5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, working for MOVISTAR VENEZUELA
I'm using it for Movistar Venezuela, it works perfectly as it should. It's a beautiful phone with Android OS which makes it an excelent device.
Everything you can see about this phone is perfectly great, the ONLY ONE thing nobody would like is the battery, it waste very fast but making some changes on the OS you can make it improve.

It uses the same bands...
Published on January 14, 2012 by Umberto Di Berardino

1.0 out of 5 stars This runs on the TI OMAP processor and NOT Exynos
I bought this thinking it was the I9100 GS2 but instead I received a I9100G, the "G" makes a huge difference.
Published on May 5, 2012 by Jason

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, working for MOVISTAR VENEZUELA, January 14, 2012
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy S II SA-I9100 Unlocked Phone with 8 MP Camera and GPS support - International Version - Ceramic White (Wireless Phone Accessory)

It uses the same bands as Movistar, so it works with 3G and HSPA.

PD: Differences between GT-I9100 and SA-I9100 are just the origin, it does not make any important changes.

I bought the ceramic white and black version to the FGS Trading seller.

4.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy S2: leader of the pack? - from a diehard Blackberry user, April 12, 2012
Having been a Blackberry user for several years but also owning an iPod4 64G, I finally decided to replace my 2-year old Blackberry Curve with a smartphone and went for the Samsung Galaxy S2 Android, which is cheaper than the iPhone and has had generally positive reviews from users.

I've been using the Samsung now for a couple of weeks. Before getting into details about a few of the amazing features of this excellent phone, here is a summary of what I really liked about the Blackberry Curve and how the new Galaxy S2 compares:

1. It was easy to type text on the Blackberry because it has a physical keyboard which even a user with big fingers can cope with. I was put off on-screen keyboards a couple of years ago by the truly appalling and virtually un-usable Blackberry Storm, but the Samsung is really OK in this department even though its keyboard appears on-screen because the key points are so large, and when you finger a key a larger image of it pops up to confirm which key you have activated.

2. The Blackberry's party piece was very easy and intuitive email management, which I need to use all day long for business messages. Well, the Samsung is surprisingly good here too, with the added bonus of a huge screen and the facility to enlarge or reduce text size with a sweep of the fingers, iPhone style. The text clarity is first class.

3. The Blackberry has very long battery life and typically I'd only need to charge it every 4 or 5 days, even with heavy usage. The Samsung does not fare well in comparison and needs daily charging, but there's a number of things you can do to prevent high power consumption like turning off features you're not using and not playing music through it (if using the phone principally as an iPod-like music player is important to you, then this Samsung may not be for you as battery life will be reduced to a few hours).

4. The Blackberry is small and handy in size, whereas the Galaxy is 3x larger (but about the same thickness) - however in compensation, you get that amazing huge screen

For a really comprehensive techy overview, please look to other excellent reviews of this product. Here's a summary of the main features of this amazing phone from my simpler perspective:

* The AMOLED screen on the Galaxy is definitely its star attraction: huge, bright and clear with fabulous colour definition, it's even better than the iPhone or iPod. Designers have finally copped-on that people don't want ever smaller and smaller phones and no-one wants to watch a movie on a screen 1.5cm square; they want something of a convenient size that they can use and read easily at arm's length

* Despite the substantial size, it's thin and lightweight at only 116g which makes it no problem in your pocket and a big advantage to a smaller person when making long calls (the iPhone for example is around 20g heavier)

* All functions are very intuitive and easy to use - at least as good as the iPod4 with a similar feel

* Calls are easy to make due to the big clear graphics and easy-to-follow menus - however it has some minor quirks like you can't answer a call by actually pressing the green phone symbol, you have to `sweep' across it - but once you learn this, everything is OK. The ear-speaker and voice-mike are both very good and very clear; reception so far first-class with no dropped calls

* The quality of the image from the camera is also exemplary (but make sure the flash is turned on)

* The Galaxy has a standard connect-to-computer/mains charger socket, a micro-USB port located on the base-edge of the phone. Finally manufacturers have chosen (not before time) to stop ripping-off their customers by making them buy new chargers with every new handset and begun to standardize - FINALLY!

In summary I'd say if you're looking for a smartphone, the Galaxy S2 is a very serious contender. It's beautifully designed, its screen is absolutely amazing - you need to just use it for a couple of minutes to appreciate how good it is - yet it's lightweight. The menus are intuitive and easy to master; it has loads of optional software and aps (mostly free to the user, unlike with Apple); making calls and managing email is a breeze. It's a weather forecaster, a GPS street-finder and a web browser with astoundingly clear screen definition unlike anything I ever used before.

Possible cautions include barely acceptable battery life, and for this it drops a star: if you're a current Blackberry user you'll really notice this, and especially so if you use it as a music player. Also the Galaxy might be intimidating if you're a technophobe who just wants a simple phone to make calls. But it compares very well in all essentials against the iPhone: it's lighter, cheaper and the screen is better, and most of the aps for which Apple charges you, you get with the Galaxy for free.

One final point: make sure you buy a good robust case and a screen protector for it; there's plenty of choice and most of them do the job OK.

1.0 out of 5 stars This runs on the TI OMAP processor and NOT Exynos, May 5, 2012
Samsung quietly rolled out the I9100G with a TI OMAP 1GHz instead of the Exynos 4210 which is 1.2GHz and is also what makes the GS2, the GS2. The Exynos itself runs circles around the OMAP in performance so that's why you should be cautious if you're going to buy this from Amazon as they only sell the I9100G now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Samsung, April 11, 2013
Tracey Stroman (Fairfield,CA USA) - See all my reviews
This was not an official Samsung product. I verified with Samsung with the IMIE number off the phone. I was sold a fake. I'm still waiting for my refund!!

1.0 out of 5 stars IT IS A CHINESE IMITATION, IT IS NOT UNLOCKED, THIS IS A SCAM, July 9, 2013
Im in Ecuador, i ordered this phone to a friends house in miami, now I have the phone here in Ecuador and when i put my SIM card (from Claro operator) it read it but it didnt catch signal. I send it to check in case it wasnt unlocked but the technician confirmed me that the phone isnt ORIGINAL, IT IS A CHINESE IMITATION and that it will never work with my operator. I JUST CONTACT THE SAMSUNG STORE AS WELL AND THEY ARE WILLING TO SIGN A LETTER THAT SAYS THAT THE PHONE PacificCellularDistributor SOLD ME ISNT AN ORIGINAL ONE, i hope they take legal actions, and that the seller refund my money!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Wife loves this phone, June 2, 2012
My wife wanted a smart phone for the great camera and better text messaging options, and we looked at dozens of phones before we selected the Galaxy S II. What we didn't realize, however, was that Samsung made this with two different processors. The much more common chip was a Samsung Exynos processor called the I9100. The phone that we bought in this auction was the I9100G. The "G" means that this doesn't use Samsung's Exynos chipset, but instead uses a one made by Texas Instruments. The phones are otherwise identical, but the performance on the I9100 is slightly better. More importantly, the I9100 is the "real" Galaxy S II. It's the one that sold in much higher volume, so when Samsung says they're releasing an update for the Galaxy S II, they're talking about the i9100. Eventually, the same fix trickles down to the I9100G, but it takes a while. Case and point: the Galaxy S II started to receive the update to Android 4.0.3 (ice cream sandwich) back in late February or early March. The I9100G didn't start rolling out ICS until May 30th.

My wife doesn't care about ICS at all, so this didn't effect her user experience at all. But I was disappointed because we didn't know this going in. Fortunately, ICS has finally come out, and we were able to install it by connecting the phone to Kies (no flashing of roms with Odin needed!), and the phone is now a lot snappier and responsive than it was when we first bought it.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to someone who's looking for a thin, powerful phone with a great camera. But if you're a power user who's going to want to flash custom roms, you should avoid the G model.

4.0 out of 5 stars except for battery life, almost impossible to hope for a better phone, May 12, 2012
Of all the phones I've used or tried out -including iPhone 4s- this is hands down the best of the lot. I have become a fan of Android operating systems after using extensively both an Android tablet and an iPad 2. On the average, at least for my purposes, Android provides excellent apps for a wide variety of needs at very reasonable prices. In fact, many of the best ones are actually free. Aside from this advantage, which might be attributable to my personal preferences or necessities, the Galaxy S II is an incredibly well designed phone, very, VERY light, with a superb screen and a camera that rivals much bulkier point and shoot dedicated cameras. It is incredibly easy to use -very intuitive controls. Sound is crisp and reception is excellent. The phone is very thin and extremely light weight, as pointed out before, but by virtue of its oversized screen it is on the very edge of being uncomfortable to carry in ordinary pockets. However, this slight inconvenience is more than compensated by the advantages provided by the very large display, which has also great resolution, vibrant colors and usability even under direct sunlight. On the down side -and this is the only reason I knocked off one star- the battery life leaves much to be desired. If you are a heavy user, you'll be lucky to get one ordinary day's use per charge. Perhaps this is unfair, since probably all modern smartphones cannot possibly compete on this score with the likes of the Nokia 5800 Xpress.

1.0 out of 5 stars World wide distributors suck A**,-be warned, November 23, 2011
Firstly- nothing against the phone ! It is REALLY the BEST one out there, you wont regret having Samsung G S2

But World Wde ditributors are terible. I orderd the White one, & they sent me the BLACK one. When I told them that they sent me the wrong order they were VERY reluctant to take this order back. & wasted my time like anything. forced me to show them PICTURES as proof,, & then they are like emmm.... we cant have it back coz u have opened the box it or used it. I got frustrated as hell. I threatened them that Ill sue their company,,,, I filed A-Z gaurantee claim with Amazone, then world wide distributors are like ok we will take it back & replace with the WHITE one.....& I returned via UPS, then they stop replying I call Amazone again which then FORCED a refund out of them.

Take home message: Phone is great ! World Wide distributors are terrible. The international Warrenty is a SCAM ( now changed to version) it does not work outside latin America. DONT PUT YOUR MONEY At RISK,,, it will waste your time. Pick some other buyer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Phone for Me, November 30, 2011
This is a perfect Phone for me - I had been debating for several months between an iPHONE and S2, I think reading all possible reviews over the NET - I couldnt stop my self buying the S2, it fits my Pocket, Budget and the best of all - It has the amazing WHITE finish -

1.0 out of 5 stars Got a T-Mobile phone and a damaged one, December 1, 2012
I wanted an unlocked phone as I want to use it once i leave USA. But I got a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and its not even a new one. The seal on the box is broken. The phone is damaged, the back panel is broken. The title says 'unlocked galaxy s2 international version', but I got a completely opposite one. I should never have bought phones in amazon. The only true thing about the title is that its a ceramic white phone. Asked for returning the phone, lets see what happens.

Rate and Discover Movies