5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review of the Epic 4g Touch
- Updated 10/19/11 -

This is by far the best phone I have ever used. My previous phone is a EVO 4g so luckily i got renewed after a year.

This is my own personal review based on experiences with my EVO 4g, my friends's ip4 and this Epic 4g touch.

By far, Epic 4g touch wins by a mile.

Initial impressions:
1. Its light as...
Published on September 18, 2011 by ED

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchase At Your Own Risk!
EDIT: As of 1/5/2012 I am now highly recommending this device, providing certain conditions are met, as described in my update below. If you would like to review the issues history, read on; if not, jump down to the 1/15 update

On paper - this phone is amazing. And in many ways it is. The screen is brilliant (and surprisingly manageable given its large size)...
Published on October 19, 2011 by Andrew G

‹ Previous | 14 5 619 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone but it has some minor problems, November 8, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
This phone is awesome! It's not perfect though.

PROS:

1. Amazing graphics. Makes gaming and everything else incredible.

2. Perfect camera quality.

3. Battery life is good.

4. I like the size.

5. Calls come in perfect!

6. Hardly ever lags.

CONS:

1. Sometimes it can freeze. But I can always fix that by pressing the power button.

2. The menu comes up out of nowhere. Even when I don't press the menu button.

It's a great phone and these problems are very minor.

5.0 out of 5 stars User Friendly, Sharp Smartphone!, November 6, 2012
I have had this phone since 3/2012, and it is simply amazing. I have had the iPhone 1, 3g, and 3gs, and there is no comparison. Those in the know buy Android phones. At the time I had the other phones, the only comparable Android phone was the Droid series, but you could pretty much only get them from Verizon (which is great but costs more for comparable plan). With ATT which I'd had for years, it was Apple or Blackberry. When I left my family's ATT plan to buy my own, first of all, I immediately chose Sprint, no contest. Lower price, one of the Big 3 carriers, and as of March when I was shopping, ONLY one of them offering truly unlimited 4g. Bingo. My biggest problems with iPhones was 1)they are not customizable, you may not add capacity with sd cards or new battery. Annoying for something you bought and paid for. And 2)doesnt support Flash. Thats a TON of the internet thaf you can't access or see. If I'm paying for data, I want to use it. I was blown away by the size of the crisp HD screen, the speed, and the convenience of having settings, home, back, and search buttons built in at the side, saves a lot of clicking around. Just use one of these for a day then try to go back to an iPhone..you'll be pulling your hair out! I am constantly being stopped and.complimented on how cool this phone is. A neat bonus: the photo quality is awesome! And sharing is a breeze. All I can say is, Apple had better watch out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I've ever owned, September 29, 2012
I've had my S2 for over a year now, and despite the allure of the S3, am still amazingly satisfied with the return on every dollar spent on it.

PERFORMANCE:
Forget spec comparison games, real-world use is what matters. And this phone never disappoints, even when multi-tasking 5-7 apps.

EASE OF USE:
If you're used to iPhone or smaller phones, it takes a couple of months to get used to the giant form-factor, but you'll never want to go back. The Samsung customization's of Android add some needed structure to the oft-random world of the Android OS. (I prefer this to Motorola and HTC models I've used.)

BATTERY LIFE:
Herein lies the rub. It used to be respectable; a full day of use and pulling data for WiFi/4G apps. But, after Sprint pushed down the ICS update, I'm luck to get 4-5 hours of the same without plugging it in. Still tweaking the setting to see what might be causing this, but I've heard ICS users of the S3 don't have this problem.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone, September 12, 2012
After reading the hundreds of comments about this phone and dancing back and forth I brought my wife one and she loved hers so much I got one too.I love everything about this phone except for the fact that you cant turn off the shutter sound on the camera but other than that I would highly recommend this phone to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Love This Phone, September 6, 2012
This is my first smartphone and I've had it almost a year. We have been Sprint customers for 15+ years. We have stayed with Sprint due to exceptionally competitive calling plans. As long as you recognize that Sprint's market is primarily urban and along Interstate highways and that meets your needs, then Sprint is great. Now with their unlimited roaming plans it's great no matter where you are. Now, on to the phone...this is my first smartphone. Over the past year as I have used more and more features I've found it to be very well designed and easy to operate. I will say the software change pushed right before the patent case decision was not useful and degraded the efficiency of many of the system functions of the phone. For example, a speed dial call now takes 3 keystrokes vs. two before the update. Battery life is great. Dropped calls are not any more of an issue than they are for my friends on competing networks. The only deficiency I have found with this phone is the antenna...often I will have one or more fewer bars of Sprint service than my other family members who also have Sprint but have different phones...that tells me it is a phone issue, not a Sprint network issue. As for app crashing and GPS getting lost that others have complained about, I discovered that just like most computers, this phone has to be turned off and turned back on every few days to keep it running at optimum efficiency. As long as I turn it off periodically, I have no problems. I have liked this phone so much, I wish I was eligible for an upgrade so I could get an S3 but I'll just have to wait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Phone, August 29, 2012
Got the phone for my girlfriend as a early birthday gift and she loves it. She always had a Samsung phone and then switched to a LG now back again. You can't get her to put it down. One of the best phones ever. The specs is awesome and the camera takes beautiful pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy cow! So this is what I've been missing!, August 18, 2012
ARH (The Shadow of the Tetons) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
I have technically owned a cell phone for years now, but due to the fact that we also have had a string of three teenagers in the house over the past, well, several years, I have seldom actually carried or used a cell phone extensively. This past spring, however, our third teen, the one who habitually made off with my cell phone most regularly, graduated from HS and is off to college in less than a month. So I decided that it was time to get a cell phone of my own, one that's hands-off to the kids, et al.

This means that for the most part, I've effectively leapfrogged at least a few generations of cell phones and jumped into the world of smart phones with both feet.

A learning curve definitely exists, but I'm climbing it nicely, and am completely enjoying this unit.

I do have to admit that the phone is actually a bit larger than I would prefer, but at the same time the screen size and quality is amazing.

The buttons at the bottom of the phone are largely intuitive, and within a few minutes I'd figured out how to call, text, email, etc. OK, the guy at the Spring store actually set up my email (because it's linked to my work email) for me, but my wife linked into her gmail account with no problem.

There are some things that are NOT intuitive, though, like how to forward text messages, but I figured that out. There is a nice use manual that comes with the unit, as well as on-line support, but just playing with the thing is probably the best way to get it figured out.

I LOVE being able to access my phone, text, and email all in one device. Plus having access to the internet and a huge array of apps makes this a VERY useful tool AND entertainment device.

The area where I live has only 3G, but I like that the phone has capability for 4G as well.

It's not that I don't know how I got along without this phone before - I know how I did - but now that I have it, I am REALLY enjoying it!

Let's see...what else. With heavy usage I have been getting about 4-6 hours per battery charge.

All in all this is a fantastic bit of technology, and I'm glad I have it. Cheers!

So far - 5 stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung s2, July 29, 2012
Just got this phone three days ago could of got the Samsung s3 but I didn't like the physical button and I counld of got the HTC evo 4 lte but its can't connect to 4 g until late this year...but I got this and its perfact

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless Smartphone, July 21, 2012
This device is the smoothest, most customizable phone on the market other than the Galaxy S3. Whoever say the display is choppier than the iphone4, obviously has a flawed device & needs to exchange it ASAP. Its just as smooth & on heavy loaded websites its actually smoother than the iphone. Go to sprint & use them side by side. Touchwiz has 0 lag & 3rd party launcher run flawlessly as well. Try it out & see for yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S2, July 11, 2012
This is by far the greatest phone I have ever purchased. The pros: Super quick, plays games perfectly with little to no glitching (never has glitched on me), camera is wonderful, speakers are great for it's size, has plenty of storage space in phone for music and movies. The cons: a bit bulky especially with a case (I purchased an Otterbox Defender Series Case), and I recently had to take it in to sprint for a hardware/software problem not caused by myself. They were able to replace the phone for free with the exception of shipping/handling and I got it the next day due to the 1 year warranty Samsung provides for the phone. I did not have insurance on the phone either. The problem was that it was saying it was charging but was not plugged in, when I turned the phone completely off it restarted automatically and then the computer wouldn't recognize it when I plugged it in via USB which I never previously had a problem with. Problem was resolved when I received my new phone.

‹ Previous | 14 5 619 | Next ›