5.0 out of 5 stars Very good armband
Published on June 21, 2012 by Deksam

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S3 Armband
High Grade Samsung Galaxy S3 Mobile Phone Water Resistant Exercise Sports Gym Armband

Published on June 9, 2012 by Mel

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good armband, June 21, 2012
This review is from: High Grade for Samsung Galaxy S3 / Google Moto G , Moto X and Moto E Mobile Phone Water Resistant Exercise Sports Gym Armband (Wireless Phone Accessory)
When I received the armband and opened it up, I thought it was a little cheap overall, and that the specifications were a little off because it looked way too big. After I received my phone though, and put it in there, it is a good size, I found that I can also put my phone in this armband while still being in its protective case which is an added bonus in comparison with my last armband.

Performance wise, the straps are very comfortable, but feel a little loose, you have velcro on both sides, the side where you loop the velcro strap through, and also on the opposite side where there is no loop, but you can adjust it a tiny bit for increased tension. I found the screen to be very responsive even though the plastic on the armband doesn't lay flush with screen, it kind of bubbles outward and looks like a pouch... yet when you interact with the phone, it is still very responsive, which is a major plus.

A few things that bothered me.. on the main strap... you have 3 velcro squares... 3 of them.... which means this sucker will stay on, but it is kind of annoying to take off.

While we're on the subject of velcro straps, I found that when I first put it on, it didn't feel tight enough, and I had to use the velcro straps on both sides for the tension I needed... and I'm not a small guy, my arms are a decent size, so with that in mind, if you do have smaller arms and you're looking for high tension, this may not fit your needs.

Another - more important thing, the power button on the right hand side is virtually inaccessible. Sure, you can wake up the galaxy with the home button, but still, trying to hit that button while your phone is in the armband isn't a simple task, but it depends on how much of a stickler you want to be on having access to every button on your phone.

For the price, this is a fantastic armband, it gets the job done, its comfortable, and it isn't too cumbersome when you need to use your phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Galaxy S3 Armband, June 9, 2012

I ordered this case last week and was very excited to get it only to find out that is not specified to fit the new Samsung Galaxy S III/S3 GT-I9300 phone as it stated on the seller web information. It says for phones with screen size 4.3" - 4.5". I have contacted the seller & will update their response.

The Samsung Galaxy S3 Specs. 4.8" 5.4" x 2.8" x .3"

MobileCityOnline (the seller) contacted me back agreeing to send the correct item to me at no additional charge.

MobileCityOnline would never give me a tracking# information just the item will be sent to day. After a month and contacting MobileCityOnline 3x's and the issue was not resolve. I filed a complaint with Amazon for a refund. After Amazon got involved MobileCityOnline refunded my money back to me.

2.0 out of 5 stars not water resistent, January 15, 2013
I was looking for an arm band for my phone that I can run outside with and not worry about it getting wet. It states that it's water resistant but there are holes in the top and bottom. I will be returning it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for Galaxy S3?!?, June 26, 2012
SamC (Burke, VA United States) - See all my reviews
The armband I received is a little too small for the Galaxy S3.
It's a tight fit, if I use any type of cover for my phone (which
I will be doing) there is no way this will fit. The packaging also
states for Galaxy S2, nowhere does it say it is for a Galaxy S3, false
advertising.

Edit:

Contacted MobileCity and this is what they said:

"Hello,

We have looked into your order and have noticed the correct item was received. We are sorry that the packaging has yet to be updated as explained but assure you that it will accommodate your S3".

If you are going to use a decent case with your Galaxy S3 DO not order this armband, it's a tight fit without having a case on your phone. It's very poorly designed and very cheap. I can't believe they didn't take into account that people would protect their phones with cases.

Very disappointed in this case, will be looking elsewhere for something better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great overall, June 17, 2013
Just purchased this armband and went on 2 runs with it and my Galaxy S3 over the weekend. So far it's one of the best I've had.
Pros:
-The fact that the strap is all elastic is really nice since it stays tight to my arm the whole time.
-I never have to even undo the velcro to take it off, I just adjusted it to where it fits and slip it on and off my arm.
-Phone fits in perfectly without a case. I do keep a case on my phone but with pretty much any armband I have to remove it which isn't a big deal.
-Can use the touchscreen and side buttons through the case.

Cons:
-I'd say the only downside of this case is that the plastic sticks to the front of the phone when I'm trying to take it out of the case. But even then, it's not a big deal, just a minor inconvenience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what I need it to, February 12, 2013
I ordered this for my Galaxy S3 phone to use when I am running or working out at the Gym. This does EVERTHING I need it to and is pretty comfortable to wear on my arm. the strap fits well and is very adjustable. One thing of note, I have one of the Duracell Powermat cases on my phone. while I can get it to fit in this strap case, it is very tight so I just remove it. the Volume buttons and power button are difficult to feel but with stock headphones and the front home button, who needs them. I have an Extremeguard screen protector also with my phone. it does stick to the plastic film on this case, but seperating the two from both the top and the bottom of this case allows the phone to slide out fairly easy.

Overall a great case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, June 9, 2013
Norris D Tillman (Little Rock, AR, US) - See all my reviews
It works so well. Makes carrying my phone while walking and running so much easier. I am so glad Amazon had it, and even more happier I bought it.

2.0 out of 5 stars used for running, June 5, 2013
I got this band to use while training for a marathon, I have a samsung galaxy s3 , it was a perfect fit for my phone but the strap for my arm was wayy to lose it kept sliding.the band was really stretchy which made it harder to keep tight on m y arm.would not buy it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item!, July 20, 2012
This arm band holds my Samsung Galaxy s3 perfectly (even when my case is on). I am so glad I bought this item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well for what I need, May 15, 2013
GeekGirl (Chicago Illinois) - See all my reviews
I use this armband nearly every day to hold my Samsung Galaxy S3 when I go running. My phone does have a slim case and it's a tight squeeze to get it in there with the case on, but it does fit. Anything thicker like an Otterbox or one of the plastic hybrid cases would definitely need to come off before using this.

As for the armband, it's comfortable enough and I had to play with the velcro straps a bit to find a fit that worked, but so far no problems with chafing or the band not staying put.

Really the only problem I have, and the reason I knocked one star off, is that the power and volume buttons are nearly impossible to access without having to stop and shift the phone around or take it out completely, which is annoying. I wish there were cutouts on the side for these buttons and I would have no complaints. Other than that it does what I need and seems sturdy enough.