4.0 out of 5 stars Hard working fast phone
I have not been this excited about a cell phone since waiting for the original iPhone one to come out. Yes, I am a early adapter.

I love the huge screen. Yes it is big and to some that is a draw back, but I use my phone a lot, but rarely to make phone calls. I am going to school and like to place my PDFs, books, Tabers medical dictionary and other school books...
Published on February 21, 2012 by Thomas M. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Battery life
I have owned the phone for more than a month. I like the phone, but the battery life is very poor. The phone is fully charged in the morning. By mid afternoon it is less than 30 percent and has to enter into the power saving mode. I typically make a total of 30 to 45 minute phone calls and spend 30 minutes to an hour on the web. I have to actively manage the time I use...
Published 22 months ago by Tom Cool

5.0 out of 5 stars One HOT wireless phone !, July 30, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 4G Android Phone, White (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This is just the BEST wireless handset out there.

The screen is big and gorgeous. Bright and vivid color. 5.3" of pure visual honey.

The stylus is handy.

It is speedy and smooth. Apps launch fast and moving between screens is fluid.

The 2500 mAh battery is high capacity and lasts all day.

Once you have this "phablet" phone there is no going back to smaller screens.

Audio quality is quite good through the built-in speakers and the earpiece.

Highly recommended !

3.0 out of 5 stars Good phone, bad battery, July 8, 2012
This is a great phone as many preious reviewers stated. The touch screen is smooth and responsive, almost as good as iPhones, and much better than my previous Samsung phones. The screen is big enough to do various kinds of reading comfortably.
The battery of this phone is really a disappointment. I only use the phone lightly, less than 10 minutes of call each day, 30 to 60 minutes's of reading, and less than 10 minutes on internet. But the phone's battery cannot last more than 8 hours, which means you have to do multiple charges during the day. What's wired about the battery is it can go from 50% battery usage to < 10% while the phone is on standby. The battery performace becomes worse and worse. Lately the battery can go from 50% to totaly drained in a few hours while it's on standby. I have tried to figure out what's going on while the phone is on standby. I turned off GPS (always when not using the navigation tool), bluetooth, WiFi, and all user applications before I let it standby. The end result is the same- the battery went from 50% to < 10%.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - UPDATED REVIEW, June 10, 2012
I bought this phone about 2 months ago to replace an IPhone 3GS. (I briefly upgraded to the IPhone 4 but took it back. My 3GS backlight died and I needed to replace the phone. I saw many adds for the Galaxy note and they piqued my interest. There are several things I really like about this phone when compared to my Iphone -

1. The battery is user replaceable

2. You can easily expand the memory via MicroSD cards - I added a 32Gig card, but I have read that you can use cards up to 64GB

3. The large screen size means that I can actually see web pages without having to squint or wear magnifying glasses.

4. The 8 megapixel camera is incredible.

As with the IPhone there are lots of apps.

What I don't like compared to my IPhone -

1. The battery life of the Note is much less than the battery life of my IPhone. I think it probably has to do with the increased size of the screen. Even when I enable power saving features the phone still sucks up battery life at a voracious pace. (but I can buy an extra battery)

2. I can't get one of my favorite driving apps - GPS Drive - it's only made for the IPhone.

I like this phone and think that it is much better than the 3GS that I had. I can't compare it to the IPhone 4 (any version) - I did have one for a short time when they first came out , but returned it for an IPhone 3GS.

I am happy that there is now an Otterbox case available for this phone and would recommend that anyone purchasing this phone get a good case - the phone is big and it can slip out of your hands.

On a scale of one to 10 I would give this phone an 8 to a 9 - I would give it a nine if the batter life was better. I would give it a 4.5 but there is no such rating!

Now that I have had this phone for a while I can report the following -

I am still very pleased with the phone compared to my IPhone.

You can greatly increase the battery life by turning off GPS!

You can download "Juice Defender" for free - it will help you to get much more battery life out of this phone.

The battery usage was my biggest complaint.

I have grown used to the native mapping features and though I still miss GPS drive, the supplied mapping program will get you there just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE THIS PHONE!!!!, June 7, 2012
Amazon Customer (Southampton, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this phone because I couldn't type emails on the iphone. I had a Blackberry but didn't like the apps or the web. This is perfect. I love the stylus ... use it all the time. I can use it to write emails but I don't have to because the larger phone is very easy to type emails on. It has voice search which works very well. The Google Play is great for music and I've got all my itunes music easily through Google play. Splash ID works seamlessly and there is an app for Outlook, which is why I used to be chained to Blackberry. The App for Outlook is called Deja Office and after a little bit of fiddling, it works perfectly. There is a super compass app which overlays on top of the camera. Very cool. The camera/video is great and the large screen is definitely a plus. I got the Galaxy Note cover in Orange which replaces the back of the phone, and it's very thin and terrific. This is definitely the best phone I've ever had. Really love it. Love writing notes and shopping lists with the stylus. Notepad appears whenever you tap twice on the phone ... great feature. I've had it two weeks. All my books are on Kindle app, downloaded tv shows which look great on the terrific screen, got my Outlook ... Can't say enough good things about this phone. Look out Iphone. I'm in love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the line phone. First of many good phones to come!, April 23, 2012
I give this phone 5 stars all the way around. It's fast, the screen is beautiful, and crafted very well. The operating system is awesome. If you can deal with people telling "that's a big phone" you will have no complaints with this thing. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can Finally Surf The Web! (And See It), April 9, 2012
This Note is simply the best mobile computing device on the market right now.

The display is so colorful and clear you actually want to use it. And with it's ample size, you can actually read text and type on it. I've been through 4 different cell phones in the last 6 months and finally landed on this one.

The note is the phone which has ended my search for the ultimate phone. This thing can do anything and has a better display than my laptop and most TV's. The fast processor makes for a fast user experience and gaming.

In fact, I think this has gotta be the best gaming phone on the market. The S-Pen is an extra added goodie that I actually did use. But let's be clear here - the thing that separates this phone from everything on the market is that screen. The screen in both SIZE, COLOR AND CLARITY.

Some say it's too big, but I say it's beautiful.

When I first saw this at Best Buy for some reason I immediately discounted it. Like I could never afford it, or it was absurd. But every time I went to Best Buy I'd find myself playing with the phone. Amazed that the screen was so dang usable! Well, I guess now we know why Best Buy lost billions. I went home and Bought the phone on Amazon Wireless for $250! Saved me from buying it at Best Buy.

lol, this is a great phone and I cannot recommend it enough. It's changed my life - when I'm away from my computer it's not really that big of a deal because I do almost anything on my Note.

This is a revolutionary device that everyone should get the pleasure of owning.

4.0 out of 5 stars I really like it., April 7, 2012
Nidanracni (PALM HARBOR, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This is my first Android phone so maybe some of what I say is Android related too.

At first the size was off putting and sometimes I was even a little embarrassed of it but now I'm totally used to it. I recently came across a friends iphone and I had this overwhelming feeling that it was too small to do anything with it!

Overall, I would definitely get this phone again though I wish we North Americans could get the nice international version for the contract price at AT&T instead of the ridiculous soft-key'd version we get. I love this phone and I'm really glad I switched from iPhone to it. Yes, it's big but you get used to it and can't live without the size.

Pros
------

-The size allows you to really do so much more than a smaller phone. I'm on the go between work and school for 12+ hours a day and I can't always lug my laptop around with me. This phone lets me have more capabilities without another device.

-Using swipe text input and the stylus you can text so much faster than with your finger or another input method.

-I love the customizable vibration intensity. I have it on the lowest possible setting so it's barely discernible.

-When I have LTE signal my connection is faster than my very good home wifi

-Has Flash. The main reason I left iPhone. I don't understand why Adobe is letting Apple beat them down by discontinuing mobile Flash. Yes I've heard the arguments that there are better things than Flash but Flash is everywhere now.

-I love the rooster alarm
-I love being able to download apps from anywhere
-I love the notifications bar on the top and it's versatility.

Cons
------

-The biggest, most irritating problem is severe lag. When I am texting and a message is sending the phone often totally freezes until the message is sent. Other times when Im navigating menus there is lag so that I end up accidentally clicking on the wrong thing. Sometimes I press the back key and nothing happens so I'm not sure I pressed it and I press it again only to find out there was just lag. This is immensely, unbelievably rage inspiring when on the 2nd page of the browser because it will cause the whole browser to close.

-The 2nd biggest con are the 4 pseudo-buttons on the bottom. I am CONSTANTLY accidentally hitting them. I just cannot imagine what we North America to deserve such ridiculous inane buttons. They are in the way, it's hard to hold the phone sometimes without pressing them, the stylus for some unimaginable reason doesn't work on them.

-When I am in a non-LTE area my connection is 1/10th the speed. Painfully Slow.

-The button on the stylus. I don't use the style for drawing or writing. I use it to navigate menus, applications, swipe text entry. I find it faster because it's more precise but I'm always accidentally pressing the button on the stylus which tends to bring up some note pad app which seems useless because it's not feasible to write or draw with the stylus.

-The button placement on the side. At first I thought I was just used to the top button of the iPhone but it is really hard to press the side button without accidentally pressing the volume button on the other side.

-The non-speaker call volume is WAY too low. I have to park very far from campus everyday and I like to talk on the phone to pass the time as I'm walking to and from my car. Sometimes I can barely hear the other person because of the ambient outside noises even though the volume is on high.

Neutral
-------
-The browser situation. I am a firefox fan so I downloaded it on the phone. But I can't get flash to work on it so I started using the built in browser again. Only as an imgur.com fan I like to view animated gif's. They often won't work or will freeze on the built in browser but work great on the firefox app.
-If you charge it by plugging into a lap top it charges insanely slowly but if you plug it into a wall adapter it's much faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Ten TIMES Better than a Kindle Fire, August 7, 2012
dray (Redding, CA, United States) - See all my reviews
This phone cost me the same as a kindle Fire and it is TEN TIMES better. The battery last's longer the screen is almost as big. For exactly the same price I get a device that does ten times as much as the Kindle Fire will do. The plug in my Kindle Fire is shot it almost wont charge any more. Guess what Amazon tells me ok it is not a year old yet but just throw it away and buy a new one. Every owner out there has this problem with the Kindle Fire of the plugin being no good yet Amazon wont fix them at all. Well guess what we are trying to interest the Attorney Generals Office into filling a class action suit to fix them all no matter where you live. So amazon go suck water.

dray

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, August 27, 2013
The phones battery only last about 3 hours playing on it 1/2 the time. It freezes more often then not. Scratches easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars best phone I've ever owned, July 15, 2013
I had many cell phones. My last being the iPhones, and I was considering another iPhone (5)..I decided to check out the Galaxy Note 2...& I never looked back.
First, it runs so smooth. It dies bit lag, nor did i ever have to remove battery to reboot the phone like the blackberry days. I quickly feel in love with androids interface and I like t touch wiz which is Samsung skin (launcher). I however find myself having fun and installing other launchers on play store. This size is PERFECT!!!!! I do not know how I managed with a smaller phone.
The spen, I love all the features of the pen, and am using it along with Kii keyboard to write this review. You can cut Collins and pictures and either email or just place on clip board for later. The amounts of things to do on the p phone is mind blowing.
The Camera, it is fantastic. I absolutely love how the pictures come out. The gestures are so user friendly that it takes push down and then turn phone when you need a quick snapshot.
I rate this phone five stars across the board and recommended to many people.
Yes now there's the s4 and HTC one.... But I'm so happy and an not going smaller.. it's true, size matters.I an a female with average hands and this phone is not too large.
Try it, I'm sure you won't be dissaponted. Look at a few you tube videos and check out the features.
Oh, watching videos, movies and reading this books has never been more easier.I read my kindle paper white and than when I'm out, I read the kindle app, or download epubs:-)

ARRAY(0xa91ce7b0)

Samsung Galaxy Note 4G Android Phone, White (AT&T)
Click for more info
Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.