The Galaxy S2 from T-Mobile comes with a large and magnificent 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, supporting 1080p full HD video recording.
Offering a powerful, premium Android smartphone experience in a pocket-friendly design, the ultra-thin Samsung Galaxy S II 4G for T-Mobile gives you extreme multitasking abilities and the smoothest game play possible thanks to its powerful dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S3 processor. Measuring a mere 9.4mm (0.37 inches) at its thinnest from front to back, the Galaxy S II easily it slips in and out of your pocket even with its huge 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display. It's perfect for immersing yourself in cinema-quality video and intense on-the-go gaming.
Enjoy super-fast mobile broadband speeds with T-Mobile's faster 4G (HSPA+ 42) network (view larger).
Samsung Galaxy S II
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G (HSPA+ 42) connectivity
- Android 2.3 OS
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen
- 16 GB memory + microSD expansion
- 8-MP camera + Full HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Personal/corporate e-mail
The Galaxy S II will be one of the first smartphones to take advantage of T-Mobile's faster 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technology, allowing you to browse the Web faster than on the average home Internet with average download speeds approaching 8 Mbps and peak speeds around 20 Mbps.
With support for Near Field Communications (NFC), the Galaxy S II can read information from "smart" tags, or everyday objects that have NFC chips in them--from stickers and movie posters to t-shirts and even mobile payments (in the future). And you can easily watch movies, shows, video, or view photos on your own TV via the HDMI output or wirelessly using built-in Samsung AllShare DLNA capabilities.
Other features include an 8-megapixel camera with Full HD 1080p video capture, 16 GB internal memory, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB, Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, DLNA wireless streaming capabilities, GPS for navigation and location-based services, access to over 200,000 apps in the Android Market, streaming video from T-Mobile TV and downloaded movies and TV from Samsung Media Hub, and up to 4 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Brightest, Most Colorful Screen
With an incredibly colorful 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, the Galaxy S II delivers 50 percent more sub-pixels than the previous generation display for better contrast. The display also offers unmatched outdoor viewing quality, even in the brightest sunlight.
Super Sharp Photos and Videos Plus Video Chat
This Galaxy S II also captures sharp photos with its 8-megapixel camera with flash, and it records videos in stunning Full HD 1080p resolution. An additional 2-megapixel front-facing camera gives you the power to connect with your friends and family face-to-face via video chat. And with Google Talk, you can video chat with all of your Google Talk contacts, whether they are on a mobile phone or a computer.
Samsung's Media Hub enables you to rent or purchase movies and TV shows within seconds watch from the convenience of anywhere. With Media Hub's progressive downloading feature, you can start watching your content almost immediately as the rest of the file downloads to the Galaxy S II. Plus, all Media Hub content can be shared among five Media Hub-enabled devices on the same account.
Intuitive TouchWiz Interface
The Galaxy S II features Samsung's TouchWiz user interface, providing superior multi-tasking and customization for an enhanced visual and intuitive smartphone experience. Live Panel features provide immediate access to weather, social updates, e-mail, news and photos, which can all be customized on any one of the seven home screens. All of the widgets can be positioned and re-sized to create unique home screens and one-touch access to the services and apps you use the most. The Notifications Panel allows one touch access to a separate menu for managing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Flight Mode settings.
An NFC Reader application lets your read and interact with near-field communication (NFC) tags. For example, you can "touch" or "swipe" an NFC tag that might be embedded in a poster, sticker, or advertisement, then act on the data read from the tag. A typical use would be to read a tag at a restaurant, store, or event and then rate or register by jumping to a web site whose URL is included in the tag data.
The Samsung Galaxy S II 4G weighs 4.77 ounces and measures 5.11 x 2.71 x 0.37 inches. Its 1850 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4 hours of talk time, and up to 200 hours (8+ days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies, as well as T-Mobile's 3G/4G network (1700/2100 MHz; UMTS/HSDPA/HSPA+ 42). What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy S II 4G handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
T-Mobile's Super-Fast 4G Mobile Broadband Network
T-Mobile's super-fast 4G network (HSPA+ 21) is getting even faster, doubling the speed with T-Mobile's lightning-quick 4G (HSPA+ 42) network technology. New smartphones that include this technology will now be able to browse the Web faster than on the average home Internet, as well as enjoy uninterrupted video streaming and quicker app downloads. T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network average download speeds approach 8 Mbps with peak speeds around 20 Mbps.
And T-Mobile's increased network speed capabilities will benefit its customers using 3G and 4G (HSPA+ 21) devices for data services, as the backward compatible network pushes the limits of 3G and 4G devices to achieve maximum speed performance.
As of October, 2011, T-Mobile's 4G (HSPA+ 42) network has been rolled out to more than 150 markets across the United States, and its 4G (HSPA+ 21) network is available in over 190 major metropolitan areas across the U.S.--covering 200 million people across the country. Network upgrades will continue rolling out through 2012.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Galaxy S II runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread) which features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Galaxy S II also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- Blazing fast 4G speeds on T-Mobile's HSPA+ network for up to 3 times faster than standard 3G networks, while allowing simultaneous voice and data capabilities (compatible with 3G networks where 4G is unavailable).
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Onboard GPS for navigation (using pre-loaded Google Maps) and location services
- Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Samsung Media Hub puts thousands of hit movies and next-day TV shows at your fingertips
- Samsung Social Hub allows you to transfer e-mail, instant messaging, contacts, calendar, and social network connections--including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts--into Feeds and Messages folders that can be either put into separate tabs or combined into comprehensive lists.
- Kies Air for wireless syncing
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as personal e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon S3) speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus multi-touch display (480 x 800 pixels, 16 million color depth)
- HDMI port for video output to your HDTV or monitor (adapter and cable not included).
- MicroUSB port
- Sensors: accelerometer, 6-axis gyroscope.
- 8-megapixel auto-focus camera with LED flash, smile detection, geo-tagging, zero shutter lag, and multiple scene modes.
- Full HD 1080p video capture
- 2-megapixel forward-facing camera for video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, OGG, and WAV
- Video player compatible with MP4, M4V, AVI, WMV, and 3GP.
- Samsung AllShare DLNA capabilities allow you to stream movies, music, and photos from your smartphone to a compatible HDTV.
- 16 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB of RAM
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Hands-free speakerphone
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.