5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Desktop Dock (EDD-D1B1BEGXAR)
Published on September 10, 2011 by RENDERKING

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed
The USB plug is thin and flimsy i can see it needing to be replaced before long.... It is also awkward trying to insert and remove.
Published on October 3, 2011 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy Desktop Dock (EDD-D1B1BEGXAR), September 10, 2011
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Desktop Dock (EDD-D1B1BEGXAR) (Personal Computers)
Once you get over the fact that it's just a dock, without the charger, it's a great item that I've owned for a few weeks now. Quality is good, holds the tablet securely, and am thinking about picking up another for beside my PC. The only peripherals you can connect to the dock is a single proprietary Samsung cable and the aux cable to speakers, that's it, but I knew that going into the purchase. HDMI pass through feature requires an additional cable. I would still recommend to those that do not want to just leave their tablet laying around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says it will - good buy, September 21, 2011
Paul Q (Phoenix, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
I have no idea why these people rate this so poorly because it doesn't have something it never claimed to have. Does it say it includes the $20+ cable and plug? No. Do you actually expect to get the cable, adapter AND dock for under $25?

EVERYONE - this is a nice dock for charging your Tab. It basically does everything the USB cord does, it just adds a stand. It does NOT have HDMI support which is part of the higher priced dock (and it doesn't say it does in the description). It does add an audio jack for speakers if you want to dock it and use it as a music player.

You will have to use the cable and adapter that came with your Tab.

This deserves 5 stars because it does EXACTLY what it claims to do. Good quality build too. Don't pay attention to the other ratings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value - Altered for My Galaxy Note 10.1, October 22, 2013
The galaxy Note 10.1 does NOT fit because of it's length. I cut out the sides with my Dremel tool and now the Note 10.1 fits perfect!
In fact you can't even tell I altered it unless you look really close and the fast it's 1/5th the price of the galaxy 10.1 note stand I'm loving it. I might even buy a second one just for the office.

My friends samsung tablets fit in it also, even the small ones that have the same plugs.

Holds the screen up, it's solid and haven't had any issues with it.

Doesn't come with the cord but that's ok I bought one for a couple dollars.

Altering it.
If you want to modify it follow the other reviews, but be warned, you should have someone do it that has experience.

Tips
- It's plastic take your time or it will melt and warp.
-Cut out just the sides, if you want grind the front and back down a little where it curves that's fine, but you need them! Don't get rid of them!
-If it doesn't sit good, time to grind a little bit more away.

I'm in IT so it took me about 5 min, might take others longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars look i like it, February 24, 2012
I know it does not come with a cable and it may not support a unit with a screen protector however this is a nice accessory for my tab 10.1 it charges and sits the tab upright. i am really happy with it despite all of the negative reviews as it really is a very attractive dock! i almost did not buy this because of all the negative reviews but i am so glad i did love it!! to sum it up "It is what it is" a dock and quite a nice one at that!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly constructed, October 3, 2011

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, May 30, 2012
BE ADVISED: This dock does NOT work with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. I'm not sure what changed between the first model and this new one, but it does not seat all the in the cradle. It stops just shy of the male connector. I bought two, one for the bedroom and one for the office. Same results for both.

That being said, the dock is very well made and I was very happy with the overall quality but it just doesn't work with the new Tab 2.

When I purchased this the description on Amazon actually stated it would work with the Tab 2. That description is now gone so I'm guessing others have made the same mistake.

3.0 out of 5 stars works great as long as you modify it, August 11, 2013
My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 wouldn't fit (no screen protector or case on it) in the stand right out of the box, but I figured for 8 bucks I'd see if I can modify it to make it work. 5 minutes later and it fits like a glove. I ended up cutting the sides and sanding them down. Now it's not trying to muffin top anymore.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice dock, fits well to my expectations, August 22, 2011
I read a very bad reviews about this product, but most if then were related to the a absence of a charging cable. For me that's not a deal breaker, so I purchase it.
Until now I'm still quite happy, I use it with my tab10.1 charger on my night table and looks pretty nice.
I have no complains on the quality and I would recommend this to a friend.

1.0 out of 5 stars A dock that comes without the cable to connect it to anything????????, June 27, 2011
This is ridicules and Samsung should be slapped for selling a Dock without the cable.
The whole reason I bought this thing is so I could have it at home to connect and charge my G-Tab and have the cable that came with the G-Tab stay with it so I can connect and charge the tablet when I'm away from home.
Whats the point of the Dock if you have to crawl under the desk and remove the cable each time you are taking the G-Tab out of the house!

Also unlike the Xoom's Dock, this one will NOT work with any type of cover I'm aware of for G-Tab.
Right - I want to take the tablet out of the cover every time I want to change it??????

I can't believe that a company that came up with such a great tablet (Other than the proprietary cable), can't make even a mediocre accessory!

1.0 out of 5 stars Completely pointless, July 12, 2011
Zero stars. It's an expensive plastic stand that's not portable and doesn't come with a cable to boot. There are stands available that serve as a cover as well (a la the iPad2 cover); there's also the keyboard dock, which I think is unnecessary for me, but at least serves a purpose for some people. This is completely pointless. It'll cost $5 by the end of the year. AVOID>

Samsung Galaxy Desktop Dock (EDD-D1B1BEGXAR)
$24.99 $10.00