Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: One Size|Color: black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$4.95+ Free shipping

on March 26, 2014
This product seems to have a lot of variants & unfortunately, Amazon has grouped all of the reviews together. So to be clear, this review is for the black generic rubberized protector. The main thing that should be pointed out is that this is a hard case that comes in 2 pieces that snaps on. Do not let the word "rubberized" fool you. I have always been doubtful of hard cases as I have seen many hit the ground & break apart leading me to believe that they may not provide great protection (especially since that leaves the bare phone to bounce/slide across the floor).

The pros: fits perfectly over the phone & has cutouts for everything necessary (altho perhaps cut a little too big). The soft paint has a nice soft/warm texture that makes the otherwise super slippery Galaxy Light easy to grip. I really like the matte color & the fact that bezel is above the screen so that when laying face down (so that the loudspeaker is up) the glass never touches anything.

The cons: this case is very difficult to remove. I have yet to get it off even with the coin slot remover help. This also lead to the other con, while trying to pry the case open I discovered that the paint can be scratched which leaves white marks.

For the price (the one at the T-Mobile store cost 6x as much), this is not a bad case just be aware that removing it will be a challenge.

Updated: watched a video online & discovered the easy way to remove this case: After using a penny to pop open the area around the coin slot, all you have to do is put a credit card (or any other other thin hard object) between the 2 pieces & slide it all the way around the phone. The case came apart effortlessly with this method.
on January 25, 2014
This case is made from very brittle plastic. Don't expect it to survive very long because mine didn't after an encounter with gravity.
on April 6, 2015
I got this for a friend, because is very few made for this phone. Advertised as rubber, what a joke. The case is made of a cheap plasic that bends, and also it a two piece construction that comes apart. It's a garbage case, and I just threw it in the garbage as it does nothing to protect the phone. Why does the seller have it makes 19.99 then mark it down to $4. It's not even worth $4. This would be my first review on Amazon, I never write reviews period, had to write this one. GARBAGE....
review image
on December 2, 2015
This case is crap. I was looking for a cheap case for my wifes phone and this fit the bill! I understand that I am not buying a top end case but it would be nice if it would would actually stay on the phone. It worked for about a week and then it would not stay together. The cut outs were great and no problems with the charge cord, headphones or any buttons. It got to the point that she just went without a case for her phone.
on October 11, 2014
I bought this for my Samsung Galaxy light. I have not yet tested the protector in real life, I can say that it is tough, lightly rubberized on the surface and offers some confidence that a drip will not be a fatal event for my phone.

This cover does not interfere with activation any of the phone's features or with charging of the phone. The carrying case designed for the Galaxy light easily fits this protector as it is quite thin.
on March 23, 2015
Was in a rush to get a case an ordered this, was kinda bummed when I realized it was a plastic case and not TPU or the flexible rubber stuff(I've broken a lot of plastic cases the first time I try and remove them). I was pleasantly surprised though when I removed the case and all of the clips stayed intact. I do a lot of recording on my phone then need to put the SD in my computer so the case goes on and off a lot and still after two months its held up!
on June 18, 2015
Bought this for my Samsung lite phone. It us too small. I didn't know there were different model numbers to the older lite so it doesn't fit ... My fault and not the sellers. So not giving a bad rating. It is exactly as shown.
on December 9, 2014
It's a two piece case which is a little chunky. Also, as it's hard plastic, it doesn't offer much protection (other than corner/scratch protection). Not my thing, will be getting another case. Gave it 3 stars as there's nothing wrong with it, just not what I was looking for.
on February 13, 2015
At this point, I think I've dropped my Android phone at least 40 times. This case has saved my screen from cracking each and every time. The case finally broke into pieces 14 months after I bought it (and that time, I didn't even drop it; just took it out of my jeans back pocket). But, for the price I paid, I couldn't ask for a better product that allows me to be a bonehead and not break my spendy phone.
on December 23, 2013
This product is very low quality and has no stability to it- it's a very good temporary solution and compared to the $25 cases they sell at the store- this is good for the time being. But if you are looking for a permanent solution- please keep looking and spend a little more to get a bigger bang for your buck! I'm not too regretful for this purchase-because I expected this quality for so cheap- but I will be looking for a better case soon!

See 1 answered question