Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on June 22, 2012
I got the S3 yesterday, since I owned a iPhone 4S here the comparison:

DESIGN: Galaxy S3 design is stunning, the feeling on hands is incredible. The ergonomics makes all the difference. The iPhone 4S is very squarish and definitely more solid but heavier too (way heavier);
SCREEN: Galaxy S3 screen is wonderful with vivid colours and sharp imaages, 4,8 inches vs 3.5 of the iPhone, after you make the transition you wont never come back, impossible.
OPERATING SYSTEM: S3 usability is a boom. iPhone is good but never at the level of the S3, way way slower.
BATTERY: S3 gets full day + 30% remaining battery, iPhone last till four or five PM;
GPS: Galaxy S3 gets locked in less than 10 seconds inside a building, iPhone searches and searches with no success;
CAMERA: they are very similar, S3 is faster and iPhone is may be a bit better in term of quality. No dramatic difference.
S-VOICE vs SIRI: they are both very basic and more fun than usefull.
USB-BLUETOOTH: iPhone only works with iTunes, no Bluetooth, no radio. Galaxy S3 can be usb-connected to computers and flashmemory, it has easy bluetooth connection and yes ... it has an amazing radio :)
APPS: to be sincere, all relevants apps in iPhones are present in Android. They have better design but they are at payment while in Android are always free. No mayor differences.

Galaxy S3 is an extraordinary good purchase. Recommended for all ex-iPhone users. You wont regret, there is a world outside iTunes :)
3737 comments|434 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2013
Be aware! These are fake Samsung phones. The guy told me that it's original but he sent me a fake one. Make sure the package has serial number on it.
on June 21, 2012
I've never had any android device and at first I was a little apprehensive, coming from a blackberry the difference is noticeable. I'm very happy, tons of apps, low price, no exclusivity problems (like the nokia lumia 900 or iphone). I had the opportunity to handle an iphone for quite some time and I really don't get why people like it that much, this phone is way better, has a lot of functions and a real screen. I absolutely recommend it. And regarding the other review, probably that MORON is installing the SIM card backwards, the phone is fully unlocked and operational.
33 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2012
Product "international Version" seems to mean no Samsung Support and no Samsung warranty. Surge Telecom is less than useless they seem to not care. Check blogs and check Surge Telecom site. A product on there site talks about a bad component in the s3 international and offers a product that they claim to correct it. After your 15 day return window closes then the 30 day A to Z insurance is over you are on your own.
on July 13, 2012
Okay, I was a bit skeptical when ordering this phone, for one I did not want to be ripped off buy the seller. overall I was just scared that I would be blowing $650.00 for the phone.

I ordered the phone on the 9th of July 2012 and I received it on the 11th of July(express shipping of course) and I was so pleased with the delivery time, it got to me a day earlier. The phone is awesome. I was scared at first when my old SIM car would not fit but thanks to the help of youtube you can cut down your SIM card into a micro SIM card (no guarantees) but luckily it did work.

I contacted the seller and within 10 minutes I got a response.( I contacted the seller cause I could not get my SIM card in the slot so I thought I got a bad phone but then I realised that is how the phone is made, just like the Iphone 4s it requires a micro SIM card which you should be able to get from your service provider.)

So if you ever doubt ordering something so expensive. This review is for you

It came neatly packed, with headphones, charger, manual and the phone of course.

So far the phones performance has been spectacular, the S voice is incredibly amazing and much more improved from the galaxy S 2. The graphics is also very great. In terms of battery performance its okay for a phone that has high performance, but if you have a car charger and one at home you should be good to go.

You wont regret it!!!!
66 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2012
The product isn't the one as described. Actually the phone is the model AT&T SGH-I747 instead of the international version I9300, as described! They are quite different, starting with different CPU, language possibles to work with, 3G vs. 4G ando so on.
1212 comments|186 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2012
Buyers beware the phone is not supported by Samsung US. My just phone died after 5 months of use and now I have spent almost 5 hours of chatting and calling different folks from Samsung and no one would take responsibly. The seller should have mentioned this while selling the product.
88 comments|66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2012
First of all, I bought from Wireless Everything. I was very pleased with them, it came sealed and great customer service as well.

Well, I used have the HTC EVO 3D from Sprint. Which it was my first smartphone. I simply hated my EVO 3D, dropping calls... Keep rebooting all the time, and not built in great materials.

So, I canceled my plan with SPRINT (terrible signal in San Diego), and I decide that I needed to have a great phone for the next couple years.

Samsung Galaxy S3 seemed the right choice. I have to tell to you I have no regret about buying these handset for $699... Good point is unlocked... So you are free.

The S3 is fast with Exynos 4212 Quad (CPU Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9) plus the great camera... Also, the GT-I9300 doesn't have bloatware from the carriers, which you can't uninstall but only if you root.

I have T-MOBILE now, valued plan. And I know I am getting EDGE 2G, which I was thinking if was a good call. SO contact the T-mobile customer Service. and I got really good news!!!

"T-Mobile's Network Modernization. New equipment will be installed in 400 GSM/HSPA+ sites by the end of June that will enable HSPA+ in the 1900 MHz band. Over 2,500 sites will have the new equipment installed by end of July. " From T-mobile specialist. Which means you be getting 4G on the Gt-I9300 very soon!! You don't need to ripped off by At&T!

The reason that T-mobile are doing this only now, because At&T failed to buy T-mobile not being approved by the government. T-mobile wouldn't spend a penny... at that time they were going to use the At&t system.

So, now T-mobile doesn't want to stay behind by the rivals. Which is great. Which means T-Mobile will announce the IPHONE as well working on 1900 mhz band.

I am sure that S3 will be working amazingly fast very on T-mobile.

Great phone! Great to keep for a lot of years for sure!
1111 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2012
First, this is a review of the US version of the phone. I tried to put a review up on the US version, but Amazon wouldn't let me. So hopefully this helps out people deciding to get the US version of the phone. In case people are wondering this is for the Sprint network.

The US version of the phone differs as it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor with 1.5 GHz Dual-Core CPUs, while the the rest of the hardware specs are the same as the international version.

I switched from an HTC EVO 4G to get this phone and so far it's been great! Here are the things I like about the phone:

* The phone is a nice size, it's lighter than my HTC EVO 4G.
* The processor is one of the fastest US released Android phone, and it comes with 2 GB of RAM.
* I played around with the camera and video camera and the quality is great in my opinion. (I'll post some pics or a video later.)
* The ICS 4.0 is really snappy and it opens up applications quickly.
* It comes with Google Wallet. I signed up and got a free $10 to use. (I'm going to McDonald's to test it out!)
* I've only use the S Voice application a few times, but it seems to be just like Siri on my wife's iPhone 4S.
* It comes with a micro SD slot in case more space is needed to save pictures, videos, etc.
* You can change out the battery if needed.
* Battery life last twice as long compared to my HTC EVO 4G.

Now for some cons:

* This is carrier related and not the phone itself, but there is no 4G LTE on the Sprint Network. Other networks such at AT&T and Verizon should be better, but I'm stuck with 3G speeds for now.
* The phone is so nice, that I baby it all the time!

I was on the fence about getting this phone or the HTC EVO 4G LTE aka HTC One X. The main things that I like over the the Samsung Galaxy 3 over the HTC EVO 4G LTE is that it comes with the Micro SD slot and also the battery can be changed if it ever goes bad.

I love this phone! :)
on March 22, 2013
This item doesn't have any kind of warranty. I bought it just 6 months ago from Amazon.com, because I needed an unlocked phone as I use two sims from two different countries. And it just died for no apparent reason. I contacted Samsung USA, however, I was told that as it was an international version not sold in the US it wasn't supported either! They proposed me to contact Samsung UK. Samsung UK told me since I bought the phone in the US they couldn't support me with any warranty, and to go check witn US Samsung, which I previously asked and was told to go to Samsung UK, so I got in that loop, hence leaving my phone without any warranty no matter what country I am. I just lost my $700 usd I spent in this item!!!! Samsung Galaxy S3 has been having lots of hardware problems, to fix mine will cost $500 usd to replace the motherboard not worth it!!! WARNING!!!

Check for "Samsung Galaxy S3 Sudden Death Syndrome" before considering to buy this phone.
44 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse