4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone so far! Highly Recommended
I've had the new Galaxy 3 for a few days and it has really grown on me. I upgraded from the Galaxy S (Captivate) which I loved as my first smartphone but I got it as a free refurbished model so it had a few issues (nonfunctioning GPS and random hiccups and restarts here and there). I was a bit wary of sticking to Samsung after having a bit of trouble with the previous...
Published 21 months ago by Pushpin

3.0 out of 5 stars S III- I really wanted to like it...
... And I do, mostly. The device itself is nice. Unfortunately, the device is only half of the story. The issues I have are primarily with the programming of the device.

I had high hopes for S-Voice. I commute 2 hours each way to work, and was really looking forward to having a voice program that I could really use to make calls, send messages, and set...
Published 13 months ago by S. LOTT

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Switched from Apple to Android and not going back, April 25, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Moving from Apple, to Android was not as bad as we thought. I had gotten tired of all the restrictions and limitations that they put on their phones. I wanted to give the (Dark side) a try. I am happy to say I am glad I did. Rolled the entire family to androids and there is no going back. The phones are very responsive and best of all they are PHONES, not a single dropped call since we changed. I use to drop calls every afternoon on my way home, as I switched towers. Same route, same time of day, 1 1/2 months of use and not a single dropped call. I love all of the bells and whistles, but at the end of the day it is a phone. If it can't handle its primary use, then there is a problem. We were an apple family for 7 years, but we are an Android family now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung makes another great phone!, September 14, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I upgraded to the Galaxy S III from the Samsung Captivate (the AT&T version of the original Galaxy S). This phone is beautifully designed and very fast. I'm loving it!

The glass that Samsung uses for their Galaxy phones is very strong. I never used a screen protector on my Galaxy S and it only had two minor scratches after over two years. I do not doubt that this screen will fare as well. They have added an oleophobic coating to cut down on fingerprints, it is somewhat successful as there are definitely fewer fingerprints but the screen does still get smudged quite often.

The hardware inside is so much better than the Galaxy S, which was a strong phone. I can tell it has more processing power "under the hood" and the GPS is immensely better than the original Galaxy S's troubled GPS. I have no problem getting an accurate and consistent location with this phone.

4G internet is amazing. In Columbia, SC I have tested it at 20Mbps, faster than my cable internet.

There are a few things I do not like about the design of this phone, but they are relatively minor. First, the back is made of plastic and is not easy to remove. On the Samsung Captivate it was metal and had a nice mechanism to remove it and lock it in place. It felt so much more sturdy than this. That said, after over a month of using the phone with no case, there are only a few minor scratches to the back. However, with the old phone, after over 2 years of usage with no case there were only a couple of minor scratches that were caused by my carelessness in putting it into the same pocket as my keys one time.

Another possible problem is that the screen itself is curved. This means that a) screen protectors will not stay on the screen well unless you use a case. It also means that if you aren't using a screen protector and place the phone face-down on a surface, the screen is in contact with the surface. With the Captivate there was a slight bezel around the screen that would prevent it from resting directly on a surface. However, if this screen is as strong as the old one, this shouldn't be a problem.

A purely personal preference, I do not like having the USB connector and the headphone jack on opposite ends of the phone. If I have it plugged in charging and hooked up to a speaker I have wires coming out of both ends and this is hard to manage in a neat way. This may not bother some users.

I was very disappointed, however, that this phone only has 16gb internal storage. The Galaxy S had 16gb storage, why didn't they bump it up to 32gb with this phone? Flash memory isn't that expensive these days. At least it has an external microSD slot.

In summary, this is a great, powerful phone with a few slight design problems that may not cause you any issues. It's not the latest and greatest but the price with a contract cannot be beat. If you're looking to upgrade from a phone that is 2-3 years old, especially if you have used a previous Galaxy S version and enjoyed it, you should definitely check out the Galaxy S III.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, August 12, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I love this phone. Lighter than my HTC Sense. Performs well. No freezing. Pretty simple to use I think. Lots of cool features. I didn't think I would like the S swipe to type--instead of touching each letter as if you were typing you glide your finger from one letter to the next. I'm addicted to this and find myself trying to do this on other things which don't have the S swipe.
*** Note to developers you may want to take the hint and start integrating this to other devices such as laptops. It is faster and a lot more fun than keyboarding---I am a Medical Secretary and do a lot of this!!
I have not use the share feature which allows you to touch your phone to someone else's Galaxy S III and share a song, picture, etc... However, I do know that the feature has an on/off setting so if you are a nervous nelly like me you don't have to worry about accidently sharing something with another phone that is nearby.
\The phone holds a charge well and I am not constantly running to a charger as I was with my HTC Sense. Not as heavy a phone as the Sense either.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST Smartphone that I have ever owned!, July 22, 2012
MFDA (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
OVERALL - The BEST Smartphone that I have ever owned! I have owned everything from Blackberry phones to Palm Treos. My last two smartphones were a Samsung Captivate and a Motorola Atrix 2. This smartphone is one beautifully designed, well constructed, top of the line device! This review will be simple and to the point, if you're in the market for an Android device, this is it.

PROS - Its slim form factor, the blue color, the large screen, its lightweight feel, and its variation of Android's Ice Cream Sandwich...oh and you can assign high quality photos to your contacts (that will make sense to those of you who hate the fact that MOST Android devices don't allow you to do this).

CONS - It can be a bit too large for some people, I would definitely recommend that you check it out in a store prior to making your purchase. And like all other non-Nexus devices, you won't be getting the lastest Android software updates.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing phone, July 7, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
You really don't need reviews about this phone from amazon since there are tons of in depth reviews elsewhere. This phone is very, very nice. I converted from apple and I couldn't be happier. The OS is smooth and polished. The features and UI is beautiful. People complain about build quality and where that is slightly true with the size and weight of the phone a nice case feels right at home. I toyed with this and the one x from HTC, you can't go wrong either way but the Samsung has better upgrade potential. Battery is so-so but none of them shine outside of the razr maxx. Don't hesitate to get this device it is very good all around.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had it a Year Now.. A Great Phone, September 12, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The Samsung Galaxy S III was my first smart phone. I got mine from Verizon when they first came out.
I'm over a year in my contract with this phone and I don't have any complaints whatsoever.
It's been very reliable and I have not had any durability issues.
Have always kept a protective case on it.
Only issues I had was my own learning curve but that didn't take as long as I thought it would.
A Great Phone...! Highly Recommend It.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone at a great price, August 19, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The S3 has been really good to me, the high screen resolution lets me scale down text small and still have a crisp UI. It's snappy and responsive, even on stock unrooted ROM. I usually have over 50% battery at the end of the day and I use WiFi all day... 10/10, 5 stars. I'd be happy with it even if I spent $100, and Amazon charged $9.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, August 8, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My boyfriend and I both bought new phones and they are amazing. Came on time and were perfect for our needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, June 4, 2013
Edward Ducote (Leesville, La., US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is the first smartphone I have ever owned. I've been around many, and looked and read about a lot, but I settled in on the GS3 and man, this is a fine phone. It's like a mini tablet capable of making calls, texting, web surfing, etc. When you first palm it, it is a little overwhelming with its size. But once you see the screen view, the size makes sense. That screen is so crisp it makes me stare at it (LOL). Unless you are a tech dude/dudette, this phone is so far beyond a casual user. It will definitely open the future to learning about these magnificient devices and their almost limitless capabilties. The only thing I would advise about this phone is that if you are a heavy user, you may want to get the extended battery (4500) which comes with a new back cover to allow for the bigger battery dimension.....or keep a charger nearby. All in all, a fabulous smartphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing..Totally Amazing., May 8, 2013
Cornell Jenkins (New York City, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S III, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
My mom got this phone in December 2012 and loved it (she upgraded from a basic phone to a smartphone). I saw this phone was 39.89 and HAD to get on this deal. I wanted a Galaxy Note II, but the price turned me off. I could have gotten a Galaxy S4 for $168, newer AND cheaper than it, but I like the GS3 better for some reason. The Galaxy Note II is just a bigger version of the GS3, so it wasn't too much of a big deal. I may end up returning this phone for the GS4, but I doubt it, I love this phone! It won't be here until 5/10/13 and my Otterbox (which I highly recommend you get, no matter what type of smartphone you get) will be here on the 13th. If you have any doubts about this phone --- DON'T! It's totally spectacular and so worth it, and at the price, you're practically stealing it! Amazon Wireless is so convenient because they helped me add on a line with no hassles, whereas if I would have called AT&T there would have been some type of problem. Once the phone gets here (I got a red one)I'll do another review. But again --- BUY THIS PHONE!!!

-------****5/9/13 Follow up**

I woke up with this morning to check my package and where it was and they proceeded to say that "It was sent to the wrong carrier facility". It was supposed to be here tomorrow but it is now delayed by THREE DAYS. I order TONS of things from Amazon and I've never had a problem with any of my orders being delayed. Usually the things I order are nonessential but I need this phone for work and now I have to wait an extra three days. I'm giving Amazon Wireless a bad rating..I knew this would happen. I knew it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 315 | Next ›