Optimized for peak performance, the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy S III offers one of the most sophisticated interactive mobile experiences to date. You'll be able to send photos, videos, and information easier and faster than ever while staying in close connection to friends and family members from wherever you are.
Samsung Galaxy S III 4G
At a Glance:
- 3G/4G LTE connectivity
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.5 GHz dual-core Snapdragon processor
- 4.8-inch Super AMOLED touchscreen
- 16 GB memory + microSD
- 8-MP camera, HD 1080p video capture
- GPS navigation
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0
- Near Field Communications (NFC)
- Personal/corporate e-mail
Delivering impressive processing power to allow more applications to be accessible simultaneously, the Galaxy S III also features a brilliant 4.8-inch display that extends to an ultra-thin bezel to maximize the viewing area. The expansive display is also protected by Gorilla Glass 2.0 to guard against cracks and scratches and provide enhanced touchscreen responsiveness.
The Galaxy S III runs the Android 4.1 operating system (a.k.a., Jelly Bean), bringing a redesigned user interface with enhanced multitasking, notifications, full Web browsing experience, and more. You'll also enjoy innovative, next-gen features such as Face Unlock, which uses facial recognition to unlock the Galaxy S III, and Near Field Communications (NFC) capabilities.
Going beyond simple point-and-shoot photography, the 8-megapixel rear camera offers a Burst Shot mode that captures still pictures at a rapid-fire pace at three images per second with zero shutter lag, and its Best Shot feature recommends the best picture to keep based on colors, lighting, and clarity. It also records Full HD 1080p video with a backside illuminated sensor that improves performance in low light environments--and you can even capture a photo while shooting video.
Other features include Bluetooth 4.0 with stereo audio streaming, 16 GB internal storage, memory expansion via optional microSD cards, and up to 9.2 hours of talk time.
Simple, Instant Sharing
The Galaxy S III has enhanced features that both you and your contacts will enjoy. It's designed to make sharing easy and more direct so your friends and family can experience every moment with you, regardless of your location.
Connect Through Touch: With S Beam, just place two Galaxy S III phones back-to-back and you can transfer photos, videos, documents, and more. In just three minutes you can successfully share a 1 GB video file--it's fast, easy, and you don't even need a Wi-Fi or cellular signal.
Send Pictures in a Flash: Thanks to Buddy Photo Share, the Galaxy S III recognizes the faces of your friends, so it can share photos with them right away. And with Share Shot, you can send photos to all your party guests so everyone leaves with snapshots of the event.
Access Content on Multiple Devices: Through AllShare Play, you can share files with other devices and access those files on various devices, such as documents or multimedia files between your Galaxy S III phone and a tablet, PC, or television. With AllShare Group Cast on the Galaxy S III and a Wi-Fi network, you can share and collaborate on documents, presentations or images in real-time with multiple friends or co-workers without loading the file separately.
Intelligent and Intuitive Interaction
Smart enough to detect your face, voice and motions, the Galaxy S III provides a more convenient and natural way for you to interact so it fits seamlessly into your daily routine.
Tell Your Phone What to Do: The S Voice feature enables the Galaxy S III to actually listen and respond to your words: tell it to wake up, snooze, take a photo, answer a call, send a text message, or play a favorite song.
Don't Miss a Message: If you've been away from your phone, the Smart Alert feature will give you a vibrating nudge to let you know about missed calls and messages.
The Samsung Galaxy S III weighs 4.7 ounces and measures 5.4 x 2.8 x 0.3 inches. Its 2100 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 9.2 hours of talk time.
What's in the Box
Samsung Galaxy S III handset, rechargeable battery, charger, USB cable, quick start guide
- Next-generation Bluetooth 4.0 backward compatible with older Bluetooth-enabled peripherals and includes stereo audio streaming.
- Near Field Communication (NFC) for sharing contacts, web pages, directions, and more to compatible phones as well as payments via Google Wallet.
- GPS for navigation and location services
- Integrated Google Maps with turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views.
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Full HTML browser with Adobe Flash Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync as well as mobile e-mail accounts (Google push, Yahoo!, POP3, IMAP).
- Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor capable of opening web pages twice as fast as most other smartphones.
- 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED multi-touch screen (1280 x 720 pixels)
- MicroUSB port
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 16 GB internal memory (non-expandable)
- microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 64 GB.
- 2 GB RAM for improved multitasking.
- 8-megapixel camera with continuous auto focus, zero shutter lag, face detection, high dynamic range mode, burst mode, and more.
- Full HD 1080p video capture (30 fps)
- Front-facing 1.9-megapixel camera for HD video chats and self portraits.
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA, and AAC/AAC+
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, H.263, WMV