than galaxy tab 2. The price is a big plus for this one. Now comes the cons. The voice assist feature is very very slow and robotic compared to Siri. The wifi connectivity needs improvement. It's not that fast compared to apple( but you get what you pay for). One more negative point is the resolution , kindle fire hd and nexus has hd resolution for the same price when this product comes with hundred times lesser resolution of 1024*800. Don't know why samsung dint add hd which is very very common in the recent devices. Other than all this ,if you are looking a easy to carry,light,smart and stylish device with a great storage and most Importantly cheaper tab, then this is the one for you

1.0 out of 5 stars Raging Disappoinment, September 10, 2013

I purchased the SG tab 3 because it was comparable price to nexus 7 but huge interest in expandable storage. Since I brought that up I'll address that now. Expandable storage was a great concept but wasted idea. In past android was able to move all apps to your SD card in order to improve your performance for your device.

SD Card:

Currently however, it appears everyone and there mother has moved away from that feature. Basically, songs and documents can be moved over to the SD card and the card itself is purely internal storage. Doesn’t sound like a bad deal, well here’s some insight. If you like apps like mostly everyone does, the more apps you have, the slower your tablet will operate. I found myself waiting more times than not for simple apps to load or simply swiping to the next screen. If you want a tablet for the sole purpose of looking at pictures and opening documents, you got a winner. If apps, gaming, and productivity are you’re strong point, this tablet is not for you.

Features:

The next point of information, the SG tab 3 is the lowest grade tablet for the SG market. It does have a beautiful display and when the planets align a generally good overall experience but this usually only happens when you first load the tablet, remove any background tasks and operate only one app, like a new reader. Instructions on features for the tablet are none existent and if advertised features on the internet sparked you interest for this tablet, it’s only for the SG tab3 8 inches. Not even the 10 inch has theses bells and whistles.

The pull down menu is however amazing allowing you to control all features such as turning on and off options like Wi-Fi, airplane mode, battery saving without ever having to open the settings. Some features have like the auto dimmer for instance end up being more of a pain then a luxury constantly changing your screen brightness making it usually to dim.

Battery

As far as the battery life for the tablet….don‘t hold your breath. If max charge is achieved it is after several hours of charging. Once you’ve waited 2.5 to 3 hours to enjoy your tablet, the power quickly drains away never really reaching that advertised 8 hour lifetime.

This next point I have separated because it is VERY IMPORTANT…

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU DEPLETE YOU’RE BATTERY TO 0%. A common grip on the internet is that tablets of all brands and style are not turning back on. Either China is pissed or android has got a major problem on their hands. Once the battery dies from use, unless you immediately charge it after dying, you’re tablet will not turn back on. If you think I’m joking go to this link

[...]

I understand they are saying it happens to the SG tab 2, but Tab 3 owners of the 7.0 inch beware…it happens to you to. I received my tab on 9/6/2013 and it died 9/10/2013. RIP Tab 3, we never really got to know each other. That aside I have requested for another to replace my currently dead and defective SG tab 3 7 inch so we shall see how that pans out. If it doesn’t work out, there’s always I pad. I will admit, though my hate or apple is quite large, they know how to make a fully functional device.

Overall:

Screen has great display and movies look great as well as reading whether it be books or comic books. The Google Play store has a ton of apps making the tablet a good source of entertainment but don’t get too many apps of you’ll bog down your tablet. No matter how big your SD card is, it won’t make you tablet faster. Features are basic and are comparable to that of a generic low budget tablet. The SG tab 3 operates fairly slowly no matter how much ram you free up. Battery life is abysmal and if you ever let the battery reach zero, you’ll never turn it back on again unless you have your charger with you at all time. Hate to say it but if Android is lacking the tablet department and unless you want to spend high dollar for a tablet ($300+) you might be better off using your smart phone.

Good luck and happy hunting,

Android enthusiast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Under-promises & OVER performs=Excellent, July 9, 2013
I'm a long time user and owner of Samsung devices including the original Tab 1 and currently have the Note II smartphone. I lead with that information in order to provide some context in describing the Tab 3 which is simply a wonderful device for the money and for the ease of operation in most anything you'd want a tablet for and to do.

The display is far improved over the earlier tab. It's like going for SD to HD in one fell swoop. The setup and getting it synced with the home network wifi was far easier than I had thought it would be. The same can be said for tying into the Google disciplines. Once I set up my existing Google Gmail transfer, I was able to easily tap into my existing Amazon kindle account and start reading from my personal books library. The Tab 3 is fast, looks great and is easy to operate. Also, within the first 10 minutes of setup, I accessed my Netflix account and was viewing various movies which came in LOUD (good volume/speakers) and clear.

Summing up, the Tab 3 is a significant upgrade over the first Samsung Tab and for the price of about $200, I don't see how you can beat the value with any other device out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Constant Companion, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3,~zero complaints..., December 2, 2013
Outstanding portable electronic device. I'm writing a book and my husband & I travel alot. Tired of carrying my laptop around and the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 seemed to be the perfect little investment. Whenever and wherever I get ideas I can pull my tablet out of my purse and write down things I need to remember. Love the various applications that can be downloaded from the Google store for free or at a low cost. I can watch movies, read my e-books, download favorite rock tunes, do my banking, shop at all my favorite stores and even read our Church's Bible lessons on my Samsung. Convenient and worth the small cost. I love that it synch's with my samsung phone and my desktop pc. As a reviewer for a number of websites I can do my assignments while on vacation in my extra time rather than wait til I get home to complete with worry of not making deadlines. Also love all the space for contact numbers and addresses. I've bought three tablets in the past that I was not happy with, this one is staying with me. Highly recommend~

1.0 out of 5 stars Tab 3 7.0 review after owning it for 5 months., November 4, 2013
I had purchased the GS4 earlier this year and really liked their interface for android. Once they announced their new Tab 3 line, I purchased a few of these for my wife and I. Now, right out of the box, mine came up with a "kernel error" and would automatically crash. I ended up sending it in for "service" with samsung after owning it for less than 2 days. The folks who performed maintenance were not samsung, but a contractor they used. If you wanted status on your product, you couldn't reliably find it through samsung, but rather needed to contact the contractor directly.

Now, they had my tablet for 3 and 1/2 friggin weeks before determining that they could not fix it and that they would issue me a replacement. By the time I got it in the mail, I was without the table for over 4 weeks. I asked the samsung rep towards the end if they felt this was appropriate, and they said it was standard, that what I experienced was not "uncommon". Take that as you will.

Once I got the replacement tablet, I discovered that it was truly underpowered in regards to processor and ram. It lagged BADLY when you had any apps running in the background and attempted to navigate around your home screens. The resolution of the screen wasn't that bad in my opinion, but then again, I wasn't using it to watch high def movies. Here is a summary of the pros and cons I have with this tablet:

Pros:
- Samsung's touchwiz is a nice interface to use for most people
- The widgets are awesome to use, but these are standard with any android tablet
- The microSD card slot is great for storing media files (movies, music, books)

Cons:
- God help you if you have an issue with your tablet. Samsung's customer service is HORRIBLE.
- The tablet is WAY underpowered. 1.2 GHZ processor isn't acceptable in most smart phones let alone a tablet.
- RAM is inadequate to deal with the multi-tasking that this tablet SHOULD be able to accomplish.
- Screen resolution is lower than most tablets coming out around the time this one was released.

I wrote this review after I had "owned" a GT3 7.0 for about 4 months, but only possessed it for 2 and 1/2 months of that time. The "shine" has worn off a bit (you see folks writing reviews of products they have used for 1 or 2 days and they are not thoroughly accurate). I cannot recommend this product to anyone when there are MUCH better tablets being put out. The GT3 8.0 is a HUGE improvement over this 7.0 incher, unfortunately, the price may be a bit prohibitive for some. The "new" nexus 7.0 is a far superior tablet to this.

I really hope Samsung learns from this catastrophe of a tablet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inch), September 13, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7-Inch, Gold-Brown, 8-GB) 2013 Model (Personal Computers)
I actually bought this for my seventy year old mother and she loves it. It is simple to use and fits her needs to surf the web, read e-mail and play solitaire. She even figured out how to watch videos all on her own. So thumbs up on this little tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced in todays market, Much better value out there, November 16, 2013
The Samsung 3 7" should probably not be considered in the same grouping as the other Tab 3 products (the 8" and 10.1"), because it is so much less that either of those. The problem isn't that it is poorly made, just that it is missing some very important features found on the other models, and it is way overpriced for what it does have in today's market.

Before going further, and not to insult any other reviewers, but I have read a lot of reviews on this product on many websites now, and the conclusion I have come to is that the people who rave about this product very often are 1) speaking from a very short experience with it or 2) this tablet is their first one and they have neither good comparisons, nor have they researched the market well enough to know where this tablet fits in the current market in terms of features and pricing. It is a nice "looking" tablet. Mine is white and its "handsome". It's size is comfortable, although it is slightly heavy for its size". It is thin and pretty sleek, but all of that is pretty superficial. It is, however, at least "last year's" technology if not 18 month old, and so is the pricing.

There are several reviews here which indicate people had the Tab 2 7" and were pleased with it, and then "upgraded" to the Tab 3 7" and were blindsided by the throwback in technology. While I have not owned the Tab 2 7", I have looked it over, and compared it to my Tab 3 7" and I have to agree. The Tab 2 7" has the same resolution screen as the Tab 3 7" but the older one is brighter and has higher contrast, which can be important if you are in brighter lighting. The Tab 2 7" uses a 30 pint connector, which some don't like, but one very important aspect to that connector was that you could buy numerous inexpensive cables and accessories (for under $5) that allowed you to plug a card reader, thumb drive, hard drive, keyboard, mouse or game controller into it. The Tab 3 7" has a more standard micro USB port, but it is only useful for charging the tablet or to connect it to a USB cable to interface it with a computer. It will not acknowledge any of the other devices mentioned, regardless of the cable you use because Samsung decided to remove the hosting ability of the USB port on this model. The Tab 3 8" for about $100 more or the 10.1" both have hosting USB and work with a cheap OTG USB cable. Not the Tab 3 7".

What this means is that your only choice for storage of images, documents, music or videos is to transfer them onto a micro SD card and use the micro SD reader in the tablet. If you have stuff already stored on a full size SD card from your camera, or a thumb drive, you have to use a computer in between, or WiFi or Bluetooth if your other devices have that ability. Most Android devices since about version 3.1 (the Tab 3 7" uses 4.1.2) have a host USB port. Google suggests they all SHOULD (their emphasis) have one.

The screen itself is acceptable but not that sharp. You can do much better with resolution, brightness and contrast in the same price range with other brands. The colors are a bit muted on the Tab 3 7".

The WiFi and GPS are both weak. Mine unit drops the connections quite often.

As others have mentioned, although the Tab 3 7" allows you to put up to a 64 GB micro SD card into the unit, it only can be used to store personal media (documents, music, movies, images, etc). You can't access and run apps from it. The 8 GB RAM within the unit is pretty limited, as the basic OS and out of package apps leave you with under 5 GB left to store apps. Once again, currently the market in tablets supports units with 16 to 32 GB internal memory for about the same price as the Tab 3 7". The unit has a dual core 1.2 GHz processor, but its pretty slow for those specs and gets bogged down easily. Once again, in the same price range one can find tablets running faster processors of dual to quad core and 1.5 to 2 GHz.

The provided factory apps are enough to start with, but basic. Unfortunately, Samsung, like everyone else, wants to get you to their own app store for content (ebooks, movies, and other media) and so they have apps for these gateways. I don't see any advantage over Google Play and other options, and those extra apps just take up precious RAM space.

Like several others have mentioned, my unit has been a bit flaky so far. The auto screen brightness gets stuck in dim mode and won't come out of it unless I reset the brightness manually. The screen occasionally jitters for no apparent reason. The screen text size will suddenly decide to shrink while I am scrolling with one finger. For a while, when I asked the weather report, it gave me Cambridge Mass, even though I am on the west coast of Canada.

However, by far, the worst aspect of this tablet (besides the inflated price for its features) is Samsung's customer service. Their people are very pleasant, will promise you the world, and will deliver on nothing they promise. They do not advance your case even when they say they will, they do not email you back even when they promise, you can call them, email them, it makes no difference. They basically give lip service. Their "executive customer service" supposedly a second tier, is a joke. Do not expect any assistance from these people, you are on your own, whether it is a technical question or a warranty issue.

If you do not believe how bad their support is, Google Samsung Customer Service Reviews, their are literally thousands of complaints you can read.

If this tablet cost about half of its list price, I would probably give it 2-3 stars, but these days ratings are not just about what you get, but what you get for the price you pay, and how that compares to other products on the market, and so with that in mind, the one start seems appropriate. Lastly, for those of you who are wondering why I ended up with this device when I know what else is out there, it was unfortunately a gift. I just want to warn those of you who can select a tablet yourself, that you can do much better for the same money with other brands (and maybe even customer support that cares about you).

5.0 out of 5 stars Construction trades friendly, November 28, 2013
As a contractor on the go the Tab 3 offers all the features I require to stay competitive. From contact management to local suppliers apps the 4G LTE affords our supervisors and project managers a compact easy to use tablet. When combined with the Otterbox case and the Galaxy S4 our communications have improved ten fold. From office apps, the opportunity to view PDF files and the estimating applications we have bought this is definitely the tablet for us. Durable and long battery life are a huge plus as well as the small size that allows the device to be carried in a jacket pocket while on the job site are a huge plus. Manage multiple email accounts and view both personal and business mail in the same front page widget. Estimating apps sync well with the office desktops or laptops allowing for fast data transfer and by using the HP eprint app this has been great for interoffice correspondence. A real workhorse for the construction trades.