4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome
Published on January 25, 2012 by EpiphanyD

3.0 out of 5 stars Specs AWESOME! Reliability & Function, LACKING!!
Published 22 months ago by BJ

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, January 25, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II 4G Android Phone, White (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Where can I start? This is interesting phone. Literally a mini speedy tablet. This is my first android device so this came off a bit complex just trying to navigate. The exterior is totally plastic and unlike the black galaxy epic tough s2 this one does not have a textured back so that was a little disappointing. The performance is the fastest I have ever seen on a phone so I'm really glad i got this instead of the HTC EVO 3d. Every one around me has an htc phone so i wanted something different.

Pros:
Slim
4.5 Inch screen
extremely fast processor
great battery life
unique color
8 mp camera with flash
16 gb internal memory
fun apps
pro/cons:
Lightwieght (in my mind I equate heavier phone with better quality)
many preloaded sprint apps
cons:
plastic casing
Overall I am loving this phone I would definitely suggest buying a case to put this in because if it slipped out my hand it would damage some. I am good with my equipment so that has never been an issue. Awesome phone. Good Job Samsung!

Overall this phone is super

5.0 out of 5 stars IPhone clone --- Awesome CellPhone!, February 14, 2012
From a distant sight, it looks just like an iPhone especially if you go with the white cover. The performance and function is amazing. I have had several phones, including iPhone 4, epic and HTC Pro etc. but this is a better device hands down. The screen is crisp, the colors are sharp and it is quick. Compare it to a tablet. I have iPad 2 as well, which I don't use that more expect for Netflix and some hardcore tablet Apps.

However, for some the screen size (4.6") might be too big as at times it is inconvenient scrolling through the screen with one hand. The screen span is too big for thumb to navigate and touch all corners. For this reason, I liked the Samsung epic at 4.2" screen size. It was perfect for one-hand navigation although slightly heavier due to extra keyboard.

Recommendation: Buy it, it is the greatest smartphone out there for another 30 days! ;) Technology is moving so fast, you never know what is coming out next! This is not an investment but an expense. But you already knew that :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phones, March 8, 2012
This phone is great. The speed of the phone is super fast even with many apps installed and it blows the new evo out of the water completely. The screen is absolutely beautiful I use Netflix on this phone and shows and movies look great, far better than any other phone I have had from Sprint.

Cons- this phone does freeze occasionally on Netflix if hours of shows are played repetitively, but so far no other problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, March 20, 2012
I ordered this phone thru amazon wireless and the phone was delivered a day earlier than expected which was nice. I had not seen the phone other than online and was worried it might be too big. It is not. I really like the white, the weight, and it is super fast at loading everything. This is my 3rd smartphone and by far the best. I had an iphone, HTC Aria, and now this. Activating the phone was a bit time consuming. The first guy said he couldn't set up my account because there was already my ss# in the system. He transferred me to the fraud department. We figured out it was me from setting it up online thru amazonwireless.com fraud transferred me back to a woman who was credit check. Wrong person so she sent me to activation. I wanted to keep my old # so they had to call at&t to get approval. Ten minutes after approval I could turn my phone back on and things have been great since. Only took 5 people and an hour later my phone was activated. I'm giving 5 stars to the phone but sprint 4 only because even though I got tossed back and forth I was never on hold for more than 3 minutes so I knew they didn't forget about me. So far worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to bad..., February 23, 2012
M. Brindley (Franklin, TN USA) - See all my reviews
Nice phone, I like the hardware of coarse...only thing is, the exterior is lacking of a high quality phone. I went from an HTC HD7, which is a windows phone (7) platform, which is a single core phone...I thought it was of much better build quality personally. Other than that, it flies through apps with ease, nice internet browser as it has the typical droid browser. Overall I like this phone, but would have liked a much tougher/build quality to have been better with this phone. I would highly recommend a case for this phone, it's crying to be dropped and broken...

5.0 out of 5 stars One word: AWESOME, March 27, 2012
Millard A. Merles (Lake Havasu,AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I actually ordered and bought this phone from a sprint store. I watched tons video comparison of this to the iphone 4s and saw it has a faster processor (this may be also due to wifi) for web browsing and movie watching.But since I never actually owned an iphone I can't tell you from personal experience which phone is better.

What I do know is that this phone is freaking awesome. I don't have any cons. The reception at my job sucks, but I still get good reception with this phone, and unlike my previous phone (Blackberry 8530) I surfed the web and even the app store. I was able to Open Netflix and much much more(which my tablet wouldn't even do).

There are some great free apps. (games, business etc.) The voice command and voice talk programs are pre-installed and work like a charm. One will locate any business you tell it to, while the other does text and calling. Here's a good pros list:

Pros:

Great free apps
Voice text
Voice command
phone has a dual core processor
1080p video
8.0 MP camera w/ flash (very clear pictures)
has video chat capability
3G and 4G network
Good battery life (app. 6-8 hrs.)
Navigation
flash player (for watching online movies)
App. store allows for more downloads (music, games, apps)
Phone is set up like a mini tablet

Cons:

None

The phone is worth every penny. I text, game and use my applications consistently enough to know this phone is perfect (so far) and it looks and feels nice in my hands (very thin and light).

3.0 out of 5 stars Specs AWESOME! Reliability & Function, LACKING!!, October 25, 2012
BJ (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this device on Amazon seven weeks ago. Switched carriers and sought a cutting edge device at a modest price. The Galaxy S III looked and performed magnificently but the price gave me pause. Based on previous reviews, the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch was a definite contender. It was $10. I was already aware WiMax was being abandoned by Sprint. Sprint's 3G is slower (AVG:600 kbps using OOKLA's speedtest app) than the other carriers. However in the DC Metro region the 3G speeds were somewhat tolerable & voice was above average. Gorgeous AMOLED screen, great processor (no lag), great 8MP camera and TERRIBLE battery life. Guess three out of four "aint" bad. My device did develop problems after the 3rd week of ownership. Device would randomly display "Menu settings" without me touching the phone. Called Amazon and sent device back, new one arrived in 2 days. No problems thus far. However buyer 'BEWARE' I have read about this issue on the Sprint website review page. I am content (FOR NOW) with my purchase. There are definitely superior devices for Sprint such as the HTC EVO 4G LTE and SGS3 however a device with a 4.5" AMOLED screen, 1.2 GHZ dual-core processor, 8MP camera w/ Android 4.0.4 ICS is still very relevant. I protect it with the Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-D710) & US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S II (SCH-R760) **ONLY FOR SPRINT & US CELLULAR MODELS** [Retail Packaging] and store music, photos etc. on the Samsung MB-MPAGA 16 GB microSDHC Flash Memory Card. And using the APEX Launcher PRO improves user experience IMHO.

UPDATE: 1/7/2013

During months Nov. - Dec. the "Menu & Search" window issue returned. What has been frustrating is when the issue appears during gameplay. I wish to return the device. Now I believe I should have gone with the SGS3, which I likely will however on another carrier. Advice to anyone on the fence re: purchase of the SGS2 versus an EVO LTE 4G, SGSIII or iPhone, go with any of the latter.

5.0 out of 5 stars I absolutely love this phone!!, April 28, 2012
I switched from pre-paid JUST to get this phone. I honestly only have one complaint and that is the LED light. It will only flash maybe once every 10 seconds BUT I downloaded an application called flow light and it fixed that. The phone has an amazing display and is extremely fast. The messaging and application drawer was different from what I was used to but learned to love it. I would pick this phone over an Iphone anyday.

2.0 out of 5 stars Something is Wrong with Galaxy S2 Phones, April 22, 2013
This phone is terrible. Two other people I know have this phone and they all do the same thing. After about 4 months the phone turns on and off by itself, menu pops up at random while you are trying to do other things. Now it has started having a delay in receiving text messages. I took the phone back and got another one about 4 months ago and now it is doing the same thing. I loved it, now I hate it. Went backward and got the HTC Evo 4G. Even though it is an older phone, it is much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S II Best Ever for my taste., April 5, 2012
I heard a lot about the S II for some time. I, having the HTC 4G from sprint, thought all Androids were the same. but i recently did an Upgrade to the Galaxy S II and was very pleased and surprised how much better this one was to my HTC. the pros : fast, easy, brilliant screen, easy to add music to and the list just keep going. the Cons: well its light. LOL... i don't have anything yet to say bad about this device. i use my Bluetooth and it connected without issue. the size for me is fine. i like the screen and the battery life on this is crazy good. better than my HTC. I have been with Sprint for about 12 years. Ups and downs I stuck and I have to say I have been happy. called when i needed to and kept it moving. you will not go wrong with this device. the Android market place has everything you need. i got black at first but exchanged it for the White one. put a TPU case on it "Clear" of course with a holster and now its fully protected. no problems so far. Get it!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›