5.0 out of 5 stars Not the pinnacle of new technology, but Android perfection (for now...)
(9/16/2013: Figured I'd put a cap on this review by mentioning I've retired the Galaxy Nexus in favor of a Motorola Droid Maxx, which very much feels like the Galaxy Nexus version 2.0 -- about the same physical size, nearly stock Android, superb all-day battery, great radios, and very swift and fluid.)

There are phones with bigger screens (Galaxy Note), faster...
Published on December 15, 2011 by Nathaniel Allen

3.0 out of 5 stars Solid device crippled by certain issues
Ok so this is more of a 3.5. And mind you, this is going to be LEGIT because I've had this device for almost a month.

What I like a lot about the phone:

1) Size of screen - very easy to read!
2) ICS - very clean interface and runs smooth, not necessarily super intuitive, but very functional! I wish I could say I love the task manager button...
Published on January 21, 2012 by N. Gu

‹ Previous | 112 13 1427 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone when it works, but unfortunately unreliable, January 15, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G Android Phone (Verizon Wireless) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone for 1.5 years and it's had several reliability issues. Would not recommend!
(1) Battery life is really bad - this was immediate. I've had to charge my phone all day at work. Even with minimal use, the phone seems to last at most 8-12 hours, so if you're out of the house/office/car you need extra batteries.
(2) Random restarts - the phone reboots itself randomly.
(3) Headphone jack issues - the phone started to think the headphones were always plugged in, preventing me from talking on the phone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice phone but not supported by Verizon, January 12, 2014
Had this phone for over 2 years. Great phone except you can't have 4G going and still expect to make and receive phone calls and texts at the same time! You see the bars thinking you have good Verizon reception, but you actually don't! You then shut down your phone, reboot, and then it all comes back, for a while..... and you never know when it is gone again. This is a very common problem with these phones and the Verizon network. Which they seemingly don't want to fix. Check out the Verizon wireless forum for more in depth info about this. Being that Verizon couldn't fix my phone, I dowloaded an app that allows me to turn off 4G. So for a year and a half, I am getting all my calls, I get texts, but only plain texts. Texts with photos, attachments, etc are still blocked. Also group texts from others are blocked. These need 4G to work. So, great phone, but not in the Verizon network.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and easy-to-use smart phone, August 13, 2013
Pros:
- Large screen with nice resolution, easy to read text and see pictures
- Great for photos, autofocus is great, picture adjustment options, intuitive and easy to use
- Almost never locks-up or runs slowly, even on WiFi, with several browser windows open
- Battery lasts about ~1 day with browsing internet, uploading photos, taking photos pretty regularly throughout the day
- Wide variety of applications to install from Google Play, easy installation and opening
- Great interface, easy to use, intuitive
- Thin enough to fit easily into pants pocket, even with my rubber casing

Cons:
- For those with small hands, some difficulty with using the phone with one hand - I often dropped the phone initially; get a screen protector/casing if you have small hands! Easily "slips" out of the hand if you don't have a rubbery type grip casing
- Standard ringtone selection is mostly soft and soothing, but only a few are loud enough to hear in a crowded room or on the bus/tram. Can be easily solved by installing other ringtones.

1.0 out of 5 stars Drops calls every time I'm on a call, July 21, 2013
I read the reviews and should have listened. Luckily I don't use my phone for business, but to drop a call every time is unacceptable. No wonder Verizon doesn't carry this POS anymore! I will never buy Samsung again!

1.0 out of 5 stars VZW is now 4 updates behind, February 15, 2013
VZW also known as big red or Verizon Wireless should never be allowed to carry another Nexus phone again. The phone I have is now 4 major Android updates behind. The phone is buggy and only gets buggier with time. Nexus is supposed to mean something, it is supposed to mean updates both minor and major as soon as they are available instead VZW just sits on them blaming everyone but themselves. There is little to no hardware support for this phone their techs cannot or will not help on the phone. VZW screwed the users who hoped for the PURE Google Experience, which never happened.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very short battery life and other problems, January 20, 2013
I am an electronics engineer with 20+ years of working engineer. I got this phone immediately after it appears on the market.

1- That battery life on this phone is 4 hours at the best. This is a serious problem if you are traveling.
2- It overheats and you actually feel the phone getting hot.
3- I changed the phone twice with the same problems.
4- The software is fine, but that's vanilla Android.

This phone uses Samsung CPU and I think that is the source of high battery consumption.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, awful battery life, October 30, 2012
Very slick phone, the Jelly Bean update made everything even smoother and Google Now was very neat.

Unfortunately, the battery doesn't cut it. I found myself REQUIRED to charge it at my desk at work, leaving 4G LTE/wifi/GPS off, not syncing anything and leaving the screen at the minimum setting (or, blank-in-sunlight, as I like to call it). I even tried custom ROMs/kernels.

Needless to say, the battery makes this otherwise wonderful phone a dumb phone. You just can't use it that much and have to disable a lot of the features.
I ended up selling it after 6 months for something with a smaller screen and greater battery life. I regret purchasing this over the Razr MAX, which at the time didn't have an ICS update yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, October 30, 2012
So far I am enjoying this phone. I upgraded from a Droid Eris so it is a vast improvement. My Nexus is updated with Jelly Bean so it looks sleek. It does get a little warm at times, but not a concern yet (had phone for 3 weeks now). Battery could be a little better, but if you charge it overnight all should be good. Audio wise - when playing music it could be louder, when watching videos audio is ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nexus, October 22, 2012
I have to say,I really like this phone,I am no expert,I like the screen size like how quick i can access internet,messages,text etc,no complaints here performs as promised..........now the suprise for some (I am an average user,dont play games on this dont feel the need to load it up with apps,turned the wifi off)and I average a couple of days before it needs charging,I note this as there have been alot of complaints about battery life,I have the standard battery in place and was alittle cautious about this phone,(bought my wife a Razr Maxx due to extended battery life) running flat quickly,BUT read a great review and video review from another user and followed his advice to conserve energy and it works.
The screen is great,its large and crystal clear,takes really good pictures front and back,obviously the rear is better,but front works well for skype.
Keyboard is responsive and accurate texting is quick,my wife downloaded an app (and I have downloaded 3 total) for ringtones and that works without issue.
I bought a case from a vendor on Amazon,didnt want to pay Verizon $25+ for the protector shell and holster from them when I could buy it on Amazon for $7.50,I also bought a very inexpensive protector case aswell with a 'guy'type blue skulls design and much to my suprise that case fits in the same holster as the protector shell does too,albeit snug but it works.
Dont have any technical info to add I just like the phone and it serves my purposes,however,I did pay attention to ALL reviews and did add a LONG warranty just in case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best smartphone I've ever owned, October 16, 2012
Amazon Customer (San Lorenzo, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Although this phone is large, it fits well in my hands. People with smaller hands might not like it so much, but I love the size. The screen is big and beautiful, and movies look superb. The camera is good; the everything else (and there is a lot of that) just works, and works well. Only one nit to pick: Verizon should STOP BLOCKING GOOGLE WALLET.

‹ Previous | 112 13 1427 | Next ›