5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely a hidden gem of a phone
I'll start by saying I have an iPhone 5. I love it but some things are better on Android. I had purchased a Galaxy S4 and to my surprise, I actually didn't care for it. It was HUGE (though it had a super nice 5" full HD screen) and the screen was not as responsive during text messaging as my previous Galaxy phones were. That latter problem was driving me crazy and it...
Published 15 months ago by Just Me

1.0 out of 5 stars $250 piece of junk
I bought this phone for my son's 18th birthday. It worked great for 6 months then the screen inexplicably went black. Samsung customer support stated that this was a frequent problem with this phone. We were advised to send the phone in and it would be repaired under the warranty. Two weeks later we were told that this was not covered, that they had shipped it back to us,...
Published 10 months ago by Julie M.

‹ Previous | 14 5 618 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, November 13, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Express GoPhone (AT&T) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
My first smart phone. It's fun and user friendly and i'm happy there's no two years contract. I use to have a tracfone but hated every phone I bought from them

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked ok, a bit slow, December 11, 2013
Was ok for a Go phone, but it lagged a bit. For the price it was great, but after coming from top tier phones, I just couldn't handle the lag. The phone was a bit smaller than I was used to as well, and it was a bit "plasticy"

If you can't afford a S3/S4, then this will probably work ok.

I ended up returning it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but..., March 2, 2014
I purchased this phone (though not from Amazon) and have used it for only about two months now. I do like so many of the features; camera is just so-so but it's able to be lived with. The call quality is excellent; (on both ends); speaker phone is good; texting is easy. Battery life I'd rate as 4.5 out of five stars; it beats my old Samsung Galaxy II hands down in that area.

But....(and there's always a but....) there are a few very annoying glitches that I feel shouldn't be present in such a new phone! The phone turns off and on by itself; the Wifi (though appearing to be turned on) drops and the symbol in the status bar no longer appears, so you need to go in through your settings and turn it off and turn it back on again in order for it to resume working. Sometimes the touch screen is very slow or freezes up; for some reason the Google Calendar app stopped syncing with the on-line calendar (though all other Google apps kept syncing properly) and to fix it I needed to delete and basically "wipe out" all my calendar entries and re-enter. Not fun.

Honestly -- when this phone works, it's a pleasure to use. But with the poorly functioning Wifi and the very annoying, intermittent rebooting on it's own ...cause me to rate it at only 3 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good Phone, this is AT&T best GoPhone, August 7, 2014
A very good Phone, this is AT&T best GoPhone, the best bang for your buck, good clear sound quality for both incoming and outgoing calls. This smartphone gives all the convenience of having a smartphone without having to be stuck with a contract or a higher monthly bill. AT&T provides excellent service connection the 4G is terrific. If you want a individual plan that's budget friendly I highly recommend this phone. You will be pleasantly surprised at the value, and definitely purchase it through amazon for the best price then go to an AT&T store to get it activated. Good Luck!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great smart phone for the money., September 2, 2014
A great, yet inexpensive phone with a surprisingly clear and sharp screen. Photos display as good as more expensive smart phones. The screen is easily accessed with my index finger, but I like using a stylus ball point pen combination better. Videos are especially fun to view as the screen is big and clear. This is a nice balance between a large phone with a sharp, colorful screen and a smaller one that fits where you need it. I cannot see why anyone would waste money on a fancier phone when this one has so much to offer for hundreds less.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Star Royalty in a Cell Phone., May 16, 2014
I love this phone. That's why I gave it five stars. The one thing I don't like about it didn't cost it enough points to lose any stars. "What's the one thing CarolynAnne doesn't like about it?" you're probably asking. Well, I'll tell you. The keypad tone. The sound the number keys make when you're dialing a number and you have the keypad tone turned on. It don't sound like a regular phone's keypad: bleep bleep bleep. It sounds more like a single drop of water dropping into a glass or a 1 gallon size bucket filled with water. Now you're probably wondering why it is that you can download ringtones on this phone and you can download hundreds of apps, I've downloaded 125, but you can't change the keypad tone. It doesn't give you that option. You either have to put up with it or turn it off. Some people might like that "drop of water dropping into more water" sound. I find it annoying, so I keep it turned off.
Now let me tell you 7 of the things I love about this phone.
1. Size matters. I love the size of this phone. It makes my LG Thrive feel so little. Yes, I still have my LG Thrive as a back up phone.
2. Hundreds of apps instead of 9 to 12. On my last phone, the LG Thrive, I could only download 9-12 apps. I had to be selective about them or I'd get the low storage space warning. As I said earlier, I've download 125 apps and still haven't gotten the low storage space warning.
How do I know how many apps I've downloaded? I go to my apps then I hit the arrow pointing down then I see just the apps I've downloaded. On the downloaded apps, there are 20 apps per page, 5 rows with 4 apps per row. I've counted how many pages have 20 and how many pages have less than 20 and that's how I know I've downloaded 125.
3. Shortcuts on lock screen. You can put shortcuts to 4 apps on the lock screen. Then if you want to go to one of those apps when you unlock the phone, you just press on that appp's shortcut and slide your finger. When it unlocks you'll be in that app. Couldn't do that with my LG Thrive. To set up the 4 shortcuts just do these steps:
A...Go to settings-the gear shaped app at the bottom of the screen.
B...Once in settings,scroll down till you see lock screen.
C...Click on Lock Screen then click on Lock Screen Options.
D...Turn on shortcuts.
E...Touch where it says shortcuts to pick the 4 apps you want shortcuts to on the lock screen.
After you've created 4 shortcuts, if you decide you don't want a shortcut to app a but you do want a shortcut to app b instead, then before you exit the lock screen shortcuts menu, pull the app you don't want a shortcut to down to the trash can at the bottom of the screen. When the trash can and app both glow red, you can take your finger off the screen then just touch...not hold..the plus sign to add the app shortcut you do want. You can also rearrange the order after you've added all 4. Just press and hold down the shortcut till it moves up slightly then move it to where you want. Just be sure you see a small blue vertical line like this--> | at the top of the shortcut you're moving otherwise it'll just move back to its original spot.
4. Volume buttons and text size. This is how to set it up so you can adjust the font size in text messages using the volume buttons. In messaging, tap the menu button on the bottom left corner of the phone and go to settings in the little menu that comes up on the bottom of the screen. Then to set it so the volume buttons adjust the size of the font in your text messages just put a check mark in the box next to "Use the volume key". Really love this feature. Don't need my glasses to read my text messages.
5. This phone comes with a sim card but not a micro sd card. Why am I so happy about that? Because it allows me to pick how many GB of storage space I want my micro sd card to have. I use a 64 GB micro sd card. You might not want anything over 16 GB for your micro sd card and you can do that since you have to buy a micro sd card. It's just for me: BGGER is better, hence the 64 GB.
6. Clock app features. I love the clock app that came on this phone. You can have as many or as few alarms as you want or need. I've tried to get it to give me a "you've reached the limit of alarms" message but I haven't yet. I went high as 12 (or was it 14) last time I tried. Never did get the "you've reached the limit of alarms" message. Here's another thing I like about this phone's clock app. With my LG Thrive I couldn't turn the snooze off on any of my alarms. The best I could do was set the snooze to the max which was 30 minutes. The 30 minutes would be 30 minutes from when the alarm stopped alarming without me stopping it, which was usually a minute after it had started alarming. This phone you can turn the snooze off completely on all or some or none of your alarms. Really love that.
7. Battery life. On days when you don't use it much, very little at all, you can go over 24 hours between charges. I have an app (Battery Notifier Pro BT) on mine that shows what percentage of battery life I have left as a number in the status bar. I start getting the low battery warning at 15. When I pull the status bar down, next to that number it shows how long the phone has been disconnected from the charger. I once went 27 hours 15 minutes between charges. Amazing but true. This phone has a power saving mode which helps about the battery life. The power saving mode comes on by itself, so you don't have worry about it. I don't recommend turning it off but if you REALLY want to, you can do this one of 2 ways. Either in settings where it says Power Saving (the word mode might be hid by the on/off switch) or by pulling the status bar down and clicking on Power Saving in the top right corner of the screen.
Sorry Amazon. I didn't buy this phone from you. I bought it at a store in Florence, Alabama in November 2013. I waited till now to write this review because I didn't want to write this glowing 5 star review then a month later take the phone back because I found 2 or more things on it I couldn't use which might've made me dislike the phone enough to take it back.
To sum up my review: I sincerely feel this phone is worth every penny of what it cost. I REALLY LOVE IT!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a great purchase, April 30, 2014
This phone is fantastic. I am an avid iPhone user and have not made the jump, but I purchased it for my father-in-law and set it up for him. After using this phone for 3 days, I am convinced it is a great phone that is fast and sleek. We just purchased the phone and then popped in a regular ATT sim card on a regular (not GoPhone) line. Activated and worked perfectly! I absolutely recommend this phone to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone!, April 24, 2014
This is my first "smart" phone. My old phone was a flip phone (it was so old, I got a text from AT&T saying they were no longer going to support it - they did offer me a free, new phone, but it was chintzy and I decided it was time to move up!) I love this (Galaxy Express) phone! I'll admit I went to the AT&T store everyday for about a week to learn how to use it, but, hey, it was all new to me. It works well for texting (touch screen keyboard - but you can also speak your message and it will type it out for you, a great feature if you're driving), and for talking (you can hook it up to hands-free in your car). But what I really love are all the apps, and widgets which you can set up customized on your homescreens. My favorite thing is the Music Player - I don't bother with my iPod anymore. I can listen to music directly from the phone itself (w/ or w/out earbuds) and also can hook it up to my car speakers with aux. cord. The camera takes good quality pictures - maybe not quite to the degree of my Canon SX160, but very acceptable, and very convenient when I don't want to carry my camera with me. It has lots of settings, too: auto white balance (& other light source settings: daylight, fluorescent, etc...), scene modes, timer, metering, ISO, flash, self-portrait, shooting mode, effects (b&w, sepia), resolution, etc... Aside from the pictures I take on my phone, I load and store pictures in it - instead of the old days of carrying wallet photos, I scanned and store my kids baby pictures in it, pictures of my hubby, etc... . You can also store documents in it. For example I have a typed, detailed list of meds and foods I'm allergic to that I store in my phone (handy info). I use my phone almost exclusively now for facebook, pinterest, google searches, youtubes, etc... You can also watch movies on it. I have a variety of games (nice for passing the time), a calculator, calendar, compass, light-up magnifying glass for when I forget my reading glasses in dim restaurants :), a timer, weather forecast (accuweather), google sky map, etc... Another feature that I was unfamiliar with before I purchased my phone that I like a lot is "Screenshot" - you press the Home key and Power/Lock key simultaneously and the phone will take a picture of whatever is showing on the screen at the moment. I purchased a 32 GB memory card for the phone, so I can store tons of music and photos without using up internal memory. The phone screen is Gorilla Glass - good stuff, doesn't scratch!! Phone comes with a charger cord, and a computer cord. It has a really good battery, long-lasting. I use my phone a lot, and charge it once a day (I can sometimes go a bit over a day, but hate to run it low and have it run out on me). I have the "Belkin Surround Dual Layer Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy Express SGH-I437 - Fitted Case - Retail Packaging - Black/Gray" - for my case (hate to send you away from Amazon - but I got it for $5.00 from AT&T) I like it a lot - it works great for me. It doesn't add bulk to my phone, It is a bumper case (just fits around the edges of your phone. It is hard plastic along the sides/top/bottom but the front edge that goes across the edges of the screen in front, and in the back are rubbery and stick up a lil higher than surface of the phone which protects your screen and back cover when your phone is laid down (or dropped). The rubber edges also give my fingers something to hand onto, as the phone with no cover can feel a little slippery in your fingers. Additionally, the rubbery edge gives it a little grip - if I lay the phone on my leg, or on the car seat, or couch arm, etc... it doesn't slide off. I know that Otterbox style covers are popular, but I don't like a lot of bulk on my phone - and, I'm not one who is prone to dropping their phone so it's not a big worry to me. However, if it makes you feel better, there is a youtube of some drop tests of a phone with a bumper case :). I've had this phone for 7 months and am very happy with it. There isn't anything that I dislike about it. One thing I was a little leery of, when I bought, it was that it would seem to big (2 7/8" x 5 5/16" WITH the bumper cover on) because I walk, bike, and hike a lot and like to carry it in a pocket. But even that has worked out fine - I still fit it in a jacket, jean, or shorts pocket (that little rubber bumper helps it not to slide out). This phone is worth every penny (it is $199. now, - I paid $224. That's okay - no regrets!)

4.0 out of 5 stars great phone, April 24, 2014
nice phone, great reception, although beware keeping Wi-Fi setting on, eats battery up, apps are so so. would recommend for first phone, though a little pricey.

4.0 out of 5 stars Expensive, April 23, 2014
For the price, I would have thought it would have looked and felt nicer. The back is kinda hollow and flimsy. No frills here. But it seems to work okay.

‹ Previous | 14 5 618 | Next ›