Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums $5 Off Fire TV Stick Grocery Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Gear Up for Football Baby Sale

on May 20, 2013
I am from Costa Rica and I have been buying things online for more than 4 years and I have never experienced something like what happened with this seller. I bought a Samsung Galaxy S3, as described in the product's title, but when the product arrived, I realize this isn't the product I purchased, I received an Android GT A7100, which is the S3's CHINESE version !!

This is an outrage. I have talked to the seller and they insist that they sent the right cellphone and the problem lies with the courier, something everyone here in Costa Rica knows it's practically impossible. Aeropost, my courier, does not touch the contents of the packages that are sent and they are not open until it is delivered.

It's not possible that out of 35 negative reviews, most of them deal with the same problem. Today, March 20th, 2013, history repeats itself with this seller. I'm disgusted and I believe Amazon should do something with this seller quickly and find a way to avoid this type of repeated mistakes.

As of right now, nothing has been solved.
1010 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 26, 2012
I feel very disappointed. I was expecting the international version, and I got the AT&T US version SGH-I747 it does not seem to be factory unlocked. All the software is tied to AT&T. If you advertise the product as a the international version that is what I expect to get. I would consider to return the device, sadly I had not enough time until I got back to Peru. This is very dissapointed
5656 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 2, 2012
I was a previous iPhone user, until I switched from the 4 to a Galaxy S2, and I loved it, but there were alot of things wrong with the S2, Samsung has listened to user feedback and used their experience to make this 4.8 inch masterpiece. Why do I love this phone so much?

1) Performance - Scrolling is buttery smooth, gaming is buttery smooth, even throwing NOVA 3 at it will not phase that quad-core Exynos 4212 and the improved Mali-400 beast (oh I mean chip) inside this phone. It blows the Tegra 3 and the Snapdragon S4 clean out of the water, sorry One X owners.

2) Audio - The S2 has okay audio quality, it's Yamaha chip was fine for...most people, however it was a bit disappointing compared to even the iPhone's sound quality, so I always used software decoding for listening to music. The S3 has seen Samsung's return to the Wolfson audio chip, and it is absolutely stunning especially with the new SoundAlive system which allows Bass Boosting, Clarity, and Virtualization out of the box.

3) Camera - The S2's camera was good, the S3's camera is even better. It may be a 'measly' 8MP, but Samsung has played around with the software in order to create a camera with zero shutter lag, a definite plus. Now it can take great looking photos, quickly.

4) Battery Life - The GS2 has a notoriously horrible battery life, it was basically essential to root and install custom ROMs because of the battery life. The GS2 had a 1650 mAh battery, the S3 has a 2100 mAh battery. It may have even more power than the S2 but the battery life is definitely improved, I just watched over 2 hours straight of 720p video and the battery meerely went from 85% to 70%. If this was my GS2 it would have gone from 85% to 60 or even lower. Battery life while using data has also been improved, an hour of internet browsing hit my battery only 10% rather than the 20 or 30 that would have been seen on the S2

5) The feel - The S2 was made out of plastic, very light plastic that felt cheap. Of course I know better than to judge how "cheap" a phone is by lightness, but many other reviewers hated it for this very reason. Samsung answered by making the S3 out of poly-carbonate, the same material as a One X. As a result, it feels solid and light in my hand, amazingly it managed to be 5g heavier than the One X while feeling so much lighter.

6) The "new" TouchWiz - I know TouchWiz has had alot, I mean alot of hate over the years. I hated TW3 myself, and didn't enjoy the orignal TW4, only enjoying it's lock screen. The new Touchwiz shipped out with this phone that has a nature feel to it feels great. The ripple effect on the unlock is very enjoyable and I enjoy the Galaxy Nexus inspired app drawer. As a plus I am so grateful to Samsung for removing the horrible Social and Media Hubs.

Of course however...in everything there are things you don't like, and this is no different. The HD Super Amoled screen is great, but, I really wish that for this phone they would have created the Plus version. The Pentile matrix is just inferior to the RBG RBG layout. The ppi is high enough however to stop the picture from being blurry, so its just a nitpik. The things like SmartStay and S-Voice are frankly gimmicks though, and while they seem to have potential they don't really...work. Frankly Iris is better than S-Voice.
1515 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on July 2, 2013
THESE ARE FAKE SAMSUNG GALAXY 3's.....SAVE YOUR $$ AND GO ELSEWHERE!!!! THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM. I TOOK THIS PHONE TO A REPUTABLE PHONE REPAIR SHOP AND THEY TOOK IT APART TO DISCOVER THAT IT IS A FAKE.....YOU CAN'T GET PARTS EVEN WHEN SOMETHING GOES WRONG. I HAVE HAD THIS THING FOR ABOUT 45 DAYS AND IT IS JUNK....IF I COULD GIVE IT 0 STARS I WOULD. I HAVE CONTACTED AMAZON AND STARTED THE APPEAL PROCESS. TAKING THIS MAN TO COURT IF I HAVE TO!!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I had been using the Samsung Galaxy S2 for a couple of months before I got the S3 and while I was really not pleased with the price, this is an outstanding phone. I have a sister and a niece that have the I-Phone and they both swear by it, but switching my carrier was not an option for me. My husband is in the computer business and is always researching (and sometimes getting) the newest devices, he actually does programming of android apps so I trust his opinion. He is actually the reason that I got the Samsung Galaxy S2 and I literally fell in love with that phone. It was the first phone that my husband had gotten for me that I actually used for more than just making/receiving calls! I found myself checking my emails at work, searching the web for things that co-workers were talking about, and actually playing games on my phone! I gave my S2 to my daughter so that I could justify me getting the S3, and as of today, I have not regretted that move not once.
First off, let me tell you that the S3 (just like the S2) has gorilla-glass and this is the number 1 reason to get this phone, especially if you have children or are prone to drop things. Trust me, when you pay up to $500 for a phone (or anything else for that matter) then you want to at least know that in the event that you accidentally drop it, that it is not the end of the line for your purchase. The gorilla-glass makes the front of the phone virtually unbreakable, I mean you are not going to be able to scratch the screen or crack it unless you literally take a nail and a hammer and work at it!
Now, for the S3, let me tell you...Siri has finally gotten some competition! S-Voice is amazing! And I love to tell her thank you because she always responds with "my pleasure" or "your welcome". She makes finding places, checking on the weather, checking the traffic or just looking for the best time/place to see a movie so much easier than before. I was going to ask for a tablet but no more, why bother?
I have heard people complain that the phone is too large. But honestly, the day after I got this phone and brought it into the office, people were arguing with me because they thought I didn't really have the S3 because they thought it was a lot bigger than it was. It fits in my hand perfectly and yet has a screen that is large enough for me to check out the web w/out feeling like I am losing something by not looking things up on a standard PC.
All the buttons are user friendly, you just have to get used to where they are and what all they do. Hey, when you buy a car and learn that the volume control is also located on the steering wheel, do you not get the car? Do you not use the option offered to you? No, you change with innovation and with the S3 all the changes are worth it!

Bottom line, I would recommend this phone to everyone that I know that can appreciate a quality android phone. There is a reason that this phone has been in such big demand. If you get the chance...get it...you will not regret your purchase.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 11, 2012
This is without a doubt the best phone I've ever owned. I dropped the iPhone 4S for this phone. Didn't expect to like it more than the iPhone 4S, but kept an open mind and decided to try it out. Glad I did. The screen on this phone is amazing.

I use Google services like email, calendar and docs. I wanted a more integrated phone and that's what I got. I switched from iTunes to Google Music, which is fantastic. I'm deep in the cloud now and I love it.

Android is freedom. I am using the Swift 3 keyboard. I have a thing for great keyboards and I love how Android lets us choose the keyboards we want.

Next, I went with GoSMS rather than stock SMS. Much better. Using TweetCaster Pro as my twitter client. Using Google Currents, Google Reader and Pocket for daily news. For notes I am using EverNote. For tasks, I went with GTasks to sync with my Google tasks.

Using GMail, and Chrome for Android for email and browser. Google Music for music, BeyondPod as my Podcasting client, and Audible's own client for my Audible books. Google Play Movies for movies and TV shows, Google Books and Magazines for books and magazines.

Google Maps and Places turn by turn directions and finding common places like coffee shops and so on. Facebook and Google plus for social along with the twitter client.

There are tons of games. Cut the Rope, Amazing Alex, Angry Birds, Defender, FieldRunners and so many others. I have about 20 games on this phone. QuickOffice for office documents which ties into Google Docs and DropBox.

There is nothing this phone can't do. And you get an amazing screen that makes my iPhone screen look like a postage stamp. With Apple, I got tired of the same design, same screen, same icons in much the same way. Hello widgets! I have HD Widgets and they are beautiful. My clock / weather widget is big, bold and beautiful. I can even adjust the color of the font!!

All my banks are supported, and Mint is available as well.

Lot's of GPS apps for running. FitBit, Loseit and so on to keep tabs on food intake and calories burned.

I also found this super cool package tracking app called ShipRack. You email a tracking number and they add it to your phones Shiprack tracking app.

Samsung gave me white headphones which have pause / play and forward reverse buttons. So I can control my music from the headphones. I also picked up a pair of UrBeats from the AT&T store, plus a BlueTooth sports headphones for when I run.

This is a great phone for business and personal uses. It's stylish and fast. You won't feel lag and you add more storage capacity for about $30 for 32 more GBs.

Soooo much better than my iPhone. At least I think so. If for no other reason than the email client. So easy to email anything. We have a full file system which makes attachments a breeze. OMG how much I wanted that one feature!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2012
I got the S3 yesterday, since I owned a iPhone 4S here the comparison:

DESIGN: Galaxy S3 design is stunning, the feeling on hands is incredible. The ergonomics makes all the difference. The iPhone 4S is very squarish and definitely more solid but heavier too (way heavier);
SCREEN: Galaxy S3 screen is wonderful with vivid colours and sharp imaages, 4,8 inches vs 3.5 of the iPhone, after you make the transition you wont never come back, impossible.
OPERATING SYSTEM: S3 usability is a boom. iPhone is good but never at the level of the S3, way way slower.
BATTERY: S3 gets full day + 30% remaining battery, iPhone last till four or five PM;
GPS: Galaxy S3 gets locked in less than 10 seconds inside a building, iPhone searches and searches with no success;
CAMERA: they are very similar, S3 is faster and iPhone is may be a bit better in term of quality. No dramatic difference.
S-VOICE vs SIRI: they are both very basic and more fun than usefull.
USB-BLUETOOTH: iPhone only works with iTunes, no Bluetooth, no radio. Galaxy S3 can be usb-connected to computers and flashmemory, it has easy bluetooth connection and yes ... it has an amazing radio :)
APPS: to be sincere, all relevants apps in iPhones are present in Android. They have better design but they are at payment while in Android are always free. No mayor differences.

Galaxy S3 is an extraordinary good purchase. Recommended for all ex-iPhone users. You wont regret, there is a world outside iTunes :)
3939 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2012
This is not an international version. Only small sim card works. Doesn't work with all companies. I am so frustrated.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on June 22, 2012
I got the S3 yesterday, since I owned a iPhone 4S here the comparison:

S-VOICE vs SIRI: they are both very basic and more fun than usefull.

3737 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 15, 2012
I am amazed by the power of my Galaxy S3.

It is as flexible as a PC Windows computer, you just drag and drop files to its directory, and run the appropriate apps to use it, music, movies, all work great. It is a perfect complement to my Windows 7 computer. In a Iphone, all transfer must be done using Itunes, and it is very limited and frustrating-

One of the best uses I can do is using this phone to download movies, music, and youtube videos, then when I am back home, transfer the files back to my Windows PC using simple drag and drop with windows explorer. Amazing! You cannot do it with Iphone, no way! You have no limitations using Galaxy 3.

Android is based on Linux, and Linus is based on Unix, its power is astounding and amazing in the Galaxy S3. I tried and ran the old DOS Foxplus and Microsoft Foxpro database program in it, using a DOS emulator, and they ran perfectly, no problems! Better if you download a transparent keyboard in the play store. Amazing!

Sometimes I wonder why Microsoft does not allow us to run in fullscreen our DOS programs in Windows 7 and 8 like the Samsung Galaxy does. In this way, the universe of programs you can run increase dramatically. You can have both worlds, Unix( Anroid) and Microsoft DOS.

Almost all the apps in the Play store are free, you can download the ones to suit your need. The selection of apps are comparable to IPhone IOS appstore. However, there are fewer games for the kids. But for adults, there are more, because adult apps are allowed. I spent more than a $1000 for apps for my IOS devices, and $0 for my Galaxy S3. There are many outstanding apps, including an amazing app for downloading Youtube videos at a speed faster than downloading a mp3 in a desktop PC, incredible!

There are more beautiful apps for music and streaming using the Galaxy S3 than Iphone, because they are allowed and legal, and not allowed in the Itunes environment.

Apple also made money from you by storage upgrade. In S3, upgrade using a 32 g. SDcard is just about 20-30 dollar, you have to pay more than $200 for a 64 g. Iphone.

The processing speed of the CPU is faster than Iphone 4S, my Flipboard program run faster in S3. Most apps from the same vendors run better in Galaxy S3 than Iphone 4S, noticeably movie and music live streaming apps. I used this phone in America to streaming live tv program from China and Hong Kong, watch live soccer games from Spain and Europe, and streaming and downloading musics from other countries. Downloading a song of 4 mega is less than 10 seconds, faster than a desktop computer.

However, I am a computer/math professional. From my point of view, Iphone is better for the majority of people for its easier user interface, Iphone just plug and play, need to learn nothing, Apple has done it fantastically to the mass with almost zero learning curve. Galaxy S3 is better for the professional who knows and understands computers and programming to exploit its resources. I spent some times exploring and learning my S3 interface and capabilities, at the beginning I was confused and lost!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...