4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone so far! Highly Recommended
I've had the new Galaxy 3 for a few days and it has really grown on me. I upgraded from the Galaxy S (Captivate) which I loved as my first smartphone but I got it as a free refurbished model so it had a few issues (nonfunctioning GPS and random hiccups and restarts here and there). I was a bit wary of sticking to Samsung after having a bit of trouble with the previous...
Published on July 5, 2012 by Pushpin

3.0 out of 5 stars S III- I really wanted to like it...
... And I do, mostly. The device itself is nice. Unfortunately, the device is only half of the story. The issues I have are primarily with the programming of the device.

I had high hopes for S-Voice. I commute 2 hours each way to work, and was really looking forward to having a voice program that I could really use to make calls, send messages, and set...
Published 24 months ago by S. LOTT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 418 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this phone!, May 4, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I have been eyeing the Galaxy S III for a while now. When I saw the price was only $39 I knew the time had come to ditch my old, dying 3G handset for something that actually works. I'm very happy that I did. The difference is like night and day. My only regret is waiting so long.

Many others have gone over the many features of this awesome device, so I will just confirm that this phone is/has all of the following:

Responsive
Fast
Comfortable in the hand
Fun to use
Adequate battery life
Good sound

I was planning to buy the HTC One but the lack of an expansion slot combined with the S3's deeply discounted price made my choice a no brainer. In addition, the phone arrived at my door in just over 24 hours! Thanks Amazon! I can't wait until I can pick up a Fire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now if it could just cook...., March 18, 2013
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S III in pebble blue from Best Buy about a week before Christmas in December 2012. The phone is nothing short of amazing, and fulfills everything one might expect from a cell phone, but a lot more, as well. It is now running Android 4.1.1 after an over-the-air update from AT&T and I could not be happier. A few observations, in no particular order-
(1) The processor seems lightening fast. Web sites load almost instantly, with ether the stock android browser or Chrome, which I use most often. Colors are rich but accurate, and scrolling is rapid and seamless, without hesitation or blur of any kind.
(2) The phone can be customized in almost every way you can imagine. You have complete control over who can call or text, and when they can do so; the type of notifications you want or do not want from the apps you use; ringtones and text tones can be set for individual contacts, etc., etc. If you can perform a simple Google search, you can learn how to do anything the software s capable of, which is quite a lot. I had always been an iPhone user, with modest tech knowledge at best, but I picked up Android quickly. If you use Gmail notifications are always pushed, either with or without an audible alert. Two step sign-in verification is also readily available with the Google authenticator app. I use a number of apps on an almost daily basis that are arranged on seven pages, and, like a great many folks, I would imagine, I have other apps that I use more infrequently. A large weather widget is in my home page, as well as toggle switches for settings, ring or vibrate, driving mode, and flight mode. Google calendar fills another page.
(3) Things that could be improved- well, those who complain about being able to see the display in sunlight are correct, but I think that is a problem for all cell phones. Battery life seems comparable to the iPhone 4S my wife inherited from me- she loves her iPhone and is not interested in an Android OS, although she does like the Nexus 7 she got for Christmas. But, really, you can charge a cell phone from almost anywhere, from the included AC charger, from any USB ported computer, or any car with a functioning DC socket (cigarette lighter). I recommended the Motorola Vehicle Power Adapter micro-USB Rapid Rate Charger, and if you're really concerned about battery life, you can pick up a spare battery, whch is easily changed by simply removing the back cover, as well as a charger for your spare. The OEM battery is Samsung Galaxy S3 Replacement Battery (2100 mAh) for AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Models, and you can charge your spare battery with Samsung Galaxy SIII Battery Charger with USB Output, Exclusive Black And Green Color Key Chain Kit. I charged my spare and set it aside, because I just have not needed it. Today I switched my regular battery with the spare, which had been sitting on my dresser top, untouched, for at least a month, just to see how much charge it had retained- and was delighted to see 89%. The spare battery fits perfectly inside the clear plastic carrying case that was used to carry Gameboy game cartridges.
(4) Security a concern? I have used Google Play Store without incident, but by all means, take advantage of free anti-virus software to protect your phone and data. I use Avast for virus/malware protection and a fantastic app called Cerebus (a British paid app, inexpensive, but worth every penny) for locating or locking or wiping a lost phone.
(5) The stock Samsung keyboard is dreadful, and a serious drawback to the phone if not remedied. The best $3.99 I ever spent, and one of only two apps I have paid for so far, is Swiftkey. If you buy this phone, waste little time in using the Google play store to download and install Swiftkey. It is at least a thousand times better than the stock keyboard, and now predicts the next word I am going to type with amazing accuracy.
(6) Did I mention the expandable memory- up to 32 GB? Again, I am completely happy with this phone in every way. I recommend it wholeheartedly, and without reservations of any kind.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice but a bit frustrating, February 21, 2013
Terri Roberts (Livermore, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Having given up an iPhone for this, I am thrilled with most of the features and capabilities. HOWEVER, BE AWARE if you buy this that you WILL NOT BE ABLE to hear yourself speak when using the earbuds/microphone for a phone call. VERY VERY ANNOYING and no app or other earbuds will fix it. Equally annoying and inconvenient is the texting app that shows all pictures as SLIDESHOWS, which means no pinching and zooming. There are work-arounds for this, but overall I'm frustrated. Samsung tech support told me there are no fixes for these issues. SO BEWARE, you will hate it. Other than these, I'm impressed by this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars i love samsung!!, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
i have owned a htc evo 4g with sprint for a long while but after my contract was up. i was looking for a new carrier with a better 4g lte network. it came down to verizon and att. i looked at 3 phones iphone5, gs3, droid razr m, after looking a testing all 3 phones it came down to the two best gs3 iphone5, which att and verizon had. but when comparing the plans att had the better data plans. so i choice the samsung galaxy s 3 , im pretty happy with the pick, it can do the nfc which is awesome iphone5 did not have. and the fact is was android phone which im used to, and i just had my phone updated with jelly bean its super fast and made this phone that much better!. only thing i would say is the battery is not as strong as droid phones. but the fact it does last whole day is still better then my htc which last about 5 hours before it needs to be plugged back in. only thing i did copy was the droids circle widgets which is awesome touch to my gs3. i say your looking for a mini computer this is it. i love the talk and text comes in handy when your fingers are tight up. lol.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent top of the line phone!, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
So I had the iPhone 5 and while it is cool I just hated the harsh lock-downs apple put on it. So then I traded for this phone. So far im impressed, its like Samsung put their best work into this phone to become a genius. This phone by far is the best I have ever Owned and I would recommend it to anybody who likes Samsung or who likes the top of the line smartphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convert from BB to Android, July 8, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
This was a great switch from my clunky BB Torch to this new toy. Great screen, nothing lags. I checked my running apps and frequently I had 15+ running with no performance hit.

Only points to know if you are converting:
-Battery life is terrible if you are actively using your phone. Keep your charger handy, but this is like this for all phones with a screen like this.
-For those used to a physical keyboard, get SwiftKey 3. It will make your life sooo much easier.

Concerning Amazon: I was eager for this phone and pre-ordered day 1. They couldn't get to me in the first push, but with persistence, I got free overnight shipping and got the phone on the 30th.

5.0 out of 5 stars my review, June 20, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I really love this phone It has so many features oni it. It take good photographs andis easy to use. I reccomend this phone to anyone looking for a good smart phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gadget going good!, February 3, 2015
Trinspan "Gilo" (Somewhere over the rainbow, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I can't keep up with the ever changing technology so here I was in 2014 and chose this phone because if nothing else, I've always been a Samsung fan This post will not be some high detailed techie review. It's going to be basic...very basic. I like the screen size of 4.8, being a reader it's a good size for reading my books using the kindle or aldiko app. Battery life is fine. Of course if you have several apps open, wifi or wirless network on, or listening to music it will drain the battery so I always make sure I close anything I'm not using. On average I may last a whole day, that's 8 hours without charging but I will need to put it on the charger by the time I get home. For some people, this phone may be considered "old" but I can still access email, watch videos, make calls (who does that nowadays lol), text, multitask and have no issues with no lag. The camera is decent, at least for me. I figure if you want high quality pictures, you would use what they call a real camera, like back in the day. Overall the phone does what it's suppose to do. I'm extremely satisfied with this product

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy and like it, December 14, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
Just got it yesterday. Working fine, according to my kid.
Package: Bubble lined paper bag. Not much of a protection, but I assume I can return it.
Phone: The screen is, as far as I can see, as good as new. There are chips on chrome bezel and the area around the power plug is "destroyed" (not cracks but chip next to chip). The phone was not used gently and it makes me wonder how the screen survived. Perhaps these phones are repaired with several parts from different phones. The battery seems to be original and came about 70% charged. The sd card and sim plugs are fine and clean. The battery contacts are clean. The back plate is also without scratch. The trim around the lense had little dirt but wiped away with a tissue. The charger is after market and charging only. Going to try if the charger-usb from old phone is going to work on this.
I am satisfied with the phone and the price. A lot of improvement over LG p870 (a few years old). Getting a flip case (Izengate) for this kid. She broke the screen twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, May 14, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S3, Blue 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
I've had this phone for almost a year now and it is fantastic! Even though it's an old model, it still fulfills all of my needs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 418 | Next ›