A full-featured, touch-screen device that does not compromise on rich entertainment capabilities, the sleek, easy-to-use Samsung Exhibit 4G keeps you connected to everything you love--fast. Combining the latest Android operating system (2.3, Gingerbread) with a 1 GHz processor and T-Mobile's blazing fast 4G network, the Exhibit 4G provides seamless viewing of live and on-demand channels from preloaded T-Mobile TV--including free programming from select stations like ABC News Now, FOX Sports, PBS Kids and Azteca America.
This phone is specifically designed for T-Mobile's 4G HSPA+ mobile broadband network, which currently covers over 200 million people across the U.S. (read more about HSPA+ below). The Exhibit 4G also offers Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking as well as the ability to share its 3G/4G Internet connection with other laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
Play preloaded, premium games like Bejeweled 2 and Doodle Jump for quick fun, and capture on-the-go photos and videos with the 3-megapixel camera (with DVD-quality video capture). Additionally, the Exhibit 4G is outfitted with a front-facing VGA camera for composing self portraits for social networks as well as video chats over 4G or Wi-Fi via pre-loaded Qik app.
Other features include a 3.5-inch multi-touch display, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, access to personal/corporate e-mail, music player, full HTML web browser with support for Flash, and up to 6.5 hours of talk time.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Exhibit 4G. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account.
The pre-loaded T-Mobile TV app offers access to live and on-demand mobile HDTV on T-Mobile's 4G network, including free programming from select stations like ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Kids, and Azteca America. You can upgrade T-Mobile TV to a variety of premium packages, including Prime (with ESPN Mobile TV, Disney Channel, CNBC, and more), En Español, Life & Style, and Crackle Movies.
The Exhibit 4G weighs 4.4 ounces and measures 4.7 x 2.3 x 0.5 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 6.5 hours of talk time, and up to 348 hours (14.5 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+). What's in the Box
Exhibit 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 4 GB microSD card, SD card adapter, USB cable, quick start guide
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling--even in areas that have little or no network coverage. (Learn more)
- Mobile Hotspot capabilities allows you to use your phone's 3G/4G mobile broadband to connect laptops and other Wi-Fi enabled devices to the Internet (up to 8 devices).
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation and location services
- Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Preloaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
Communications & Internet
- Full HTML Web Browser with Flash 10.1 Support
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video, and IM instant messaging
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
Design and Hardware
- Single-core 1.0 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 3.5-inch LCD multi-touch screen (800 x 480 pixels) with accelerometer plus proximity and ambient light sensors.
- Onscreen keyboard with Swype for easy text input.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- USB 2.0 port
- Included 4 GB microSD card with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 3-megapixel auto-focus camera with flash.
- Video capture capabilities (720 x 480; 30 fps)
- Front-facing camera (VGA).
- Video chat powered by Qik for video chats over 4G or Wi-Fi.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+.
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263.
- T-Mobile TV lets you watch live and on-demand TV; free access to ABC News NOW, FOX Sports, PBS Kids, and Azteca America channels.
- Streaming Internet radio via pre-loaded Slacker app.
- Pre-loaded games including Bejeweled 2, Scrabble, and Doodle Jump.
- Speaker phone
- M3 hearing aid compatibility rating
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Exhibit 4G runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation. Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming email and then switch back to the game without losing your place.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The Exhibit 4G also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day, including Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, Google Calendar, Picasa, and YouTube. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
Learn More T-Mobile's Expanding, Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
As of August, 2011, T-Mobile has upgraded its traditional 3G network to HSPA+ 4G in 190 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--covering 200 million people across the country--with plans to continue rolling out this network upgrade throughout 2011. With typical download speeds that are on par with or faster than competing 4G technologies, T-Mobile's HSPA+ network provides fast data speeds--up to 3 times faster than AT&T and Verizon's standard 3G networks--while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities for the ultimate wireless voice and data experience. You'll enjoy faster Web browsing, uninterrupted video streaming, and quicker app downloads.
T-Mobile's 4G mobile broadband network (powered by HSPA+) provides a theoretical capability of up to 21 Mbps peak download speeds, with average download speeds typically in the 5 to 8 Mbps range. T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile's wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile's innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto's Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile's Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile's mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.