A premium Android-powered smartphone, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint has been designed to deliver the best multilayered entertainment experience thanks to its superior speed and display innovation. Powered by one of the fastest processors on the market--the new 1.2 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos, the Epic 4G Touch runs on Sprint's ultra-fast 4G network (as well as 3G networks where 4G isn't available yet) for lighting quick access to movie downloads, games, and thousands of applications.
A premium Android-powered smartphone, the Samsung Epic 4G Touch for Sprint has been designed to deliver the best multilayered entertainment experience thanks to its superior speed and display innovation. Powered by one of the fastest processors on the market--the new 1.2 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos, the Epic 4G Touch runs on Sprint's ultra-fast 4G network (as well as 3G networks where 4G isn't available yet) for lighting quick access to movie downloads, games, and thousands of applications--all without buffering or lag time.
The Samsung Epic 4G Touch with brilliant 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display (see larger image).
8-megapixel camera on the back with
Full HD 1080p video capture.
Samsung Epic 4G Touch
At a Glance:
- 4G connectivity
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen
- 16 GB memory
- 8-MP camera, HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Stereo Bluetooth (3.0)
- Personal/corporate e-mail
Enjoy on-the-go entertainment with the large 4.52-inch touchscreen and unrivaled Super AMOLED Plus technology offering deeper, richer color for a bright and vivid display. The Epic 4G Touch also includes an 8-megapixel camera/camcorder with auto-focus and flash that shoots video with incredible detail in full HD 1080p resolution, plus a 2-megapixel front-facing camera that's perfect for self-portraits or video chat.
It runs on Sprint's expanding 4G network, offering simultaneous voice and data connectivity and download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, the phone can still connect to 3G data services in areas not currently served by Sprint's 4G network (learn more about Sprint's 4G network below). The phone also includes Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking plus Mobile Hotspot capability for sharing your 3G/4G connection with up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously.
Other features include a 16 GB internal memory (with expansion up to 32 GB via optional microSD cards), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation via built-in Google Maps and location-based services (plus access to the optional Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn service), personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 6 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
Despite being one of the thinnest smartphones on the market--measuring just 0.38 inches thin-- the Epic 4G Touch is packed with a bevy of Samsung technological innovations and exclusive features.
- The 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display has a 50 percent higher pixel density, resulting in excellent textual clarity and even better graphics. The Super AMOLED Plus display is also razor thin, helping to reduce the overall size of the Epic 4G Touch, and it also helps to reduce power consumption by 18 percent.
- Samsung's TouchWiz user interface provides superior multitasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience. Features include direct access to music player's controls and to missed events, calls, and messages from the lock screen.
- The 1.2 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos processor includes five graphics cores (compared to just one in many of today's dual-core mobile processors), which helps both multitasking and Internet browsing as well as smooth Full HD 1080p video rendering.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Infuse 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account.
Ultra-fast 1.2 GHz dual-core processor perfect for gaming and viewing HD videos.
Super svelte at just 0.38 inches thin.
Down to Business
While the Epic 4G Touch is ideal for mobile multimedia, it's also packed full of top-of-the-line enterprise functionality as well as access to corporate e-mail (with full support of Exchange ActiveSync). The on-device encryption function offers a hardware-accelerated algorithm for superior performance. Other enterprise features include:
- Cisco AnyConnect Virtual Private Network (VPN) for reliable, easy-to-deploy encrypted network connectivity.
- Cisco WebEx Meetings allows you to meet anywhere at anytime in a secure environment. View documents and applications, plus share screens with live annotations. You can also choose to chat privately or with everyone in the meeting.
- Sybase Afaria mobile device management, which provides over-the-air deployment of software as well as remote device wipe should it become lost.
The Samsung Epic 4G Touch weighs 4.55 ounces and measures 5.1 x 2.7 x 0.38 inches. Its 1800 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 8.7 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 4G network as well as the 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Epic 4G Touch handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Epic 4G Touch runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Epic 4G Touch also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Sprint's Blazing Fast 4G Network
Sprint 4G offers a faster wireless experience than any other U.S. national wireless carrier, and Sprint is the only national carrier offering wireless 4G service in 32 markets (with more coming online soon). Sprint 4G delivers download speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, giving this mobile phone the fastest data speeds of any U.S. wireless device available today. As of August 2011, Sprint offers 4G service in 71 markets in 28 states.
Sprint 4G services dramatically increase download speeds for photos, videos and large files. You can download a favorite song, picture, sitcom or large video in seconds, not minutes, or watch live streaming video--all while on the go, not just from the home or office. Additionally, businesses can benefit from the fast connectivity speeds of 4G. Some examples include:
- Real estate agents can conduct virtual property tours.
- Construction teams using 4G in the field can save valuable time by sharing schematics with engineers online.
- Insurance companies can speed their claims management through real-time communication with on-site adjusters.
- Health care professionals can improve their ability to remotely monitor patients.
- Emergency first responders can rapidly assess and coordinate disaster action with real-time on-site video and audio.
- Photojournalists can instantly transfer high-resolution images to the newsroom.
- Ultra-fast 4G connectivity with simultaneous voice and data capability (peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps)
- 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) in areas not yet served by 4G (peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps)
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Built-in mobile hotspot functionality allows up to five Wi-Fi enabled devices to share the 3G or 4G experience on the go with a laptop, camera, music player, game unit, video player, or any other Wi-Fi enabled device.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Samsung Exynos processor
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels; 16 million color depth)
- MicroUSB port (with HDMI output capabilities)
- Removable battery
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB RAM
- 8-megapixel rear camera with auto-focus and flash.
- Full HD 1080p video capture
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera for self portraits and video chat.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, WMV, H.264, H.263
- Access to Sprint TV & Movies
- Vlingo Voice Talk allows you to give your Epic 4G Touch voice commands, including voice dial, text message, navigation, music, Web browsing and search.
- Task Manager enables you to view and close active applications and any items that have been downloaded, plus check on memory usage via the Task Manager widget.
- Samsung Social Hub allows you to transfer e-mail, instant messaging, contacts, calendar, and social network connections--including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts--into Feeds and Messages folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into comprehensive lists.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.