5.0 out of 5 stars Quick review of the Epic 4g Touch
- Updated 10/19/11 -

This is by far the best phone I have ever used. My previous phone is a EVO 4g so luckily i got renewed after a year.

This is my own personal review based on experiences with my EVO 4g, my friends's ip4 and this Epic 4g touch.

By far, Epic 4g touch wins by a mile.

Initial impressions:
1. Its light as...
Published on September 18, 2011 by ED

2.0 out of 5 stars Purchase At Your Own Risk!
EDIT: As of 1/5/2012 I am now highly recommending this device, providing certain conditions are met, as described in my update below. If you would like to review the issues history, read on; if not, jump down to the 1/15 update

On paper - this phone is amazing. And in many ways it is. The screen is brilliant (and surprisingly manageable given its large size)...
Published on October 19, 2011 by Andrew G

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Some downsides----but overall it's the phone you WANT TO GET!!!, March 29, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch 4G Android Phone, Black (Sprint) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I had a Motorola Blur before I got this phone. I am so glad I got this phone this time around. It IS really nice having the best phone on the market.

PROS
1. Camera.
First of all, probably the thing about this phone is the camera. It's better than my point-and-shoot camera. It has like 0.2 less megapixels than my handheld camera, but the quality is LOADS better and SO much sharper on the phone. My mom couldn't stop commenting about the picture quality. Another plus is that you can turn the camera around to face yourself. That is handy when you're trying to get a picture of yourself or someone else with you.

2. The alarm.
I like the nice little touch that programmers added onto this phone. There is a "smart alarm" option. It's a calming, relaxing tone that starts about 5 minutes before your actual alarm goes off to gradually wake you up.

3. Customization options.
Remember on your old Android how if you wanted to rearrange your home screens you had to move each individual app to each screen? Now you don't have to do that. If you decide you want the right screen to the left of the home screen, you can just move that entire page to the left and move the left to the right of the home screen. No more rearranging millions of apps to change the pages.

4. The app page
The app page swipes to the sides, instead of scrolling up and down. It's MUCH faster and everything is more easily accessible because you SEE what's there instead of trying to see it as it scrolls past you!

5. App tracker.
There's a task manager that easily shows you how many apps are running and you can exit them with the click of a button. Alot easier than what Android had before.

CONS
1. The lock button.
It's on the side, but you get used to it.

2. There's no HDMI port.
You can get an adapter, but it doesn't come with a port. Kind of disappointing for a phone of this caliber.

3. Battery life.
Need I say more?! But it's a given. This phone has so many capabilities but I do find the battery dying. I put it on airplane mode during work when I'm not using it and that helps. But still. It would probably only last about 6 hours MAX if you were on it constantly. I would always keep a charger with you if you are on the go.

4. Moving the apps.
Ok so you can move the screens around. But on my Blur I could hover over an app while moving another and that app would move out of the way so I could drop the app I was moving. That is NOT the case on this phone. Which is rather annoying and the #1 thing I don't like about this phone. You have to move the app in the way and then move the app you wanted to move initially.

So just some sidenotes.....

--Phone Size.
I didn't think I would like how large this phone is. I bought the Blur because it was small and would fit in my pocket. I have small hands and I didn't like the feel of my boyfriends' Droid X. I got my phone and it's SO much bigger than the Droid X. But EVERYONE comments on the screen size and how bright it is. It IS rather nice. I didn't think I would like how big it was but I got it anyways and I don't regret it. Couldn't pass up the $50 deal on Amazon for the best phone on the market. It feels good in my hand.

There's just small little details that went into this phone that make a difference. Like the default view of the calendar is the monthly view, which is what I prefer. And it's easy to switch back and forth with the options at the top.

There's permanent buttons on the bottom of the screen: Phone, Contacts, Messaging, and Apps. So handy.

I think that's all for now. I got the white one. It think it looks SOOO much sharper than the black one. Makes the screen look bigger too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome phone, March 29, 2012
I moved on to this phone after my EVO's display started leaking. I have to say, I thought the EVO was great phone but the Samsung has done everything right here. The epic touch has a incredible display both in terms of size and picture quality. Call quality so far has been as good or better than with my old phone. I took my maybe 7-8 minutes to root so no problems there. I will take this over an Iphone anyday. Video is fast and smooth, music sound quality is great.
My only little complaint, is about finding a holster for it. It is a Galaxy S II, but I guess the chassis, molding or form factor for sprint is just a few MM larger than whatever the S II cases sold in stores are. Long story shoG rt, you will need to find a case branded specifically for Epic Touch 4G or your phone may fit or fit poorly.

So far I could not be happier with this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Twice the fun, March 23, 2012
Bought the epic s2 first time in Nov 2011. Well, just this week during Spring Break, I llost the darn phone. Try to convince whoever found it via text messages to return for reward, but no luck. Really made me mad cuz there were pictures stored on the phone. Anyway, the point of this review is to say that I was sooo tempted to get the IPhone 4s, but the awesome features of this phone like: big screen, thinness, light weight, very smooth touch screen, and the sywpe feature convince me to buy the same phone again. Oh yeah, lets not forget how CHEAP it is to expand the storage capacity.

This is my third Android phone, I'm sooo glad it turn out to be a better experience then the very first android phone I bought, the Samsung Moment... Ughh what a joke it was. As with any phone, it's not perfect. My only grip is that it's hard for me to hear people, so often I put it on speaker (which is very loud!). Minor issue with sound quality with music playback, but hey what do you want? A phone or an IPod?

P.S. I was using Diztronics TPU case for the phone. It s awesome! But this time I stumbled across Seidio Convert cases, and they are even more awesome (of course not as cheap..lol).

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite phone, March 22, 2012
As a long time HTC phone user, I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I loved the new Samsung phone. Once I got everything all set up, my boyfriend decided he had to have one as well....

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Android Phone On Market, March 16, 2012
I have had a lot of smartphones. Blackberry. Windows mobile. Another Blackberry. Then my first Android, the HTC Evo.

This, by far, is the best phone I've ever had. Not only because of the incredible specs. They are incredible. It is fast. The screen has beautiful, bright resolution. The phone is thin and light.

But more than any of those things, the battery *lasts* through a full day! Really! 1800mah of standard battery will last from morning until night, without a charge, with regular data and voice use throughout the day. Incredible.

You will not be disappointed with this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best phone I've ever purchased., March 14, 2012
I had been with Verizon for 11 years, I've felt that I never got my monies worth,
when it came to product and services. I then switched to Cricket, the phone I purchased wasn't bad, but I needed an unlimited data plan that wouldn't slow down to a crawl after using 3g. I then purchased the Samsung Galaxy S II touch
phone from Sprint, and I couldn't be any happier. First, of all the service I
have received from Sprint has been stellar, and the phone is absolutely fantastic. I still have numerous phones from Verizon, after all those years of
new every two upgrades, as well as my Cricket Huawei. But, this Samsung Galaxy phone I have is wonderful. I do not see myself putting it aside for an upgrade.

That may be Sprint's only downside from having it, the customers may not upgrade to any new phones. I can tell you now, that unless they come out with something
as great as the Samsung Galaxy S II Epic touch, I won't certainly be upgrading.
The size is perfect, the screen size is perfect, the graphics are all great.
Keep up the good work, Sprint and Samsung. I applaud you both. My co-workers, friends and family members are
all excited about my phone, once I show them all of the features, the apps, the graphics, the screen size, many
of them are talking about not only upgrading their phone to a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic touch, but also to Sprint,
since I've told them of my experiences.

I have a lot of electronics from an Ipod classic 160g, an Ipad 64g, a Pandigital tablet, several laptops, a PSP,
but I won't go anywhere without my Samsung Galaxy phone. Anything I can do with any of the devices listed above
I can do with my Samsung Galaxy phone. I also have access to all of my tv viewing via my slingplayer. So, I have
one up on my other devices already by being able to view all of the channels on my FIOS account. For anyone looking for a new phone, to do much more than place calls and receive and send text messages, then you have to purchase
this phone. It has my full endorsement. Even the power cord is designed so that it easily fits in my pants pocket
without being huge and bulky. I just think whomever came up with the total design of this phone, hit a home run
and won the game. After the initial commercials, any sales of the phone will undoubtedly be made by word of mouth
by owners like myself. I've even had numerous Iphone4S customers talking about switching out their phones for this
Samsung phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, March 13, 2012
I get a new phone model every 2 years or so. My last phone was a blackberry 8350i, the phone before that was a Samsung Instinct. Both were top of the line and good phones for their time. Neither could hold a candle to this phone. Going from the Blackberry to this phone literally has almost blown my mind. After reading many reviews about The Samsung Epic S2 and the Iphone I "reluctantly" purchased the Samsung. Now that I have it in hand I have no regrets whatsoever. Its sooo fast and smooth I just cant believe its a phone. When its connected to the web through my wireless modem im getting instant page loads and instant video loads. When its running off the Sprint 3G network I'm still getting some solid load times (maybe 1 second page loads, 15 second video loads). The hardware is very impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone hands down, March 12, 2012
I am convinced that this is the best phone period this phone cost more than most but it is worth every dime. I love this phone so much I bought one for my wife. The phone is fast, fully able to be customized, and gorgeous. I have an Ipad and Ipod Touch. This phone is a level above anything apple has put out. Not to mention the android market has great apps for everything.

5.0 out of 5 stars **Excellent phone** but it does take some learning., March 10, 2012
I finally made the decision to replace my elderly Palm Treo with a newer phone. After reading many reviews and talking to users of various devices, I settled on the Samsung Galaxy S II, Epic 4G Touch from Sprint. The screen is gorgeous, the sound is great and the speed is amazing. I have good 4G coverage at work but I live on the edge of ANY coverage - When I go for a walk in the neighborhood, I can walk out of coverage. I have WIFI at home and the phone deals with both systems.

- The phone only comes with a Start Guide but there is a good users manual in the support section of the Samsung web site. I recommend checking it out.

- This is a powerful device. You can use its basic features as soon as it is charged and activated. However, it does take a while to learn all of its features.

- The voice activation is excellent. I can easily send text messages or make phone calls without touching the phone. I paired it with an LG Tone (HBS-700) Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset. The two make an excellent combination.

5.0 out of 5 stars I ... LOVE ... THIS ... PHONE!!!!, March 6, 2012
Amazon Customer "RR :-)" (Bronx, New York United States) - See all my reviews
I have to admit I am shocked to see any negative reviews of this superb Android phone! I'll be upfront and say that I have never owned an iPhone so I will not make that comparison. However, I can not imagine any iPhone user being more satisfied with their phone than I am with this one! Where do I start?

>Size? The screen is huge and it's Samsung so of course it is beautiful.
Responsiveness? Excellent. Not sure how else to say it. Responds to taps and swipes effortlessly and quickly.
>Weight? It may look huge but this thing is sooooo much lighter than an iPhone. It feels very solid in the hand but it really is surprisingly light. Love it.
>Reliability? I've had it for about a month now and I have not experienced any glitches whatsoever. I do use FastReboot a few times a day and clear the cache periodically just as a safeguard but I have yet to have the phone freeze or feel sluggish in any way.
>Storage? Comes with 16gb so, like other similar phones you have plenty of storage. Since I upgraded from a very poor low memory phone (I won't even mention the model - I made a very poor choice! haha) this feels like it's gargantuan. I downloaded plenty of apps and haven't made a dent in the storage space.

I'm really not sure what else I can say or need to. The phone is elegantly simple looking, beautiful screen. Oh, the phone? Works fine, sounds clear. Enough said.

Oh right, battery life. Must admit that because I hated my prior phone so much I have probably played with this one even more than I would normally and .... I've had no problem with the battery. I have yet to need to recharge it any sooner than the end of the night. Granted I don't talk on the phone very much but I use the apps throughout the day, including the browser and a couple of games. So far, the battery has held up just fine.

All I can say it that I don't know how you could buy a better smartphone than this one - unless they start to offer a Galaxy s3 anytime soon! I love this phone and I believe you will too if you upgrade to it. Hope this is helpful.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1018 | Next ›