Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy S II Android Prepaid Phone (Net10)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on February 4, 2013
It's such an upgrade from my old Net10 phone which had no accessories and couldn't hold more than a few apps. I use Net10 and I wanted a better phone and I chose this. It's awesome, it doesn't freeze, it handles even the most intense of apps and I've yet to regret it. The only thing is that the battery sucks, so I wouldn't recommend overly using it unless you get a portable charger or you don't surf the internet that often, or are by a plug. This thing gets charged twice a day. One time I fell asleep without charging it, it was about 87% when I went to bed and when I woke up about 7 hours later it was at 40% so make sure you always have the charger. Other than that it's a perfect phone, and seeing as I already had portable chargers I think this is perfect.
on March 2, 2013
This is the best phone I have had to date. It's very fast, can handle everything that I have thrown at it. I can not say enough about this phone. I would recommend it to anyone...... So if you are on the fence about this phone, jump off and run and get it.
on July 17, 2013
I have owned this phone for about a month and am very pleased. Having been a Sprint customer using non-smartphones, I realized that I had been paying too much and not getting a lot in return. The phone has done everything I wanted it to thus far.
Good:
It takes good pictures and video.
It is a solid balance of screen size and overall phone dimensions (not overly cumbersome to tote around)
Voice recognition and Swype work well
Screen/capacitive buttons are responsive
Fairly priced (for non-Sprint CDMA network)
Android interface is easy to learn

Not so good:
Phone can run through battery if using heavily (browsing pages or syncing data constantly)
Older Android version (this is an academic issue for me because I have never used later versions of Android and don't really know what functionality I am missing)
No 4G (another academic point because where I live doesn't really have a robust 4G network and I usually use WiFi anyway)

Overall:
I dig this phone quite a bit. I was able to purchase it through Amazon and avoided shipping/tax. I did use my savings to purchase 3rd party rechargeable batteries which have been invaluable and I would recommend it for anyone considering this phone.
on September 24, 2013
Net 10 DOES NOT allow you to upgrade the android system software...
If i would have known this i would have bought an unlock version and transfer service to NET 10...
If your looking at this phone and you can afford to buy an unlocked version... DO SO... Its a way better deal and will allow the phone to be used longer.
This is still a good phone in my opinion.... the only issues i have had are (1) a couple of games that crash but that could be from me leaving them running to long AND (2) THE BATTERY... some days it might last 11-12 hours and other times it will last for 30-40 hours... Running the same apps??? Not really sure what's up with that... the only thing i can think of is that this battery has a sweet spot for when it needs to be charged for optimal battery usage....
This phone plays movies, music, youtube videos great and does email a lot better than i thought it would... I have had this phone for 5 weeks and have had less than a handful of videos that would'nt play.... And i watch alot of videos (football games, youtube, movies, sportscenter)
on April 24, 2013
This phone runs great! I upgraded from the LG Optimus and immediately the screen size was a huge difference. Finding a case can be a bit difficult. (Look for Model # S959G) (At&T, and Verizon have other versions of this phone with none compatible cases for this phone.) Also, the battery life can be a drain. Install a WiFi toggle and a Data toggle asap. Maybe a battery manager as well. That way the battery will last much longer. On the plus side, this phone benchmarks well. Maybe not compared to it's younger brother, the S3, but I haven't found an application issue yet. Rugged as I work construction and this thing handles my work well. A recommended buy all around :) One last note; I bought this phone from here because the Net 10 Website said it wasn't available in my area. Well, I'm from central Maine, and there is no problems here at all. It's a marketing game Net 10 plays with it's customers, and that's not fair. So If you have coverage for At&t, Sprint, or Us Cell, This phone *Should* work great for you at 3G.
on September 24, 2013
I still even now am really really glad that I bought this phone I still can't believe I was originally using the Samsung Galaxy Discover because the weight difference and the size of the screen! Plus I'm glad for the LED Light its been helpful lol. Also the screen visuals are nice and clear, bright, and just look nice and clean first thing I noticed after going through the set-up process of the phone once turned on. The app functionality every once and awhile will get a little lagging but that's mostly when it overheats a bit (probably cuz of the gingerbread OS) or long excessive use. The other problem I tend to get is if I leave my phone on all night without unplugging it is that after unlocking the screen will be frozen but I've just been turning my phone off at night to prevent that.... Other than a couple "glitches" or "bugs" the phone itself definitely suits my needs. Also the total space the phone has is #1.USB Storage-11.36GB Total and #2.Device Memory-is approximately 2GB not entirely sure what is was from the beginning currently I still have 1.46GB free hope that helps!! ^_^
on February 5, 2013
Love, love,love this phone. Will still be relavent years down the line. I encourage anyone looking for a great smart phone to spend the money and get this phone. I have had mine for three months and i still love it. I can not imagine going back to a dumb phone. This phone does as much as todays tablets and it's a phone. Way cool !!!
on December 27, 2012
I love this phone! Does everything that I expected it to do and then some! I bought this phone for my son as a Christmas present and he was so happy! Loves It!
on February 9, 2013
It has good resolution, time display is large for easy reading. Still investigating all the features. Battery life could be longer, have tried some apps for this.
on July 20, 2013
i have been using net10 for 7 or 8 years now and am very happy with their service and plan, you can buy 3rd party phones for net10 bu i do not recommend it as they can actually use other carriers for your signal. i bought this net10 version of the s-2 and i love it! it is modern enough for me and i have found everything about it easy to figure out....except how to find my home page on it. either way now that i am back to a real net10 phone they use att cell towers and signal strength is back up to pretty good levels even in the concrete bunker that i work in!