5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a rugged phone without sacrifices.
Bought this through AT&T. I absolutely love this phone. It's nice that the phone manufactures have finally made a rugged phone without sacrificing on performance. I think this is what the S5 should have been originally. It has a beautiful screen, nice speakers and very good build quality. The operating system is very smooth and battery life is good.
Published 4 months ago by Cellphone Junkie

3.0 out of 5 stars May not be as durable as it looks
Had to send the first one I received back, dropped it 3ft and the screen rotation did not work anymore. I never use cases for my phone and expected this one to be more durable without it. I have been far worse to my s4 for a long time (no case) and never had a problem. Other than that the phone has been great, all of the S5 features are nice and since it has been replaced...
Published 26 days ago by Zachary A. Hill

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a rugged phone without sacrifices., July 14, 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Camo Green 16GB (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, I love it!, September 11, 2014
I got this phone through AT&T instead of Amazon, but this is an amazing phone no matter where you get it from. I came from the Galaxy S3, so this was a great step up. The screen on the phone is very easy to see outdoors and it's easy to adjust it also. The speaker on it is loud and clear too, which is always a plus when listening to music or using speakerphone.Talk about speakerphone, the noise reduction is so great on this phone, that you can talk on it while in the shower and no one will hear the water running at all. I have used this phone in the pool and it takes amazing underwater video and photos. It's not a flimsy phone, it's a little bit chunkier than the normal S5, which isn't a big deal, it feels nice in the hand and it's not slippery. It my be rugged, but always remember that the front is mostly all screen, so try to still be careful with it. Like any smartphone, it is easy to crack the screen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best phone I had to date and I switch every ..., September 21, 2014
K. Long (New Brunswick, NJ) - See all my reviews
Best phone I had to date and I switch every couple years or so... I have had all iPhones and the first Google G1 way back. I am NOT that much of a cell phone freak but I LOVE this phone... I had to put it into a bowl of water to test the waterproof ability and it stayed on and I took it out dried it right off and nothing was wrong at all with it. This is the phone for me I don't care what anyone else thinks. I haven't dropped it yet but the phone is very rugged. Yet slim ... I am sick of getting a nice phone only to have to cover it with a fugly case. This is slim and cool looking for me. I highly recommend it. I love this handheld computer... I mean phone?

5.0 out of 5 stars The phone is excellent, the hardware is perfectly balance with android KitKat ..., October 9, 2014
The phone is excellent, the hardware is perfectly balance with android KitKat (4.4.2). Also, this Samsung model has all the Galaxy S5 features plus outdoor tools. Perfect companion for hiking activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, September 7, 2014
LOVE IT!!!!! BEST phone EVER!!! Best camera...best everything...BLOWS the IPHONE away!! Can't wait for the Galaxy note 4 and edge to come out,,,that will be my wife's next phone no more Iphone's with their lousy camera's. Love the camo look on the ACTIVE also love the look of the S5 but Glad i got the ACTIVE.

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone, October 7, 2014
Great phone had the S2 before and the battery last a lot longer then the S2. I would have to charge the S2 at the end of every day. The S5 I have to charge every three to four day way better. I really like all the new features also.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, August 24, 2014
I didn't purchase it on Amazon, I got mine directly from AT&T. This is a great phone.
The phone is even better now after Towelroot.
Rooting the device has opened up a whole new world of customizing options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, August 23, 2014
I bought as a gift for someone and it was hard to let go I'm a iPhoner but I must say this phone is definitely good, screen and pics AMAZING

5.0 out of 5 stars great phone., July 11, 2014
Great phone works as it says dropped it twice, no problems.I work in a frozen cooler when I come out of it there is always moisture on my phone but still no problems.

4.0 out of 5 stars Superb, November 3, 2014
I bought this thru the Next plan on At&t. It's easily the best electronic device I've ever owned. It does what it says it will and more. You won't be disappointed.

With that said, there are a couple drawbacks. Luckily they're both easily solved by a case.
#1, the buttons on the sides(power, volume and active) are FAR too easy to press for a phone marketed towards rugged use, and even the face buttons could use 5~ more NM's of resistance.. I've activated the phone in my pocket(walking) and I've locked it in my hand(typing), neither of which were intentional. Combination of placement and being too easy to press.

#2, the camera. The photos probably don't show it, but the camera is the most protruding piece of material on the back(by quite a bit, too) and although it's a "rugged" phone, I get a bit uneasy constantly laying/placing/dropping my phone directly onto the lens of a 16mp camera(half the reason I bought this phone). At this moment in time there are 5 or 6 cases listed here on Amazon and they all look to correct this issue. Mine arrives tomorrow, I'll update after that.

Overall it's a super phone, but the quality of life(buttons) and obvious design team compromise(protruding camera) should be noted.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›