5.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA, GALEXY, EK-GC110 TRULY TOP OF THE LINE FOR CAMERAS
Published 14 months ago by Adler

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped
Published 14 months ago by Film Fanatic

5.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA, GALEXY, EK-GC110 TRULY TOP OF THE LINE FOR CAMERAS, October 11, 2013
I have reviewed a significant number of products , plus my current cameras that I have enjoyed. This camera really presents unbelievable options for "point-and - shoot". It also gives individuals the opportunity who like to manually adjust the functions of the camera. It's telescopic lens is very powerful and makes distance shooting a real pleasure. Picture quality is excellent.

I have no negatives but all positives. Here are some of the features that I really like:
1. Great Telescopic lens
2. The camera offers 3 modes. "Automatic", which is a simple point and shoot with the camera adjusting accordingly. "Expert", The feature allows you to do all the manual adjustments that you prefer. In using your adjustments, the camera even prompts you on the results expected to achieve with your adjustments. The graphics for adjusting your lens , a truly sensational. Any person can feel really comfortable using the "Expert" mode. This mode is really great for professional or advanced type of photographers.
"Smart " Mode. This is my favorite. There are 38 different scenarios. Some of these are , Sunset Pictures, Low Light Room, Snow Pictures, Portrait Pictures, which really enhance faces. I am not a photographer but enjoy cameras. I decided to take a sunset picture and set the camera in that mode. Unbelievable results. It was as simple as point and shoot. The camera will self adjust to the scenario and come up with a fantastic result. The "Panoramic Scenario" is super. If you take a picture of the horizon. You pan the camera across , taking 3 individual shots. Because the camera is GPS noted. It makes sure that each separate shot lines up with the previous pan shot. Again on my first try. I took some great panoramic pictures. On this type of shot, a tripod is easier to use. As mentioned above. 38 different preprogramed settings for your picture desire. I am now proud to show some of my pictures to my friends.

3. WiFi Feature. This is truly a benefit. As I will explain later you can use your camera as a Tab, Galexy, I-Pad. To continue. The Wifi Features allows you to send your picture to your computer. Or send, the picture by email or messaging to your friends, directly from the camera. I enjoy editing and do the like doing the work on my I Mac. When I come come, I just turn on the camera and and through Wifi send the picture to my Mac. This transfer is accomplished by a program called "Kies" , and is part of the cameras software package. The set up with your computer should be very easy.

4. Communications feature. This is a great feature. When you go shooting scenes , you will not need additional devices to communicate. E-mails, Messaging, Chatting, maps and location, GPS driving instructions, Web surfing, can all be done by the camera. That is what I call a real convenience. About the only down side is: this is not a phone. But, it has all the features for a camera including Tab, Galaxy, iPad , type of activities.

5. I had considered, getting a camera with attachable lenses. For my purposes, I am glad I got this. The variables a great and I don't have to fiddle with lens attachments .

6. The camera is a little bigger than your standard Point-and-Shoot camera but can fit into your pocket. The screen display is very easy to read. The software of the camera is really friendly and easy to work with. I chose the White color and get a lot of compliments on the aesthetic (design ) of the camera. It easily fits into your hand .

7. In addition, If you wish to edit your picture on the camera. The camera has a great software to really enhance the picture. Because of the great screen display, the editing is easy to do.

This camera, I also believe is a good choice for a professional type of photographer. I really believe that , Samsung has perfected a "top of the Line" point and shoot type of camera. I am very, very , pleased; and feel that this is a-- "Must Have",-- for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect camera for non-Smart phone people, December 10, 2013
Never pay retail (PUYALLUP, WA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Yes, it's true. I do not own a Smart Phone. I get by just fine with my old school, pre-paid flip phone. Do I envy those who have the entire World Wide Web in their pocket? Sure-but enough to pay $1200 per year? No way!

Enter the Samsung GC110 Galaxy Camera. Not only is this a feature packed camera with what our family calls "stalker zoom" capabilities, it has Android and Wi-Fi built in. It has all the features of a Smart Phone (except the phone) and no astronomical monthly bill.

THE CAMERA
What I like: You can choose to shoot in full auto, expert or preset modes. The presets are designed to give great results for specific situations like Landscape, waterfall, sunset etc. You can also shoot using effects for sepia, impressionist, comic and produce some really unique shots. Menu navigation is done through the touch screen and is pretty easy to figure out, though it will take some time to learn it well enough to make changes fast enough to capture a moment . As an alternative to the touchscreen, you can activate Samsung S Voice(tm) and speak commands for the camera to execute like "Shoot", "zoom out" or "record video". The 21x zoom is amazing. Just make sure to have your resolution on the highest setting for the best result. It's also nice that the camera has 8MG of internal memory in addition to a micro SD slot to accommodate high rez pics. Tip: Make sure to save your address book to the camera's memory rather than to the card so it will stay with the camera if you swap out film cards.
What I don't like: 1. The pop up flash is a disappointment. Even if you have the flash set to auto, you have to manually deploy the pop up flash or it will not fire. I'm going to have a lot of dark pictures because I'm used to the flash just doing it's thing without having to think about it. 2. The only way to recharge the battery is by plugging the entire camera with a cord to either your computer to a USB electrical outlet. You'll need to get extra batteries and an external charger or be severely limited in how much you can use the camera. See below for my recommendation of what charger to get. 3. Much of the camera operation is touch screen only. I'm going to have to invest in some touchscreen gloves for cold days. You can't even turn the camera off if you can't use the touchscreen. You can use the voice commands for some functions though, if you need to keep your mittens on.

BEYOND THE CAMERA
What I like: It is very cool to be able to instantly share pictures, provided there is wi-fi available. It is also extremely handy to have internet access on the go without lugging a laptop or tablet around. You can edit your shots right on the camera: crop, rotate, adjust color or apply borders or special effects after pictures are taken and the screen is actually big enough to be able to see what you're doing. Then you can either e-mail or upload them to Facebook, Dropbox or your favorite time-wasting social media site with ease. The camera comes with a voice search feature for Google that works like Siri. Ask for "pizza restaurants" and it will use the built in GPS to return results based on your location. There are some apps included- maps, navigation, weather and a host of others I have yet to investigate. My favorite so far is Paper Artist. You can take any picture and apply a range of different textures to make it look like a needlepoint tapestry or an oil painting.
What I don't like: I haven't found any way to set preferences on e-mail. For example, I'd like to only download today's mail or recent mail not every single e-mail since I turned it on a week ago. I wind up downloading mail I've long since read on my laptop and deleting it so it doesn't fill up the camera's memory.

ACCESSORIZE
I recommend the Hyperion Samsung Galaxy Camera EK-GC100 Charger ASIN: B00APZ8PF2. It is 10 bucks less than the Samsung charger and comes with 2 batteries instead of only one. I further recommend the rooCASE Neoprene Sleeve Carrying Case ASIN: B004SOYRE4. The custom cases for this camera look clunky and bulky and don't look like they even have pockets for extra batteries. The rooCASE is a perfect fit and provides cushion and protection without adding any weight or bulk. It also has a zipper pocket to securely hold extra batteries

IN SUMMATION
The camera ships with very little documentation. Though it's fairly intuitive, you'll want to go to the Samsung website and download the user guide because I guarantee you'll learn some things you would not have figured out on your own. While there, download the Kies software on your computer, which enables cool stuff like uploading your Outlook address book to the camera. I'm sure there are a ton of features I have yet to discover on this camera. What I've learned so far is enough to let me give it a hearty recommendation. I've been having a blast with it so far and I'm betting you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow what a camera!, September 26, 2013
This review is for the camera only, not the company 'Sunset Electronics' (I will explain at the end of this review) This camera exceeded my expectations. For those who were also wondering, this is a rechargable camera that uses the exact same charger as the samsung galaxy S4 and the samsung galaxy note and others I'm sure, I just happen to have those 2 samsung products. One of the reasons I chose this camera was to be able to connect and share with my other samsung devices. And it works perfectly. If you have been on the fence about getting a wi-fi camera GET OFF THE FENCE and buy one. My all time favorite feature is when I take a picture it is automatically sent to my dropbox account and sent to all of the my other devices including my my desktop and laptop where I can do final editing and what not. I make jewelry so I have to take several shots of each piece and I love that when I sit down at my desk all of the pics I took are already waiting for me to edit and upload to my online store. It just doesn't get easier than this. What else is cool is that it has the android operating system so you can even use it just like you do your tablet or android phone...play games, send email, etc. What more can I say, I love it!!!...with all that being said, I bought this from Sunset Electronics here on amazon. The 1st camera had a piece of dust inside the focusing lenses that caused a spot on the pics. I returned it, no big deal. Got the 2nd camera and this time the seal is broken on the box. Inside the box was a camera charger adapter for some other country...so I returned that one too and reordered a 3rd camera from 'Another Deal Site' seller. I can't be sure but I have a feeling that Sunset is selling refurbed cameras as new. This has been frustrating but in all honesty I rarely have problems with any of my many amazon orders. I will re-update when I get the 3rd camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUN and Amazing camera, December 23, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok i admit I'm a bit of a nerd and camera geek and I'm one who doesn't own a smart phone. For years I have wanted to play in the whole Instagram universe and all the other social networks. This camera/Tablet is a gap in between that bridge, this model is wifi only with no contract so if you have a wireless internet connection your good to go.

The camera has some very nice features and gives you great quality pictures, the zoom ability is amazing. I like how you have the option for a tripod mount for those photos that require a steady hand. The camera is easy to use with touch screen highlighting focusing so you have some control on your shots.

The set options on the camera have some interesting variety such as long exposure for a light blur from headlights on the street along with an interesting water flow setting. The fast shutter works well as long as you have a lot of light.

The manual camera control are also nice to have but a tad bit clunky but there if you need a special shot situation The ability to download other apps from the android store is a feature that really makes this camera shine.

With Apps like HDR Camera and Vintage Camera that allows you to shoot video and photos to look like a Super 8 camera. I really like the integration of Facebook Gmail, and Dropbox where you can easily upload and share photos right over your wifi.

The ability to upload right to my Flickr account (Pulp Life) is a dream come true with all my interaction and friends on Flickr I'm instantly connected. And finding a group on Flickr just for this camera was nice to see what others are pulling off with their cameras.

The battery life for me is around 3 hours but it is a large screen, along with it is a bit hard to see in direct sunlight. I really like the ease of use going back and forth between shooting and viewing the photos. With a push of the button you can view the picture and zoom into it and then just tapping the shutter button your right back into camera mode.

The flash has a easy access with just a push of the button it pops out instead of going into camera settings to turn it off or on like my Canon Powershot

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I'd hoped, October 13, 2013
Film Fanatic (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
I recently went on a trip to London, and I bought this camera after doing some research ahead of time. I was looking for a pocketable point-and-shoot that would still take some good photos, better than what I could get with my iPhone camera. While it performed admirably in certain scenarios, I was actually pretty frustrated by it at certain points. Here's what I noticed in pro/con format:

PROS:
-Excellent optical zoom
-Automatically uploaded photos to dropbox when connected to WiFi
-Has preinstalled memory, but can store photos on a memory card, too
-Manual photo modes (specifically Landscape and Deep Tones) produced some beautiful pictures. I took some amazing photos in York Minster using the deep tones filter, and the shots came out beautifully.

CONS:
-Flash has to be manually deployed if you want it used
-Flash burns LOTS of battery
-Bad photos in dark viewing conditions (the iphone camera suprisingly caught much better photos in these conditions)
-DIFFICULT FOCUS; inability to manually focus when autofocus wasn't working. This was especially noticeable when I tried to photograph some items in museums that were under glass/plexiglass. (iphone camera was superior here, too)
-Deceptive preview screen. Photos looked crisp on the preview screen, but turned out blurry when seen on full computer screen
-AWFUL PANORAMIC SHOTS. The camera takes multiple photos and uses a program to sew them together. Other cameras (including the iphone) will do this seamlessly as you move the camera. Unfortunately, the seams between photos showed in every picture, usually as 3-legged people, or repeating pieces of furniture.

In retrospect, I probably should've gotten a different camera, knowing the limitations of this one. I definitely don't plan on keeping it as I doubt it'll be useful for future trips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great and Easy to Use, August 15, 2013
Love the easy of use for the camera. Also, like how you are able to link the camera to your Galaxy phone and use it as a remote to take photos.

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera is amazing., October 30, 2013
I bought this camera because I was going to my favorite football teams game in a city half the country away. It was probably a once in a decade trip, and I wanted to record every moment.

The night time feature was amazing as I took pictures of the downtown skyline, and all the different old neighborhoods, but it was during the game when it excelled! The slow motion recording was just like a TV replay, and the action feature was cool too. You could make some really cool GIF files and have a little moving out of that too.

I am not a professional photographer, and wouldn't know a F stop from shutter speed, but with this camera I don't need to. What's really cool though is when you select one of the "macros" it tells you what the settings are, so I suppose I could learn if I wanted to, but I would rather just take awesome pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars This camera rocks my Galaxy!, December 19, 2013
I purchased this camera after a LOT of research.
Primarily used for a YouTube channel, I started with the mini Flip and Blogger, both had issues with freezing, not to mention low quality. As an incredibly busy and yet lazy person, it was easy.

As cameras got better and cheaper, I went to a snazzy purple JVC Everio, Cyber Shot, and a too complicated Canon Rebel.

Remember that I mentioned laziness?
After all that, I began to use my iPhone, and all the others are collecting dust. No more hours of editing, transferring, formatting, connecting to a laptop, etc.

Even with the external lens, the quality isn't the best, but who cares? I'm lazy!

I started to care, so started to research. This camera has been around for a while. Amazon indicates it was released for sale on its site in 2004, not THAT long of a while, clearly an error. Anyway, the original was re-released WITHOUT a 3G/4G connection in February of this year (2013). Translation...easy-peasy quality at a lower price.

This beauty in gleaming white has the best of all worlds. Choose from thousands on thousands of apps...apps for editing, posting, and more. Over 600,000 droid apps.
If you've used any tablet, any smartphone, this will be like an old friend the first time using it. If you haven't, you'll be amazed at the ease of learning the ins and outs.
Equipped with a good(but not great)lens, large camera/touch display. If you want a tiny camera, get one, but it will have a small display. If you're looking at this, you probably want this size, in every way.

If you do YouTube, Dropbox, etc., it couldn't be easier. Most common apps are preloaded, shoot your video and select via the touchscreen where you want it downloaded.

But even speaking as an iPhone gal, all the great stuff above, when combined with the #1 android device on the market today (the Samsung Galaxy), is pure magic. Talk about a dream marriage!

I went with the protection plan after reading how some people with the previous version had cracked the screen after dropping.

Lazy AND clumsy.

PS...If you have any questions about this camera I may be able to answer, just leave a comment and I'll do my best to help!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera with really cool connected features!, December 17, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I first saw this, I was excited to see exactly what could be done by combining a great camera with Android. I was very surprised at how great of an experience it could be.

The GREAT:
- Runs Android! My work app runs on the camera which means this could be very useful for people who need to capture vital images on the go, then email or sync them back to the office.
- Social is built in. With Android's sharing capabilities, you can capture a great picture and immediately share it with your friends. Now you are guaranteed to have the best food pictures of everyone you know. ;)
- The 21x zoom is quite good. I've gotten so used to digital zoom on my phone, that it is easy to forget just how great an optical zoom is at capturing good pictures from a short distance away.
- The screen is really nice. It is great to be able to see your images in such a large resolution, immediately after taking them.
- You can make capture images/movies and immediately edit them, without the need for a computer.
- Battery life seems great. We've used it over a couple of different trips and have not run out of juice while needing it. I've been pretty impressed with this, especially given the battery has to power the mechanical zoom, the aperture, and the large screen, in addition to the OS.

The OK+:
- Because it is a phone screen, it can be difficult to see the screen in direct sunlight. I compared the camera with my phone today, at the beach, and I was impressed. It was much easier to see the camera screen than my phone.
- The buttons are all really well placed, but it can be easy to accidentally hit the screen while trying to use the camera, which could do a number of different things based on where you hit the screen.

The IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER:
- The size of the camera is a little large to fit in your pocket. It does fit in mine, but it would have been nice if they could have made it slightly smaller.
- The camera is a little heavy. Again, making it a bit smaller would have helped with this.

Overall, I really like this camera. Is it worth $400? If you are looking for a great point and shoot and think you would find the connectedness of the phone fun, then definitely yes! It took great photos and my wife and I have had a blast playing with all of the features. Think “paper camera” with an actual camera! You can get a quality camera for cheaper, but I doubt you will get as much fun out of it as you will with this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good choice for the average photographer., December 2, 2013
I am a semi professional photographer. I got quite excited about this Wi-Fi camera when a fellow traveler used it and asked me to take picture of her with this camera. Later I read all the overrated specifications on the camera and decided to order it. After receiving it learned all the different features and took hundreds of pictures to test the camera. Most of the features worked great but some of them were quite disappointing. The camera comes in a neat small box but without a manual! Only a few very simple instructions are enclosed on how to take your first picture. You have to go to Samsung's website to download the 177 pages manual. The manual is well written and I highly recommend for everybody to read it page by page and to test every feature.
The camera is larger and heavier than the average point-and-shoot cameras. It fits easily into a jacket's pocket. Love the large 4.8" display screen, which is quite bright and easy to read. However outdoors, especially in sunny conditions it is very dark and hard to see or read anything. You have to pump up the ISO rating if you want to take any decent picture in dark conditions. At a low 100 ISO setting the photos will be dark! The 21x optical lens is just acceptable for me. The pictures are blurry at maximum zoom setting.
The Wi-Fi connection is terrific. I was able to send pictures via email at least 50 times without fail. Works flawlessly with any one of the apps on the camera. You must make sure that you have Wi-Fi connection! You can take (panoramic mode setting) several overlapping photos to create a panoramic photo, which is stitched together in the camera. The resulting wide photo looses its sharpness. You can get a much better, sharper panoramic photo if you take several overlapping individual photos and stitch it together in Panorama Maker app. or similar other programs. The camera is a power hog, especially if you take a lot of pictures with flash. Must keep a fully charged extra battery on hand.
This camera is a perfect choice for a novice or average photographer, but be prepared for a lot of learning and testing.
Sharp eye eagle.