5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size Screen, Snappy ICS 4.0, Great Phone
The US version of the phone differs as it has a Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Processor with 1.5 GHz Dual-Core CPUs, while the the rest of the hardware specs are the same as the international version.

I switched from an HTC EVO 4G to get this phone and so far it's been great! Here are the things I like about the phone:

* The phone is a nice size, it's...
Published on July 15, 2012 by electronicnut

3.0 out of 5 stars In a word... Disappointed
Published 22 months ago by Droid Rater

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Size Screen, Snappy ICS 4.0, Great Phone, July 15, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III 4G Android Phone, White 32GB (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)

* The phone is a nice size, it's lighter than my HTC EVO 4G.
* The processor is one of the fastest US released Android phone, and it comes with 2 GB of RAM.
* I played around with the camera and video camera and the quality is great in my opinion. (I'll post some pics or a video later.)
* The ICS 4.0 is really snappy and it opens up applications quickly.
* It comes with Google Wallet. I signed up and got a free $10 to use. (I'm going to McDonald's to test it out!)
* I've only use the S Voice application a few times, but it seems to be just like Siri on my wife's iPhone 4S.
* It comes with a micro SD slot in case more space is needed to save pictures, videos, etc.
* You can change out the battery if needed.
* Battery life last twice as long compared to my HTC EVO 4G.

Now for some cons:

* This is carrier related and not the phone itself, but the 4G LTE is not all in all areas so be sure to check your carrier if internet speeds is a deciding factor in purchasing this phone. If not you'll be stuck with 3G speeds.
* The phone is so nice, that I baby it all the time!

I was on the fence about getting this phone or the HTC EVO 4G LTE aka HTC One X. The main things that I like over the the Samsung Galaxy 3 over the HTC EVO 4G LTE is that it comes with the Micro SD slot and also the battery can be changed if it ever goes bad.

I love this phone! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING phone, September 21, 2012
It was time for an upgrade and I figured I'd upgrade as high as I could go, and for that reason made a gamble and preordered this phone. I've had it since July, which is more than enough time for the various glitches to make themselves known--except that there aren't any. This phone is every bit as powerful as I'd hoped, and I'm not sorry I sprung for the extra memory, either, as I've loaded mine to the brim with music. (I'd originally had no intentions of doing so, but it goes to show you, it's better to be prepared.)

The screen is clear and crisp--people who handle my phone for the first time are always impressed. There's zero lagging, and the only problems I've ever had are app-related rather than phone-related. The design is wonderful, too; people will randomly stop me in the store and ask what phone I have. Now that it's been available for a while, the questions have now become "is that a Galaxy S III??"

I have this thing in a case and screen protector 24/7, because I'm absolutely in love with it and there's no way I'm getting scratches. If I wasn't a fan of Samsung before, I certainly am now.

3.0 out of 5 stars In a word... Disappointed, September 21, 2012
I was really looking forward to the release of this phone. This was the first phone I've ever preordered. I started the phone, synced it with my facebook, twitter, and emails, then the problems started. I love swype texting. I had the Driod Bionic before this phone when I started using Swype. The Bionic, while it was riddled with problems of its own, was crisp and intelligent with its swype. The more you used it the better and more responsive it got. The Galaxy SIII however is a complete letdown. I have found about 10 words that cannot be created using swype no matter if you place the line directly over every letter in the word. Try to text quickly when common 3 and 4 letter words like for or more cannot be created using the swype. Swype also cannot be turned off. The keyboard is ok to use with touch only, but it makes for very slow texting.

The second issue I have with this phone is its overhyped speed. I downloaded the same apps thanks to my Google account, and the results have been less than what I've hoped for. Several games on this phone become lagged if played for too long (more than 10 minutes). Some to the point that they are unplayable. The features of this phone sound great, but only if everyone you make contact with has this phone as well. In my social circle, I'm the only one with a Galaxy SIII, so my sharing tech is completely useless.

Now for the biggest letdown of all from the phone. The so called "Siri Killer" is a joke. I speak with a mild accent and it cannot understand anything about what I say. I'm waiting for Google to come out with a system like this that will dominate the market, because from my experience with voice recognition tech, Google has the most sophisticated system out.

Samsung did some things right with the phone. Battery life and LTE service have never had a better representative. The battery even for a constant user like myself, will last you through the day. LTE service comes through quickly, even though I think Verizon is having some connectivity issues, because my Bionic had similar problems with the network. The wifi receiver is strong and the phone is designed to desire an open wifi signal, saving me money and usually speeding up the data. The screen is beautiful and the design is really comfortable. No sharp sides to dig into your legs while in your pocket, the smooth rounded back of the phone makes it nearly disappear.

The camera on the phone has its high and low points. The rear camera takes sharp, clear pictures, and, as advertised, has an incredible shutter speed. The need for the fast shutter speed is really limited, but it is something nice to have. The front face camera, like most, is grainy and pixilated. The clarity isn't very good and it doesn't have any lighting. This phone is another that did away with the external camera button. That was surprising to me considering how much they were focused on taking pictures. It is hard to take high resolution self-held picture with no button, so you end up with the front facing camera and a terrible quality photo.

In closing everything for this phone was so hyped the whole time it was coming out that it fails to deliver as the next big thing. After a few months with the phone, the so called great features fall into the realm of novelty, and your left with a phone that is complicated to make calls and texts on compared to what is on the market today. The camera and battery are good, but with the baggage that this comes with it, you might want to wait until the true "next big thing" gets here.

Rate and Discover Movies