5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone!
Published 17 months ago by MasaRyou

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone but...
Net 10 DOES NOT allow you to upgrade the android system software...
If i would have known this i would have bought an unlock version and transfer service to NET 10...
If your looking at this phone and you can afford to buy an unlocked version... DO SO... Its a way better deal and will allow the phone to be used longer.
This is still a good phone in my...
Published 9 months ago by Michael

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this phone!, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II Android Prepaid Phone (Net10) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
It's such an upgrade from my old Net10 phone which had no accessories and couldn't hold more than a few apps. I use Net10 and I wanted a better phone and I chose this. It's awesome, it doesn't freeze, it handles even the most intense of apps and I've yet to regret it. The only thing is that the battery sucks, so I wouldn't recommend overly using it unless you get a portable charger or you don't surf the internet that often, or are by a plug. This thing gets charged twice a day. One time I fell asleep without charging it, it was about 87% when I went to bed and when I woke up about 7 hours later it was at 40% so make sure you always have the charger. Other than that it's a perfect phone, and seeing as I already had portable chargers I think this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S2, March 2, 2013
Sleeper (St Louis, Mo USA) - See all my reviews
This is the best phone I have had to date. It's very fast, can handle everything that I have thrown at it. I can not say enough about this phone. I would recommend it to anyone...... So if you are on the fence about this phone, jump off and run and get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars First smartphone, July 17, 2013
I have owned this phone for about a month and am very pleased. Having been a Sprint customer using non-smartphones, I realized that I had been paying too much and not getting a lot in return. The phone has done everything I wanted it to thus far.
Good:
It takes good pictures and video.
It is a solid balance of screen size and overall phone dimensions (not overly cumbersome to tote around)
Voice recognition and Swype work well
Screen/capacitive buttons are responsive
Fairly priced (for non-Sprint CDMA network)
Android interface is easy to learn

Not so good:
Phone can run through battery if using heavily (browsing pages or syncing data constantly)
Older Android version (this is an academic issue for me because I have never used later versions of Android and don't really know what functionality I am missing)
No 4G (another academic point because where I live doesn't really have a robust 4G network and I usually use WiFi anyway)

Overall:
I dig this phone quite a bit. I was able to purchase it through Amazon and avoided shipping/tax. I did use my savings to purchase 3rd party rechargeable batteries which have been invaluable and I would recommend it for anyone considering this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Phone for pre-paid!, April 24, 2013
thomas duperry (SABATTUS, ME, US) - See all my reviews
This phone runs great! I upgraded from the LG Optimus and immediately the screen size was a huge difference. Finding a case can be a bit difficult. (Look for Model # S959G) (At&T, and Verizon have other versions of this phone with none compatible cases for this phone.) Also, the battery life can be a drain. Install a WiFi toggle and a Data toggle asap. Maybe a battery manager as well. That way the battery will last much longer. On the plus side, this phone benchmarks well. Maybe not compared to it's younger brother, the S3, but I haven't found an application issue yet. Rugged as I work construction and this thing handles my work well. A recommended buy all around :) One last note; I bought this phone from here because the Net 10 Website said it wasn't available in my area. Well, I'm from central Maine, and there is no problems here at all. It's a marketing game Net 10 plays with it's customers, and that's not fair. So If you have coverage for At&t, Sprint, or Us Cell, This phone *Should* work great for you at 3G.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone!, December 27, 2012
I love this phone! Does everything that I expected it to do and then some! I bought this phone for my son as a Christmas present and he was so happy! Loves It!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone but..., September 24, 2013
Net 10 DOES NOT allow you to upgrade the android system software...
This is still a good phone in my opinion.... the only issues i have had are (1) a couple of games that crash but that could be from me leaving them running to long AND (2) THE BATTERY... some days it might last 11-12 hours and other times it will last for 30-40 hours... Running the same apps??? Not really sure what's up with that... the only thing i can think of is that this battery has a sweet spot for when it needs to be charged for optimal battery usage....
This phone plays movies, music, youtube videos great and does email a lot better than i thought it would... I have had this phone for 5 weeks and have had less than a handful of videos that would'nt play.... And i watch alot of videos (football games, youtube, movies, sportscenter)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone, February 9, 2013
It has good resolution, time display is large for easy reading. Still investigating all the features. Battery life could be longer, have tried some apps for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money, February 5, 2013
Love, love,love this phone. Will still be relavent years down the line. I encourage anyone looking for a great smart phone to spend the money and get this phone. I have had mine for three months and i still love it. I can not imagine going back to a dumb phone. This phone does as much as todays tablets and it's a phone. Way cool !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome phone!, May 25, 2013
Had this phone almost a month now. I love it! Samsung did a great job. Very thin and light weight.

4.0 out of 5 stars it is cool, June 15, 2013
it is cool. i really like the way it is so light in my hand, makes texting so much easier

Rate and Discover Movies