on December 3, 2012
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is a great phone. It has so many wonderful features and is thin and curvy. I love my phone and only have 2 gripes:

1. Verizon is being ridiculously negligent in upgrading the world's best selling phone to Android Jelly Bean and insults it's customers by not even hinting when the upgrade might be available.
2. It uses a dual core processor in the US version while offering a quad core everywhere else in the world.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 24, 2012
I use to be a huge Motorola fan, but after having this phone for almost 2 months now, I know know that I have been missing out.

Love the phone overall. Read that some people had some "No-Sim Card" error. Only had this issue once, when i accidentally hit the sim card when I was changing the SD card out.
Just recently Samsung came out with an update that "fixed" this problem.

The cons that I have with this phone is that VERIZON got rid of the 50 GB dropbox offer for this phone, AND that Google wallet app is blocked by VERIZON.

I have to note that Verizon is coming out with a phone payment system of their own, so I guess that's understandable for them to block competition.

Another con is that the notification light for text messages stays lit a solid white/blue color till you acknowledge the new message.

Other than those cons, I have to say that this phone is the best I have ever had.

ONE RECOMMENDATION/COOL FEATURE: Is that using a cheap accessory (Micro USB Host *female*) you can attach a :Keyboard, mouse, even attach a thumb drive to your phone.

The accessory I found to work for me is called "eForCity Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter" It's $0.82 with free shipping, sold on amazon from Generic. It took a couple weeks to be mailed from China, but it's a cool adapter to have in my opinion.

Hope this review helps out :)
on April 14, 2013
I have owned the Samsung Galaxy S3 for about six months now. I must say I love it. I've owned the apple iPod, and iPad, but this phone blows those away. It has so many more features. You can create custom music settings, watch flash content, and there's a nice 4.7 inch high definition 1280x720 pixel screen. And since it's a flagship phone, you get a lot of updates and improvements. This phone always gets better.
The battery life is great to. I can usually comfortably get through a whole day of moderate usage with maybe 15-30 percent left. It also has NFC (Near Field Technology) built in so you can share pics and videos with friends by just touching phones or being close together. It's very light and easy to hold for its size. Typing is very natural to. I'm typing this review on my phone right now.
The camera is also great. You can snap pictures instantly. It's fast and full of detail. It's also incredible in low light situations. HD video is sweet also.
And wow is it tough. I was on the treadmill and I dropped mine. It hit the belt and spun off across my cement floor. Not a dent or scratch on mine. So I can definitely say that this phone is a great phone for anyone.
The inner specs are still pretty impressive, even compared to the new phones. It has a dual core 1.5 ghz processor. I know it's not a quad core like some newer phones, but it is still very fast at doing everything. It has 2 gigs of ram, which is still on par with the newest phones, and apps almost never close on me even when I've opened many other ones. It also has a decent amount of memory, and it even offers a memory card slot if you don't have enough. For the first time, I might keep a phone even when I can get a new one.
on December 4, 2012
I was a little discouraged about getting a phone this big but after purchasing it. i love this phone! it took some time getting used to but i found it a lot easier to multitask and had a lot more features then most phones. Although samsung has not updated the firmware often the os alone is already good to use. If you're looking for a good phone with a decent screen size i would recommend the s3. if you want bigger then you can always get the note 2. Although i was a little disappointed by the touching phones transfer. i actually takes a lot longer then i would have expected compared to the commercials and the battery life can be drained fairly quickly. Overall i do like this phone.
on November 29, 2012
This phone is amazing. great picture, easy to use and automatically downloaded the aps i had on my other phone! The price was insanely cheap, and much lower than at verizon wireless. the reason for 4 stars you ask? first, the charger plug in is on the bottom. which makes it hard using a car charger in a cradle. and secondly, and the biggest one, the placement of the buttons. power and volume exactly across from each other. its hard to hit one without the other while holding the phone normally with one hand. lastly there is no mini hdmi port......hope this review helps some of you.
on November 2, 2012
Everything works very nicely. I have yet to have a real problem, even tethering works smoothly with multiple devices.
I have dropped this phone one time and although it did get some scratches it still looks good and works, no cracked screen or any nonsense.
The battery life blows, but I use this thing constantly; movies, internet, reddit, I'm always on it so I just charge it everywhere. I charge it in my car, i charge it at home and I charge it at work, nbd.
I highly recommend this phone its great. :D
on August 13, 2012
This Samsung Galaxy SIII my first smartphone, so I'll admit that I don't have a lot of experience to compare this phone against others. So take this short review with a grain of salt.

The phone itself is great. Makes wonderful calls, has beautiful screen and has a wonderfully smooth feel to the glass screen. The performance has been wonderful, and I haven't had any application incompatibilities so far.
The camera is wonderful. My brother and I were competing against each other to take the best picture of our dad who was running in a race (aka. an action shot), and we both agreed that this phone did better than his really nice digital SLR camera.

The biggest (and only) shortfall is that this phone has poor battery life from what I'm used to with past "dumb phones." When I don't use it that much, the battery will last about a day and a half. However, if I'm doing GPS navigation or taking pictures, the phone's battery will drain very quickly. Of course, battery life is highly dependent on settings that the owner has configured for the phone. Also, I live in a rural area with poor cell-phone signal (no matter what carrier), so that has largely impacted my phone's battery life. I would expect that if I went to a less rural area, the battery life would increase substantially.

The phone comes with the following:
-The Samsung Galaxy SIII Smartphone
-Ear bud headphones with microphone, call control button, and volume adjustment
-Battery
-Charger with USB to micro USB cable
on January 25, 2013
There's lots to like about this phone. You probably have read all that. I'm going to tell you my specific reasons for giving this phone 2 stars after having it for 2 months.

I can boil it down to one thing then list specifics - the one thing is certain things stop working and can only be fixed by a reboot of the device. I didn't move from a 2 year old HTC product to the flagship Samsung product in order to have to reboot my device 3 to 5 times a day just to make basic functions work.

1. Voice input - the mic icon will sometimes not light up red or work, like the application cannot access the mic. Only fix I have found is to reboot the phone, and it works immediately.

2. Bluetooth music to my car stereo stutters. It didn't do this on my older phones which are half as powerful. A reboot fixes it.

3. GPS cannot get a fix. "Searching for GPS" will not go away. It will not get a fix. Toggling GPS on and off does not work. A reboot fixes it.

4. Drops wi-fi alot. Wifi disconnects, goes to 3g / 4g, then back to wifi ... all day long. Don't tell me it's my router or my signal. My old phone did not do this. My girlfriend's phone doesn't do this.

5. Apps stop responding - freeze up - screen sticks for 15-20 seconds sometimes. This shouldn't be happening on a phone this powerful.

6. Intermittently can't upload photos - to facebook, twitter, etc. They fail immediately. Reboot of phone fixes it every time.

7. And this one is probably Verizon ... switching between Wi-Fi, 3G, 4G on the fly is not exactly smooth. Connection invariably drops and takes more time than it should to pick back up.

I first went to Amazon with the issue. They told me to go to Verizon as it was past 30 days. Verizon would not let me e-mail customer service about it from their website. They want me to bring it to a retail store, which I have not had time to do yet. I e-mailed Samsung. They offered some troubleshooting - which was basically instructions on how to do a soft reset, then how to do a complete wipe of the phone if that didn't fix my issues. Soft reset did not fix it. I'm not really wanting to do a complete wipe at this point on a 2 month old phone. In any case I shouldn't have this many problems on a brand new flagship device from a major carrier. I tried to get Amazon to send me a device in advance and return packaging for the old one. No dice. I tried with Samsung. No dice. Verizon is my last hope and I really don't relish the thought of setting my phone up all over again ... but I guess it's my only chance of getting any kind of decent smart phone that is even as good as my 2 year old phone I just got rid of. In my opinion - this device is NOT all it's cracked up to be. Don't believe the hype.
on July 15, 2012
What most customer reviews fail to mention is the quality of the voice calls. I've been using the S3 for several days now and have decided that despite its gorgeous display (which comes with a much shorter battery life), processing power, and innovative features and user interface, it does not do well what I consider to be the primary purpose of a phone: allow you talk and people at both ends be able to hear your voice clearly. The microphone/speaker on the S3 is clearly inferior to the my old Motorola Droid X. People say my voice has a mechanical muffled quality, and their voices to me have a fuzzy, rasping quality. I've switched phones with my daughter, who owns an iPhone, and I've listened to her, and I can verify what others say about how my voice sounds speaking into the S3. I'm sorry to say that the S3 is going back to Verizon tomorrow while I'm still within my 14 trial period. I'll miss most things about the S3, but my main requirement must be met and the S3 doesn't cut it.
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 7, 2013
Verified Purchase
The product arrived on-time and works mostly as advertised.

But it's the dealing with Verizon that always sours an experience. They claim that all their smart phones are unlocked, but they don't tell you that the unlocking does NOT apply to data -- unless you know to ask specifically, in which case you probably already know their game.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations