Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Samsung Galaxy 7.0" Tab Protective Leather Easel Case, Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on February 21, 2011
Ok, everything WAS ok with this case...before I pop the MAJOR con, I will stress out the pros. I like the exterior finish...it has a matte, velvety finish on the outside. The interior is ok, but could have been better. There is an elastic strap that you can use to keep the case fastened. You can use the case a stand as well, which I found pretty helpful. All the side buttons, ports on the tablet are accessible as the casing had neatly cutout sections to expose them...BUT, but...get this...THEY FORGOT the tablet has a rear facing CAMERA!!!? There is no hole/cutout on the backside, so I cant use the rear facing camera. I have to take it out of the casing in order to use it to take a picture. It never struck me when I was checking out its images on the newegg product page. Anyways I am thinking I will punch a hole there myself...cant be bothered with returning this for something else!
99 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2011
I purchased my tab around black friday 2010 and at the time there wasn't many cases available. This case was what was available and it worked. Now that there are better cases, I would look at other options. Some things I disliked:

1) You often had to push the tab back in to secure it, at least for me
2) There was no rear hole for the camera....big issue with me.
3) After awhile, the black strap seemed to be stretched out, although it did hold the cover shut.

I decided to go with another case about a month later, once new cases were released.
on April 25, 2012
I just received this today and tried it out. Immediately I could tell the construction of this case is excellent. The leather feels nice, and the added elastic band on the back is a good touch to allow you to slip your hand in and keep grasp of the case/tab. The Galaxy Tab badge on the side of the case cool. On the inside there's two credit card sized slots for an ID card of a "return to address if lost" tag. And that's about it.

Now with the most important part. This case, although recommended by Amazon for the Tab 2 7in, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR GALAXY TAB 2 7.0 OWNERS! I think it only is compatible for the 1st gen Galaxy Tabs.

The tab doesn't fit correctly; some of the tab is exposed on the left because it doesn't go in all the way. The fabric that holds the tab in doesn't have the correct cut-outs for the Tab 2. The top portion completely covers the mic and headphone jack. The volume button is covered on the upper/high volume portion, thus keeping pressure on the high volume button. Even though I don't use the Peel app and the IR, it's completely covered as well. The bottom speakers aren't aligned correctly. And lastly, the light sensor is completely covered also, so if auto brightness is on, will always dim the screen to adjust to low light situations.

Again, this case would be excellent for the original Galaxy Tab 7 first generation, BUT NOT FOR THE GALAXY TAB 2 7.0
on December 30, 2010
I'm not sure about the easel part because it creases the back of the cover, and this makes it look unattractive. It could also cause some wear at the stitching on the side edges over time. I can't get it to close completely, but I have the Tab face down to see if the weight (and probably more wear) will soften the case so it closes. The buttons and SD slot are almost completely uncovered on the side. There is a slight overlap (very, very slight), but it doesn't impede access at all. Everything else is accessible. Obviously the case will keep the back camera lense covered, but that's not a big deal to me. I like the portfolio look of it and the elastic band across the back to slip my hand under for a better hold when I'm carrying it around. The inside is a soft, grey, "suede" material. The Tab fits snugly in. I saw that my screen protector was sticking a little bit when I was sliding the Tab into place, so be careful or it could peel up the edges of the protector and leave you with bubbles. It adds a little bulk, but I don't find it cumbersome. It's 1 lb, 3 5/8 oz on my kitchen scale. Overall, it doesn't look expensive, but it certainly doesn't look like a cheap make-do case either. For the price and protection it offers, I give this 4 stars. I hold back on 5 stars in case it never closes flush when face up.

Update: 1/1/11 - A fellow customer sent a question regarding the smell of this case. It does have a chemically, vinyl out of a package smell to it, but this has dissipated somewhat since I've had it. I've bought other things over the years with this distinct odor, and it eventually goes away sooner rather than later. I expect it'll be the same scenario with this easel case. If I'm still smelling it in a week or two, that will be a problem. 1/3/10 - And the strap holds this thing closed shut. : ) Thanks fellow shopper for letting me know. I can bump this up to five stars.
66 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2011
NO PORT in back to take pictures. the tab has to be removed--does not remove easily. the tab almost seems to need being pushed back in to close completely. very disappointed. nice leather is not enough.
on November 18, 2011
This case NOT for Galaxy 7 Plus - The plus is ever so slightly larger!(check dimensions on Samsung website)
Out of the box: Well made, quality workmanship.
Then: Damn! This is a very tight fit ...
AND: Slots don't line up exactly right ... WHAT? No slot for mini-stereo plug?(That's when I checked physical dimensions)
Sooo .... I can always make slots a bit longer and cut hole for headset plug using Xacto knife ... not concerned about hole for camera.
No, I'm not going to return it. Paid less than fifteen buck with Prime, I'm not a jerk and I CAN make it work.
Just be advised, this case NOT made for Galaxy 7 Plus.
UPDATE - Nov. 26 - Received case from Navitech today. IT is made for 7 Plus, all slots correct AND cutout for camera. This Navitech is the one to get.
on April 28, 2012
I bought the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 and wanted something to protect it. This case was available on Amazon at a very reasonable price. It is a very sturdy, attractive cover. It has an elastic band to keep the cover closed and has Galaxy Tab on the spine. All in all it is a very nice cover for the price. A few people mentioned that it doesn't have an opening for the back camera lens. It means you have to take the tablet out of the case to use it for photographs or for bar code scanning. It also covers the infared blaster that you would use as a tv remote and has no opening for the ear phone. The ear phone is the only one I would use regularly so I cut a small opening for the headset jack. I thought about cutting an opening for the lens, but decided that I didn't use that feature enough to take a chance on destroying the case.

The case is compact and easy to hold. The inside is a velvety gray color. It also has two slots inside to hold credit cards or id cards. It protects my Samsung 7 inch tablet and the price was right. If you are only looking for a case to protect the Samsung Tab 2 7.0 until you find something that works better it is a good deal. But, if you want to use all of the features of your Samsung without taking it out of the case or cutting a bunch of ugly openings this case won't work.

There aren't a lot of cases out there for the new Tab right now so I'm going to use this one until I find one I like. The one they are selling at Best Buy is $40.
on April 25, 2012
Since this was advertised along with the listing for the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0" tablet, I thought this just might fit and be OK. It IS real leather and sold at a PU Leather (means Phony Ugly) price. In addition to the case blocking the rear camera as others have noted, the case also blocks the IR lens on the right side of the Tab 2 and the headphone jack at the top. So this becomes more of a protective case for transport since the tablet has to be removed to use the rear camera, external audio or the IR features.

On a positive note, the volume control, power switch, front camera and charging/data connector all line up OK.

I think I'll try out a silicone case and pouch
on July 16, 2011
Makes a great cover for the tablet and has a small business card pocket as well. My only complaint is that there is no hole in it for the camera lense - in order to take a picture, you must take the tablet out of the case which takes some effort!
on June 15, 2011
I left my Tab on top of the car.. As we started to pick up speed on the highway (50mph), my wife noticed something flew off the car and shouted.. My heart sank as I instantly knew what it was.. In my rear view I saw it tumbling to a halt. Then I immediately noticed the Ford F350, jacked up, diesel pickup approaching it. Without anything to do, I watched as the truck ran over the Tab (guess it was too small for a swerve) and it flipped off to the side of the road. As I made my frantic U-Turn, I counted out the possibility of it being in any condition to keep. My wife motioned to get out of the car as if to pick it up.. I stopped her and said "no.. let me go". it was time to face the music of the mistake I had made and say goodbye to my Tab. I picked it up.. Screen was intact.. could it be? I hit the power button.. OMG it turned on.. The leather case was TORN apart..bent in all shapes.. It squeezed the SD card OUT for hell's sake! The very inexpensive screen saver I put on it had a couple of scuffs that actually rubbed off.. Tire marks?

I have to say I am floored by the Tab and this case.. I just loaded a flavor of HoneyComb on this Tab from spacemoose1 on xda-developers and the Tab is running great.

Just wanted to share.