5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review of the Epic 4g Touch
- Updated 10/19/11 -

This is by far the best phone I have ever used. My previous phone is a EVO 4g so luckily i got renewed after a year.

This is my own personal review based on experiences with my EVO 4g, my friends's ip4 and this Epic 4g touch.

By far, Epic 4g touch wins by a mile.

Initial impressions:
1. Its light as...
Published on September 18, 2011 by ED

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchase At Your Own Risk!
EDIT: As of 1/5/2012 I am now highly recommending this device, providing certain conditions are met, as described in my update below. If you would like to review the issues history, read on; if not, jump down to the 1/15 update

On paper - this phone is amazing. And in many ways it is. The screen is brilliant (and surprisingly manageable given its large size)...
Published on October 19, 2011 by Andrew G

‹ Previous | 17 8 918 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter trash, February 9, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I loved this phone, but I've just got my third one ordered through a protection plan because they keep breaking. The first one had a serious hardware failure and the second one has a host of problem from a loose usb charger connection to that unwanted driving mode that got forced down my throat. I can't even back up my stuff onto an SD Card. When this phone breaks, it breaks hardcore. It lasts for about 6 months before all the problems come rolling in, it's really hard not to smash it from anger. Samsung really put out a high-tech piece of china. It's not like I abuse the phone either. I just carry it around in my pocket all day. Why is that so much to ask that a phone be worth what I pay for it? Really hope they let me switch phones after the next one breaks because with a 100% failure rate, it will.

Ultimately I long for the day when an EMP strike wipes out technology as we know it. I'm so sick of having to carry around a cell phone. As soon as my contract is over I'm getting rid of it. Thats right, this phone pisses me off so much I never want a cell phone again. Screw you Samsung.

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Dissapointment!, May 17, 2012
Bigmac (Florida, United States) - See all my reviews
We had the Samsung Galaxy and that worked pretty well so when I saw the ads for the Galaxy II with bigger screen, faster processor, and more features I was excited. At first it worked well, but then I had constant problems with Swype-no matter how I adjust the settings-Swype almost always chooses the wrong words. If I talk into the mic to use speech recognition again it almost always uses the wrong words.

Aside from that the battery life is pathetic. Within one month the battery would last only three hours on a charge. Sprint told me I would have to call Samsung, but Samsung said they never replace batteries even if it is one day old and defective. Don't think this kind of lousy service would happen with Apple.

In addition, the phone is having constant brain farts where it freezes up for no reason-and sometimes they can last ten minutes. I also has brain farts while texting where you try to Swype a letter on the left side of the keyboard and it will not recognize it.

Finally, the reception is much worse than the Galaxy one and so is the volume control to the point of barely being able to hear someone. The Iphone may not have the large screen but I'd rather have quality than a big heap of garbage that has all sorts of bells and whistles-most of which do not even work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sprint Epic 4G Touch, May 9, 2012
Having had cell phones since they became affordable to the average consumer, I have to say "How long has the future been here and what have I been doing since then?"
Played around with friends' Iphone 4, and 4s and they are nice. Apple really set the bar high for cell phones, but haven't really moved since then. Samsung really stepped up on this one. The phone can call, it can text (you can just speak and it will write the text for you), it also has a wicked swype option that makes finger texting so much easier, it can film a video and then post it to Youtube, it plays games, it has so many options I just can't see making you read about all of them. Battery life with heavy use is relative to how the phone is connected, but you need to remember that this device is more powerful than the first laptops. After it finished initial charge at 17:30 I spent the next six hours setting it up, using the phone, watching vids, texting, downloading books and games for free, playing said games, and at around 23:30 I had 16% left and it recommended I top it off. How is that even possible? Six hours! Ridiculous. It has a decent heft but so thin! How did they sandwich all those squirrels inside? I am completely blown away. This is only day two, so it still has time to catch fire and explode, but until it does that, it will be the most EPIC device I have ever purchased. Video chat? Yeah it has that. So amazing.

EDIT-So now it is over four months later, let's review. Battery life seems to be less with the latest upgrade, but they ARE ten bucks AND you can replace them yourself you GENIUS you. Also, the processor does get a bit hot from time to time, mostly in 4G. It has crashed while running an app or two. What micro pc/phone doesn't? That said, still chugging away like a boss. The plastic case seems engineered to come off in a fall. No damage yet, several tumbles on linoleum, concrete, asphalt, and even a sofa. Oh, and no case for me thanks. This thing really doesn't look it, but it is pretty tough. Ninja Phone. Sits right in any pocket. Why hasn't the glass scratched yet? Just what did they do to those gorillas? Don't fear this thing if you have no skills. You can figure it out. If you have smallish hands then this is a mini tablet for sure. My hands are on the larger side and it is perfect for me. The Swype feature can help even sausage fingers text like crazy. What an amazing device. I just rubbed the screen with my t-shirt. Looks brand new. Works like it was new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone to replace my iPhone, December 30, 2011
I love the huge Super AMOLED screen - very vibrant and saturated. The phone is still very pocketable. The battery is good but not great. I wish they have a white phone version. I had initial problems with reception but firmware update seems to do the trick. Sprint 4G service is spotty and slow.

Galaxy vs. iPhone 4s
Advantages:
* Screen size
* Screen technology
* Battery life
* Twice more RAM

Disadvantages:
*No Siri

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, Love, Love this Phone, December 4, 2011
I am one of those people who read every review that I can get my hands on before buying big ticket items. To be honest, I was vacillating between the new iPhone and the Galaxy S II. I would stop in at our local Sprint store to check out the features of the phones and what other reviewers had commented on. With that said, I chose the Samsung over the iPhone and could not be happier with my decision.

Here is what I especially like about this phone:

--It is extremely light weight.
--It is easy to maneuver between the different apps.
--The battery life is pronominal (I charged it when I first got the phone, used it all the next day, calling, texting, emailing and playing games and STILL have not had to recharge it)!
--It links with my Samsung tablet.
--In a pinch, I can use the phone as a hotspot.

The only draw back (and this really isn't a draw back) is that there are few cases for this phone to protect it or to clip it on a belt.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSOME!!!!, November 20, 2011
I have enjoyed everything about this phone in very way. I matched up against other friends phones, watched reviews on Attack of the Show as well as other shows, used it for personal and business use, and have been happy in every way. Apps, camera, video, natigation, contact lists.... Everything.... Perfect!

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy 2 Epic 4g, December 8, 2013
Debbie Klauck (Fond du Lac, WI United States) - See all my reviews
Purchased 2 of these phones last year 1 for myself and the other for my daughter. The phone has a great screen and is fast. Easy to use and has a nice feel. Tje problem is in less then 1 year both of them have had to be replaced for the same reason. The charging port on both burned out. My daughters within 9 months and mine just under 1 year. The employee at Sprint also stated they have seen alot of them coming back for the same reason. The phone functioned great but it's a high cost for less then a year of being able to use it.

2.0 out of 5 stars All and all, a terrible device!, January 25, 2013
This phone is junk! I will never buy another Samsung phone again.
The force closes on almost all applications on a daily basis are frustrating but not a deal breaker. The message that pops up ever 20 seconds saying "insufficient voltage" is. Not only does it ruin my battery life (the screen stays on from the pop up) it is annoying! Every 20 seconds, no matter what, the message pops up with an accompanying sound. It drives me nuts. I already had the device replaced. But a few months later the new device is doing it too! Now Sprint doesn't want to replace it because it's somehow my fault. I hate being bullied by big corporations like this, and there's nothing I can do about it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superior phone!, May 8, 2012
This is simple to use! I love the fact I can get to option settings easily. The navigator is awesome, too. I love the camera on this phone as well. I don't have a lot of money and it fits nicely into my budget.

5.0 out of 5 stars def one of the best phones out right now!!!, May 1, 2012
When i first got the galaxy s2 epic 4g touch, i was a little worried like most about the screen size and how annoying it may become, but that wasnt the case! When the phone was in my pocket i could hardly notice it for the fact it was so slim and nearly weight less. its extremely durable and the screen wont crack or break like an iphone when first dropped. to which bought me because every one i know with an iphone has cracked there phone more then once just by the littlest drop. phone speed is great and all in all is the best android iv ever owned and compared to others sprint provides is second to none (for the time being)!
I strongly recommend this phone if your a sprint user

‹ Previous | 17 8 918 | Next ›